Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Tear - Gym

Tear shuddered as the cloth fell across her shoulders. She waited, on and on for any sign of her death, but there was nothing. Finally, she dared to look up, only to see the Rahkshi had gone.

But she wasn't alone. Tear jumped a little as the new voice sounded, and almost retreated back into her ball. "A-... are you h-here t-to k-k-kill me too?"

IC: Bullseye and Toxin/Gym

Both brothers looked at each other.

"So...are you an assassin?"

"...No."

"Shake on it."

Their hands hovered for a bit, and then they decided to do a light fist bump. After nothing seemed to have happened, they nodded and split up.

Bullseye looked around and put away his bow to take out his boomerang and the knife. Trying to shoot in a crowded place was too difficult.

"I'm sorry brother," he thought. "But I must prove myself."

Little did he know that his brother was thinking the same thing.

IC: Helix/Gym

I began with making a smoke producing chemical as soon as I saw Recherche fall. I would not approach yet...for now I would observe.

IC: Alpha/Gym

"And he was my brother too," I muttered.

I looked around, halberd at the ready.

Edited by Shard the Gemknight Toa

IC: Bonegleam - Gym.

Too slow to avoid, the fruit splattered into my face and I spiraled out of the air. Skidding across the floor, I picked myself up off the floor to find my donor gone from sight. Cursing under my breath, I sheathed my sword, picked up my staff, and started towards the exit. 

I needed a karzing rest after a failure like that. 

IC: Vyper - Gym.

This was going to be all to easy... Picking up my cloak, I folded it over my arm and switched to flight mode, soaring up above the crowd until I reached the ceiling, before stepping onto it. My gravity powers anchoring my feet in place, I had the perfect view of the whole room. 

And if anyone came after me, I'd sure as karz see them coming. 

IC: Glaciem Ignis - Gym.

Well... this is weird...

What do we do?

I'm not sure. Just act natural, I guess.

IC: Sliver - Gym. 

"You boys are adorable, you know that?" I crooned, moving over towards Recherche and Grim, "How about instead of measuring spine sizes, you focus on trying to figure out who the real assassins are?"

Finding a clear patch in the middle of the crowd, I summoned up a cyclone shield around myself, a wall of protective, high-speed wind laced with ground-up glass. If any assassin chose to target me, they'd probably wind up losing a hand in the process. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Acinaces (Gym)

Enough is enough. I open my mouth-

And produce a Power Scream.

At my low level, it should only be enough for headaches, but it should sure disrupt everyone.

OOC: For clarification, that power scream should give everyone in the gym a "crippling headache". I'm assuming that power scream rahks are fairly invulnerable to their own screams, but if I am proven wrong by someone I'll edit.

VBWj75sh.png

"Gah!"

I dropped the chemical in my hands and covered my ears. When I looked down, smoke began emanating from the tube.

"Karz."

IC: Bullseye/Gym

I flew into flight and saw the screamer. I put my melee tools away and attempted to draw an arrow, but I couldn't aim or fire due to the headache.

"She's an assassin!"

I looked at the area from the top the best I could looking for any potential targets that might be susceptible to an assassin.

IC: Toxin/Gym

I doubled over in pain.

I covered my ears.

"Hey!"

OOC: I swear, this is like the second time I've head to say this; Acinaces is a girl. :P

IC: Acinaces (Gym)

I run through the crowd, still screaming, tapping everyone I can, constantly thinking the mental marker for Icarax; Die! Die! Die!

IC: Mu (Gym)

Mu dropped to one knee, vision blurring and a vicious pain building up between his eyes. "Argh!"

Edited by Chandra Nalaar

VBWj75sh.png

With the screamer heading away from me, and the roar of the cyclone still swirling around me largely drowning it out, I was spared from the attack's more devastating effects. 

Shifting to flight mode, I rose up above the crowd and sent an arrow streaking towards the power scream rahk's back, accelerating it with a blast of air. I did my best to twist the cyclone around my extended arms, but a few shards of glass nicked at my armour. But if the arrow found its mark, it'd all be worth it. 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Grim:

"Ah, Sliver, good of you to-"

The power scream reached Grim'd ears, and they turned to the source of the noise, audio receptors already adjusting to filter the exceptionally loud noise. Still, their head twinged. 

