Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Xara.

"Are you alright?" Xara asked mockingly, almost sweetly, as she gently blew the smoke away from her hand.

Without waiting for him to respond, she drew her sword and lowered it to his throat. Her tone hardened, "What is your problem?"

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Exxan and Xara.

"Phogen isn't perfect," Exxan argued, "s/he makes mistakes. We all do."

Xara kept her sword lowered. If Snake made a move she didn't like, she'd skewer him where lay.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"What is that meant to mean?" Xara glowered at Glass, still keeping her sword pointed at Snake. "Phogen correctly informed me about who my target was."

IC: Chekquars (Hallways)

Chekquars was not amused. He had worked and plotted for this, and but of course every dang Rahkshi in the world decided that his hallway was the hallway to be in, even though that party was going on just a few hallways back. Apparently it wasn't loud enough, if people had still heard him taking down Vir. 

With a growl, he yanked on the chain around Vir's neck, as he had dropped the Anger Rahkshi as he began to struggle once more. Glancing behind him, he could see Hashan charging headlong towards himself again, and he clenched his fists. Reaching back with his free hand, he dropped a field of shadow over the corridor and swung an extra chain like a whip, aiming to smack Hashan across the face while using the shadows to become hidden. 

He had really hoped this could be an easy hit-and-run, but nope...

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Fang

Fang sighed. "Yes, I suppose you are right. I need to rest. I am still not fully recovered. But when I can walk, I hope you will help me run some... errands. I don't suppose you picked up my staff?"

Just then, Fang gave an enormous gasp and jumped up in bed, reaching for his neck. It seemed he was having some kind of fit, but as he cried out in pain and sank back down, he smiled, the torn fragments of the necklace in his hand.

"I didn't lose it. But I'll need another string."

IC: Tube

The assassin got away. Tube supposed their only chance was to trust this Rahk with their arm around Tube's neck and go limp. As soon as they were released, they were ready to sprint down the hall to help their master.

But Tube still didn't have a chance to pull their Kraata out and didn't notice the blades. They jumped up and sprinted off... Into the opposite wall. Finally, they managed to wriggle the Kraata back out and run for their master. Their arms were sore, and something had bumped the mace out of their hand, but they had to focus every part of their will into going faster and catching these assassins.

IC: Green

Green was sitting outside in the gardens. "Okay... Gathering insects: commencing now." If this went right, every insect in the immediate area would be drawn to her. It probably wouldn't be anything useful, but at least she'd have her meat shield back. "In... Out..."

IC: Dodge-256

"Okay, what now..." Their stomach felt slightly better, so they decided to get going again. "First, find the target. Scout the area."

Okay. The target was there. But they were involved with an altercation of some sorts. If they shot now, it would be too conspicuous, and if they had allies, they might strike. Best to go for the kill when they were alone or otherwise distracted. Sighing, they started making their way back to their dorm, looking nonchalant. At least they knew where the target lived.

Edited by namcurtsnoC

OOC: Nope, they're out through sheer force of will and stupidity.

The assassins had caught up with their master(or so they could assume from the shadows blocking the hall), but Tube was close behind, ready to jump into the fray. Their attacker was swinging a staff, and Tube jumped in to land on his back.

"Get away from him!" They shouted.

Tube was already weak from their encounter before, but they knew that right now meant the difference between their master's life and death, so they clung to the Rahkshi's back, even as they fell over, crushing Tube's spines. They cried out and clung even tighter, pouring slow energy into him.

• Upvote 1

Though the blows were less frequent and weaker, Tube couldn't keep it going much longer. Their arms burned, their grip was slipping, and the use of their powers was draining what little energy was left. The excitement of the battle was fading, and Tube's vision began to darken on the edges.

First, one arm slipped, then the other, and Tube was hanging on by only their legs.

"I'm sorry, master," Tube whispered as they slipped into unconsciousness, every bit of energy spent. They just hoped they wore out one of the assassins enough.

