BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

We mean using GMT or EST to schedule things OOC, right? Not to make that BZPRPG time? Just checking. And I'm fine with either, although I'd prefer EST on the basis that I live there.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

EW is Grochi?

Oh god, it all makes sense now.

I am unsure how to respond to this.

Instead, I will just say that if anybody has characters, be they in a village guard or, say, mercenaries, but who have certain skills aside from the norm for most such combatants, contact me. I could use them for an idea I have.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

We honestly cannot create a solid BZP time. Each character post are at a certain time in the continuum but it could be quite different. Some posts could take up an entire day, others milliseconds. We just assume that it happened in the 'present', and that's good enough.

@Blokfase, you mean custom powers or just uncommon skills?

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Alright, so cooking something up dealing with some inter-Koro trade and all that good stuff, though need a few more people because NPCs are no fun.

Does anyone else have any Po-Koroan artisans currently active?

Edited by Floridian Citrus

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Hey I was thinking. Matoro was Nuju's translator, and Matoro knew pretty much everything the Turaga knew in the actual story.

Does this hold true in game? That Matoro may have more knowledge then anyone else, and probably even knows what behind the vault (if the turaga knew) or at least has the best educated guess?

Or is Matoro...not actually Matoro?

lawl.png

I have been known as shark112, Shark112, Shark Owns Demons All teh Time (yes the is typoed intentionally), Sharkalicious, The Venom Symbiote, Zyglakky Shark Ranger, Pope Sharkictus CXII, King Sharkictus CXII, Dotor Shark PhD Bionicle, and Shark.

Hey I was thinking. Matoro was Nuju's translator, and Matoro knew pretty much everything the Turaga knew in the actual story.

Does this hold true in game? That Matoro may have more knowledge then anyone else, and probably even knows what behind the vault (if the turaga knew) or at least has the best educated guess?

Stop it, you're gonna make me paranoid.

I think we can assume that yes, Matoro knows a bit more, but not what's in the vault.

Perks of being the translator, I guess.

WIP

No. I don't think I want to know.

Hehehehehe... Maybe Matoro has more to him than most of you think. :3 I'm not going to confirm or deny anything but we'll see how this goes.

...Oh God. Please don't tell me you guys are pulling an '07 and saying that Matoro has been communicating with that demon, Makuta. 0_0

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Oh, no. Maybe Matoro -is- the Makuta and Stannis actually just made a construct of Matoro's disappear? Oh the possibilities are endless! :D

(But seriously guys, whatever I devise won't be outlandish and totally within the possibilities based on what we know already.)

Okay, here is something that confuses me about Parakuka:

Eyru and Strack have had their Parakuka talk in full, complete sentences. However, Parakuka are only supposed to communicate in images and emotions. Which is the true means of communication between Parakuka and host?

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

I don't know much about Strack's usage of a Kuka, but in the case of Inu it has a lot to do with the fact that Inu has been blessed with really intelligent hosts and has learned to communicate in Matoran very symbiotically, allowing a more coherent and smart communication between Inu and Oreius. Inu is basically an educated Parakuka. :lol:

But the standard Parakuka converses with images because it is above language and speaks very profoundly.

Okay, here is something that confuses me about Parakuka:

Eyru and Strack have had their Parakuka talk in full, complete sentences. However, Parakuka are only supposed to communicate in images and emotions. Which is the true means of communication between Parakuka and host?

It is, as you said, images and emotions.

In Eyru's case, Inu and Oreius have been bonded for a long time and hence know each others' minds very well (also, Inu is a highly intelligent Parakuka), to the extent that their mental communication is much more complex and advanced than the average pairing, and can be adequately approximated by sentences.

In Strack's case, please note that he is not the most experienced of players(!), but his Parakuka has not spoken in complete sentences - rather in primitive, disjointed ones - which, while not exactly accurately depicting the true method of communication, does convey some of its simplicity.