Grim shrugged, "I seem to be proven right. There is a bad assassin."

OOC: Oh. Sorry.

After I got used to the sound I went down and began looking around at everyone. I began to struggle and make my way to the smoke, avoiding the screamer as to alleviate the pain.

Alpha continued to be unable to really move...she really hated noise.

I began trying to create another smokescreen vial and began to swirl the smoke around me with a defensive cyclonic wind.

IC Recherche / Gym

"Well, it seems-" His words were cut short by the scream, immediately he cupped his hands over his ears, drowning out the noise and huddled closer to the Adaption Rahkshi, who seemed to have developed natural protection. He had to yell to be made out over the noise.

"It seems I was incorrect about you. I say we head her advice," he tipped his head towards the Cyclone Rahkshi, "and focus on incapacitating the one making this racket."

• Upvote 2

...but close to it

IC: Glaciem Ignis - Gym.

We had just discovered a new weakness of our. We had four ears, but only two hands.

IC Grim:

"Indeed!"

It was unfortunate, but Grim had no way of stopping the screamer, not with all the other rahkshi around them. 

A vacuum rhotuka would prove more fatal than was neccesary, and cause collateral damage to rahkshi who were not assassins.

"I am at a lack of suitable ranged weaponry, however, I have faith in my companion," They said, gesturing at Sliver, who had taken bow in hand and was taking well aimed shots at the screamer.

Being this high above the rest of the group came with more advantages than I'd initially anticipated. Being so far away from the source of the power scream attack meant that by the time the sound actually reached me, its effects were vastly reduced.

And with everyone focused on the screamer, it was likely that the other assassins would make their move while the main group was distracted, meaning I was in the perfect position to see that happen.

As I side note, I added sound suppression to my list of armour modifications worth considering. 

IC Optis:

AS the overwhelming sound reached his ears, Optis dove out of the Gym, hurriedly hiding behind the doorway and engaging his powers as he covered his ears.

IC Fog:

Fog almost fell out of the air, before regaining his balence. At his command, a high platform sprouted out of the wall, which he landed on and lied down on in sniper fashion. The advantages of this position were threefold. FIrst, the height meant any other assassins were hampered in ability to reach him. Second, a minimal amount of sound reached him, and third, he had a perfect angle to snipe the person. So he drew his harpoon gun, and aimed at Acinaces, waiting while he attempted to use his level 4 abilities to minimize the turbulence between him and his target.

Edited by Unicode

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Shark / Gym

This was one of those times when it really paid to be a silence Rahkshi. The moment the scream reached his ears he threw up a silence field, nullifying its painful effects. But that wasn't all he was going to do.

No, he also dropped to the ground (he'd seen enough from his vantage point in the air, for now), raised his sword high in the air, and grimacing from the scream lowered the field just long enough to shout above the din, "Refuge!" Then the field was up again as he dropped the point of the raised weapon heavily down on the ground, the message in the unnaturally soundless action (which clearly should have produced a noticeable clang) and preceding shout obvious: he was a Silence Rahkshi and had summoned up around himself wide field of blissful quiet in which his fellow civilians could escape from the painful scream.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Shock

"Dude, you need to chill your faceplate off." I say, wincing in pain due to the scream as I fire my electric Zamor at Acinaces.

IC: Draco

I whirl around. "Careful... One might mistake you for an assassin. Anyways, what might that b-" I'm cut off as one starts screaming. Idiot... I cover my ears up... But cup them, in case a Rahkshi attacks from behind.

Edited by Akai Zaza

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC: Gaever / Gym

What the - !

It was easy to outpace Acineas' mad charge with her modified legs, but the noise was not so easily escaped. Gaever clutched her hands to her ears, contemplating briefly a design for a sort of sound leveling ear implant. Hmm, maybe she could manage to make it such that not only were loud noises softened, but whispers made louder -

But that was for later. Grimacing, she reluctantly brought one hand off her ear to tear open the Armory door, then darted inside, thankful that the walls provided some muffling of the cacophony.

Now, time to select - gah, how she hated this! - a weapon.

That was interesting. One rahk had broken free of the crowd and run off towards a side room. Probably not one of the assassins, but still worth keeping an eye on. 

I made my to the bliss of silence.

Too much silence.

