Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC Phogen

The siren of classical music slowly died throughout the school as a Rahkshi of Sonics, shoulders well worn from harty and beloved pats and head straining from exterted focus, but brimming with pride from collective praise her fleeing benefactors had imparted, slowly shuffled off the wall. This was good. The Rahkshi had won many friends that day. Shaking hands unfixed themselves from the ventalation grate. This was all measured, and planned for, certainly, but the intense lightheadedness was sickening nontheless

Barely cognisant that the hallway was empty, Phogen tuned her head to get a clearer understanding of the situation. Unfortunately, that instinctive move was a poor one. The world spun and receded, pinwheeling and advancing, all at once. Phogen mused that the concept of 'down' should not behave so erratically before the instense usage of power brough upon equally intense nausea. Before blacking out, Phogen noted how such a drain of power had a physical component as well. Unlike Toa, their elemental abilites did not drain from a seperate pool as their physical one. The last thing she noted before giving up entirely to the blackness was how nice and cool the stone floor was.

A pair of porters, their mechanical minds unsure of how to handle a disciplinary issue like this, defulted to an old tradition of asking someone else what to do. As such, the two mechanical creatures, uncomfortable with their newfound inability to roll, waddled back to Suvak. Their impairment came from their cargo. Coming forth, and staring dolefully up at the Skakdi, the mechanical servants carried what they identified as the source of the earlier auditory disturbance: a limp, uttlerly comatose, but still breathing Phogen. They placed the student on the floor, and waited for further instructions.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: Fang

Fang awoke to the sound of classical music being blasted through the school. Outside, he could hear Rahkshi chattering and yelling as they evacuated that ridiculous party.

Must be some kind of alarm, he thought.

Beneath the shouts, he could faintly make out the closer sounds of metallic clangs and cries that probably signified another assassination in progress. His suspicions were confirmed when, a short while later, the Infirmary doors burst open and a youthful-looking Rahkshi, their spines all askew and arms covered in lacerations, stepped in to hold them open. Fang scowled at the corruption and injuries of such an innocent Rahkshi. He rolled over, hoping to block out the noise as the music began to die down.

I'm not getting back to sleep anytime soon. Might as well get ready for my "errands."

He painfully sat up, blinking his eyes in the light and hoping to recover the rest of his vision.

IC: Exxan.

"Well, you two have fun," Exxan pushed off the wall and started walking away from Snake and Omega, "I, for one, intend to get some rest."

With that, he yanked open the door to his dorm, and dissappeared inside.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Chekquars (Hallways)

"Oh, it's simple at this point. I'll just drag you into the Infirmary and dump you on a bed, simple enough. Once Palma has confirmed my victory I shall take my leave. Come along now."

The mastermind-in-training lightened his grasp on Vir's neck, though the claws just slipped down to rest on his shoulders instead. Always keeping one hand on the Anger Rahkshi, Chekquars pushed him towards the Infirmary. 

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: As the Porters spread out from the scene of the party, they kept spreading their message.

"Students will return to their dorms for the duration of the sunset. Once dark has fallen they are to congregate at the Causeway."

They repeated it every time they reached a junction between two corridors, meaning students had to listen to it twice. Still, at least they'd get the message...

Suvak eyed the comatose Rahkshi the Porters had placed before. Hmm, out for the count due to exhaustion, the waspish colour scheme denoting a sonics Rahkshi...yes, this was probably their recent 'conductor'. Well they'd have to find some way of teaching him not to make a mountain out of a molehill. His little cacophony was several times worse than the concert he'd been trying to...drown out? Out do? Well whatever, it made no difference, he'd be punished all the same.

"I think he'll have to be grounded for a time," he mused, before looking at the Porters, "Fetch the shackles."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Tube

Tube stepped back to allow their master into the infirmary. Though it appeared danger was past, they kept a wary eye out for the assassin.

Fang scowled as he watched the successful assassin walk into the infirmary. Their victim's neck was crushed, obviously choked to "death." The assassin was the Darkness Rahkshi he had seen in the gym earlier.

"Congratulations," he said coldly.

