Bionicle On Stage

MayFall

So picture this: Bionicle as a musical. Is this not an awesome picture? It could really focus on any part of the story, but I'd love to see the 2001 story myself. And If Kopaka had a song, it'd probably be the best. And If your initial though went something like: "No way, that'd be way to weird. Besides, how could you have battles, or the Toa using their elemental powers?" My reply would be that it wouldn't need to focus so much on the action, or perfectly replicating everything that happened in the story, but would instead focus more on the characters, and their relationships with one another. Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

No. No way. No musicals. No. And even as a play, it wouldn't work. Maybe as one of those strange holographic, Miku Miku things, but no. On stage or in real life in general, it doesn't work. Not even as a Walking With Dinosaurs Live sort of thing.

I don't know if I would like a Bionicle musical, since I'm not a big fan of musicals to begin with. I would rather see a Bionicle movie than a musical, personally. But, as Alyska pointed out, Spider-Man got a musical, and I've heard that it was good. So maybe, if done correctly, a Bionicle musical could work.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

A play? yes. A tastefully done comedy? YES. A musical? Nah.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

If that were to happen... I think I would simply just laugh very hard... so hard I would be on the floor dying of laughter. Even if it was 100 percent serious and accurate and not a comedy. :superfunny: It would make my day though. :happydance:

"Don't! They will kill you like a small dog. Instead let your anger be as if it were a monkey on a treadmill; confused and tripping around." -Lelouch of Britania- (Here is my BZPRPG Profile, Diotrua.) 

09972482fe0243bdf1778f84fd5d61d1.gif

I've got an idea, how about a Bionicle "Bob Hope & Bing Crosby" style musical, where Jaller and Takua have to take the MoL to the herald, but run into a few pretty Ga-Matoran and have a couple song and dance routines on their adventure (I can hear it now: Makuta singing "My Way" at the end. "shudders" ).It can't miss (NOT!) Bionicle is just not meant for the stage in any way. You may as well try to stage a Halo Musical. Although with the success of the Spider Man musical, I guess you can't consider that, or a Bionicle musical, 100% impossible.

Tahu: Way too dynamic and would say corny lines.Nuju: Could talkTekua: an cool dude (and would be played buy Jack Black like cap'n k said)Bohrack: Could talkHewkii and Maku: would sing a obligatory un-origonal love song :PLewa: would say bad puns a lotPewku: Could Talk :???: ....wait....Movie: funny in a fail way These are some of my conclusions due to knowing of lots of corny stage performances :P

Tenacious Takua and the Mask of Light? Starring Dave Grohl as Makuta, of course.

YES. Yes. With Jack Black as Takua and Kyle Gass as Jaller, featuring Meat Loaf as Vakama and the ghost of Dio as himself. ...maybe that would just be weird. -ck
with arnold schwarzenegger as tahu :P
naccu_dancing_gif_by_larnuu-d51e6u5.gifNacuu's Slow Dance!!naccu_dancing_gif_by_larnuu-d51e6u5.gif

Tahu: Way too dynamic and would say corny lines.

Like:

We will not be broken!

Nuju: Could talk

*click**chirp**whistle**tweeeet*

Tekua: an cool dude (and would be played buy Jack Black like cap'n k said)

You know him: always different.

Hewkii and Maku: would sing a obligatory un-origonal love song :P

<insert "Never Gonna Give You Up" here>

Lewa: would say bad puns a lot

Involving Matoran marching bands? :P

Movie: funny in a fail way

Completely agree with you. It would be funny, but full of fail. Fail's not bad, if countered with funny. Like this post: for all intents and purposes, a failfest, but it is funny (IMHO ^_^) nonetheless.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

YES. YES YES YES YES YES. OH MY GOODNESS. It would be so wonderfully cheesy! All the corny costumes, silly music, and over excited actors that may or may not know anything about the actual story. It would just be so much wonderful fluffy cheesy goodness!

Edited by Toa Novu

zolfbanner.jpg

So take my hand, Now you'll never be lonely, Not when I'm home, sweet home

I see your star, you left it burning for me

Mother, I'm here