BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Most of us already are doing things in the game, so there's nothing wrong with a discussion, Kughii..

Besides that, this conflict isn't likely to happen for a while (if it does), so there's nothing wrong with debating over it. We have no way to prove our points in the RP right now, and discussing things here isn't going to absolutely ruin anything that does happen.

• Upvote 2

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Okay guys, I get you're taking a position and defending it like it's Constantinople. That's fine. Really, I totally get where where you're coming from and I agree: discussion is awesome and most often entirely valid. Karz, I even make flowcharts sometimes or to-do lists. My comment was about taking all that great discussion energy and thoughts on the outcome of a topic and moving from theory to reality. That's all. :) Instead of focusing on how a war would end why not put our energy into actually getting the two societies to meet, and then see what happens? It's only taking a long time because of our busy lives and the fact we're not actually writing it into creation as actively as we could be.

Can I stress how much I'm not arguing right now, simply expressing an idea.

Do the Dasaka have any considerable advantage against the Matoran in the situation of all-out war?

They won't be much better off if the Matoran decide to go imperialistic either. Despite home field advantage, a coordinated group of Ga, Onu, and Bo-Toa could cause massive devastation.

@EW: and how much control do Mebti have over Soulsword energy? I'm assuming that in its raw form, it's similar in manipulation to water, plasma, and other fluid-type elements (except less flexible?)

I don't see how most of the players here could be actively involved in helping the two civilizations clash when we have a party to get through first, and then an expedition. That's not the fault of the players. There's nothing wrong with debate in the meantime.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

@EW: and how much control do Mebti have over Soulsword energy? I'm assuming that in its raw form, it's similar in manipulation to water, plasma, and other fluid-type elements (except less flexible?)

That depends entirely on how the power is being used, but generally speaking a Soulsword's weapon is like a toa's plasma in a solid form (this isn't scientifically correct but screw science—this is the BZPRPG). The shape of the weapon is defined by the user's knowledge of it and is very, very specific because of the amount of studying to master a Soulsword weapon, so it's not flexible at all.

There's a party?!

Yes. Princess Yumiwa is throwing a masquerade party (and it will be happening very soon). PM me or something and I can hook you up with the deets.

Edited by Crown Princess Yumiwa

That depends entirely on how the power is being used, but generally speaking a Soulsword's weapon is like a toa's plasma in a solid form (this isn't scientifically correct but screw science—this is the BZPRPG). The shape of the weapon is defined by the user's knowledge of it and is very, very specific because of the amount of studying to master a Soulsword weapon, so it's not flexible at all.

Just curious, though would a sort of "hardlight/crystalline energy" be an apt description of the Soulsword energy? Less of a Lightsaber, and more of an Omniblade-type weapon? (To use approximate sci-fi weapons.)

cringe solid plasma cringe

<3

• Upvote 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Okay...

I'm guessing what I'm trying to ask is this: how would it work if a Menti decided to use it in its raw state as a projectile? Picture a toa of water blasting water out of their hands in a pressurized stream or in balls; do the Dasaka have an equivalent to that?

Honestly?

I don't really want to spend a ridiculous amount of time and energy thinking of the specific appearances and such of Soulswords, so I'm just going to leave it to the writer to describe. Just be faithful to the specific properties of the energy (as I described in previous posts today) and you should be fine. :)

I'm guessing what I'm trying to ask is this: how would it work if a Menti decided to use it in its raw state as a projectile? Picture a toa of water blasting water out of their hands in a pressurized stream or in balls; do the Dasaka have an equivalent to that?

Yes, it's been done to a limited extent. Weapons can require that every be thrown, such as how Xania can throw needles of energy and Sheika mastered a bow/arrow form. The Dasaka master reference post has the following to say: "A rudimentary and less precise Soulsword ability is to take psionic energy and whip it at foes, most often as a blunt attack." Most Soulswords can shoot little blasts of energy, but it's an inelegant attack and they can't really control the path of the flung energy. They certainly cannot shoot concentrated beams of energy at foes like toa can.

Edited by Crown Princess Yumiwa

Okay...

Take a look at the reference posts. Pretty sure there's something in there about how inexperienced Soulswords' energy manifests.

