This Ever Happen To You?

King_Serperior

So, it was my birthday recently, and for the occasion, I got some money. However, I kind of wanted to get some Lego, but I feel I am a little old for it. Any ways to cope with it?

The Old King is dead long live the King

Dragon types will rule

PM me if you have Pokemon White

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are of the remaining 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

well my only suggestion is what i do. I see them as a form of art. when people ask me why i get Lego Bricks i just say its a form of art. so yeah that is my suggestion. I hope it helps.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

People who claim that LEGO is only for kids because it's stereotypically just that are wrong. I'm unashamed of buying them, but most of my purchases come online. I can't even remember the last time I got a set at a store.I see LEGO as a creative medium - sculpting, but more difficult than that, due to the limitations of color and shape. I think anyone who takes the time to peruse Brickshelf and Flickr can see that. In that since, buying LEGO is no worse than a painter purchasing some paints.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Lego even has some themes like the architecture sets which are pretty clearly geared towards older audiences, so I'm sure you'd get no trouble buying something like those. But really, don't worry about it. Like the others said, worst-case-scenario just buy them online.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Call me crazy, but I saw toxic reapa at my local target, and that was the set I wanted to get.I also kind of fear what my parents would think when they would see me with a HF baggie, of all things

Dragon types will rule

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are of the remaining 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

Lego even has some themes like the architecture sets which are pretty clearly geared towards older audiences, so I'm sure you'd get no trouble buying something like those. But really, don't worry about it. Like the others said, worst-case-scenario just buy them online.

Architecture theme is great and advanced, but not much can be done with it, and you never want to take those apart.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

i have to admit the hardest part for me when buying Lego Bricks is

• [*]I first off have to drive 4 hours or a 200 miles just to get to a store that sells Lego Bricks[*]Th esecond thing is when i'm in the lego aisle choosing which ones i always feel like the people around me are thinking wrong of me or think i'm creepy, especially now that i'm 18 and in 4 days i'll be 19 so yeah even harder.

I also agree that lego are a art form and that it is for all ages.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

You can't be too old for LEGO, or anything really. If you want to buy LEGO sets, buy them. If your parents complain, remind them there are far worse things teens (?) can spend their money on. LEGO is a creative medium, which should be more than enough reason to regard it as a reasonable hobby. There's nothing wrong with that.Or yeah, the internet, I guess.

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

I used to have that problem a few years ago, but now I don´t really care and people don´t look at me like I am crazy. I guess with a certain age you are already considered an AFOL and sane. :P Although of course, it could just be because I have been buying most LEGO sets in the LEGO Store for the past two years. :P~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Dotcom's reply, to me, is pretty sound. Although I might also just resort to buying online.

Dragon types will rule

No, this hasn't happened to me, since I haven't bought any Lego sets yet. When and if I start, if I ever do, I will shrug off any criticism and chalk it up to my inherent nerdy weirdness.And, of course, the Internet is the ultimate in anonymous buying. :)

Edited by fishers64

Still an issue that bugs me, still don't tell people I'm in to LEGO that much. Hadn't received any sets in about three years until the Christmas just past, and it was great to get. I guess what I'm saying is, you should totally do it, because LEGO is pretty great. The only real reason why I wouldn't now is I'm often buying other things, and I have bad storage problems right now, heh.signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

Feel old for LEGO? Still like LEGO? Want to buy LEGO but don't want to be considered childish?Screw the opinions of anyone who thinks you're too old for LEGO and head for the store so you can get a set of the most awesome toy ever. It doesn't matter if you feel old. Just go buy a set if you want to.

Unlike pretty much everyone else here, I'm not in for all the "just be who you are, don't care what others think" thing. If you like Lego, that's okay. You want to buy Lego, that's okay as well. But it might be best not to make a big number out of it. I usually don't tell my parents if I buy Lego. If they ask, I tell them, but I don't talk about it often. With my friends I don't talk about it at all. If they knew I was still into Lego and Bionicle, they would think I'm crazy! I'm not willing to endanger my friendships because of my little peculiar hobby. But I still love Lego within. But well, it's your choice what you decide to do. I say go ahead and buy the set, but then you might want to think about keeping a low profile about it...

