Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Hoto

"No, no, I'm fine." She looked off a bit to the left and waved at thin air. It always confused whoever she was talking to.

"Actually, I was wondering what was going on. I just got here when I heard all the noise."

OOC: You didn't shock her, but being blind, she's managed to pick up on a few little tips to identify powers. To anyone else, it would have been unoticable, but she was looking for it and has acute senses.

IC: Chekquars (Past)

Upon missing his first blow, Chekquars turned and kicked out at Hashan, aiming for the face. 

IC: Chekquars (Causeway, Present)

Chekquars frowned. A Rahkshi of Fear, one who seemed almost.. too real nearby, and.. Hashan. Of course. 

He quietly spoke, watching the approaching group intently. 

"I'm concerned as well, but perhaps this could be turned in our favor.. hold your ground, but be prepared to move."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC Kat:
I turned once more to spot a new face. This in itself was distressing, I took great pride in observation, how the Karz had I not noticed this one?!

Regardless, I replied in turn, "Plenty, welcome aboard. I'm Kat, this one behind me is Hashan." It seemed I'd been put on the mantle of leader. I wasn't thrilled by the prospect, but if that's what it came to, I'd do my best.

"Come on, we're finishing our roster," I said, and strode up to the two Rahks that had been gesturing at me.

"You two need a team?"

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC: Squid

"Oh, there's an event going on. Makuta Tridax has made us all gather here into teams of five for this event. I'd let you join my team, but we are full. Sorry. Also... are you blind?"

OOC: Squid tends to shock things accidentally, and apologizes for that even when it didn't happen.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC: (Wraith)

The Density Control rahk eyed Kat impassively, as if examining a new type of insect she had found.

After some silent consideration, Wraith simply said: "Yes. I will join."

After a few more seconds, the newcomer said: "But I will look at the other teams too." She would in fact join any that she believed to be more promising and still had spaces left, but it would be good to let this Fear rahk unknowingly reserve her spot here in the meantime.

Edited by Sil

Kathok

IC Kat: I sigh, half hoping the density control Rahk was scouting the others for weaknesses. The other half of me knew better. The strange Rahkshi was likely searching for someone stronger to join.

It left a nasty taste in my mouth, and I called out to her with all the authority I could manage, "You leave, don't bother coming back with anything less than full intel on the other teams. I have a feeling we'll need it."

IC: Tube

"NO! Well..." they looked over to their master for confirmation. "...yes. Sort of."

The unnerving one was scanning the area, hopefully planning on going somewhere else. 

Please, oh please go somewhere else!

She smiled sheepishly. "Yes, I was hatched blind. I guess just being one of the new Kraata was enough to save me."

Yes, let him think it's a weakness. He'll never see me coming.

She had long since gotten over not being able to see (no use wishing for what you can't even imagine), but it always made a good cover. She was almost glad to not have sight.

"Sorry, I'm Hoto. Would you mind directing me to the nearest open team? I'm ready for whatever you guys have got!"

She had already singled out a team not far from them. As soon as this Rahkshi said teams of five, she noticed the groups already formed as well as the one with only three. But it would be nice to have someone to introduce her.

IC: Exxan & The Twins.

"Okay." Exxan watched Squid walk off, then turned to The Twins. "You two haven't said much. Anything on your minds." The pair were too secretive; it made him nervous.

"We haven't said much because we have nothing to contribute," Silencer brushed him off.

Illusive signed quickly to him. Silencer nodded. "We're team players; if there's something you need to know, we won't keep it to ourselves."

"Very well." Exxan nodded. He turned back to survey the crowd. Old faces and new were mingling into different groups, and Tridax still hadn't said anything.

So he waited, doing his best to remain patient. He resumed fiddling with his knife, flipping it end over end in his hand.

The anticipation in the air was palpable; pretty soon a lot of these rahks would be getting impatient. If they weren't already...

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Most of the Rahkshi had assembled into metaphorical hands by now, and Tridax felt it was time to get moving. Should give the stragglers a bit of extra incentive to pick a team or risk failure. 

"We are to cross the Causeway now. You will follow behind me in formation."

And with that he simply rose into the air, as though he were standing still and the universe were moving around him. He went over the Causeway towards mainland Nynrah, still without moving a muscle, but reflecting that this would be a test of how the hobbled one held his team's respect. With his legs held apart he couldn't fly and would need them to carry him, or help him swim.

