Favorite Matoran

Everyone has a favorite Matoran. Some value the Heroes, like Jaller or Takua, while others like the weirdos, like Midak. Others like the wild ones, like Kongu.Personally, my favorite is Vultraz in his shadow form. I'm into the shadowy matoran.Note: If you post a Matoran like Gavla or Radiak, who was a Shadow matoran at one time, specify which form was your favorite. ex: Radiak light form, Kirop shadow form etc.

Edited by darkslizer

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply. Create. Consume.

Everyone has a favorite Matoran. Some value the Heroes, like Jaller or Takua, while others like the weirdos, like Midak. Others like the wild ones, like Kongu.Personally, my favorite is Vultraz in his shadow form. I'm into the shadowy matoran.Note: If you post a Matoran like Gavla or Radiak, who was a Shadow matoran at one time, specify which form was your favorite. ex: Radiak light form, Kirop shadow form etc.
My favorite Matoran is Gaardus. I really like the set of him (it was a combination of all the BIONICLE Stars and the Golden Armor), plus he has an interesting role in the story. He's also the main character of one of my Epics, The Gaardus Chronicles.

My favorite Matoran is Gaardus. I really like the set of him (it was a combination of all the BIONICLE Stars and the Golden Armor), plus he has an interesting role in the story. He's also the main character of one of my Epics, The Gaardus Chronicles.
Do you mean the Matoran form or the set form, because in the combo model, he isn't really a Matoran, but more of a bat like creature.

Comply. Create. Consume.

Do you mean the Matoran form or the set form, because in the combo model, he isn't really a Matoran, but more of a bat like creature.
There's your answer. He likes Gaardus' set form, which is kind of obvious, as we don't know anything about Gaardus as a Matoran. He was just... a Ta-Matoran, that's all.My favorite Matoran? I don't know, really, but I preferred those who defied the mold. The Builder of the Toa Canisters was a peculiar character who was interesting to learn about.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Hm... After a while of thought, I'd have to say that my favourite Matoran is Mazeka. Not sure why, but I like him.Although, I think I can relate more to Matoran like Velika, Defilak, or Kapura. (Inventors and thinkers, with a hint of mystery, mainly)signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Angel Bob already answered this.If you don't count Gaardus as a Matoran, then my favorite Matoran would be Tanma.

I always thought that the Voya Nui Matoran were really cool. Especially Velika and Garan. But my all time favorite is Mazeka. I mean, who else could defeat two members of Krekka's species by himself?

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I always liked Piruk for some reason. Also, Solek always struck me as someone who had the personality opposite of a Ko-Matoran even though he looked like one, and for that reason he's also one my favorites.I also like Damek simply for the fact that he wears a purple Miru. (Wonder if anyone ever confused him for a Ba-Matoran. :P)

Tiribomba.Seriously every Matoran has such a cool name
Honestly, that is the sole reason I chose him as a protagonist in my epic :D
Mazeka. He only got trained by the Order and survived an alternate dimension and...believed that Matoran could actually do something. Gave the "I don't have to be a Toa to be a hero" saying some teeth. I wouldn't be surprised if he did some more interesting things in the future.
True, never really did consider that he did give the expression some meaning. For that, I also love the Voyoran, because they were true Toa at heart, and most of them BECOME Toa in Alternate Dimensions. (Velika, Balta and Dalu in the Kingdom, for example, even though they aren't shown) I think all of the MNOG 03/04 Matoran are unused characters each with extreme potential.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite matoran is probably Midak, I liked the idea of an oddball Onu-Matoran who actually enjoyed light. Heck, I even turned him into a Toa in my ongoing Bionicle/Star Wars crossover.Doing so made sense to me, given his odd personality, it is as Jerbraz said:"Matoran with the calling are sometimes a little... eccentric, almost like their brain knows something it isn't telling them"Midak definitely fits into that category.Besides, he had a really awesome weapon named after him, that demands respect.

Edited by Kopakamidak

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Favorite Matoran, you ask?Kotu. Because no one remembers Kotu. She shows up in... '01-'03 Wall of History (once, briefly), the updated Encyclopedia (a short, short entry), both MNOGs (first one only mentioned), and the Bohrok(-Kal) Animations. That's it. I don't even know where the information on BS01 about her personality (a prankster? COOL!) comes from but I'm not complaining because her BS01 article is nearly as small and contains essentially the same information as the one on Pelagia (hands up, who has no idea who I'm talking about). For someone who seemed really potentially interesting, she got seriously left by the wayside. Starting with getting passed over as Kolhii forward in favor of Hahli*, of all people!*I love Hahli, Hahli is the best, but from an in-universe perspective choosing her came out of completely left field.

Edited by Lielac

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

Hmm. I think my absolute favourites would be Taipu and Kapura. They're the first ones that come to mind.... Can I just say the entire Matoran cast of MNOLG? Because each and every Matoran in that game is adorable.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

For me, Takua, Midak, Kongu, Macku, Tamaru, and Taipu. Just the quirky Matoran like that, they're the ones whose characters are really well developed.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

*I love Hahli, Hahli is the best, but from an in-universe perspective choosing her came out of completely left field.
Well Nokama looked into the water to see her face. And Hahli did win the Kohlii championship
I'm not saying Hahli didn't turn out to be the best choice, but prophetic visions are, by their nature, left field natives. (Cough, crosswired freaks who have weird dreams, cough. :P)Ah-m. Staying on topic, I also rather like Macku. Any of the Chronicler's Company, really, but Macku especially. I see her as the long-suffering 'normal' one...

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

• 10 months later...

Here I am almost a year later, and I just wanted to apologize from how stupid I sounded when I posted this, and the comments. I don't know if you guys mind or not, but I feel so ashamed looking on this a year later and knowing that I actually sounded like this. *Gives self headslap*

Comply. Create. Consume.

Here I am almost a year later

Yes you are, and that would be topic revival... Please do not post in topics that have been inactive for thirty days or more...

, and I just wanted to apologize from how stupid I sounded when I posted this, and the comments. I don't know if you guys mind or not, but I feel so ashamed looking on this a year later and knowing that I actually sounded like this. *Gives self headslap*

I just re-read your posts and I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. There's nothing stupid about asking for people's favorite Matoran; we encourage topics like this. It's very healthy to be curious about others' personal tastes. Certainly not shameful! :blink: And I see nothing in your posts that sounds anything but normal...

But one thing that you did do wrong (but it's not the end of the world :P) is this latest post. ;)

Revived topic closed. :lookaround:

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)