With some effort, he pulled himself to his feet, still weakened from the blast. He didn't want to stay and watch this guy gloat to Palma. He slipped through the opened doors and leaned up against the wall. First things first, he needed to find a washroom. Keeping a hand on the wall, partially for support and partially because of his dim vision, he found the washroom. Inside, Porters were dismantling the party's makeshift stage and repairing the facilities. Everything was a mess. There were wrappers and shattered bottles all over the floor, unspeakable stains covering nearly every surface, and a few healing dents in the wall from who knows what happened.

He walked up to the nearest mirror. His reflection wasn't what he remembered. The brilliant white paint, carefully placed in sharp and dangerous designs, had been seared off, exposing a dull, blackened metal. One of his fangs had been knocked off, probably in the fall. The most concerning difference was the loss of his necklace, though he still held the fang in his hand.

A Porter waddled up and interrupted his reflections with its tinny message:

"Students will return to their dorms for the duration of the sunset. Once dark has fallen they are to congregate at the Causeway."

Fang glared at it. "Yes, indeed." In frustration, he flicked a handful of plasma at it, hoping to melt through some kind of critical circuits. Reluctantly, he stumbled upstairs to his room for a long rest. He'd need some energy to track down Phogen for his next step, as much as he was dreading it.

IC

I had bailed on the party, the people there were the people I didn't like anyways.

The cake had been overhyped.

Now at the gym, I rerack a barbell and make a mark with chalk on the floor, one of those little robot things comes by with it's robotic voice, announcing a gathering in the causeway at night-dawn. "I better be ready. I have to do better this time."

Another set completed, he smiled a rather indescribable for the author rahkshi smile. At least he had teammates now.

...but close to it

Ic:

"Now of all times?" He thought, hearinghearing the announcement overhead.

"Oh well, better late than never."

He stepped out of his hiding spot. Luckily everyone was facing the now open door.

"Yes."

He started to run, staff on his back,and then pounced at Chekquars exposed back.

IC: When Phogen awoke it was to blurry vision and a ringing in her ears that would not quiet. When she tried to move there was a clinking from her legs, somehow delicate and ominous at the same time.

"You are lucky it was me the Porters brought you to. If Tridax had been in his offices not out at the Causeway they would have brought you to him. And then he probably would have atomised you." As Phogen's vision cleared she could make out the form of Suvak, his one eye a piercing star of red in the gloom. "Well, atomised your armour anyway," he continued, "Your kraata is more valuable to him. Though you do have be disciplined for that little stunt, we can't let action like that slide."

Phogen looked down now his vision had fully returned, down to see why his legs were clinking and heavier than he remembered. Around each of his ankles was a ring of metal, thick and dark, held in place by no lock or mechanism he could see. Phogen scouredd them a bit more carefully, her eyes this time picking up a distinct seam where the rings had been welded closed, no doubt by Suvak's laser vision. That made them trickier to remove. Not impossible, just...trickier. The rings were not attached, as she originally thought, to some bracket in the floor or wall. This was not a dungeon and she was not a prisoner. Instead they had only a couple of chain links before being connected by a long and sturdy metal bar. Phogen quickly realised what this punishment was; he wasn't imprisoned, he was hobbled. With that bar in place the movement of his legs was limited. Running was out of the question, and walking would be reduced to a waddle. And with his feet held apart he wouldn't be able to take the right position for flight either. The irony of the punishment was that it left him entirely free to go wherever he wanted...but only by a ridiculous shuffle that was clearly intended to earn the mockery of passing students. There was a certain twisted humour to that.

Suvak grabbed her shoulders and hauled the Rahkshi up onto her feet.

"You're free to go. You'll be released...well whenever Tridax gets tha tune out of his head, let's say."

Tridax looked out over the murky grey waters around the academy, out towards Nynrah. He could hear students, ones who were a bit over eager or who had been roused from their dorms not the party by the Porters, gathering behind him, a technicolour horde of brimming potential. This next task would be good for them, and most illuminating for him. Illuminating and so very satisfying.

