BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Ouch. No love for a pun now and again, it seems. Ah, well. 

I used to not mind them before they started to clog up the topic with four chuckleheads at a time filling half a page with aimless puns. Now it's easier to just nip them before they start.

-Tyler

• Upvote 12

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

hmm...... good point. Still, maybe a cloth soaked in oil filled with stralix powder could be effective. Would make some nice grenades, or something. Mostly bouncing ideas here.

All you need for a basic grenade is a container with an easily broken barrier splitting it in half. Lightstone powder goes in one side and heatstone powder goes in the other. screw on the cap and toss at whoever got you angry.

Why all the oil?

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

hmm...... good point. Still, maybe a cloth soaked in oil filled with stralix powder could be effective. Would make some nice grenades, or something. Mostly bouncing ideas here.

All you need for a basic grenade is a container with an easily broken barrier splitting it in half. Lightstone powder goes in one side and heatstone powder goes in the other. screw on the cap and toss at whoever got you angry.

Why all the oil?

Why split the stone types? Stralix powder can be detonated by impacts. Just pack the powder into a small object that crumples easily, and lob it as hard as you can.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

It hard to be certain of when something is going to mix when working with stuff that small. It is safer to keep them completely apart until you need an explosion.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

The characters who have actually portrayed the effects of alcoholism - Tuara, Liara, Dorian, Brykon, Sev - all had it screw with them physically or psychologically.

But yeah, to chime in a bit late on this discussion, my characters tend to abstain from Alcohol. Most of them tend to have the generally philosophy that it's not only a waste of their time, but also it pointless activity as it merely deludes their senses and makes them weaker than they already are. That's why if I'm going to use alcohol with a character it'll be for a reason and you can rest assured that character is going to be in a real rough patch. Currently the only character of mine that drinks does so because he's suffering extreme depression and PTSD. This drinking is also causing him to suffer greatly. I dunno, I just don't find characters drinking alcohol all that funny or even enjoyable. It can be a serious condition, and I'd much rather see characters that highlight that point. 

Just my two cents on a dead horse. 

Edited by Purple Devil

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Wing it and hope for the best.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Find a way to convince everyone that you know exactly what you're doing when you're in fact just making it up as you go along.

My thoughts about it were as follows:

1. Since the characters are biomechanical in nature, they'd probably have higher resistances to it than humans.

2. The characters I've seen partaking have usually just been through some sort of altercation beforehand.

3. The effects, after factoring in the biomechanical resistances, would come down to the character's body type, the amount of drinks consumed, and how often they have been drinking in general, since bodies grow more resistant to things being constantly introduced into its system.

4. It's actually okay to sit back and enjoy a few beers if you're doing it to loosen up and aren't constantly drinking in order to get/stay drunk. That's the difference between doing it responsibly and becoming an alcoholic.

Anyway, to reply to Purple God's question, have you tried forming a grudge between two of your own characters? That's what I'm currently doing with Verulas and Dravennica, and I'm just waiting for the day that I can make those two clash.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I've had so many inter-character conflicts since I first started RPing ('07/'08 on another site, I think?) that I know exactly how they go. What I mean by "plot" is more something that involves other players as well. Yeah, I can get some character development out of something like that, but it sorta feels more ... artificial - like, I have complete control over their interactions. Having foreign input is a lot more interesting, you know?

I have around seven existing grudges between my characters as of present. They don't really do much for me.

My thoughts about it were as follows:

1. Since the characters are biomechanical in nature, they'd probably have higher resistances to it than humans.

I don't know why, but for some reason I have a problem with statements like "X would have less effect on Biomechanical creatures".

Consider, everyone in this universe is biomechanical, and their actual universe was made pretty specifically for them to inhabit. With this in mind I feel like, a punch to the jaw of a Toa would have the exact same effect that it would on a proportionate human, because it was thrown by someone with similar physical superiority compared to humans, a potential disease could come from bacteria that specifically thrived in Biomechanical beings, and therefore would be just as dangerous as any disease humans can contract, and a stab wound would be just as harmful to them as it is to us. Similarly, why wouldn't their alcohol have the same effect on Bionicles as normal alcohol has on humans?

Everyone operates on the same "elevated" plane, therefore, in proportion to each other, they are effectively human in the sense that they would react much the same way when subjected to any factor, since said factors are also stronger.

These are mostly just my own two cents off the top of my head, though. I'd like to state for the record, that I intended no offense to you, personally, Tim, and that I'm not expecting this to stand here uncontested, anyone who has an argument they want to bring up is free to do so.

• Upvote 2

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Most of my characters have been drinking simply as a means of adding some kind of movement to a conversation. Otherwise it's just lines of dialogue back and forth.

I don't know why, but for some reason I have a problem with statements like "X would have less effect on Biomechanical creatures".

Consider, everyone in this universe is biomechanical, and their actual universe was made pretty specifically for them to inhabit.

Gear's pretty much hit the nail on the head here.