OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Don't lie to yourselves, Bionicle underwear would be genius. You know you would buy it.

In terms of a video game, Hero Factory never got one, but it has had many smaller games made for it. If I remember correctly Chima got a l MOG or something along those lines. I really can't remember. I hope Bionicle gets one. I would imagine it to be real cool. If new Bionicle is successful, I'm sure we'll see a video game, just not right away.

I would be wearing the Bionicle underwear on the OUTSIDE of my pants! 

I'm curious to see what Lego can do with a Bionicle video game. They could make it similar to most of their other minifigure-based games, or they could try something new and innovative. 

Who doesn't love everything you can think of branded with Bionicle?

As far as a game, I'd like to see a Bionicle MMORPG, one made by a PROFESSIONAL game developer.

• Upvote 2

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

So far it's gotten an early reveal/announcement (2-3 months early, that's pretty early!)

I suspect Lego's hand was forced by the leaks from all the way back in July. With their cover blown so early, they had no choice but to move the reveal schedule forward a bit.

I'm curious to see what Lego can do with a Bionicle video game. They could make it similar to most of their other minifigure-based games, or they could try something new and innovative. 

I thought it was a shame Bionicle got hardly any good video games in its last run. I hope they manage one this time.

Don't lie to yourselves, Bionicle underwear would be genius. You know you would buy it.

In terms of a video game, Hero Factory never got one, but it has had many smaller games made for it. If I remember correctly Chima got a l MOG or something along those lines. I really can't remember. I hope Bionicle gets one. I would imagine it to be real cool. If new Bionicle is successful, I'm sure we'll see a video game, just not right away.

I would be wearing the Bionicle underwear on the OUTSIDE of my pants! 

Who doesn't love everything you can think of branded with Bionicle?

As far as a game, I'd like to see a Bionicle MMORPG, one made by a PROFESSIONAL game developer.

I totally agree(LOC online sucked), if they did make one I imagine it would involve the player as a matoran fighting those spider things and maybe some other enemies(assuming there will be others).

It's time to move on.

On the topic of video games, I'd like a handheld and a console game (preferably two different ones but if they're both alternate versions of the other that's fine)

For a handheld I'd love a 3DS (or New 3DS, but I'd say it's smarter to release it for the current 3DS) RPG like Maze of Shadows. With the 3DS they can make varied environments, less repetitive levels and support an amazing soundtrack. It can follow the plot of a couple TV episodes from an arc or a novel, maybe even a completely original side story.

For a PC game I'd like a more conventional platformer-adventure game like BIONICLE The Game. Just, y'know, done better. I can already imagine those graphics, that soundtrack and those levels. *daydream* Once again, it can follow the plot of a few TV episodes or a novel, but I'd say this one is more apt or an original side story.

I'd also love an MMO but I think at least for now LEGO will want to put their MMO attention on Minifigures Online.

Edited by Toa of Gallifrey

What if a Bionicle MMORPG was on handheld and home consoles, and in the game you could either play in the main, online story or just do single-player missions which don't require the internet? Basically, I'm thinking of a videogame version of the BZPRPG, except with some limits on what you can do, such as removing the possibility to try and pull someone's heart out, which just happens to be something Dorian Shaddix did the other day in Ta-Koro. There would have to be moderators from Lego on at pretty much all times, but it could still be an epic game.

VBWj75sh.png

Oh god scrolling through this topic is painful... So much spam... So much... Pointlesss... Stuff... Ugh.

Is anyone else worried / not looking forward to it as much since the story will be aimed at a much younger demographic than Gen1 has been in the later years? Also, I'm kind of worried 2001-03 will just kind of repeat it self...

Side notes, the new mask attatchment system seems neat, and I'm liking the MoC, do you guys hope it's released in a set, or left to be found in a mask pack, or as a promo thing with a game/ movie?

• Upvote 3

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Oh god scrolling through this topic is painful... So much spam... So much... Pointlesss... Stuff... Ugh.

Is anyone else worried / not looking forward to it as much since the story will be aimed at a much younger demographic than Gen1 has been in the later years? Also, I'm kind of worried 2001-03 will just kind of repeat it self...

No, because I don't expect it to be aimed at a younger audience. From my perspective, the BIONICLE storyline was always aimed at kids — in the later years it just had a really poor aim. Aiming at a certain target doesn't guarantee that you won't miss it entirely.

And I don't think there's any risk 2001–2003 repeating themselves. Some story elements will be maintained, I'm sure, but the new writers won't want the story to follow a formulaic, pre-established pattern any more than the old fans do. Part of the point of any kind of reboot is to allow the writers greater creative freedom, and adhering religiously to events that other people wrote many years in the past is exactly the opposite of that.

• Upvote 3

Ignoring the elephant in the room was hard before, but now another one has entered and they're both jumping, rearing and roaring, demanding attention.

I suppose the new "leaks" still can't be discussed? Even if they're are pretty much official?

• Upvote 5

This. And I want to play as Vortixx for some reason, cause I think that would be amazing. :P

Also, It is already nearly October.  If they revealed the first Bionicle back in September 2100, they're behind schedule now.  Wasn't the MNOG unveiled first?

