BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Gay strictly means guy likes guy.

He could be guy likes girls, but he hangs around at their tea parties and stuff.

Okay that was offensive.

Stop this discussion...

NOW.

E: "I dotted all the 'I's with hearts. Tee hee!"

The legendary Donut. Who lives with Doc in a cave.

I promised myself this discussion would be over before I got into it. I promise I wouldn't meddle. I promised that EW's statement would be it. But I fail to see the logic that goes into thinking something this blatantly offensive, deciding it would be a good idea to write it out, declaring that it's offensive and then refusing to even blank it out of courtesy.

I'd like to remind everyone that romantic relationships are a natural part of the BZPRPG and prolonged character interaction - any kind of relationships, with any characters. It is not taboo; it is not a crime. It is, however, a violation of BZP protocol and rules to be offensive towards those relationships IC or OOC, or to malign "the g word," which, in turn, maligns the dignity and insults many BZP members. What's worse, it's not the first time it's happened in this particular forum. It will not happen again.

That's all I'm going to say on the topic above me, and no more will be said on the topic below me. Tread carefully.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Vortixx are generally more physically capable than a Toa, though this is only a general statement and not applicable to a case-by-case basis. E.g., comparing one to a Toa of Stone.

And I do believe that most people portray Skakdi as a whole to be one of the physically strongest species by default.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Vortixx are generally more physically capable than a Toa, though this is only a general statement and not applicable to a case-by-case basis. E.g., comparing one to a Toa of Stone.

And I do believe that most people portray Skakdi as a whole to be one of the physically strongest species by default.

What about people with a parakuka?

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

So essentially a Vortixx would on average be able to perform better than a Toa physically, but would be surpassed by a Toa with particular skill in a certain physical aspect, like the heightened agility of Le-Toa, or the heightened resilience of a Fe-Toa.

Sounds logical.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I usually assume that Skakdi are the strongest, followed by Vortixx, followed by Toa. They're all close enough in terms of physical capability that they can stand yup to each other, but I would say that, in a contest of physical strength, a Skakdi would win, and in a contest of agility and speed, a Vortixx would win.

Well thank you guys for your help on the matter.. trying to decide on a new character.. Thinking i may go the vortixx route.. though lesterin appear kind of tempting

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Lesterin are definitely the way to go.

Seriously, I love that species, it just fits in so well

:)

I usually assume that Skakdi are the strongest, followed by Vortixx, followed by Toa. They're all close enough in terms of physical capability that they can stand yup to each other, but I would say that, in a contest of physical strength, a Skakdi would win, and in a contest of agility and speed, a Vortixx would win.

I agree with this. In the end it depends on the individuals in question, but Skakdi are on average considerably more burly than members of other species.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I think something needs to be said about common sense here (not really about Skyra, but I've seen it around the forum a bit). When you superheat a blade, it doesn't let it cut through things more effectively. When you superheat a piece of metal and slam it against another piece of metal, the superheated piece of metal bends. That's the entire concept behind blacksmithing.

Am I wrong here?

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

I think something needs to be said about common sense here (not really about Skyra, but I've seen it around the forum a bit). When you superheat a blade, it doesn't let it cut through things more effectively. When you superheat a piece of metal and slam it against another piece of metal, the superheated piece of metal bends. That's the entire concept behind blacksmithing.

Am I wrong here?

I don't really know anything about metalworking, so maybe it's not my place to speak, but I'd just like to mention... laser/plasma cutters.

They use superheated material to burn through non-superheated material. Is that relevant? I dunno. :shrugs:

Douglas, I can talk about the blacksmithing since it was a possible career I've looked into. Basically, in a general statement, yes. Using a cool piece of metal which has less molecular movement to bend a metal with more molecular movement (Ghosthands can correct my terminology, I'm using layman's description here), is the theory behind blacksmithing. Some metals heat at different temperatures though. Even in game, Rena can hold a razor edge but has a much lower melting point than other metals. As for the materials and specifics of skyra's weapons ill let Yoko explain since they play Skyra.

