BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

A Ta- or Su-Toa might be able to hitch a ride on a passing rock from underneath. Someone with a Miru or Kadin could fly across, and anyone suicidal enough to take on the Outsiders could feasibly take control of the outpost.

That would be the dumbest idea ever when you can just pay a few widgets.

It's not a ton of money, anyways. Just a bit of cash, that's all. no reason to throw yourself into DEATHLAND.

• Upvote 2

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Like I said, we have a contingency plan for that sort of eventuality. 

I won't spoil the surprise. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

A Ta- or Su-Toa might be able to hitch a ride on a passing rock from underneath. Someone with a Miru or Kadin could fly across, and anyone suicidal enough to take on the Outsiders could feasibly take control of the outpost.

One versus twenty? I think you'd have better luck just paying the toll.

Not to mention that we have contingency plans for exactly this type of eventuality. 

That last one isn't exactly possible with just one average Toa. 

So... Let's say some motivated player gets a bunch of other players to team up and take out the Outsiders. There. Insta-win.

Of course, the Toa will have to be environmentally approriate, like Ko-, Po-, Su-, Ta- and Le-Toa. Possible Ga-Toa, Ba-Toa and Fe-Toa.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

One versus twenty? I think you'd have better luck just paying the toll.

Not to mention that we have contingency plans for exactly this type of eventuality. 

That last one isn't exactly possible with just one average Toa. 

So... Let's say some motivated player gets a bunch of other players to team up and take out the Outsiders. There. Insta-win.

Of course, the Toa will have to be environmentally approriate, like Ko-, Po-, Su-, Ta- and Le-Toa. Possible Ga-Toa, Ba-Toa and Fe-Toa.

That's more sensible than throwing one person at them

but still dumb when you can just pay a few widgets. you guys would really have to not want to spend any of your dolla dolla to risk your lives like that.

• Upvote 1

1Ydp0mg.jpg

You honestly think there are twenty free characters who no money and even less sense who would attack a base full of well-armed, experienced mercs in order to gain access to a freakin' cable car that only has a very small toll? 

That's a joke, right? 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Yeah. There's a little problem with that plan of yours.

Said fortress is currently under the control of those well-armed, experienced mercs I mentioned earlier. 

You honestly think there are twenty free characters who no money and even less sense who would attack a base full of well-armed, experienced mercs in order to gain access to a freakin' cable car that only has a very small toll? 

That's a joke, right?

Yo, I'm not even sure if you heard of this, but people will do anything for money. Including saving. And please chill. No need for a small discussion to heat up so quickly. You can save the heating up when you pay the toll to go to Ta.

That's a joke, right?

Yo, I'm not even sure if you heard of this, but people will do anything for money. Including saving. And please chill. No need for a small discussion to heat up so quickly. You can save the heating up when you pay the toll to go to Ta.

People are silly. Then again...odder things have happened than someone trying to storm a fortress because fortresses are good things to own...

1Ydp0mg.jpg

... the pun...

Eh, once we decide on a rate, we'll see if it's worth storming the castle.

If Roman's referring to what I think he's referring to when he's talking about this so-called "contingency plan of sorts" against Echelon, you guys might just want to think twice about starting an assault on Obsidian Outpost.

Just saying.

Edited by timageness411
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I wouldn't call it a fortress, per se. The word fortress implies big impenetrable walls and trenches and cannons and all of that fun stuff. It's just an outpost. One tower, a few kind of meh walls, and a big open entryway without even a gate. Not something worth dying for, methinks. 

• Upvote 1

Back in my dad we walked from Ko to Ta! None of this fancy cable-car nonsense! You took the Fiery Path through Mt. Chimney then around to Fallarbor (which doesn't actually let you get to Lavaridge but whatever). Don't get me started on HM02. Or you could just row your way over!

Fun times eh, Onarax?

Well, we don't have all of whatever the heck that is now. We just have the cable car.  