The dimming sun overhead finally went dark, and the Makuta's dark armour almost vanished in the blackness. Only the burning coals of his crimson eyes remained. It was time

OOC: Alright, will be beginning the next assignment fairly soonish. Anyone wanting to join in, you'd best get to the Causeway. And in case you wanted another incentive, taking part in this will guarantee you a reward of some kind! 'Tis the season for it after all

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: The Twins.

In perfect sync, the two Rahkshi awoke, rose from their beds and exited out of their rooms to fallen into step side by side.

Their syncronicity was eerie to behold.

As one, the pair strode swiftly down the halls, navigating the crowds and soon arriving at the foot of the Chirox Causeway.

IC: Exxan.

Exxan heard other students moving around in the corridors, and took it as his cue to get up.

Working quickly, he pulled his satchel over his shoulder and slung his staff across his back before picking up the bloodstained knife and stepping out into the corridor.

There were a handful of other students already on the move, and he followed them, blending seamlessly into the crowd.

Within a few short minutes, he too arrived at the Causeway.

IC: Xara

Xara awoke feeling better than she had the night before. Her headache had faded and her thoughts had cleared. A new night had fallen, and she was ready to ready to seize whatever opportunities came with it.

But first... She stopped halfway out the door, before stepping forward into the hall and closing it behind her... First she'd better wait for Glass.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Xara.

"I heard," Xara said, trying to think of something to say. She settled for an easy conversation topic: "Any idea what's going on?"

"Maybe we should get over to the Causeway and find out for ourselves?" she suggested.

"So..." as soon as they started walking, Xara's extremely limited supply of conversation starters ran dry. "...uh..." Think of something! "...how do you feel?" Is that really the best you could come up with?

"...how do you feel now that you've passed the assignment?" she quickly amended. "Defeating your assassin and your target?"

You're starting to get the hang of it...

Xara completely disagreed with her newfound inner voice; small talk was really hard.

IC: Glass

"Err"

This was uncomfortable.

"My assassin wasn't the brightest, I suppose so yeah. I had your help, too, so thanks.

"My target on the other hand... I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I just felt it would be, err... since you, well, I didn't want to, well, err..."

Come on, think of something man.

I am trying to, and you aren't helping.

He's never helped at all.

Hey, I have! Back when-

Both of you shut up.

I thought I was the one to say that.

"Thanks for not being too angry about it," he finished.

Edited by Tenth Norik

"You're... welcome..." the words felt strange and unfamiliar coming out of her mouth. She wasn't used to actually talking to other people. Not like this, anyway.

"You're lucky that I like you so much," she finally said, "if you were anyone else, they'd be dredging the ocean to find your remains by now."

IC: Tube (morning)

Tube watched in relief as the assassin got up at the announcement and walked away. "It's all clear, master," they whispered.

Now that they were safe and the battle was over, Tube looked around at the infirmary. That sour Surahk had left a bed open, and it looked really inviting right about now.

"I believe I'm in need of medical attention," they said as they wheeled over to it before collapsing on top. They were out within seconds.

IC: Tube (evening)

Tube awoke refreshed and cheerful again. Sometime during the day, Palma had been in to heal their arms and spines, and they could feel just about normal again. They hopped out of bed and opened the infirmary doors wide. Outside, they could see countless students flowing towards the Causeway.

The Porters had said something about that, hadn't they?

Hoping their master would be coming along too, Tube joined the crowd and quickly found themself at the shore, looking up at the grim face of Tridax.

OOC: Why, yes, she is indeed. :D

What the actual is wrong with me? Xara cursed inwardly, forcing down the urge to facepalm.

Why was she being so nice to Glass? He'd been assigned to "kill" her, after all. He hadn't told the truth about it until someone else had figured it out. Clearly, she couldn't trust him.

Yet for reasons she couldn't fully understand, she did. "Let's just get to the Causeway..." she suggested, unsure of what more she could say.

IC: Omega

Omega was genuinely worried about Phogen. She would usually be one step ahead of all of them. What the are you doing? You're supposed to be a stone cold killer. Stop thinking about others. For the first time in forever, Omega's faceplate went warm.

OOC: For all you guys who don't get that, he's basically blushing. 