Right, but it's a good point to bring up. Of course sinve this is a science fiction elemental type game, some realities are going to slide in exchange for coolio fantasy items, fireswords for example.

Edited by Kughii

Am I wrong here?

Since the weapons in question are normally elemental Fire Toa Tools, they have far greater resistance to heat (i.e. higher melting points) than ordinary metal. Thus they can be heated to high temperatures without softening them - temperatures so high that when they are brought into contact with ordinary metal, the latter will be melted by the sheer heat of the Toa Tool.

With ordinary metal, however, you're quite right.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Question folks.. we all know how bionicles come with armor that is naturally a part of their body.. Now if you have armor that is bought/found/created separate from the wearer's body how would you assume it would be worn?

Would it become an actual part of that user's body yet able to be removed.. similar to how kanohi are connected to the face via a magnetic force?

Or would it be more like the old-style suits of armor where you are actually wearing each piece ontop of your body?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I always think of additional armor as LEGO pieces. You can add them or remove them pretty much effortlessly. To my mind the whole concept would be based around magnetism in that sense, or some parts of your body naturally connecting to the armor, keeping it on.

It's just actual armor.

And, it should be noted to whoever said it above, that you're not going to wreck a blade by hitting another character with it. Why? Because Bionicle physiology is treated as the same as human for combat, and as such, a katana hitting another Toa is not the same as a katana hitting metal, it's the same as a katana hitting flesh.

Just sayin'.

Note; this is taking into account only natural armor, as that is what Miracles referenced above.

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I wasn't really speaking of natural armor. I've always thought of that as tough skin- I was thinking of various other things a sword might come into contact with- shields, heavy armor, other weapons, etc.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

I wasn't really speaking of natural armor. I've always thought of that as tough skin- I was thinking of various other things a sword might come into contact with- shields, heavy armor, other weapons, etc.

Then it would probably act the same as if something like that was hit in real life. Unless of course, special things like Protosteel and Elemental Powers were taken into consideration.

As for the armor, I always think of MU beings having "natural armor" which are the mechanical parts that their body is made up of, so basically a metallic skin, and then regular armor which would be exactly how we think of armor. The first kind is their body itself, which you probably don't want to remove, and the second is worn like normal, in which case you might want to see a doctor if you can't remove that.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I'll bring up a word some may have noticed me using when talking about the integral armor, or natural armor, or skin, of a Bionicle: carapace. A carapace is a shell-like covering, commonly found on crabs and other crustaceans, but I use it liberally when describing the "skin" of Bionicle creatures, since I am always confused between armor and natural armor. I would prefer it really to come down to player preference, allowing for maximum freedom of expression while not infringing on the expressions of others. For those people who think of of armor as being magnetically attached, that's cool and I totally support your ideas as valid, but I just want you to know all your characters are now on hit lists for every toa of magnetism everywhere. :)

Also, if a katana hits something like another sword (on edge), or a shield, or a tree trunk, or a wall, count it like if it hit those things in real life. That would go for anything really, be it a fist or even a rat flail (I know, those suckers are supposed to be invincible). The staff ruling was to treat combat like real life, just adding the super powers and time for actual dialogue, etc. (I've never found it smart to open my mouth and start an intellectual conversation on good vs. evil topics while someone is trying to beat the snot out of me), into the mix.

I've always thought of BZPRPG characters' 'additional armor' as being essentially modeled after real-life versions, what with buckles, straps, etc. Nero wears studded leather, for example; Rhea goes with light chain mail. I find it's much easier to put my brain around, and leads to less player conflict and confusion.

Kind of like that in my mind, plus what Kughii said with the natural armor stuff.

Personally, I see armor as the 'perfect' supplements that you can place upon your body, and I don't really care how it straps on. Originally I'd thought of them just like 'extra' pieces that you place onto a set in real toys, (Unless the arms and legs are pretty much armored already, like Inika's lower leg), but since the art I've seen of the Maru, as well as other Toa, I've since come to think of them as more form-fitting to the characters themselves, are 'latched' on by physical or whatever means, and are simply perfect to the point of them pretty much 'melding' in with the body of the Toa, though it still is a separate piece.