IC:

Hashan saw the chain coming towards him and jumped back from it. He managed to grab onto it as the darkness enfolded.

"Perfect." He said.

"I AM GOING TO MURDER YOU!!" He said, feigning anger, waiting for chequkars to reel in the chain. 

He couldn't help it, and let out a little snigger at the fact at what he had done.

IC: Chekquars (Hallway)

Chekquars only gave one quick tug on the chain, revealing that Hashan had a grasp on it, as it hadn't come back without a pause or perhaps hadn't come back at all. He just dropped it and fled, dragging Vir behind him and the darkness following his path. 

He grimaced slightly as he heard Omega and Tube fight. The Darkness Rahkshi would need to retrieve that minion soon enough, but priorities dictated that he needed to get Vir to the Infirmary to confirm his kill. 

Turning the nearest corner, he could see the Infirmary doors down this hall. Good. He was close, then, although that annoyance of Hashan was probably back by now, as Chekquars turned to regard the hallway behind him, still cloaked in shadow. He would at least be able to see Hashen better than Hashan could see him, Chekquars was, after all, a Darkness Rahkshi. 

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC Phogen

Standing perfectly still and judgmental throughout the whole charade, not even flinching as the attempted blow was intercepted and rejected, and observing the accusations with a sneer and a friendly snort, he prepared a witticism. However, his brilliant response was not meant to be seen.

A singular, critically early Porter which had arrived in the hallway far ahead of the headmaster's intended schedule, interrupted his train of thought. There was a moment of processing, then an epiphany. "I would love to provide my rebuttal, but it appears to be time to scatter. We will discuss this later. Snake, I apologize for the inaccuracy. Now, if you would excuse me..."

He stepped back against the grate, closed her eyes, and concentrated. To her, all else in the world vanished. The guile, the passions, the cold logic, all morphed into a symphony, where she was the conductor. She called for silence with a metaphorical tap of her directing wand, and called on a solo from her sonic powers. A chillingly beautiful melody rang out in her mind, joined gradually by the chords of strings, and the wild, untamed countermelody of brass. She hummed the melody to herself, the group able to hear. Then, the imagined percussion picked up as the tune cycled.

With each beat, something near-deafening and salvific to the student body occurred. Sure, the headmaster would call a group punishment either way, but that mattered little. Appearance was the true key of leadership. And so, a loud, piercing metallic foghorn reverberated throughout the school, an alarm for the delinquent, an annoyance ubiquitous to the authority, and a gemstone of beauty to Phogen. With each hum the tune became distinctly classical, and began to leak into the foghorn pulses alarm as a quiet beat. The whole school reverberated with the tone. Everywhere from the gym to the dorms to the headmaster's typically quiet office was filled with the unimaginably voluminous classical piece.

The music in the party room stopped. The poor porter looked at the entranced Phogen. If it could feel terror from the shame of failure, it would. Someone in the party shouted "RUUUUN!" just as the first, short progression of the overture clicked into the next portion. And the Portter turned tail and sprinted off to alert its masters of the oncoming stampede and scattering of Rahkshi. Most of whom would see this brave, heroic student of sonics giving themselves up to the harsh discipline of Makuta for the sake of the student body.

All according to plan.

OOC: Time to beak this bad boy up. Crowd of NPCs incoming!

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC Vir

Corridors

Vir didn't know if they'd technically "died" yet, but if they had to go down, they wanted to go down fighting. They swung around to get directly in Chekquars' path and ram into him bodily. At least, they wanted to dissipate his shadow control so Hashan would have a fair shot at him.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

IC: The corridors rumbled with the familiar sounds of Porters heading somewhere in a hurry. Like the Bohrok they were based off they could move by curling into a sphere and rolling along. And with the Ghosts engineering at work they could roll at quite a speed, tumbling around and around like severely confused comets. 

As a small mob of them revolved towards the party, the leader of the crowd unfurled itself, skidding forward with sheer momentum even as it planted its pointed feet on the ground. Its curved, tusk-like mandibles dropped open as it started to speak.