About 85 years behind schedule. Such a shame. 

I would rather buy a life-sized Mask of Creation than creation-colored nail polish.

I'm with this guy. *thumbs-up sign*

• Upvote 2

Ignoring the elephant in the room was hard before, but now another one has entered and they're both jumping, rearing and roaring, demanding attention.

I suppose the new "leaks" still can't be discussed? Even if they're are pretty much official?

those elephants may be official, but they aren't officially released yet!

so hold your horse- er. elephants, a while longer i guess. :u

• Upvote 3

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

It's just upsetting. BZP is a great website and really good for Bionicle fans to come together and discuss their interest, but the leaked policy just feels like a real annoyance considering everyone knows it's there, and it's not doing Lego huge favors by ignoring it (or maybe it is, but if so they're probably not very big).

Aw well, at least it's a nice gesture towards Lego. Earns the site some cred on Lego's part (maybe?). Just that a site dedicated mostly to Bionicle not being able to discuss something so big/relevant towards it seems a little counter-productive to it's overall success. It makes fans want to move to other sites to discuss these things.

I wonder if the Mask of Creation will have a fancy name like the kanohi in old Bionicle had. Hopefully they won't drop the cool names, but I can sadly see them doing that. I just hope there'll be a canon name that they don't have to use, but that older fans can reference to. The fancy names just gave Bionicle so much more depth before (even if they could be somewhat confusing).

It's just upsetting. BZP is a great website and really good for Bionicle fans to come together and discuss their interest, but the leaked policy just feels like a real annoyance considering everyone knows it's there, and it's not doing Lego huge favors by ignoring it (or maybe it is, but if so they're probably not very big).

Aw well, at least it's a nice gesture towards Lego. Earns the site some cred on Lego's part (maybe?). Just that a site dedicated mostly to Bionicle not being able to discuss something so big/relevant towards it seems a little counter-productive to it's overall success. It makes fans want to move to other sites to discuss these things.

I wonder if the Mask of Creation will have a fancy name like the kanohi in old Bionicle had. Hopefully they won't drop the cool names, but I can sadly see them doing that. I just hope there'll be a canon name that they don't have to use, but that older fans can reference to. The fancy names just gave Bionicle so much more depth before (even if they could be somewhat confusing).

It's not an issue at all if people are patient. NYCC is in 10 days.

Abiding by the policy definitely earns respect from LEGO. If BZP suddenly decided to ditch the policy, it wouldn't look very good to LEGO at all, and it could potentially mean a loss of their support and recognition. I don't see why that would be worth risking.

Bliss.png

If you want to discuss leaked stuff, there's probably other forums where the same BZP members go so it's the same community.

Yes, but I think BZP has the best community.  Honestly, though, the only thing that bugs me about the leaked content policy is that I like to see what other people think of things.  But I can wait for that.

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Honestly I'd probably buy a Bionicle game even if it was just Bionicle themed Pong.

I also kind of want to see Bionicle Cereal. You've already got 6 different shapes in the form of masks!

A Bionicle MMO would be amazing, especially if it was good. While Lego's previous MMO efforts haven't really panned out long term, I can see them trying their hand at a F2P MMO, since those are pretty popular lately.

• Upvote 2
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Honestly I'd probably buy a Bionicle game even if it was just Bionicle themed Pong.

I also kind of want to see Bionicle Cereal. You've already got 6 different shapes in the form of masks!

A Bionicle MMO would be amazing, especially if it was good. While Lego's previous MMO efforts haven't really panned out long term, I can see them trying their hand at a F2P MMO, since those are pretty popular lately.

Actually I'd be sorely dissappointed if it were just pong XD

I'd love to see a Bionicle universe MMO, if it had action and open world gameplay and isn't "themepark".

I stuck with Star Trek Online for a long time because I am a big fan of Star Trek (besides Bionicle :P ) and because I was hopeful, but it got really boring and repetetive.

I'm not going to stick with an MMO anymore just because its from a universe I'm a fan of, that doesn't excuse dry-bones gameplay.

Also, I'd rather see a good action rpg platformer from Bionicle before Lego immediatly jumps the MMO bandwagon with Bionicle.

Yes, but I think BZP has the best community.  Honestly, though, the only thing that bugs me about the leaked content policy is that I like to see what other people think of things.  But I can wait for that.

Well... you can PM somebody no?

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

I would absolutely love a really good Bionicle video game. I would want a game that feels like an adventure rpg with fun combat and exploration . I would want it to be like a typical minifig LEGO game but specially designed to accomodate for the larger figures and such. I don't see why that should be too difficult. 

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

If this is going to be about the MoC, then we can be certain this ISN'T a reboot right?  Unless they completely changed everything at the start of the story.

Also, I've always imagined an awesome online BIONICLE game where you can choose your own bodies, colors, masks, weapons, element, and fighting styles; that would be very cool.