If you've seen Pacific Rim, it's kinda like that - the arms of the robots are mechanical, metal and pretty functional as armor themselves but the REAL armor is the plating that is placed on and is simply perfect for the robot.

For those people who think of of armor as being magnetically attached, that's cool and I totally support your ideas as valid, but I just want you to know all your characters are now on hit lists for every toa of magnetism everywhere. :)

Pretty much EXACTLY what I thought.

I will never, ever, make another post like the one I'm working on EVER again.

Did you lose it?

While writing this post, and in particular thinking about Skyra Daring, I'm fairly certain no other character has seen such significant change as her since the start of their lifetime.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I've always thought of BZPRPG characters' 'additional armor' as being essentially modeled after real-life versions, what with buckles, straps, etc. Nero wears studded leather, for example; Rhea goes with light chain mail. I find it's much easier to put my brain around, and leads to less player conflict and confusion.

Pretty much the same for me, though with more of a Bionicle-ish feel. E.g., random pistons and bolts. And lots of reinforced open spaces. The leather straps and stuff mesh well with the simplistic pre-industrial feel of the island. Though of course, there are those foreign Vortixx with the high tech armor and stuff, but the same basic principle.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

To all:

I realised that yesterday, my posts in the GD topic were offensive in their content and ignorance. I understand that they were offensive to some, and so I wish to apologise for my remarks.

I understand they weren't worded properly and were quite condenscending and insulting. I hadn't intended it that way, but nonetheless it was. I understand that excuses will be useless and no one wants to hear them, so I won't bother giving any.

I still, however, apologise to every and anybody who took offense at my ignorant rubbish, and I hope my actions do not impede anyone's enjoyment of the game as a whole any further, so I hope we can bring the matter of my actions to a close with this. I do not expect anyone to let go of this so easily, and I understand. I simply hope that on no account do my words insult or impede anyone's enjoyment of the BZPRPG anymore than I already have.

I won't do it again. You have my word.

Thank you for your patience and happy RP-ing

Norik

P.S. Any replies should be directed to my PM so as to not clutter the GD.

A Night of Secrets, a Night of Answers

~

Should you actually try some of the "fun," therein, I recommend these three links to help you. They are a superb speed enhancer, and make life much less tedious with doing it all by hand (my mistake the first three times).

I have to say I agree mostly with Kughii and Gravity. I tend to view organic aspects having more of a presence on the body than official canon describes, but I think the mechanical aspects are still part of the body and are not meant to be removed. However I do see armor as more of an exoskeleton than a combination of organic and inorganic substances. The flesh beneath is just too fragile to be exposed to the elements without additional protection. Also, I've noticed that human characteristics are preferable in a game setting such as this. Flesh, skin, and other human-esque details allow descriptive writing to become more fluid, because we can better relate to ourselves and our experiences, as well as achieve a connection with the reader. This is just my personal opinion, but it seems to be working for me.

The way I see things, I tend to view the character's armor as a sort of exoskeleton and a permanent part of their body. Judging from depictions of Toa and Matoran in the films plus the overall set design, my best guess as to how the armor is integrated into the body is that it is attached somehow to the interior skeleton and the muscle grows around/inside of it. Granted, this would be extremelypainful for a human but I'm pretty sure Bionicle-verse organisms have slightly different muscle and organ structures to accommodate for this. This is why I brought up the point about the slicing and dicing; if one isn't careful about aiming for the areas where the flesh is exposed, trying to use a bladed weapon against someone would have the same effect as hitting a steel wall.

As for exterior armor, I view it as real world armor; the boiled leather bodysuits with chainmail or metal plates attached. I usually don't use this kind of armor for my characters though, seeing as they already have armor attached to their bodies.

if one isn't careful about aiming for the areas where the flesh is exposed, trying to use a bladed weapon against someone would have the same effect as hitting a steel wall.

Actually, no. Even though these characters are not humans, the staff has ruled that in terms of damage, they should be treated as such. If I have a sharp blade, I can hit you anywhere and it will cut, exoskeleton or not.

That is why many characters have exterior removable armor that functions like real world armor.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------