yes. Im now confused. Haven't had the time to read through the main topic

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Ok. That helps me enough to at least figure out how to get a few characters into the fray.

EDIT: one last thing, whats going on at the mansion? and the brotherhood PCs?

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

The mansion is rather inactive, aside from the arrival of a few Ultimates. The Brotherhood PCs have been settling in, and Abraham has been conversing with a new arrival in his study. That's about it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Like Venegance I'm returning my college classes are done and I don't seem to be taking summer ones so I should have more time on my hands.Since I got a new laptop I can't get Skype to work right with Windows 8 so PMs will have to do if I need to be reached.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

Where, may I ask, are the Brotherhood settling in exactly?

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

Alright guys, it been a fun ride, but I must withdraw. I simply have lost my interest here. Do what you want to my characters. I'll see ya'll around the site. Good bye, and good luck saving New York.

War...war never changes.

Simple Flex, just give them a new story plot with more action. (Either that or do the current one in NY)

There is a plotline.

Most of you have opted not to do anything with it. There's an army on NYC's doorstep, the Hellicarrier just went down, and there's mass hysteria. Even if you're in Westchester, that's kinda hard to miss.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Simple Flex, just give them a new story plot with more action. (Either that or do the current one in NY)

There is a plotline.

Most of you have opted not to do anything with it. There's an army on NYC's doorstep, the Hellicarrier just went down, and there's mass hysteria. Even if you're in Westchester, that's kinda hard to miss.

Yeah, but I'll be honest Snark, just going round battling random mooks is getting a bit...stale. If you're too busy to give us NPCs to duff up then give players license to come up with some elite thugs like we did in Las Vegas

7AOYGDJ.jpg

There is a plotline.

Yeah, but I'll be honest Snark, just going round battling random mooks is getting a bit...stale. If you're too busy to give us NPCs to duff up then give players license to come up with some elite thugs like we did in Las Vegas

Exactly I think we need something to spice up the battle. Some troop movements... stronger adversaries of some kind, something to bring the players back into the fight. Or the possibility of a stronghold/Hydra base maybe a building they have overtaken that we can take back for ourselves.

I've rather been operating under the same circumstances I have ine very major engagement since I became staff. Players have full reign to do with enemy NPCs as they wish, so long as they are not suddenly slaughtering them with no real way to do so. As for more powerful enemies... Snell basically unleashed a few squadrons of mini-Iron Mans on the battle field for Hydra's side a few posts back. Since then, they have been referenced only in one players' post. Plus, there are fighter-esque things flying about the sky since the attack began, as well as larger flying enemies capable of annihilating an Iron Man armor in one shot.

There are mooks on the ground, that have been stated to be pushing forward past the Statue of Liberty. The Helicarrier was downed, and reference has been made in my posts of personnel trying to regroup, and either retreat or hold the line. There have been references to mooks showing up at the airport, to ensure that no planes can leave.

I've set these things up, so players can do something. But I've not seen anyone make mention of them, or do anything about them. I haven't done anything else yet, because to do so would take things to the next logical step of the lack of player action against them; the complete subjugation of New York City.

You have enemy troop movements. You have issues to deal with, you have enemies that are significantly stronger then the average soldier, and you have specifc locations that they've taken hold of.

Do something with them. Else, New York will fall very soon, because there is literally nothing else I can do. If you don't do anything with what I give you, then all I can do is bring the enemies' plan to the conclusion of its first stage. By all means, empower NPCs yourself. You should, unless specified otherwise, consider that privilege always in your hands.Because at this point, I'm out of extra things I can give you without making this completely and utterly a lost battle.

fK5oqYf.jpg

The problem isn't that we're worried about slaughtering NPCs mindless, its that we're worried about being told we're God-modding if we start pulling out NPCs of a player-character level of strength. Well its what I'm worried about anyway :P

Snelly unleashed the shock troopers on the Iron Legion in the sky and I never saw any kind of reference that they were going after anything but Stark personally. I'd guess that other players got the same impression if they're not mentioning them.

The problem with mooks on the ground is that that's what we've been dealing with since the start of the fight and its hard to come up with new and interesting ways of dealing with them post after post. And the problem with fighters in the sky is that there are't that many characters with the ability (be it power or pilots license) to get into an aerial dogfight. We want a combination of the two, larger fighters but on the ground.

The big flying base thing has the similar "in the air so we can't really get to it" problem, but also the fact that there's nothing we can really do against it without a.) god-modding by harming something that big and tough, or b.) getting vaporised by its weaponry which can bring down entire buildings in a single shot.

You've thrown a lot of things into the fight Snark but you're basically holding them just out reach of the average player. Give us something we can actually attain and feel like we're actually making an impact

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Oh I didn't know about the Iron-man like troops. I'll use that for sure now.

About the aerial fighting. You could just get your character some jet-packs like I've done with mine. These jet-packs can easily be destroyed after the battle but gives them the temporary ability to fight in the sky and also an aerial battle which is something most characters haven't had.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks man.

Since it seems that the RP is on a decline in a last ditch effort to try to save it I have taken my old spot as the head GM. Snark and Tyler will still be on as staff members. I am going to do my best to get the activity of this RP back up, but I'm going to need everyone's help. Hopefully we can make some changes to this RP and it will endure.

Well guys, I'm probably not gonna be posting here for...well forevers. I had a lot of fun here but I spent so much time with other rpgs and such I just don't have the energy and desire to post here.

My characters have all vanished into the sunset or lived happy ever after or something like that. =P

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

In an attempt to increase activity in the RP, I shall introduce a new profile.

Name: Vincent Zai (Alias of Reyson Tsui)Codename: MelodiaAge: 27Gender: MaleFaction: HYDRA

Power(S): Vincent’s primary ability is psychic emotion broadcasting via music Through the power of song, he can broadcast raw emotion over large areas, affecting anybody within hearing range (A close parallel would be Heron Galdrar). As well, he retains enough telepathy to be able to understand any language. This works the other way around too as most people can understand anything he says (Limited Alltongue).

Appearance: Vincent has an angelic appearance to him, with a surprisingly feminine but foreboding face, long silver hair, fair skin, and a slender build. He usually wears long, flowing robes with a high-collar opera cape. Underneath, he wears the Spacetime Traversal Unit.

Weapons: STU (Spacetime traversal unit): THis device allows its user to travel between universes and across time using portals. It is powered by a mixture of electricity (supplied by batteries) and lifeforce. Short-range portals (within line of sight) cost virtually nothing, but anything farther than that requires large amounts of lifeforce. This lifeforce must be gathered form killing other living beings; if insufficient lifeforce is present, the device drains the lacking amount from the user. The model Vincent wears is a bullet proof metal with glowing circle resembling an arc reactor in the centre with a set of dials on the vest’s right. Vincent also carries a sword concealed in a walking stick.

Skills: This version of Vincent is very skilled in singing, as well as other forms of music. He is also very persuasive and diplomatic.Personality: Vincent is a fanatical eco-terrorist. He believes humanity to be a plague on the Earth and figures that population control (code for mass murder) is needed to control the negative impact that they have on the environment. He believes himself to be a prophet of the Mother Earth and will go to any length to exercising “her will”. This obsession is mainly caused by the time he spent in a universe where humanity never evolved.

Weakness: Vincent possesses no powers capable of causing physical damage. As well, those with stronger wills than Vincent can overcome the telepathic effects of his melodies. In addition, his obsession with environmentalism can sometimes put him in strategically disadvantageous situations (He’ll refuse to use fossil fuel vehicles to outrun/chase down enemies). The STU requires LARGE amounts of lifeforce to be used to its fullest potential and has a very long recharge time (5 minutes for teleports within line of sight, 12 hours for a location in the same universe, 7 days for travel between universes. Time travel only increases the amount of time needed). The device is also glaringly inaccurate when travelling long distances, but it won't teleport Vincent into an area where he will be in immediate danger. It also can't take him off of Earth.Bio: Unlike his prime universe counterpart, Ultimate Vincent enrolled at the Xavier Institute at an early age. Due to a head injury he sustained while playing sports, Vincent lost a large amount of his psychic abilities. To compensate, Vincent experimented with ways to indirectly use his telepathy, finally settling on music. When the Phalanx attacked, Vincent briefly helped with the defenses but eventually deserted, wanting to go home. However, he arrived home to find his family dead. Eventually, after hearing that some of the X-Men had travelled to another universe, Vincent decided to leave his home dimension as well, using a device of his father’s design. However, due to not knowing where the others were headed as well as not being aware that the machine could travel through time as well as space, Vincent ended up traversing multiple universes over multiple time periods. It took him 5 years to find his way to the prime universe, only to find that he was 5 years into the past. During these 5 years, he somehow got caught up with HYDRA…

Trivia: Vincent is a vegetarian.

Edited by Constructman: Black Knight

@ Snelly- Sorry to see you go man.

@- Constructman- Hmmm so what exactly can he do to people's emotions? Make them feel angry or sad etc? Is there any way to resist this?

As for the portal device... so it drains the life of random humans in the vicinity? But if there isn't enough around it drains from him? Which means he could die from it? Idk the whole portal weapon sounds like it could be OP if misused.

I think what he meant towards the lifeforce was that he has to kill a being to steal their lifeforce, otherwise it drains from him.

I.E. - He kills a person, and the power meter on the device goes up. If he kills enough people, it's fully charged. However, if he hasn't killed enough people, it steals from him until it is fully charged.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

My main problem is that he must have literally combined every Duracell in every universe he visited into one giant giga-battery so that it could power him enough to jump through dimensions consistently over a long period of time. It just doesn't seem like a device that stands up to much scrutiny.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

My main problem is that he must have literally combined every Duracell in every universe he visited into one giant giga-battery so that it could power him enough to jump through dimensions consistently over a long period of time. It just doesn't seem like a device that stands up to much scrutiny.

-Tyler

Yeah. Maybe I should have phrased it better...

I think what I meant is that the batteries only ensure that the device is active; they give no power to the actual jump - it's all life energy powering it. As for recharging, solar panels? Maybe?

Ah, I see. Wouldn't that mean if fully charged he could point it at a PC and send them on a ride to another universe though?

Hm, perhaps it could be that the device can't teleport any living things other than the activator?

I think what he meant towards the lifeforce was that he has to kill a being to steal their lifeforce, otherwise it drains from him.

I.E. - He kills a person, and the power meter on the device goes up. If he kills enough people, it's fully charged. However, if he hasn't killed enough people, it steals from him until it is fully charged.

Yes.

@- Constructman- Hmmm so what exactly can he do to people's emotions? Make them feel angry or sad etc? Is there any way to resist this?

He can instigate any emotion in someone, but his strength of will has to be a certain degree greater than the target to get the full force of the emotion, not to mention a reaction to it. The target only needs to have either a strong will or very good emotional control to null the power.