I also imagined an online component for a stand-alone single-player game where you choose from a list of characters and fight each other on maps in 6v6 matches.  Kopaka can see the enemies through walls, Tahu can shield himself from ranged attacks, Lewa can levitate to higher elevations, Gali can swim through secret waterways where no one else can go, Pohatu can move quickly, and Onua can bust through walls and dig underneath enemies... and all the while they can use elemental powers to free, burn, stun, knock away, and disrupt the enemies.  If one team chose a legitimate team (each player on a team chose one Toa Nuva) you'd get a bonus to health/damage/defense, etc.

Edited by Toa Kopaka TJByrum

"Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero."

-Toa Kopaka Nuva

If this is going to be about the MoC, then we can be certain this ISN'T a reboot right?  Unless they completely changed everything at the start of the story.

Also, I've always imagined an awesome online BIONICLE game where you can choose your own bodies, colors, masks, weapons, element, and fighting styles; that would be very cool.

I also imagined an online component for a stand-alone single-player game where you choose from a list of characters and fight each other on maps in 6v6 matches.  Kopaka can see the enemies through walls, Tahu can shield himself from ranged attacks, Lewa can levitate to higher elevations, Gali can swim through secret waterways where no one else can go, Pohatu can move quickly, and Onua can bust through walls and dig underneath enemies... and all the while they can use elemental powers to free, burn, stun, knock away, and disrupt the enemies.  If one team chose a legitimate team (each player on a team chose one Toa Nuva) you'd get a bonus to health/damage/defense, etc.

Thats... a start of idea, but it would seriously need some refinement...

Thats... a start of idea, but it would seriously need some refinement...

Or how about a game like Majora's Mask where you collect masks and play as different Toa, then fight an enemy with tentacles at the end and try not to get hit by the moon?

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

BZP follows leaked policy: gets 12+ tickets to the BIONICLE reveal at NYCC.

Other sites don't: get 5 or 6 total.

I'll keep with the leaked policy, thanks.

For most members, who don't/can't go to such things, I dare think that isn't much of a benefit.

Yeah... I'm in Europe....

• Upvote 1

I shamefully must admit that I have talked about leaks in real life to many people. All of them have forgotten, except my siblings. I didn't talk about the leaks on BZPower though, so I'm good. Also, we don't know if leaked images are finalized or not, so if we go around talking about leaks and then the real sets come out, if they are different from the leaks there will be big problems between the community and Lego.

I HATE SCORPIOS

A reboot doesn't mean starting the story over from where it originally began. If LEGO wanted to, they could reboot the storyline and start it with the Toa Metru, or with the Toa Mata's training on Daxia, or even with a team of Toa we'd never seen before on an island we've never seen before. A reboot doesn't have to follow the same exact path of the original storyline. Rather, it reinvents the storyline from the ground up. A reboot does not mean the new storyline has to take place on Mata Nui, or retell ANY of the theme's previous stories.

I sort of wonder if a lot of people's resistance to the idea of a reboot is fueled in part from not understanding what a reboot actually is. The movie The Amazing Spider-Man can be considered a reboot, even though it invokes an entirely different villain than the original Spider-Man movie and gives Peter Parker a different girlfriend (Gwen Stacy, his original girlfriend from the Spider-Man comics, rather than Mary Jane Watson). The latest Tomb Raider game can also be considered a reboot even though it tells Lara Croft's origin story rather than the same adventure story as the original game from 1996.

• Upvote 1

A reboot doesn't mean starting the story over from where it originally began. If LEGO wanted to, they could reboot the storyline and start it with the Toa Metru, or with the Toa Mata's training on Daxia, or even with a team of Toa we'd never seen before on an island we've never seen before. A reboot doesn't have to follow the same exact path of the original storyline. Rather, it reinvents the storyline from the ground up. A reboot does not mean the new storyline has to take place on Mata Nui, or retell ANY of the theme's previous stories.

I sort of wonder if a lot of people's resistance to the idea of a reboot is fueled in part from not understanding what a reboot actually is. The movie The Amazing Spider-Man can be considered a reboot, even though it invokes an entirely different villain than the original Spider-Man movie and gives Peter Parker a different girlfriend (Gwen Stacy, his original girlfriend from the Spider-Man comics, rather than Mary Jane Watson). The latest Tomb Raider game can also be considered a reboot even though it tells Lara Croft's origin story rather than the same adventure story as the original game from 1996.

I know exactly what a reboot is and I'm still really not looking foreward to it.

If it were a story set so many years after the event 2001-2014 that it doesn't play a role in the next then thats fine.

But I never liked rebooting anything. Only if the first try was terrible, and Bionicle certainly wasn't terrible.

But rewriting the story of characters that were in a perfectly fine story before that gives me always this icky feeling...

Edited by Tattorack

Yeah I have to agree with that. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there are sites that don't so I can see leaked images, but if BZP is going to be a big forum again and the main one for Bionicle, we should be on our best behaviour.
  • Upvote 1

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Yeah I have to agree with that. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there are sites that don't so I can see leaked images, but if BZP is going to be a big forum again and the main one for Bionicle, we should be on our best behaviour.

I've noticed several new members get banned very quickly lately- if we are behaving well, when BZP really starts to heat up with all the new fans, this won't happen as much since we will set a good example.

I HATE SCORPIOS