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Glad to see you're finally recognising the futility of the situation.  :D

I think any issue boils down to you are telling people what to do. No matter what the game, that's never exactly a wise thing to do.

thanks for beating me to the punch 

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I wasn't trying to tell people what to do.

I was merely highlighting the fact that there is no possible way to use the cable car without going through The Outsiders sooner or later. We live there, you can't ignore us. I only brought it up in N&D so that everyone was aware of it, as it didn't seem to be common knowledge like I'd thought it was. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Roman, think of your little cablecar as a property on a Monopoly board. Yes, you own it, and sure, there's rent to pay if someone lands on the square, but unless you perk up and say "ok pay up now" the other player's just going to skedaddle on his next turn. They can choose to ignore or forget to pay up, so the responsibility to lord your land falls on you (go figure).

Go on and impose your little toll on the cablecar, but if there isn't an in-game reaction to someone trying to use the cablecar this is all a fairly pointless talk. Because that's all this is—talk, not action. Enforce your toll in-game, because it doesn't matter how much you publicize it here or parade it as fact, people will still weasel out, knowingly or not. 

Also, people should stop being so defensive about this minor in-game scene, because this is still just a game and it's silly to get riled up when nobody wanted to trod on anyone's feelings or creations. Please and thanks.

• Upvote 5

While on the topic of the cablecar.. I must ask something. Is it an actual gondola lift, or is it just the little 'hook' as seen in the mata-nui online game? 

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Keeping in mind that the toll is primarily intended to fund maintenance of the cable car, and the purchase of supplies for the twenty or so different characters who currently live in the outpost.  

People aren't going to see that the same way they'd see a Koro-imposed tax, you realise?

The cost of maintaining the cable-car (lubricating oil and the odd spare part) is insignificant next to the cost of keeping a garrison of twenty fed and supplied. That gives us the following situation:

Why is the toll in place? To maintain the mercs. Why are the mercs there? To impose the toll. :P

• Upvote 2

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Viima is back. :)

Really happy to bring this naive little guy back to the game.

(Also, can someone summarize the events of the Mangai Expedition? I was away for some time and the number of new posts looks daunting...)

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

Keeping in mind that the toll is primarily intended to fund maintenance of the cable car, and the purchase of supplies for the twenty or so different characters who currently live in the outpost.  

People aren't going to see that the same way they'd see a Koro-imposed tax, you realise?

The cost of maintaining the cable-car (lubricating oil and the odd spare part) is insignificant next to the cost of keeping a garrison of twenty fed and supplied. That gives us the following situation:

Why is the toll in place? To maintain the mercs. Why are the mercs there? To impose the toll. :P

Well, we gotta live somewhere, and after the retcon mess got cleared up, that's where we got permission to base ourselves. 

Go on and impose your little toll on the cablecar, but if there isn't an in-game reaction to someone trying to use the cablecar this is all a fairly pointless talk. Because that's all this is—talk, not action. Enforce your toll in-game, because it doesn't matter how much you publicize it here or parade it as fact, people will still weasel out, knowingly or not. 

Which would be great if people would give us a chance to react in-game. What caused this whole incident was a person ICing their character walking up to the cable car, getting in and beginning the crossing all in the course of one post, without once acknowledging the outpost. I PMed them, and it turns out they weren't aware of our presence there.

Which is why I brought it up in N&D to begin with - so that people would be aware

Aren't we also there to make sure that it doesn't get destroyed again like last time?

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Hm, my character in Onu-Koro is frozen now. Eh, I didn't really like him anyway. I just wonder what happened to the other guy who he was interacting with...

Still waiting for a reply. What is happening in Onu-Koro anyway?

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Aren't we also there to make sure that it doesn't get destroyed again like last time?

Well yeah, that too. We live there, after all. It won't be too good for us if someone tried to blow it up. Last I checked, we were also intent on keeping evil peoples in general from crossing over to Ta-Wahi, since if they start causing problems in Ta-Koro it would probably reflect poorly on us...