OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Uh... the hero pack is 1 pence.

Is it supposed to be one pence? There's also no picture for it, but you can still zoom in. Everything else seems normal.

Picture.

That page isn't supposed to be there. It's supposed to be available as a freewith purchase item only, but thanks to this, you can now own 2 packs instead of one. I really hope this happens in the U.S. too, because I want more than one of that polybag. :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I already have all the Bionicle sets released so far. But from I understand, you can get this Bionicle Hero Pack with any Lego purchase at a Lego Store or online at Lego.com. So when this pack makes it way to the US next month, I plan to go to my Lego Store and find a Lego set that looks interesting to me so that I can get it. I look forward to seeing the trans-orange Mask in person. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

If you're talking about how Tahu and Gali's masks weren't among the four that were shown with the summer villains, it's still different, because those were shown to be blended gold and trans-whatever.  The mask might fit in with them better than a solid one, but it's still a difference.

OpAXNpl.jpg

So it took me a while longer than I wanted but, I finally got Gali and the Protector of Water.

PoW is kinda disappointing. The proportions are kind of weird, and the colors are even weirder. Seriously. Those colors are no good. It looks like they couldn't decide between black and silver for a tertiary color and so both look a bit out of place. And the mask is the worst offender. The dark azure just does not fit. When PoJ did it it was fine, because trans bright green and bright green are essentially the same color (just, trans), but dark azure does not have such a close equivalent in either trans light blue or trans blue. It just looks terribly out of place. As much as I love the yellow turbines, I think those should have probably been azure as well. As it is...definitely my least favorite Protector so far.

Gali, on the other hand, is pretty fantastic. She uses dark azure to great effect. It is a beautiful color (it's kind of scary how perfectly it matches bright green). Her proportions and the way the colors are distributed are all almost perfect. The weapon is great, and she's just...really cool. I probably only have one real criticism, and that would be that I think her hands really should have been gunmetal to match her feet. And the shell on her back could have easily been azure, but oh well. Pretty minor stuff. She's great. Though I will say she's the first set I have where I really feel the mask might be a tad too loose. It's not a deal-breaker, but it does feel..different. I think it may not even be the mask, though? I think the long chin just pushes against the chest armor a bit more than usual. I dunno. Oh, and out of the three Toa I have, she is the one that sports her golden mask the best. She's a very solid set.

Halfway there...now to get Onua, Pohatu and Tahu. I hope I can pick them up sooner rather than later, but..eh, waiting for March wouldn't be a bad thing.

Edited by farmstink buttlass

AXKP5KC.png

I'm thinking of selling my Rokoh T3 set. How much should I sell it for?

That's the one with Pohatu, right? Amazon has one listed new at 86 USD, give or take some change.

If yours is opened, but still in good condition and has all its pieces... I'd say you could maybe sell for ~65-ish? Though don't take my word for this, you might find a buyer willing to pay more.

It's a little dusty but other than that it's in good condition. 

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

Welp, right when everyone was getting all grumpy about not being able to get special trans orange Tahu masks!

Hey, I'm trusting LEGO to have enough to go around. Sure, people are exploiting the orders but I doubt that will deplete all their supply unless everyone happens to be an Do NOT bypass the filter. -B6 who orders like 500 at once.

-NotS

Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

So today I built a model using Skull Basher's function, and I have to say it's amazing. The proportions are a little iffy but the function works like a charm—frankly, a character with that type of build doesn't even need weapons because smashing their fists together is fun enough on its own.

Really? I can't even tell what pieces they used, can you share a picture?

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Speaking of other things to collect after getting all the winter 2015 sets, would it be better to invest in the coming up Marvel sets, or the Jurassic Park ones?

A bit off-topic.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Speaking of other things to collect after getting all the winter 2015 sets, would it be better to invest in the coming up Marvel sets, or the Jurassic Park ones?

A bit off-topic.

That's a question better suited to the Lego Discussion forum, I would think. But Jurassic Park might have dinosaurs.

So today I built a model using Skull Basher's function, and I have to say it's amazing. The proportions are a little iffy but the function works like a charm—frankly, a character with that type of build doesn't even need weapons because smashing their fists together is fun enough on its own.

Really? I can't even tell what pieces they used, can you share a picture?

I'd be interested in seeing this as well.

A bit off-topic.

That's a question better suited to the Lego Discussion forum, I would think. But Jurassic Park might have dinosaurs.

That would require the movie actually having dinosaurs first. :P

• Upvote 7

Welp, right when everyone was getting all grumpy about not being able to get special trans orange Tahu masks!

Hey, I'm trusting LEGO to have enough to go around. Sure, people are exploiting the orders but I doubt that will deplete all their supply unless everyone happens to be an A-hole who orders like 500 at once.

-NotS

Wouldn't they have to order 500 sets to do that?

Anyway, I have a Lego purchase planned for March already. I'll just make sure to get the pack when I go. 