IC Phogen

Unexpected, but not unwelcome. An an intriguing demonstration of authority. Truely, a punishment worthy of the school. Phogen was probably better off when it came to this sort of punishment. More in attitude than anything else. He tested the bonds, looking at the chain links, the welds, and inspecting them. Metal? Really? Quite a base instrument. Phogen smiled to himself. Bass intrument. Now that was a witticism to remember when it came to this auditory punishment.

And Suvak revealed more than he probably intended. First of all, she had, in fact, garnered a degree of impunity. It was undoubtably small, and certainly nothing of note, but any impunity was good impunity. Even if it was just for her Kraata. Her armor, while she was a little sentimental about it, was expendable. Furthermore, she had impressed someone. Indeed, her stunt did require discipline. It was nice that someone recognized that.

Oh, yes, they could not let him go unpunished. But there was a hint of test in Suvak's voice. He, and undoubtably the Headmaster by proxy, wanted to see how Phogen would adapt. She had no doubts that disappointment was not an option. He hoped that the student goodwill he had earned in this little stunt would not be lost in some petty jibe about a new limp. That was her biggest fear, second only to her new inability to pace and brood elegantly.

Still, it would be good to leave an impression, and perhaps a message. "I would think Headmaster Tridax, of all people, would appreciate the Third Movement of Destralian, where Makuta Miserix takes the island from Tren Krom, tricking the Brotherhood into following his leadership of faux selflessness, using his battle wounds to seal his deceit." Oh yes, she had chosen that particular, propagandized opera for a reason. She only hoped Makuta was as perceptive as he was potrayed.

"But it was, indeed, a disturbance, and I accept my punishment with optimism and understanding." Phogen shrugged and tested a few steps. It was as bad as he thought, but the tightness of the claps around his ankles and the very perceptible weld location was something of a minor miracle. Shifting bodily stance, and bracing against the floor with one hand, he tried a small skip-leap-handplant-skip-leap-handplant leapfrog locomotion. Fast, but undignified. The skipping motion alone was acceptable for comfort and everyday movement. He could keep his posture upright and refuse the awkward loping gait this way. It still made her look like a jigging Matoran, though, and that was wholly unacceptable. Resigning to looking more like a henchman than a mastermind when walking, Phogen started to shamble out of the room, grabbing her staff on the way. She was about to head towards the group gathering on the causeway, when she stopped and turned around.

In a rare moment of honesty, Phogen expressed her desires. "Oh, and I hope this little act of resume building has garnered no animosity between myself and the staff. I certainly hold none against for this sparing punishment. Thank you for your mercy, and I hope you have a wonderful day." Limping down the hallway, she whistled a simple folk tune about a stray Burnak that eventually went from a starving nuisance to a beloved Koro mascot through intelligence and perseverance.

While the metaphorical resonance of such a tune was far from lost on it performer, its true purpose was to disguise the humming sonic projections from her ankles, ever changing in pitch as a hidden trial and error stretch with each step was done. After all, once she was among allies with blunt instruments, the only thing she needed to so was find the right frequency....

• Upvote 3

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: Dodge-256

Dodge-256 couldn't have been bothered to stay in their room the whole time. As such, they had found themselves sitting outside their room, cleaning their lightblaster.

Then, their target passed them by. "On their way to the Causeway, it seems," xhe thought to themself. "Perfect." They let the target take a few more steps down the hall, then stood up, took aim, and fired a sphere of light...

... At Snake's back.

OOC: Well, we guessed that wrong. You sly little Piraka. :P

It seemed the sound of his nightmares came with Fang back into reality. The sound of that infernal lightblaster firing.

"No!" Fang shouted as he bolted from the bed, reaching for his staff. When his hand grasped nothing, the weight of the previous days brought Fang to his knees at the door. He needed rest. He needed to not interfere.

But I can't let that gun be used again.

He pulled open the door, racing down the corridor, hoping he could make it, that he could run faster than the light, that he could somehow...

There was the Rahkshi of Dodge with the gun. They smiled, seemingly gloating at Fang as the projectile neared its target. He was at the end of the hall, no way to stop it.