Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Chekquars (Causeway -> Island)

When the rest of the group had moved off, Chekquars had just shrugged and taken off, following them to the mainland. He hadn't spoken while Kat challenged the Makuta, instead just standing and thinking.

When Wraith spoke to him, his answer was offhanded, while he seemed to continue to plot within his mind. 

"I suppose we must just do what everyone else is doing... for now, at least.."

He turned and walked off to a house, starting to rip off decorations mechanically, no heart or thought really being put into it. 

What he was thinking about, even Chekquars wasn't all too sure.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: The Twins.

The two rahks walked in perfect unison down the street. Silencer had woven a rough net out of streamers and chains of lights, and Illusive was quickly filling it with other decorations snatched from the Matoran villagers, or pulled down from the houses and shopfronts. It was almost comical - the two terrifying Rahkshi becoming laden with a glowing mess while leaving the street behind them in darkness. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Tridax looked at Kat with unbridled distaste, ignoring the two flavours of sycophancy from Phogen and Squid. 

"Your conclusion is in error. This task has a point. It is to introduce you to the sort of tasks you will be expected to perform once you have graduated from Corpus Rahkshi and enter the service of your Makuta. Perhaps they might ask you to perform tasks you find distasteful, but it matters not, you will perform those tasks to the best of your ability. I have endeavoured to also try to teach you the basic points of teamwork, and a few of you get to even lead your own teams. There is every point in carrying out this task, but no point in defying it. You see, I find flaw in your reasoning that this will damage any connections you have here. What will this do but show you are in the greater position of power? Show that you are capable of great feats of force, but choose not to out of respect. This will earn you both the deference and fear of the Matoran, improving your standing amongst them. And with that in mind..." he leaned in close to Kat, close enough that the lights of his eyes reflected off her faceplates, "...get to work, student."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Fang

Fang couldn't be persuaded that easily. He gestured at a home covered with Rahkshi with panicking Matoran trapped inside. "This isn't for mere trinkets. This is intimidation. This is telling the Matoran that they can't be happy without the Makuta. How's that for your scheming and deception? This school is soaked in scheming and deception. If this is the message they know the Matoran will understand, why don't we send it right back?"

IC Mahrika

Phantom-on-the-Water

Mahrika took a step back in surprise. He hadn't thought of it that way. Apparently Fang was smarter than he'd first seemed. A more useful ally, too: one who could think like the schemers, but wasn't one of them.

"You're right," he mused, "but also wrong. Retaliating with force would be worse than useless. We would get beaten up, if not punished by Tridax, and nobody would ever listen to us. We need to take a different course of action."

His gaze drifted around the area and landed on a distant section of the village atop a nearby hill, just a small cluster of homes and a workshop. It had little in the way of decorations, and he didn't think any Rahkshi had taken the trouble to start trashing it yet.

"Let's go up there and plan, it'll be less conspicuous."

He took flight and headed for the hill.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

IC Kat: Tridax makes good points, I must admit. Ultimately, I agree with his reasoning, though I still find the task frivolous. Not breaking my gaze, I say cooly, "Good..... You are a worthy leader. Consider my.... Challenge, of your leadership mere intelligence gathering. Most don't think for their actions, and I do not plan to be such a being. Good day, Headmaster."

With that said, I turn proudly and join my team in gathering and destroying the various gaudy arrangements. I keep careful note of exceptionally crafted items, these will demoralize the most. Nothing breaks a being quite like seeing their hardest work go to waste. My teammates, though perhaps not the most team playing of Rahks, are working diligently at their tasks. This is good, I value individuality in my allies. Beings who can't think for themselves are useless to me.

On this note, I come across a rather large and intricate sculpture of the Great Spirit. It is a masterpiece of work, and would likely gain.... Whatever we were hoping to achieve. Testing its weight, I find that it is far too heavy for a single rahk. I'll need at least one other.

"So this is what you're trying to teach, huh...?" I mutter to myself.

I call out to my squad, hoping they'll hear my order to form up on me, so we can get this Karzdamned statue moved in one piece.

OOC: nicely written, Ultron!

Edited by The UltimoScorp

Fang looked up as his friend left. He was truly torn. He had an obligation to Snake to keep an eye on Dodge and make sure they stayed here. Mahrika was flying off toward an isolated part of the village. And yet, here was all the bedlam of a Rahkshi attack. He watched Matoran cowering in corners. A few even tried to fight back, but we're quickly struck down.

He made his decision. Mahrika and Snake would always be there, but these Matoran were in need right now. With a sorrowful glance at Mahrika's disappearing silouhette, Fang charged back into the chaos, his sword gleaming with plasma again. He watched two Rahkshi walk down the streets in perfect synchronization, leaving a path of destruction behind. He ran up to cut them off.

OOC: It's Illusive and Silencer.

IC Mahrika

Phantom-on-the-Water

Mahrika immediately noticed that Fang was not following. He landed and turned back. 

