Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Why do people want to attack the ILS? We will always outnumber you tremendously, and even if you do have the slightest effect on our ranks, bad stuff shall happen. To you :evilgrin:
Heauni killed several ILS members. It doesn't seem like he's been hit by all that much bad stuff lately...He seems pretty darn cheery for someone with the figurative sword of over his head.I wouldn't be so sure about that outnumbering, either. The ILS does have a massive advantage in numbers over even the crew of the 'Vika. However, there are quite a few anti-ILS/pro-Makuta/anti-Mahdrik groups out there. A mere coalition of those groups could rival it in numbers and outright threaten the ILS. I'm not saying that will happen, but that is one example of how the squad might not always retain numerical superiority over its foes.And guys, let's not get too emotionally invested in this. It's nice that we have our own thoughts and opinions on the game. But to let your characters' thoughts influence your own runs the risk of turning them into your avatar. Just because you like one org doesn't mean that you should be against the formation of another that's opposed to it. Edited by Francis Wisehead

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Heuani is a staff-controlled character vital to the staff plot. He literally can not lose his battles until the plot demands it; and note that he is allowed to auto-hit. Therefore, he can instantly kill someone in combat, while player-controlled characters can not. I agree about the part about superior numbers; though, it wouldn't be too hard to overpower the ILS. I just ask that a single being does not prevail simply because people are not given time to respond.The issues we had the last time there was a fight (Miraul and co.) was that while the groups were similar at the time; they were all mostly controlled by one person, I think, and used attacks like instantly freezing every ILS member's armor joints with Iron or Magnetism; or starting a forest fire in seconds, etc.Now: Damaging a small part of Pala-Koro (like a single hut) does not really take any permission because that is the sort of action that can be fixed relatively easily. Describing fire spreading and consuming the entire area, however, does, because what has been made over the course of months by many players should not be torn down by one player in seconds (unless agreed upon in advance because it would be wicked cool as a plot point or something).

Edited by Katuko

I agree too. Just as long as both groups go about it nicely.

Has the blaze continued to burn through Le-Wahi? Or did it just all go out somehow thanks to Ril and Optimus (doubtful by mef's view as it would already have expanded far enough into the jungle that a bit remained).[/font]
Just to answer this as well: One person started it (in the middle of combat with a lot of other people) while we have at least two Toa of Fire available plus some Ice and Water and Air to help quell it. Add to that the fact that Pala-Koro is surrounded by a crude wall of stone/iron, that there is a lake nearby and that most of the grass ought to have been trodden into mud by now... and the only thing left to burn are the wooden huts. The fire should be over already. Edited by Katuko

I'm not saying people shouldn't, it's just that the ILS aren't the only good-aligned group out there... I think.
Well, Those Two Guys (Incommodo, Arkrak & Co) are good guys. Weird good guys, yes, but good guys nonetheless.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

@Katuko: Belthnor said, and I paraphrase: 'The jungle behind them was consumed by flames.' Both he and Mef treated it as though Ayra was hiding in jungle by the ILS when the animals around it were scared away by the inferno. Hence the confusion.

Heuani is a staff-controlled character vital to the staff plot. He literally can not lose his battles until the plot demands it; and note that he is allowed to auto-hit. Therefore, he can instantly kill someone in combat, while player-controlled characters can not. I agree about the part about superior numbers; though, it wouldn't be too hard to overpower the ILS. I just ask that a single being does not prevail simply because people are not given time to respond.The issues we had the last time there was a fight (Miraul and co.) was that while the groups were similar at the time; they were all mostly controlled by one person, I think, and used attacks like instantly freezing every ILS member's armor joints with Iron or Magnetism; or starting a forest fire in seconds, etc.Now: Damaging a small part of Pala-Koro (like a single hut) does not really take any permission because that is the sort of action that can be fixed relatively easily. Describing fire spreading and consuming the entire area, however, does, because what has been made over the course of months by many players should not be torn down by one player in seconds (unless agreed upon in advance because it would be wicked cool as a plot point or something).
I know. Was just trying to disprove it with one example, no matter how absurd :P As what I thought to be a joke, I assumed I could provide equally silly refutations...And if not, then perhaps a better example would be Miraul and his team or whatever. I don't believe they've suffered much.@Benluke: Exacta. Edited by Francis Wisehead