Hey, I'm trusting LEGO to have enough to go around. Sure, people are exploiting the orders but I doubt that will deplete all their supply unless everyone happens to be an A-hole who orders like 500 at once.

-NotS

Currently the polybag is on the LEGO store for 1 pence, so you can buy the polybag and get another one as a gift-with-purchase, costing you a total of like $5 for two packs. That is the exploit that NotS is talking about.

IetTsFQ.png

-NotS

Anyway, I have a Lego purchase planned for March already. I'll just make sure to get the pack when I go. 

Don't worry captain, someone will find a way. Someone will always find a way...

You guys who are complaining about a lack of combiners know that Wairuha and Akamai were released in the second half of 2001, right? We can expect some combiners in August, probably.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

You guys who are complaining about a lack of combiners know that Wairuha and Akamai were released in the second half of 2001, right? We can expect some combiners in August, probably.

They were "released" at the same time as the Toa sets, since 1/3 of each Kaita's instructions were included in each component Toa's instruction booklets.

That's not to say that nothing's changed between then and now, but if we were going to get Kaita in the same way as 2001 we'd have them already.

• Upvote 4

OpAXNpl.jpg

In the US at least, the entire original wave of Bionicle launched in the summer, and the combiner instructions were included in the back of the sets' instruction booklets. I am not quite sure what you are talking about. Could you elaborate?

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Since a lot of people requested it... here's some example images of Skull Basher's function.

Function Block (Top)

Function Block (Back)

Function Block (Front)

Attached to Torso (Relaxed)

Attached to Torso (Engaged)

I might get pictures with a complete figure, and possibly video as well, at a later point. But this should at least be enough to clear up how it's constructed.

• Upvote 11

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I was thinking about why I like lewa's color scheme so much more than the other sets, and its probably because he doesnt have a single transparent piece on him. Don't get me wrong, transparent stuff is fine when used sparingly on sets like Tahu, but it really doesn't look good when it becomes the primary color in a set like with the protector of jungle. For some reason it just looks tacky to me. 

Edit: Wow, Skull Basher's action function looks super clever. Will have to get him just for the build.

Edited by hiddenderek
  • Upvote 3

Just built Skull Basher's mechanism, myself. Works pretty well, and without the need for rubber bands or anything.

Ah, I didn't get pics of the bottom!

The function DOES use a rubber band, and in fact it's fairly important—without it, you have to manually pull the arms back, which is a drag.

See the 4M axles with end stops in the top view pic? Technic bushings go on the opposite ends of those and a rubber band goes around those. That makes the whole thing much snappier and easier to use!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Just built Skull Basher's mechanism, myself. Works pretty well, and without the need for rubber bands or anything.

But the mechanism needs a rubber band to revert to it's relaxed state on it's own.

But what if you're posing it and you actually want the arms to stay forward?

Ah, I didn't get pics of the bottom!

The function DOES use a rubber band, and in fact it's fairly important—without it, you have to manually pull the arms back, which is a drag.

See the 4M axles with end stops in the top view pic? Technic bushings go on the opposite ends of those and a rubber band goes around those. That makes the whole thing much snappier and easier to use!

Ah... right. Okay. Still, I'd like the idea of being able to leave them forward if you wanted to.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

But the mechanism needs a rubber band to revert to it's relaxed state on it's own.

But what if you're posing it and you actually want the arms to stay forward?

The purpose of the function is to improve playability though, not poseabilty. And having the arms stay in that position kind of breaks the play feature. I mean, you can always just take the rubber band off if you want the arms to stay in place.

Hail Denmark

This is true. If you are posing your figure for say stop-motion or alike it would be best to leave the rubber band off, however if one wants to play with the feature return the band as needed. Keeping in mind though that constant attachment and removal of said band could weaken it causing an inevitable break and required replacement.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

For goodness' sake... I'm sorry for bringing this up here, but I seriously need help. I'm so sick of never being able to figure out how to make a sig with a hyperlink properly. It's just so strange and hard to get right. What am I missing?

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

For goodness' sake... I'm sorry for bringing this up here, but I seriously need help. I'm so sick of never being able to figure out how to make a sig with a hyperlink properly. It's just so strange and hard to get right. What am I missing?

Copy/paste the image into your signature; then left-click on it once. It should be highlighted blue - you can then just hit the "add hyperlink" button in the text editor, paste the link in the appropriate box, and then once your sig is saved it should show up.

---

poster_by_nickinamerica-d8ghl10.jpg

(I just did it here though so you could copy the above as well)

Copy/paste the image into your signature; then left-click on it once. It should be highlighted blue - you can then just hit the "add hyperlink" button in the text editor, paste the link in the appropriate box, and then once your sig is saved it should show up.

---

poster_by_nickinamerica-d8ghl10.jpg

(I just did it here though so you could copy the above as well)

Thanks a bunch.