"Hey, what are you--" Fang had just reached Illusive and Silencer, no doubt in an effort to stop their ravage upon the decorations.

Not again.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

IC Shatter:

Paniced,Shatter looked around for a team to join. There. A Dodge Rahk with a couple slots left. He ran up to teh rahk and said "Can I join your team?"

IC Mar'jik:

Menial. This task was downright menial. But so long as the headmaster was pleased. Glancing at Exxan, Mar'jik hurled a chakram at an ornement's hanger. It sliced through, embedding in the wall, and a quick movement allowed Mar'jik to catch the ornament before it shattered. Mar'jik then levitated up to retrieve the chakram,before flying on to retrieve the high-hanging decorations. He swooped towards the Twins, hoping to deposit his load.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Dodge-256

A few blocks down the road, after a scuffle, a clashing of blades, and multiple defenestrations, Dodge walked out, a large sack in hand (like the one Mata Nui would lug around on Naming Day, ironically) in their hand, and the remains of a present box around their neck like an ill-made breastplate. Taking flight, they hovered down a few blocks, grabbing whatever they could when they spotted Hoto on the ground. "Did something happen?" They asked.

OOC:Construct, Shatter just asked to join Dodge's team, BTW.

IC Clockwork:

No. No. Dang. Way. Clockwork was not going to do this. He quickly calmed down, anger replaced with the cold reasoning of an Accuracy Rahkshi. If he openly rebelled, Tridax would probably do something unpleasent. Much better to be subtle. He could'nt think of a team to find. Solo was a better idea. He zoomed off over the rooftops, grabbing ornaments and making a careful note of which houses each one was for.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Squid

"I'll take that as a no, then."

Squid poured out the contents of his bag, which made a large heap, at the feet of the Makuta and jumped on top of them simultaneously electrocuting and crushing them. He then used his large feet to sweep the remaining pieces away and started to walk away sadly. Squid then quickly turned around.

"This does count as points for my team, right?"

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC Shatter:

Shatter's palm crackled with pure destruction as he reached out for an ornament. On contact, the fragile decoration exploded, showering Shatter with fragments. He walked toward Recoil, leaving a wake of decoration fragments in his wake. He kept a peice of each destroyed ornament for proof.

IC: Tube

Tube was having the time of their life. As soon as the assignment was announced, they broke off from the group and started collecting (but mostly shattering) the little glass shells and crystals. They loved the tinkle of glass and the plop of the lightfish landing on the street. It took them a while to realize that they had gone far beyond the team and their master. The village was unfamiliar, and Tube couldn't see anyone they recognized. Still determined to try and win, Tube gathered up the collected decorations in both arms and tried walking back to the Square. But when they thought they were there, it turned out to be another unfamiliar street. They were getting to the edge of the Rahkshi's wave of destruction, and a few decorations still hung. Tube tried to gather them as they went, but they were rapidly running out of carrying space, and a few of the rounder ones just fell off the stack. They had a handful of decorations, and they were lost.

IC: Hoto

"No." Her voice broke, and if she had tear ducts, she would probably be crying. "Nothing's happened. I just... don't know what to do. I can't help you with this assignment. You might as well leave me here." 

She looked up, her wide, dim eyes giving her an almost haunted appearance. She summoned every bit of self control she had left to say, "Just go."

"There's no time for plans. This is happening right now. You can fight with me, or run off and scheme." He brandished the glowing sword and faced down the Twins.

IC: Exxan. 

"Keep up the good work," he told Mar'jik. 

IC: Xara.

"Lights out," Xara sneered, drawing her swords. She lightly tapped a string of lights with the tip of her blade, generating an electric current that jolted from her hand, through the blades and into the lights. As the current passed through the vine, it flooded the lightstones with heat, causing them to shatter in explosive puffs of sparks. "I hope this plan of yours works," she added to Phogen.

IC: The Twins.

"Get out of the way," Silencer growled, slowly lowering the makeshift sack he was carrying, "What do you want?" 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Enough of this destruction. You can drop the bag and get back to the Academy, or you'll have to face me." The scowl on his face was enough to say he was serious, though the blazing sword helped.

IC: The Twins and Exxan.

With all of the members of his team now accounted for, Exxan ducked down the side street and rejoined The Twins. "What is going on here?" he demanded, spotting Fang holding the duo at swordpoint.

"What destruction?" Silencer challenged, ignoring Exxan for the moment. "We're merely removing these profane decorations. Why don't you go bother one of the other teams who actually are destroying things?" 

"I agree. As long as they calmly drop the bag and leave, no one gets hurt." Even in the face of a three to one conflict, Fang was cool and composed. He had watched these three in practice combat in the gym, and he knew they were dangerous.