I was wary that this may have been a trap that I willingly walked into. I kept myself at a safe distance from him, while still being in the field, just in case.

The smoke began moving I got close.

"Hmm..."

I moved away and attempted to make my way to the Silence Rahkshi, who was kind enough to put up a Silence field.

Good. The one following me backed off.

I complete the smokescreen and put that on it's spot on the bandoleer, and then I began preparations for a pepper spray, this one very concentrated, to bring the pain.

IC--Kaboom--Halls

He seemed to have left his assailant behind. Relieved, but still wary, he flew as fast as he could toward the infirmary.

IC--Sepulchral--Gym

A most unpleasant din filled the air, and Sepulchral found himself clapping g his hands over his ears through pure instinct. Then, a brief cry above the cacophony: "Refuge!" Sepulchral staggered toward it, hoping the speaker wasn't just another assassin taking advantage of the chaos.

IC--Beat--Gym

Karz, that hurt. Doing her best to ignore her pounding head, Beat glimpsed the Rahk who seemed to be the source of the racket...and who also seemed to be running around touching as many people as possible. Snarling, she gripped her axe and ran to intercept the assassin.

IC--Shrapnel--Gym

Shrapnel leapt aside as the screeching Rahkshi charged past. If that wasn't a clumsy assassination attempt, she was a Mukau. But, seeing as several other students seemed to be closing in on the culprit already, she decided to hold back for the time being. Besides, she didn't want to get any closer to that screeching.

IC--Footwork--Armory

Footwork slipped into the armory just as an unholy screech rang through the gym. He closed the door in relief, and began looking for another exit.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC: Bonegleam - Dorm.

Doing my best to ignore the distant screaming echoing from the gym, I made my way through the hallways towards my dorm. Opening the door, I was greeted by the comforting sound of singing. My hardy little necrofinches, still chirping away...

I shut the door behind me and slumped down on the edge of my bed, exhausted. 

IC (As Feka): The rahkshi had slipped out of the gym before the assignment began, carrying the molded rahkshi case that had formed after the Protodermis cooled.

IC (As Zubarahk): "Ooh, is this a game of chasey we're playing?" The rahkshi said as he watched Acinaes run through the crowd. The screaming wasn't good for his hearing, but he decided to chase after the rahkshi. "Hey, I'm gonna get you soon!"

OOC: Zubarahk going after Acinaes.

IC (As Numlef): "Someone get that rahkshi to shut up!" He shouted before watching several rahkshi enter the armory. *I'll have to lock them in somehow.* The rahkshi of electricity mentally willed a wall to rise in front of the doors. *There we go, that's some possible assassins locked inside.*

IC (As Ipartsa): She looked up to see Vyper in the air. *Of course, no one bothers to look up. Except me.* The rahkshi still had her firework revolver and took it out. *Let's hope I don't burn through these rounds...* She took aim at the rahkshi in the air and pulled the trigger. An explosive shell blasted out of the barrel towards the rahk.

OOC: Ipartsa interacting with Vyper.

IC (As Botch): The rahkshi of invulnerability channeled her powers before running towards Acinaes. "You're dead meat, assassin!"

OOC: Botch interacting with Acinaes.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Hm... someone had somehow created a wall in front of the armoury doors. Intriguing... The glimpse of some kind of projectile spiraling up towards me caught my attention, and I reacted immediately. Deactivating my powers, I dropped down off the ceiling, switching to flight mode and righting myself as I fell. The shell struck the ceiling where I'd been standing, creating a rain of rubble that showered down towards the shooter. 

Making note of the other rahk's appearance, I found myself a new patch of ceiling to stand on, and resumed my vigil. 

IC (As Ipartsa): *Okay, bad idea.* The rahkshi decided to stop attacking as she got out of the way of the rubble, taking a few knocks to the case. "That didn't feel good." She said before rubbing the sore shell. 

Edited by Lewa the Soaring Champion

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Door

"If I wanted to kill you, I would already have taken my sho- ARRGH!" Door covered his ears as the powerscream reached him. "What the karzahni?!!" Looking into the Gym, Door noticed a powerscream rahkshi running around, tagging rahkshi. An assassin. And a very loud one at that. "Wrap that scarf around your ears!" Door yelled over the noise at Tear, before turning to run towards the powerscream rahkshi, his ears starting to become numb. This could be very stupid, but if there was one thing Door was certain of, it was that this rahkshi had to go down.