Unlike pretty much everyone else here, I'm not in for all the "just be who you are, don't care what others think" thing. If you like Lego, that's okay. You want to buy Lego, that's okay as well. But it might be best not to make a big number out of it. I usually don't tell my parents if I buy Lego. If they ask, I tell them, but I don't talk about it often. With my friends I don't talk about it at all. If they knew I was still into Lego and Bionicle, they would think I'm crazy! I'm not willing to endanger my friendships because of my little peculiar hobby. But I still love Lego within. But well, it's your choice what you decide to do. I say go ahead and buy the set, but then you might want to think about keeping a low profile about it...

This is just my opinion, but if you're going to lose your friends, because you buy a certain toy, then maybe you should reevaluate who your friends are.Personally I'm fine with buying Lego Bricks, any friend who would ditch me over something so trivial, is not a friend I want to have. Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Like others have said, If your friends would grow away from you because of LEGO. Your friends aren't authentic.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

Hasn't happened to me for a while--I distanced myself from themes besides Bionicle so I would have more money to buy Bionicle, and so when it ended, I didn't have much of an interest in buying Lego at all any more.If you like it, don't let other people tell you what to do. Some people say the age I'm at is too old for Pokemon, but I still buy the games. Same goes with people who buy Lego stuff.

button.png

I Don't really know how I could hide the new Lego, considering we live in apartment and I don't have a lot of storage space in my room.

Dragon types will rule

Call me crazy, but I saw toxic reapa at my local target, and that was the set I wanted to get.I also kind of fear what my parents would think when they would see me with a HF baggie, of all things

yeah, me too. it would just feel wierd. it's like when you happen to be in a room, and some annoying sibling is watching some stupid show with stereotypes and "stereotypical" failed romance, and it just feel embarassing.I only want the new sets for parts, (i havent gotten any of the 2.0 parts yet), but if i buy them, it makes me feel like people judge me that im some wierd nerd who buys children based toys.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

This reminds me of a quote I heard."We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard ShawI am not ahsamed to purchase LEGO sets. I consider them an art form.

Edited by Fantasia

Just use your money to buy LEGO, I guess.Personally, I also feel a little old to be asking for toys. With graduation on the horizon, it's not exactly the type of thing people expect you to be spending your time on. But I go on BZPower and MOC a bit still, so it's more about finding a balance between toys and 'real life' than letting one overpower the other. I'm not a LEGO freak, but I haven't left it behind either.:e:

You aren't playing with Lego toys. You're building with your Lego collection. When people ask, I usually say I'm a collector. Or, if it comes down to it, just say they're a present for a younger sibling. Works if you're not constantly in the toy aisle. ;)I guess I'm lucky to live in an area where there are a fair amount of AFOLs. I've met a few in the Lego aisles before, I've spoken with store staff who have had experience with them, ext, and there's usually nothing bad said about them. (Except for the dudes who buy out all the collectible figs :P ) I especially like it when I can help some clueless parent locate the right set for their kids. Yes, it's not the most normal hobby you could have, but I don't think it's anything that one should actively try to hide.:music:

Simply buy them. It doesn't matter how old you are; lego sets can be enjoyed by all ages.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I used to think this when I was about 13, but it didn't stop me, just Lego didn't interest me anymore. :XBut I collect wrestling figures now, usually I get told that I'm too "old" to play with them, but it's a hobby I enjoy, and I feel that if you love a hobby, you're never ever too old for it.

Signature Guidelines: Image size may not exceed 250x100 combined or 468x60 combined.

Use the money for Lego Bricks, lol. You are never too old for Lego Bricks. My gf surprised me on christmas with a Takanuva titan set. Best gift ever.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Don't be ashamed! You never outgrow the things you love, and if somebody looks at you funny, hey, it's their problem. Just let them go rot their brains with Call of Duty while you build up some grey matter. It will be their fault when your their boss someday :P.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg