BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I assume so. What's the policy on boats? Like can A character of mine just buy/make/have a boat?

Yes, boats and ships are allowed for player use and ownership. Note that cannons aren't allowed; we use heavy disk launchers instead.

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

As far as I know, yes. You can put pretty much anything in the profile. I've seen people describe anything from the character's accent to predominant hand or favourite meals...

EDIT: Also ninja'd (by both of you)  :P

Edited by Silo

Kathok

What is the policy on mechanical hands?

That would be foreign tech, if your character is looking to replace a recently lost hand you are out of luck.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

What is the policy on mechanical hands

To add upon what has already been said, there is, however, nothing stopping you from making a character with a hook for a hand. :pirate: 

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

They could manipulate the metal in a solid hand, but the person being a Toa makes no difference as far as it being mechanical.

@Hiram: A sword in the arm? Well, I suppose it is possible. I don't know how well said person could deal with coring out the space needed for the sword and the infections that would result.

You could have a blade attached to a cap over where the hand used to be though.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Say they had to mentally control the hand, with elemental power each time they wanted to use it, and it would otherwise be inert. Is that a viable option? Or would that be outside the bounds of what's allowed?

Cause that would be super cool.

I think that would probably drain the being of elemental energy so very quickly it would be quite unusable, at least if used continually like a normal hand. 

Edited by Queen Anora Mac Tir

What is the policy on mechanical hands?

That would be foreign tech, if your character is looking to replace a recently lost hand you are out of luck.

My first character was a skakdi with an entirely robotic lower arm, and I don't think I ever actually got that approved as foreign tech... However, since my first interaction was with one of Nuju Metru's characters and he didn't seem to have a problem with it, I'll assume I didn't break any rules with it. 

Say they had to mentally control the hand, with elemental power each time they wanted to use it, and it would otherwise be inert. Is that a viable option? Or would that be outside the bounds of what's allowed?

Cause that would be super cool.

I think that would probably drain the being of elemental energy so very quickly it would be quite unusable, at least if used continually like a normal hand. 

Doesn't Dorian have metal replacements for some of his fingers or something that he controls in this way? Obviously pieces of fingers aren't the same as an entire hand, but it proves that its theoretically possible for a Fe-Toa. 

And, as Shadowhawk mentioned, there is Ferron, and he's a Turaga

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I said a recently lost hand. If your guy started with it there would have been nothing wrong, but it sounded like one of Hiram's characters lost and hand and he wanted to know if the person could get a new one.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Oh, okay. Ma bad. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I guess I might as well weigh in on the mechanical hand issue, considering Ferron's metal appendage(s).

Ferron's metal hand was originally an extremely crude construction: little more than a clamp that couldn't do much more than open and close. Later, as his abilities grew, it was eventually reshaped into something more resembling an actual hand. In both cases the hand was/is manipulated by his elemental powers, and he manages this by only doing it as much as and when he needs to, so his power reserves don't run dry. Being an experienced metalsmith, this is something that's well within his expertise.

Moving on to what I actually woke up at three in morning for: I was wondering if anyone had a doctor/medical professional character available somewhere, I'd like to have one of my characters sustain a more serious injury and see what comes of it.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

But you fast-forwarded us to The Abettor.

Unless the Piraka show up (in which case we may still die), we will die.