[Profiles]

Has the blaze continued to burn through Le-Wahi? Or did it just all go out somehow thanks to Ril and Optimus (doubtful by mef's view as it would already have expanded far enough into the jungle that a bit remained).[/font]
Just to answer this as well: One person started it (in the middle of combat with a lot of other people) while we have at least two Toa of Fire available plus some Ice and Water and Air to help quell it. Add to that the fact that Pala-Koro is surrounded by a crude wall of stone/iron, that there is a lake nearby and that most of the grass ought to have been trodden into mud by now... and the only thing left to burn are the wooden huts. The fire should be over already.
Agreed, The only fires that were mainly going would be on any dry patches of grass and maybe a few huts.EDIT:I didn't ever say the jungle was on fire. Just around the base of the tree Ayra was in.-Mef Edited by Mef Man

Just to answer this as well: One person started it (in the middle of combat with a lot of other people) while we have at least two Toa of Fire available plus some Ice and Water and Air to help quell it. Add to that the fact that Pala-Koro is surrounded by a crude wall of stone/iron, that there is a lake nearby and that most of the grass ought to have been trodden into mud by now... and the only thing left to burn are the wooden huts. The fire should be over already.
Agreed, The only fires that were mainly going would be on any dry patches of grass and maybe a few huts.EDIT:I didn't ever say the jungle was on fire. Just around the base of the tree Ayra was in.-Mef
Edited just now. I did mix you two up...However, I can't say you didn't help to give me that impression. You didn't exactly say much to stop ash bears circling a tree within the boundaries of a walled village with tons of sapient PCs around. Or explain the fact that Ayra thought herself far from civilization when she was within/right next to some.XP Edited by Francis Wisehead

[Profiles]

I'm not saying people shouldn't, it's just that the ILS aren't the only good-aligned group out there... I think.
Well, the ILS may not be the only good-aligned group, but they are one of the most powerful and prominent, thus making them a more attractive target.-Void
And fun to manipulate... sarcastic.gif

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I assumed that the fire had spread out of Pala-Koro, but not in the sense of a very large spanning wildfire. Just the immediate area.@FW: Ayra isn't really a surviving type of character. I also added that she was in the trunk of a tree for who knows how long.

Edited by Belthnor

Let me guess-he wants to draw these guys into a war or something?This guy might be more insane that Kal's supposed to be.
I'm only supposed to be this insane: .In actuality, I am so insane that the magnitude cannot be measured by anything other than infinite white space. But this is off topic.No, he's not planning on a war. Much different.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

The Nui Bank is hiring, look for Mezra in Ta.And war? Quite possibly, if enough people join.The bank's not just a bank.

Edited by toa newnia

So....who really knows what's going on....

Anyone?

Can you read this? If so, you get a prize. Talk to me for details.

My BZRPG profiles:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=123&st=160&do=findComment&comment=326024MY

@Arc: None of them count. The other guards are no longer just as influential, and Skakdi and Makuta-servants won't work.I love seeing how suspicious you're all getting over a little list. :biggrin:
They aren't as influential?...In what way, may I ask? I myself know of one Ussalry plot going on that is actually island-wide.

[Profiles]

Just wondering, are there any organizations who would house a wanted criminal? I'm not sure what to do with Quoribay next, other than to find some friends to break him out of jail when the time comes.

Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Sideways is looking for anyone in Ga-Koro to do "work" with him. That work will imply more destruction and looting, does that sound like it would fit his needs?
Is sideways going to ko-koro anytime soon?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)