To my knowledge (and I may well be wrong), I'm the only person who's so far RPed an untrained Soulsword - my character Enali is a young Dasaka, currently taking her Menti training. In one exercise, she managed to produce a burst of raw psionic energy sufficient to cleave a large boulder in two. However, that was basically powered by fear and instinct, and she wouldn't be able to reproduce it at will.

From what Nuju Metru's said on the subject, I understand that Soulsword energy is by far at its most effective when coalesced into a blade or other weapon, maintaining a constant shape. Otherwise it is formless and much weaker, and carries little more force than a weak punch.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

You know this is something that popped into my mind... How does the dasaka manage to cut crystal? Afterall they don't have the tools we as humans have now adays to cut crystal into specific shapes. So anyone got an explanation for this?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Some do it with their minds, others with a soulsword tool, others by knapping them... Pretty much however they want to, really.

Oh... silly me i totally did not consider the soulsword method..

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Yes, I know you know. But now, everybody knows!

Mata-Nui Daily

• Lavapool Inn Destroyed: An explosion has rocked one of the more fortified villages on Mata Nui today. Rubble and fighting now standing where the famous Lavapool Inn once stood. The Ta-Koro Guard was quickly dispatched and are securing the area now. Stay tuned for more updates.

With the return of Wokiya comes the return of MND. Interested in helping establish what all characters should or shouldn't know? Sign your character up to be an MND reporter!*

I don't expect much overlap with MNW and I actually don't expect many stories, period. MND is IC-news only and two characters having a witty barter or conversation isn't really going to get picked up unless, perhaps, the people are famous like the Maru, or the Akiri, or what have you (you can PM me for specifics, but chances are we can all pretty much guess which characters would be well-known in this RPG world. Also remember that stardom can fade really quickly).

You can just PM me you character so that I have a record, and RP as you normally would. You would then just PM me stories that are expected to be common knowledge (preferably things your character has personally witnessed) on Mata Nui, ie, a famous gathering place being destroyed.

* you don't have to have a reporter character. You can just PM me news like before, but I find Chronicler-types to be fun to write, and it makes the MND organization look less like ninjas, so I do recommend it.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

Yes, I know you know. But now, everybody knows!

Mata-Nui Daily

• Lavapool Inn Destroyed: An explosion has rocked one of the more fortified villages on Mata Nui today. Rubble and fighting now standing where the famous Lavapool Inn once stood. The Ta-Koro Guard was quickly dispatched and are securing the area now. Stay tuned for more updates.

With the return of Wokiya comes the return of MND. Interested in helping establish what all characters should or shouldn't know? Sign your character up to be an MND reporter!*

I don't expect much overlap with MNW and I actually don't expect many stories, period. MND is IC-news only and two characters having a witty barter or conversation isn't really going to get picked up unless, perhaps, the people are famous like the Maru, or the Akiri, or what have you (you can PM me for specifics, but chances are we can all pretty much guess which characters would be well-known in this RPG world. Also remember that stardom can fade really quickly).

You can just PM me you character so that I have a record, and RP as you normally would. You would then just PM me stories that are expected to be common knowledge (preferably things your character has personally witnessed) on Mata Nui, ie, a famous gathering place being destroyed.

* you don't have to have a reporter character. You can just PM me news like before, but I find Chronicler-types to be fun to write, and it makes the MND organization look less like ninjas, so I do recommend it.

I'd... actually be interested in this. It would at least give me a way to restart a character, and have something to do with them.

I assume that you wouldn't want the entire profile for the characters, and more of general "Name/species/element/who they are" type stuff?

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

NO NO NO WAIT

I HAVE IT

I

HAVE

IT

So

So here's the thing

are you guys with me

Okay so

what if we

stay with me here

what

if

we

Just chilled outside until one killed the other due to being stuck in there with them for an extended period of time

I am a GENIUS

Edited by The Doc
  • Upvote 1

helo frens

I know I'm in charge of distributing Mata Nui Weekly in Po-Koro, and I'm the "printer," so I guess that means that I announce a new Mata Nui Weekly in the Po-Koro discussion and copy/paste the link to the lastest one. Is that right?

I 'hired' you, so here is the answer: Your position has no OOC duties whatsoever. It is merely IC, and you will not even have to do much that often then.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?