IC: Snap [Gym]

She panicked more and more as the event began, barely noticing the other two had already fled until it was too late, now she was alone, surrounded by any number of rahks who were probably itching to make this game of assasination into a rather real one...

or at least a critical wounding.

The Rahk of teleportation peered over into the spike-ring Icarax had made, wondering if it was possible to safely  put herself down into it without any notice.

then the power-scream hit and she practically fell in face-first.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

IC--Sepulchral--Gym

Sepulchral stumbled forward until he met with blessed silence. He glanced about for the student who had created this sanctuary, only to find himself staring up at an absolute monstrosity. Karzhani, this one his huge. Out loud he began thanking the massive Rahkshi, only to immediately realize how stupid that was. Well, perhaps he has trained himself to read lips. It's what I would do if I were a silence Rahkshi...

IC--Beat--Gym

Beat came up alongside the screamer, charging her axe with plasma as she drew close, and swung the flat of the blade at the assassin's back.

IC--Footwork--Armory

There were no other doors, but there was some kind of vent in the ceiling that looked big enough to crawl through. Footwork remembered glimpsing similar ones elsewhere in the school, though he had never paid very much attention to them.

He was about to fly up and try to pry it loose when he remembered Snap. Feka could probably get out on his own if he wanted, but she might not be able to. He turned back to the doors--and they refused to open. "Oh, you've got to be Karzing joking!"

OOC: Sepulchral interacting with Shark; Beat attacking Acinaes.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

OOC: 

overkill

ˈəʊvəkɪl/
noun

1. 1.
    excessive use, treatment, or action.
    "animators now face a dilemma of technology overkill"
  2. 2.
    the amount by which destruction or the capacity for destruction exceeds what is necessary.
    "the existing nuclear overkill"

IC: Acinaces (Gym)

An arrow hits me in the back, the steel tip crumpling against the inside of my Cordak's casing.

Instantly, I crumple to the ground, flopping face-first onto the floor as a barrage of projectiles fly over my head, possibly impacting "innocent" bystanders.

And then, to add insult to injury, an axe comes down and lops off my left arm, the wound instantly cauterised by the plasma somehow infused into the axe's blade.

Well, this is #####.

My breaths become short and shallow as my blood pools out across the floor.

OOC: Um, so, yeah. You got an assassin. Well done. (Also if anyone's taking Acinaces to the infirmary could they bring her arm that Beat chopped off as well? Hopefully Palma might be able to reattach it then.)

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Gaever / Armory

After reluctantly selecting a utilitarian side-sword, sharpened along the entire length of both sides of the blade and broad enough to slice as well as pointy enough to jab, Gaever made her way back to the exit...  only to find Footwork lamenting the blockedness of the door, and after her own vain attempt, came to a similar conclusion as he.

"Typical sheer idiocy," she muttered irritably. (Unless they were an assassin, in which case it was probably smart,) whatever blockhead had put up this wall clearly didn't know a thing about mathematics - statistically, they'd most likely trapped two civilians, which only increased the proportion of assassins to civilians outside, making things notably easier for them.

Or... there was another unless. Maybe whoever had done it had good reason to believe one of them was an assassin - and it wouldn't be her.

Gaever quickly stepped away from Footwork, ready to defend herself from an attack with - ugh - her sword.

OOC: Zubarahk interacting with Acinaces.

IC (As Zubarahk): The rahkshi of confusion paused to watch the rahkshi get shot and cut down by the other rahkshi. He was particularly delighted by seeing Acinaces get her arm lopped off. "That's a cool magic trick, how did you do that?" Said Zuba as he knelt down to pick up the rahkshi's arm. "Need me to give you a hand and take you to the infirmary?" The rahkshi of idiocy asked before laughing at his own joke. 

"Perfect shot," I couldn't help but grin as I watched the volley of other attacks slice past where the former assassin had been standing. "Too slow!" I crooned, dropping out of flight mode. 

I let the cyclone whirling around me dissipate, and moved closer to Grim and his giant golden companion, broken glass crunching under my feet. Maintaining a shield of that intensity for so long was more taxing than I'd anticipated, and the last thing I wanted to do was exhaust myself so soon. The fun was only just getting started...