"Students will return to-"

And that was about all it got out before it was drowned out by Phogen's sonic siren. The Porter's behind it scattered, partly to cover the branching corridors and spread the message, partly to get out the way of the mass of Rahkshi spilling from the one washroom. They'd be sure to clean the room afterwards, put all the wrecked facilities back into one place. That was what they were built for after all. But for now their purpose as glorified high-tech brooms was to more to sweep the students back where they were supposed to be, so they had some time to rest and prep before the headmasters latest task

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: (Snakey)

What? Just like that?

As Pho's plan was put into motion, however, Snake remembered Phogen's words of warning earlier concerning her plan. Time to escape...luckily, that's what Snakey did best.

Snake began running and, with a flash of light, disappeared and reappeared at a vantage point elsewhere.

Kathok

IC: Chekquars (Hallways)

The Darkness Rahkshi stumbled as Vir crashed into his legs, growling with irritation he glanced down the hallway. He had a few seconds. 

Dragging Vir another few paces down the corridor, Chekquars pushed the Anger Rahkshi against the wall and yanked the chain at the same time, choking the neckpiece of the armor even more and making things quite uncomfortable in general. Without enough time to do much more, Chekquars let him fall to the floor and unlimbered his bow, notching an arrow. Taking only a few seconds to aim, he fired at Hashan before turning and dragging Vir closer to the Infirmary, the veil of darkness cloaking his movements.

Zakaro

Edited by Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC Vir

Corridors

When Chekquars dropped Vir, they immediately drew their sword and attempted to slash the back of his arm.

OOC: I don't suppose Chek could hold the chain around Vir's neck and fire an arrow at the same time.

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Ic:

The arrow came out of nowhere, and hit Hashan in his rear arm.

"Ah, you little &%-(!"

Of course, he could survive longer than Chekquars as the fact that he hadn't been using his ability, or dragging a fighting body.

He continued after the darkness cloud.

Ooc: I presume the powers work the same way as Toa powers?

IC: Chekquars (Hallway)

The Darkness Rahkshi had barely gotten the arrow off when Vir sliced at him, and with yet another growl he grabbed for the chain hanging off Vir's neck. There was no time, he was alone against 2 foes, all his plans were falling apart, and Chekquars was just plain angry, tired, and wanted to get it over with. 

He finally dropped the field of shadows and jumped backwards, trying to pull his target along with him while knocking the sword out of his hand. Chekquars was rapidly realizing he might have to cut his losses and run, the true question was whether assassinating his target or not getting assassinated would make him look better.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC Vir

Corridors

As Chekquars attempted to grab for his chain, Vir raised their sword and blocked his arm, at the cost of losing their grip on the weapon, which flew from their hand and landed farther down the hall. Cursing the unlucky turn, Vir pulled the chain off their neck and threw it in the vicinity of Hashan to prevent Chekquars from getting it back too easily.

Edited by Akavakaku

IC: Exxan.

Moving calmly, Exxan pushed away from the wall and started walking away through the horde of oncoming Porters. He chuckled. Phogen's little stunt was, admittedly, quite impressive.

IC: The Twins.

Even in the depths of the empty wing, Phogen's call was heard. Party's over? Illusive guessed. Silencer merely shrugged in response. Deciding it was time to finish training for the night, the duo returned to their dorms.

So that was Phogen's plan? It was one bold stunt, that much was for sure. "I'll see you tomorrow, I guess..." she said hesitantly to Glass, before turning and quickly walking away.

"What are you babbling about?" she could barely hear him over Phogen's sonic antics.

IC: Flash

When Phogen's sonic attack hit the library, all Flash wanted to do was block it out. She yelled at Squid, trying to be heard over the noise. "What is that? An alarm or something?"

OOC: No, she doesn't know about Phogen, only the noise; I didn't know what to call it.

EDIT:

Edited by Shadow_Ignited

~Just call me Shadow_Ignited~