Hoto suddenly turned to Dodge. "Don't you get it? I'm blind!" She sat straight for a moment, fuming in the silence, then sank back down. "Sorry. Rough day. I thought I was over it, that I could be just like everyone else, and no one would notice. I've gotten pretty good at keeping up the act, using these clickers that another Rahkshi built into my armor and my Dodge powers. But when Tridax was talking about the decorations, I didn't know what they were. In all the noise of the other Rahkshi, I completely lost my echolocation, and... I panicked. I can't let them see I'm not as good as them. Once another Rahkshi or Tridax sees I'm no good, they won't have any use for me."

Suddenly, she laughed, a sad, choking laugh. "But why am I telling you all this? You're just as likely to turn me in as the rest of them."

IC: The Twins and Exxan.

Silencer slowly lowered the bag to the ground and made a show of backing away slowly while Illusive stood his ground. 

"I don't have time for this. You, get out of my way." Exxan snapped, jabbing an accusatory finger towards Fang. He used his vacuum powers to pull a glass ornament off a post and pull it towards him. Fang's head just happened to be between Exxan's hand and the object flying towards it. 

Unbeknownst to anyone, Silencer chose that moment to employ his own powers. The moment Exxan finished speaking, before he'd even launched his attack, Silencer had generated a small aura of silence around the group.

No one else would show up to intervene in this fight, because no one was going to be able to hear it. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC

Green is probably right, checking the homes is a good idea though.

"You can Floor take the houses on the west side, me and The Snake-Faced Kid will explore the east side, if you find any large storeroom looking areas, raid it. As for the houses. Maybe we should just ask the Matoran for their decorations."

...but close to it

Fang grunted as the glass bulb shattered against his headplate. It didn't hurt too much, but it sure made him mad.

"This is your last warning."

He raised the sword and got into a defensive position, eyes scanning for any other attacks.

OOC: You said Silencer stayed by the bag and backed off there. I'd assume one of them was supposed to be Illusive.

IC: Xara.

"Lights out," Xara sneered, drawing her swords. She lightly tapped a string of lights with the tip of her blade, generating an electric current that jolted from her hand, through the blades and into the lights. As the current passed through the vine, it flooded the lightstones with heat, causing them to shatter in explosive puffs of sparks. "I hope this plan of yours works," she added to Phogen.

IC Phogen

She was already yanking the lights off the building, gathering them up in a coil and signaling the two, large metal statues of Mata Nui to Omega. "I intend it to."

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: Squid

Squid strolled back into the main area, picking up worthy items. Ahead of him was the Rahkshi who had served as an information broker during the assassination assignment. His/her (?) name was Phogen, he recalled. He tapped his/her shoulder.

"Hello, you're Phogen, right?"

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC: (Wraith)

A shame, really. Chequars had held such promise.

Wraith melted into the shadows.One moment she was there, the next, she was...still there, but somehow unnoticeable...

The mysterious rahk appeared on the rooftop of the tallest nearby building less than a minute later, as insubstantial as smoke and almost completely hidden. If her team was this idiotic, she would have to do things herself.

Impassively, her face a mask, she leveled her energy staff at each of the team's leaders. Caoutchoc. Dodge. Exxan. Phogen.

Aiming efficiently and without emotion, she fired a bolt of concentrated heat and force at each of the team's leaders. The bolts would be near invisible at night, appearing as only a slight blur in the air. The bolts had enough power to shatter structure and splinter metal. They would fall.

Kathok

IC: Dodge-256

"Uh... You could still help carry stuff! I mean-DSKTOA#$(37@9?!"

As Didge was conversing with Hoto, they caught sight of a blur in the air. They had activated their ability but too late; their left leg, most of their pelvis, and a piece of their torso was blown clean off. "Ungh?!" Dodge was not one to feel strong emotions, but pain was different. They felt pain. Still, they tried to focus. "The shot came from somewhere over there..." Gritting their teeth, they pulled the bolt on their cannon and fired a shot back.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

Hoto gasped and sat up as Dodge cried out. Her echolocation was returning as the other Rahkshi moved further away, and she could tell something was wrong. Dodge's chassis was wrecked, but Hoto couldn't see what happened.

"I'll take you back to the infirmary," she said as she picked them up. She couldn't take them by herself, and she ended up dragging their remaining leg behind. She tried to fly, but the two were too heavy.

"Help! Dodge is hurt!" She couldn't wait for the rest of the team. She had to get Dodge to cover, and to the Infirmary as soon as possible. She broke down a door on the street, hoping there weren't any Matoran inside. She set Dodge on the bed, hoping someone would come by before they got worse.

Edited by Click

IC: Cragmak

As I stumble out of the birthing chamber thing and into the library, he looked around for other Rahkshi, hoping to find a tackling dummy.

OOC: Open for interaction!

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC Kat: hearing a distinctly Rahkshi sounding voice calling for help, I rush off in the direction it came from, abandoning the statue. Eventually, find the house where two dodge Rahkshi.... Actually, more like one and three quarters Rahkshi. One has had his leg blown off. This wasn't a matoran a work, one of the other students did this. Anger bubbles up inside me, and I ask the still standing rahk, "what the Karz happened?!"