As the Makuta and his horde entered the skies over Phantom-on-the-Water, the few Matoran out in the night looked up with a noxious mix of awe, unease and apprehension. They'd gotten used to the Rahkshi, but only in small groups, such a large crowd was something new...and worrying. And the Makuta himself? He had never ventured to the village before, making for the island's capital if he visited the island at all. The sight of them in the sky should have been a cause for alarm, but instead they found they couldn't look away, and started following the horde's path to the centre of the village. 

Tridax landed in the village square in the middle of the settlement, looking for all the world as though he were still standing back on academy grounds. He looked around his surroundings as the students following him began to touch down around him. The village was gearing up for the annual Naming Day celebrations, a ridiculous little celebration that they had latched onto long ago. Lightfish in coloured glass bulbs had been strung up around houses in great numbers, painting the village in ethereal, flickering rainbows. Vines in a similar multitude of colour joined them, carefully hacked at with knives to give them a fretted and almost fluffy look. Signs hung in shop windows wishing people well for the season while promoting the deals and wares that could be found within. Decorative snow had been piled up wherever it could, making mockery of the light dusting of powder that had naturally formed on the rooftops and other high places. And tiny Mata Nui idols, the normally serene features perked up into merry grins or laughter, gathered on every space that could hold them, leading up to the great figure in the square itself. This one was a proper representation, having the peaceful, almost blank, expression usually seen on the rounded stone obelisks that represented the great spirit. The effect was slightly spoiled as the Matoran had also festooned it with the feathered vines and lightfish bulbs, and had even managed to hang orbs of decorated crystal upon it. It was a bit gaudy, but you couldn't deny the effort and care that had been put into it.

Makuta Tridax pointed his hand at the statue, fingers outstretched and now resembling the tines of a weapon more than anything else. Before more than a mere suspicion of what was going to happen next could gather in the minds of the Matoran, bright energy flew from those blade-like fingers, energy that gouged and ripped, burnt and blasted, shattered and shook as Tridax rapidly cycled through his various powers. Within seconds there was nothing left of the Naming Day statue but blackened rubble and dust.

"That statue," he said, addressing both students and Matoran, "was a false idol. A symbol of a fool who has been asleep and heedless to anyone's wishes for ten years now. Mata Nui is not going to deliver you gifts, he is not going to bring you good cheer, he is not going to do anything but snore. Naming Day is a joke, a travesty, a mockery, and I will not see it continue while I am guardian of this isle. Students!" Now he was talking to the Rahkshi alone. As most of the Matoran were starting to flee in terror it was probably for the best anyway. "You assignment is to tear down any relic of this pathetic celebration you can find! The team that can bring me the most evidence of their work is the victor! Oh, and do try not to damage the village too much. These people are technically our allies. Just..." A broad grin split the Makuta's face, "Do as you see best."

OOC: Well guys, thats your task. Off you go to kill Christm-er, I mean Naming Day  :evilgrin:

Edited by I Am Ultron Six
  • Upvote 1

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC Mahrika

Phantom-on-the-Water Square

Mahrika felt as though he had been bitten by a Takea with rubber teeth. Shocked, affronted, and at the same time slightly let down and very confused. He turned towards Caoutchoc.

"He wants us... to take down their holiday ornaments? Is this serious? Am I awake? What could... what does this possibly have to do with anything?"

IC Vir

Vir felt very relieved when it turned out that all they had to do was ruin some decorations. They turned towards the team leader, waiting for orders from the Dodge Rahkshi on what to dismantle first.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

OOC: I won't make a Xara post until Phogen's team decide how they're going to get her/him across to the mainland. Team Exxan members, I won't bunny you guys, but I won't have Exxan and The Twins start destroying too much until you guys catch up.  

IC: Exxan and The Twins.

"We are to cross the Causeway now. You will follow behind me in formation."

"You heard the man," Exxan nodded to the rest of his team. Squid was still off talking with someone; he'd hopefully catch up in his own time. "Follow me." he told the others. Without waiting to see if they would follow him (why wouldn't they?) he took to the sky, following Tridax and the other students jostling for airspace to the mainland. He landed, and watched the Makuta incinerate the statue and reveal the purpose of their task. 

"Your assignment is to tear down any relic of this pathetic celebration you can find! The team that can bring me the most evidence of their work is the victor! Oh, and do try not to damage the village too much. These people are technically our allies. Just..." A broad grin split the Makuta's face, "Do as you see best."

Exxan looked around, spotting a narrow side street. "You two, make a start over there. I'll wait here for the rest of our team to catch up." The Twins got straight to work, walking along opposite sides of the street, tearing down decorations and chasing the Matoran back into their homes. 

He waited in the street mouth for the other half of his team to arrive. He spotted a Matoran trying to run past him, clutching a small statuette to his scrawny chest. Exxan snapped out his hand, using his powers to rip the idol from the Fe-Matoran's grip and into his waiting hand. "Shoo." he told the Matoran, shoving the idol into his satchel. He already had a good feeling about this; it would be a night to remember. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: no, it takes place ten years after, during the Brotherhood-Dark Hunter War

IC: IC: Dodge-256

"We gave our orders; commencing destruction." A Christmas Naming Day tree suddenly found itself cut in half. "Just for posterity's sake, what's everybody's power?"

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC: Exxan.

"Who cares?" Exxan replied to Squid. "This is our assignment, let's just get it over with." He pointed back down the street to The Twins. "Start by helping them redecorate this street; I'll wait hear for our last teammate."

He started to walk away, but then a thought occured to him. A lot of the other rahks seemed to be hacking things up, or crushing them into oblivion. They weren't very good listeners. He lowered his voice so that only Squid could hear him.

"Pull down the decorations, but don't annihilate them. Tridax wants evidence, remember?"

In the chaos that followed the announcement, Hoto barely took to the air and followed the team she found earlier. All around, she was being jolted by Rahkshi. Vacuum. Magnetism. Fear. She couldn't stop herself. In the crowd, it was nearly impossible to keep track of any particular Rahkshi. Finally, she managed to get outside the bulk of the crowd, and later found her team as they landed. She landed near them.

"Hey, I'm Hoto. Mind if I join your team?" She reached out a hand as if to shake, but was a bit too close to who she thought was the leader. The armor flinched slightly as she touched it. Dodge. Like her.

But there wasn't much time for introductions as Tridax began his terrible announcement. 

No, no, how could he? But... what if... he's right? Could he be?

In her travels, she had walked through a few Matoran villages. At first, they had been terrified, but once they saw she was alone and blind, a few opened up. They were kind, even to those they had no reason to be. But she also thought of those that had thrown rocks at her. Called her names. All out of fear of course, but it didn't make it hurt any less.

Even then, she had a new problem. What do these decorations look like? In all the noise, it was hard to pick out any details, but she thought she caught glimpses of little globes strung around the houses. Were these decorations? She had never detected anything like them on the other homes. So, she sat and waited, trying to decide what to do, hoping someone would show her.

IC: Tube

With a yell of joy, Tube took to the air. "Finally! Let's go, master!" As excited as they were, they waited to take off to the village with the rest of the team.

IC: Fang

Outside, the murmur of the crowd died down. Off in the distance, he could almost hear an indistinct mumble of Tridax's announcement. He looked over to Snake, who was still being healed by Palma. If something were to happen to him...

But what if Fang followed Dodge? That way, he could watch the assignment and the assassin, and Snake would be safe. He was nervous about what the assignment could be, knowing this school.

Fang suddenly stood up. "I need to go after them," he said simply. Without waiting for a reply, he ran to the door and took off down the hall, blowing the doors back as he ran through and took to the skies. As he drew closer to Nynrah, he could see something was wrong. Smoke was rising from several places, and below, he could hear the sounds of Matoran screaming.

He carefully landed in an empty narrow alley. The Matoran had kept a few half-completed swords back here, and one of them appeared to be heat resistant. Fang snatched it up and ran out into the open. Already, his eyes were scanning for Dodge. The sword flared up as plasma dripped from it onto the cold street. Any Matoran coming near him quickly walked the other way, but he wasn't here to harm them.

He was here to save Naming Day.

IC Kat: Wasting no time, I spoke to the Darkness Rahk, "You and your pal can catch up when you're ready," I turned to my squad, "The rest of you, with me." I took off, following the swarm.

Upon finding out our task, I balked. Not so much at the task itself, Karz, the decorations certainly deserved no less.

No, my problem was in our headmaster.
It was a risky business, challenging the headmaster of our school, but I needed to set things straight.

"Excuse me, SIR." I put emphasis on the word sir, filling it with displeasure. "Am I presuming correctly that you are using us simply for your own vendetta against a dead god?!"

Among other things, this would ruin the image we had with the ghosts.

"In addition, SIR, some of us have excellent connections here, connections that, while earned through a lot of work, would be easily dashed by something so.... Trivial."

I folded my arms defiantly.

"This assignment is pointless."

OOC: I actually love the idea, but Kat is all business. Here's hoping I'm not vaporized on the spot!

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC Phogen: Idly reaching down, plain for all to see, he snapped the spreader bar free of his fetters with a snap of the legs and a yank of the bar. The brittleness of the sonically-reduced welds and the physical battering they had taken served him greatly. He could get the fetters off eventually, but that would be a waste. He could fly for now and that was enough. And so he flew, a bit haphazardly with the strange weight distribution, over to the village.

Her mind raced for a moment, thinking on her strategies for this little charade. Most teams were destroying wontonly, quickly tearing everything down without a second thought. Some of her acolytes were included. That was a great way to destroy, but not so much generate evidence. She quickly scanned through her group, summing up their powers mentally.

He nodded and decided, calling the group together and deciding on a plan.

(Placement of the PM I will send to the group.)

He smiled and gave a strange whistle. Grinning to his team, he barked, "Now move out! Magnet Team with Electric Team!"

And, as a final move of subservience, respect, but twinged with a healthy amount of guileful cheek and resume-building poise, Phogen walked up to Headmaster Tridax, who was in the center of several, small, slowly accumulating piles, and marked her team's pile with a short bow and the placement of a chained spreader bar on the ground. He stood up at a rapt military stance, saying only "I apologize for my impertinence and the image of petulance I must project for the sake of Machiavellian popularity, and thank you for your wisdom and understanding." before he turned on his heel, and jogged off to join his group.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: (Wraith)

"You will follow behind me in formation."

Silently, Wraith transformed into the flight position, drifting to the front of the group. And it was drifting, not appearing as the zooming flight most of the other students used, or the ponderous levitation employed by some of the more brawny rahks. Instead, she was almost carried on the wind, light as a gukko's feather, stealthy as a shadow.

What Wraith had realised in her few weeks of life (that many others had not done in their long existence) was that the colour of the night and the shadows was not black, which stood out as darker and bolder than it's surroundings even at midnight. Instead, Wraith's skeletal armour was varying shades of grey - bluish, dark, almost white in some places, but as dappled and blended as the true night, the one which Wraith was fitting seamlessly into now.

It wasn't that Wraith didn't have feelings, emotions or a personality at all, but she just believed that the best way to assess others was to hide her own intentions completely, thus forcing opponents into giving things about themselves away in the search to understand her.

Arriving at the isle and hearing Tridax's plan, she...did nothing, didn't smile or frown or complain (as her supposed team leader seemed to be doing now) or grumble. She just stared, eyeing her surroundings and her opponents and her "allies" intently. 

After several seconds of this, she had made up her mind about the usefulness of her group's members. 

Catatonic seemed strong enough, but reckless and rash (as she was now showing).

Hashan was seemingly arrogant and inept.

Tube not only possessed a complete lack of initiative, but was also even more unintelligent than Hashan.

The only promising member seemed to be Chequars, who seemed moderately intelligent, if a little naive. He would likely try to manipulate the other team members, but Wraith could easily avoid that. She was next to Chequars now. She had always been there, it was just that one moment she had been part of the background, and now she was...apparent.

"How should we go about this?" She asked. She had a very good idea of how, but it was always good to let people think that they were needed.

IC: (Snakey)

Fang seemed to be leaving...

"Uh...fine."

It looked like he was going to miss this assignment, then. Time would come to get Dodge back for this.

OOC: (Sil)

Whew, sorry for another long Wraith post. It was unintentional :P

Edited by Sil

Kathok

Squid's bag quickly filled up. He took everything out and began judging which items would be the most worthy evidence- items like little round ornaments would be worth little, but the mata nui statuettes would be worth more, he assumed. The non worthy items? Fried by chain lightning. He continued looking for worthy items for evidence.

I HATE SCORPIOS

Hoto nodded. It looked like she wasn't getting more than that. She wandered down the street, trying to find some leftover, low-hanging baubles that she assumed were these decorations. There. She reached, only to hear the whooshing of a staff and glass breaking, followed by raucous laughter. Obviously, she would need to find a less busy street.

But there were none. Every street corner was filled with the sounds of destruction and hissing of Rahkshi. Most of the decorations had already been smashed to fragments. The screams of Matoran, the breaking of crystal and stone, the triumphant hiss of Rahkshi all melded together into one cacophonous symphony. She couldn't take it. All the noise, her inner conflict, the utter failure. The complete turmoil was drilling into her mind, driving out the clicking of her armor. And for the first time since hatching, Hoto was completely blind.

She ran through the streets, only narrowly avoiding colliding with most obstacles, banging into the corners of others. She didn't care any more about who or what she hit. It was too much.

I failed. My first assignment and I failed.

At the realization, she finally sank to the ground in a side street. Underneath her, she could feel fragments of glass and crystal as well as lightvine branches. Her armor was covered with them as well from her mad dash. If she could see, it might bring her some joy to see she looked just as colorful as the Naming Day Statue. But she couldn't, and she failed.

Not far from him, he picked out two Dodge Rahkshi. No, there was only one at the school. His eyes must still be recovering; he was seeing double. He looked down, blinked hard, and looked up to see only one. Perfect. Fang charged up to Dodge, all the hot anger of his element in every motion.

"DODGE! You have something to answer for!"

OOC: Hoto's open for interaction if you find her.

IC: Dodge-256

"We gave our orders; commencing destruction." A Christmas Naming Day tree suddenly found itself cut in half. "Just for posterity's sake, what's everybody's power?"

IC Vir

"I'm Anger," Vir informed their leader. Despite their conventional coloration, other Rahkshi often were uncertain of their power, probably thanks to their personality.

Vir climbed atop a small building and started wrenching off the garlands of vine, then tossing them down to their team in the street below.

OOC: Is this vine lightvine? If so, won't its presence be toxic to the Rahkshi?

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

IC

The other teams were quick to act, causing wanton destruction almost immediately. Simply joining the fray would produce little in terms of intact decoration.

"This island is a well managed one. The public decorations must be stored somewhere when not in use, we should find that storehouse and make off with it's contents, I'm sure bringing it back in one piece would put to shame the other team's efforts," he pointed to several meager piles of ash, shattered glass and dead fish.

...but close to it

IC Mahrika

Phantom-on-the-Water

Mahrika stared at Caoutchoc, even more baffled, as well as upset that his own comments had been ignored.

"Are you thinking straight? If they have a storehouse for their decorations, it's empty right now."

Then... that shout... could it be?

Oh no. It was.

Mahrika abandoned his group and ran over towards its source. Sure enough, there was Fang, running up to some other Rahkshi and brandishing swords that glowed with plasma.

"Fang, give up." Mahrika put himself directly beside the Surahk, near enough to feel the intense heat billowing from him, heat that after a moment felt only rather warm thanks to his adaptation. "There's no point challenging these herd-Mahi. Not like this."

Once again, Squid's bag was full. This time, it was full of the more meaningful symbols of Naming Day. He flew back to Tridax with the bag, looking up at the Makuta towering over him.

"Here- I brought evidence for you to destroy or do what you want with. Also... I have an idea for a new holiday that would be about the Makuta, who are the real protectors of our universe. If you don't want to hear about it, it's fine, I'll just go back and collect more evidence for my team." 

I HATE SCORPIOS

IC: Green

"Raiding the storehouses might make sense, but Mahrika has a point. They usually bring the decorations -out- for Naming Day. Wouldn't hurt for one of us to go check though." As much as she hated to admit it, Green wasn't in charge here. Caoutchouc had final say. "Perhaps we could try inside the homes."

IC: Dodge-256

"Okay, good. Again, I'll look for a bag." As the other Dodge rahkshi wandered off, Dodge made a note of her actions. "Hm." They caught a few baubles that Vir threw down, starting to go find a bag, but then somebody called out to them.

"You again? Last I checked, I was simply being a good student. Good bye." They gestured to their team too ignore the Surahk unless he got to close and flew off in Hoto's direction.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

At first, Fang completely ignored Mahrika's words in his blind rage. But then, the significance of them managed to cut through and extinguish his anger.

"You... you're here. With them." The sword fell, plasma sliding off of it and onto the street. He was honestly hurt. "You're... with them." 

He looked around at the screaming Matoran, the destruction of an innocent holiday just for this selfish Makuta. The Rahkshi he had watched and talked to, participating. And Mahrika, just as much a part of this as they were.

His eyes flashed. Dodge was forgotten. "You lied. You said you weren't with them!" His anger was slowly rising again, despite his more rational mind telling him Mahrika had saved him.

IC Mahrika

Phantom-on-the-Water

Mahrika put a hand over his face, exasperated. "Listen, Fang, Tridax just summoned us all to the Causeway and then ordered us to come here. I had no idea what we were going to do until after we arrived, and I don't intend to do it.

"But these--" Mahrika plucked a painted wooden orb with the design of the Kanohi Hau off a nearby windowsill. "These are just trinkets! They mean nothing! The Matoran will make more next year. This isn't what's important! That--" he pointed to Phogen's crew, currently occupied with uprooting a stand of ornamented trees-- "that is what's important. Ending all this scheming and deception and self-serving. And it won't happen by us running up to them and fighting them."

Fang couldn't be persuaded that easily. He gestured at a home covered with Rahkshi with panicking Matoran trapped inside. "This isn't for mere trinkets. This is intimidation. This is telling the Matoran that they can't be happy without the Makuta. How's that for your scheming and deception? This school is soaked in scheming and deception. If this is the message they know the Matoran will understand, why don't we send it right back?"