• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Marvel Rebirth: Discussion

marvel rpg discussion

• Please log in to reply
1381 replies to this topic

#1361 Offline Lara Croft

Lara Croft
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disk of the Archivists Acquired

• 07-April 03
  • 8,932 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2015 - 10:46 PM

strawberry approved x2

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Lana |  Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth

540_rotator.jpg

#1362 Offline FleX-Man

FleX-Man
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 15-July 12
  • 833 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2015 - 09:32 PM

@Yugo: Not accepted. Firstly, the sheer scope of his transformation abilities is immense. Any living creature extinct or extant is an incredible number, and gives access, most notably, to creatures such as dinosaurs and immense sea creatures. And this is before considering that he has a healing factor, merely by another name, and the ability to take on individual traits of animals. Nor does his equipment section give any idea whatsoever of what a "spirit arrow" is. The scope of his abilities is far too large. For the moment, not approved.

Yeah that was the general idea in regards to his transformations. I mean Marvel has the savage land that has actual dinos and there is that Sauron guy who is a pterosaur. So I didn't think that would be much of a problem. I mean you have other characters such as Morph and Mystic who can transform into any living thing as well. I didn't think it was that much of a stretch. Also there was a minor discussion regarding the size issue. That's why I had to reduce the blue whale, the largest ever known creature down to just large whale. I would think you'd be more worried about his ability to copy alien creatures than ones native to Terraferma.

Though agreed that is an emense amount though you are forgetting that animals in regards to abilities could be based on type. While it would be possible to be both a Lion and a tiger(liger) it really wouldn't be any different in power than just being a Lion or a tiger in terms of what abilities he would get. Increased strength and better eyesight maybe? Otherwise it would be simply cosmetic. Unless you are referring to say being able to take on both the aspects of say a bird and a wolf becoming a hybrid and yes I had that idea already. While most times it would be unrealistic the option is left open.

Yeah a bit lost on the arrow deal. Was basically looking for something that would not necessarily require carrying a quiver as while direct clothing can be morphed, external items like that would be harder. The tomahawks could be strapped tight so they'd maybe get a pass. If you want I can completely remove the bow and arrow completely. I'd rather not have to modify the actual mutant power any more than I already have since that is his main reason for being created.

at this point dude if you ever want to be accepted I'd just do as he says and try not to argue against it since being approved can take a very long time for this RP.

The X-Mens are back holy moly

MARVEL REBIRTH Profiles

BZP-RPG Profiles

#1363 Online Tiragath

Tiragath
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 09-September 03
  • 5,977 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2015 - 10:07 PM

I might be blind.

But, how many approvals do I need? One from all five of you?

#1364 Offline Razgriz

Razgriz
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 23-January 11
  • 3,848 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2015 - 10:35 PM

You only need 2. 

Uh... I have nothing to put here right now. 

#1365 Offline Landes'Rehn

Landes'Rehn
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 02-January 12
  • 4,508 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2015 - 06:22 AM

Oh gods if we had to get approvals from all five of them ;~;

Edited by Landes'Rehn, Apr 17 2015 - 06:22 AM.

#1366 Online Tyler St. Francis

Tyler St. Francis
  • Members
  • Destiny Fulfilled!

• 10-July 09
  • 22,251 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2015 - 06:45 AM

That'd be horrible. It'd be like getting all the old contest judges together to approve an RPG.

PERSONA: SEA OF DJINN [RPG/Discussion]

RPG PROFILES [BZPRPG/Marvel]

#1367 Online Prowl Nightwolf

Prowl Nightwolf
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 07-January 15
  • 1,611 posts

Posted Apr 17 2015 - 10:52 PM

at this point dude if you ever want to be accepted I'd just do as he says and try not to argue against it since being approved can take a very long time for this RP.

Yeah I may not be my helping myself there but he didn't exactly say anything to do, just that it was supposedly too powerful. I mean I knocked off the bow and arrow entirely. Reduced the perceived size of his transformation from the 100ft Blue whale to just average large whale. I also explained that while he would receive the abilities of the spirit animal or whatever he doesn't get a bunch of random stuff as most animals while looking different are similar enough to basically be identical in the skills department. If you'd like some insight into the idea I was trying to do a cross between the Animorph books characters that can morph into any animal/creature they touch including both Dinosaurs(When they got cast back in time) and alien species. Mixing that concept with the Bloody Roar series characters who can transform into a Humanoid version of an animal of some kind. So any more reduction and he wont really be the character I envisioned.

So If he can't be approved for bias toward his level of mutant power or some other reason so be it. I'll take my leave and chock this up to another Marvel RP he wont be apart of. At lease here he was addressed and looked at. The last one was just blatantly ignored. I just wanted to get into the whole mutant / superhero deal with a power I would like to have myself.
(Yeah I'm in a depressed mood today I guess. Just really needed some kind of win today. Ignore me as I return you to your regular discussion of how many approvals one needs :P.)

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf, Apr 17 2015 - 10:54 PM.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l: - :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

Onua.pngCO4nEKccbkmxgMZZnilv.pngkGv5ARndJDc9g0AxU6sJ.pngbBVnn25kyuDBt3bjCgJU.PNG
29o0jyq.jpgZoids:Infinite Era RPG. Come join the battle!!

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer Doseki | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

#1368 Offline Grochi of Potoos

Grochi of Potoos
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Tracer

• 18-April 07
  • 13,174 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2015 - 11:09 PM

That'd be horrible. It'd be like getting all the old contest judges together to approve an RPG.

It wasn't even until I checked the topic that I remembered I was staff for this RPG again.

That just shows how much my life has screwed me over in terms of what time I have to devote to what things. Dx

#1369 Online Tyler St. Francis

Tyler St. Francis
  • Members
  • Destiny Fulfilled!

• 10-July 09
  • 22,251 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 18 2015 - 01:31 AM

I'm still shocked you guys need this many staff members.

#1370 Online Prowl Nightwolf

Prowl Nightwolf
  • Members

• 07-January 15
  • 1,611 posts

Posted Apr 18 2015 - 09:31 PM

I'm still shocked you guys need this many staff members.

Why, how many staff members are there?

Onua.pngCO4nEKccbkmxgMZZnilv.pngkGv5ARndJDc9g0AxU6sJ.pngbBVnn25kyuDBt3bjCgJU.PNG

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer Doseki | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

#1371 Online Tyler St. Francis

Tyler St. Francis
  • Members
  • Destiny Fulfilled!

• 10-July 09
  • 22,251 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 18 2015 - 09:57 PM

Staff

-Tyler Durden

-Simon the Digger

- Kaithas

-Yoko Littner

-The Otter

#1372 Online Prowl Nightwolf

Prowl Nightwolf
  • Members

• 07-January 15
  • 1,611 posts

Posted Apr 18 2015 - 10:40 PM

So what's wrong with having 5 staff members?

#1373 Online Tyler St. Francis

Tyler St. Francis
  • Members
  • Destiny Fulfilled!

• 10-July 09
  • 22,251 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2015 - 12:10 AM

That's basically half the active playerbase.

#1374 Online Prowl Nightwolf

Prowl Nightwolf
  • Members

• 07-January 15
  • 1,611 posts

Posted Apr 19 2015 - 12:43 AM

So there are only like 10 players? I've seen that happen before. I'm trying to get in but not happened yet.

#1375 Online Aikuro Mikisugi

Aikuro Mikisugi
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 28-July 08
  • 12,547 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 21 2015 - 02:34 PM

Staff

-Tyler Durden

-Simon the Digger

- Kaithas

-Yoko Littner

-The Otter

what the ###### brockway i told you about using my account to let you edit ######

-Tyler

i think i should teach you a few things about your body

#1376 Offline Grochi of Potoos

Grochi of Potoos
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Tracer

• 18-April 07
  • 13,174 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 25 2015 - 09:13 PM

tyler i sold lost that password to a nigerian prince months ago

#1377 Offline One-Eyed Construct

One-Eyed Construct
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 19-July 12
  • 5,177 posts
  •  

Posted May 17 2015 - 12:09 PM

Decided to clean up and make a few changes to my profiles to better reflect how I want to play them in the future. They will be coming one at a time. Starting with Peter:

Name: Peter Tyrell
Codename: g
Faction: Xavier Institute (nominally)
Moral Alignment: Lawful Good
Powers: Peter possesses the ability to manipulate gravity. He is capable of manipulating gravitons and anti-gravitons to fly and to use gravitons to affect the gravity around objects.
Appearance: Looks extremely similar to the movie version of Iceman. Peter has modified his costume quite a bit, in that he has added a metal vest and a cape to his "Spiderman 2099" suit, causing him to look somewhat like the supervillain Graviton.
Weapons: Arnis sticks
Other items: Future cell phone, holograph projector ring. He is currently trying to build a time machine to get back home.
Skills: Undergraduate level knowledge of physics, some skill in engineering. Is currently trying to teach himself how to fight using books and online instructions.
Personality: Peter is a person that loves order, loves knowledge, and hates conflict. On the surface, he appears to be a pleasant and amicable, if easily agitated individual. He is almost always very timid, even if he is holding a position of supposed authority, and can be easily swayed to follow the strongest person in the room. As well, any of his attempts to command presence and order people around tend to fall through the floor. Nevertheless, he will often they to do the right thing, if he can find the necessary courage to do so.

Deep beneath this friendly and quiet persona, however, lies a hotbed of insecurity and an easily wounded ego. However, Peter is generally too timid to express these feelings outwardly, so he will bottle it up inside. But he can only bottle up so much before he explodes...

Weaknesses: He may often not take action because he's afraid that his actions may cause more destruction. Unless he has a clear idea of what's going on (like some guy holding people hostage on top of a tower), he may spend too much time thinking it over. He is also quite ignorant of current events as he did not study hard in history class (though he is currently educating himself on this matter). Also, he may have a bit of trouble using technology from 2012; he considers devices these days to be slow, clunky, and inconvenient. Finally, he is very much a follower and not a leader; he finds it difficult to take charge of and coordinate a group of people unless he has their absolute approval and loyalty.
Bio: In the year 2099, Peter Tyrell, a university undergraduate, took an internship at Alchemax, a mega-corporation that practically controlled all of North America. Working as an intern, he was eventually assigned to an unusual project for Alchemax: a portal creation device. One day, while he and his mentors were testing the device, the device malfunctioned. It created a temporal explosion, which sucked Peter in and hurled him into the year 2012, where he found himself lying in the middle of a cornfield. Not exactly sure what had happened, Peter tried to adapt to life in this primitive age while collecting parts for a makeshift replica of the machine used to hurl him back in time.

After the Battle of New York, Peter, running out of options, took a job at the Xavier Institute working as a science teacher.

After the second Battle of New York, Peter began a secret venture at vigilantism, not telling anybody else at the Institute of his activities.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct, May 17 2015 - 12:10 PM.

Vra2GcO.jpg

#1378 Offline Landes'Rehn

Landes'Rehn
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 02-January 12
  • 4,508 posts
  •  

Posted May 17 2015 - 10:24 PM

Whose turn is it to post so things can happen?

#1379 Offline Eyru

Eyru
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

• 13-July 04
  • 4,466 posts
  •  

Posted May 21 2015 - 06:35 PM

kd2tu2ch_3309.jpg

yougif_zpsv5xge4kt.gif

gamesetmatch_zpsgr3kzpnr.jpg                                   

#1380 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 26-October 11
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted May 23 2015 - 01:07 AM

I think a bit of a slowdown in May is expected, really. I graduated from my university two weeks ago to the day, and several colleges finish things up a week to two weeks later than that, with a number of them in the US waiting for Memorial Day weekend. I'll work on getting a post up in a few minutes, and while I know that doesn't actually mean anything, it is, at the least, a sign of life.

Jim ought to find that very reassuring.

EDIT: Accidentally put my IC in here. Turns out I get kind of dim late at night.

Edited by Ymper Trymon, May 23 2015 - 01:08 AM.

Gentlemen, fooling you once with this trick was an honor. Twice was a privilege. It's been a pleasure.

I am most definitely a mad man with a blog.

#1381 Online Aikuro Mikisugi

Aikuro Mikisugi
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 28-July 08
  • 12,547 posts
  •  

Posted May 23 2015 - 09:18 AM

^

This train never stops rolling

-Tyler

i think i should teach you a few things about your body

#1382 Offline Havelock Vetinari

Havelock Vetinari
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted May 23 2015 - 09:49 AM

^

This train never stops rolling

-Tyler

We just slow down a bit. To grab snacks.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users