Parakuka communicate with their hosts through images and feelings, yes. But it does take a long time to describe every one of those images and feelings :P

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Since it appears my introduction post has been ignored, I believe it is high time to announce it in a longer, more concise manner. Simply stated, after over a week of negotiations, a new faction has been founded. The Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an. It is, if I'm correct, the first staff-approved PC faction in years.

It is a revival of an organization from the Pre-2011 BZPRPG, adapted to fit the times. It is a cult, dedicated to necromancy and serving the Dark Angel Ak'rei'an. All members must be Toa or Skakdi (Save two Matoran elders). And, at the cost of an element, mask power or element, all members are allowed a zombie minion, WITHOUT a Tryna.

Now, the arc will begin when I have 5 members and their characters. These characters will be Brotherhood members from the beginning. For those with prexisting characters that want to join, please PM me. I will arrange for said characters to be kidnapped and brainwashed into loyal zealots of Ak'rei'an.

If you want more details, send me a message.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Parakuka communicate with their hosts through images and feelings, yes. But it does take a long time to describe every one of those images and feelings :P

See, Krayzikk, this is why we should re-make Kixin and Xicuta. I had a lot of fun describing images and stuff, and that latching post was just glorious.

To everybody else: don't be afraid to describe all those images and stuff, I found it helpful as a writer.

As to the Ak'rei'an: ...oh, lordy.

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

@Kapura Dude, let's be real. You've spammed way more about being on topic than we've actually been off-topic. It needs to stop. PM me if you still have any thoughts.On a personal note, I need more divers! I have two or three, but I'm aiming for a larger team. The whole dive is a false front for something way bigger, I will warn.

I have a character in the works and I'd be more than happy to pitch in as soon as I'm done writing the profile.

As someone who has little time to actually browse this forum in comparison to some of the more zealous players, I'd like to take moment and address the idea of scheduling events in real time.I personally disagree with the issue. As someone who must access the internet from a public terminus, I find the idea rather bland. I watch great opportunities for PC gameplay pass me by due to my lack of connection, but I don't mind. In fact, I think not being able to access the game for days at a time makes me a better writer. I have to stare at what I've written. Sometimes for days. By creating a time for something to happen, I feel it draws people to the game in a negative way, and could impact their daaily lives and study accordingly because they have to be online at a certain time or they miss their chance. Lets just let things flow naturally and not worry about the precise time to be online.Oh, sorry for typos. I'm on a phone.

As someone who has little time to actually browse this forum in comparison to some of the more zealous players, I'd like to take moment and address the idea of scheduling events in real time.I personally disagree with the issue. As someone who must access the internet from a public terminus, I find the idea rather bland. I watch great opportunities for PC gameplay pass me by due to my lack of connection, but I don't mind. In fact, I think not being able to access the game for days at a time makes me a better writer. I have to stare at what I've written. Sometimes for days. By creating a time for something to happen, I feel it draws people to the game in a negative way, and could impact their daaily lives and study accordingly because they have to be online at a certain time or they miss their chance. Lets just let things flow naturally and not worry about the precise time to be online.Oh, sorry for typos. I'm on a phone.

My opinions are much the same as the above. The BZPRPG being much more of a collaborative story than a 'game', I feel too much focus on OOC/IC time linkage is detrimental. As Kughii says, just let things flow naturally. Cut people some slack, do what works to keep the story realistic, enjoyable, and accessable by all.Oh, and for some reason my built-in typo check system isn't working here on BZPower. Any ideas why? I have Windows Vista operating system, Mozilla Firefox web browser.

In Strack's case, please note that he is not the most experienced of players(!), but his Parakuka has not spoken in complete sentences - rather in primitive, disjointed ones - which, while not exactly accurately depicting the true method of communication, does convey some of its simplicity.

I'd just like to add to that. Teiujn has been bonded to his Parakuka for quite a while, as stated in his profile

Edited by Strack

Previously known as Aiwendil.