Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Suvak counted heads as first the rescued victims and then the rescue party returned to the crawler. Not enough. They were missing members...He headed up top, mounting the Crawler's turret as he waited a few more moments. The last few members of the rescue part came in carrying their wounded...still not enough. He was trying to run the numbers in his head, trying to figure out how many more they were missing and where while still keeping an eye on the tree line for the-

And here they came.

It was one or two at first, the fastest running of the scouts. he picked them off with a couple of blasts, but the rest of the swarm would be following soon behind them. He didn't have enough rockets to exterminate a horde. Cursing in a dozen dialects of Zakaz he swung down into the head of the Crawler, sealing the hatches and kicking its motors into life. The machine-beast shuddered as it accelerated as quickly as it could, turning to flee into the waters.

"I want a record taken of who we've still got back there!" he barked through the speakers, "Who do we have left and who did we leave behind!"

OOC: And since this is getting wrapped up, everyone who took part in the Visorak excursion (and, you know, survived) has now levelled up. 

IC: "I sense a lull in the conversation," Grossh noted, "Would the four of you prefer to be returned to your home at this point?"

• Upvote 3

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Exxan - The Low Way.

There'd been too many of them, swarming to their Queen's rescue. An infinite, endless sea of spiders. I'd snatched up Fang's sword and mine, striking out with everything I had, but they just kept coming... I couldn't make it back to the Crawler. 

I headed for the tunnels of the Low Way, the Visorak surging after me like a black tide, with blazing yellow eyes and glittering silver pincers. Some stayed back with the Kahgarak, but most of them went after me, consumed by anger and hate, and blaming me for their Queen's wounds. 

Scrabbling over dirt and rock, I dropped down into the tunnels and started running. They were dark, even by Rahkshi standards. Within minutes the light was gone, and I was blundering blindly forwards through the tunnel, stumbling and tripping over myself in the dark, while the spiders used their mind reading to hunt me down. They were close behind, the close confines of the tunnels making it difficult for them to launch their rhotuka after me. 

And then, noise from up ahead, just as I'd predicted. There were Visorak already in the tunnels, and now the horde was coming at me from both directions. I'd told Fang and Sidonas as much: using the tunnels as an escape route would just get them trapped.

But I wasn't trying to escape. If I'm going down, I'm bringing as many of them as I can down with me... 

I called on the last vestiges of my power and struck out at the walls of the tunnel, lashing out with all of the power I could. The cavern trembled, dust and rock tumbling down from the ceiling, but the tunnel didn't collapse. No...

And then, as I sensed the probing pincers of the Visorak closing in, I felt an all-too-familiar surge of power through my body. One final level up, just when I needed it most... I breathed in, drawing all of the air out of the surrounding tunnels and absorbing its energy for one final, explosive blast of vacuum. This time, the tunnel walls crumbled, the ancient rock giving way and collapsing in a cascade of earth and stone, drowning out the frightened wails of the doomed Visorak.

I just hoped I'd managed to buy everyone enough time; that Fang had gotten everyone back to the Crawler. Otherwise, all of this would've been for nothing. I guess I won't be able to get his sword back to him after all... 

First pain, then darkness. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Sliver - Terrain Crawler.

The ground shook, rattling the Crawler. Through the windows, I saw plumes of dust in the distance, exploding out from the hidden offshoots of the Low Way tunnels. I knew what it meant: Exxan would never make it back to the Crawler.

I smiled. 

• Upvote 4

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Char - Hallways

Char looked to the others uncertainly. She had to complete her cover, though it did help she really didn't know where the Refectory was.

IC: Hoto - Malebranche

For some reason, it was relieving to hear Jayar say those words. Just a simple affirmation that she was good enough.

She didn't speak for a moment, just taking it all in. It sounded like Grossh felt the silence, though it wasn't uncomfortable for her. She turned back to face him again, still grinning slightly. "Yeah, maybe it is time," she said. She looked back to the others to see if they had any final remarks.

IC: Fang - Crawler

Every moment he could tear his eyes away from Kat, Fang was watching the door. The treeline outside was still and silent. No one else came.

Then, the black and orange carapaces of the Oohnorak appeared, giving him the slightest amount of hope before it was dashed to pieces within Visorak jaws. He visibly winced as the door sealed and Suvak came back.

"Exxan is still out there," he told Suvak breathlessly. He still couldn't believe it himself.

• Upvote 1

IC: Dakilik

Dakilik shrugged and walked inside the infirmary. He looked around for a healer.

OoC: Looking for Palma, U6. Open to interaction.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC: Nightmare

Nightmare was on the ceiling of his Cave, watching a Rodent that Walked into the cave.

Nightmare hung on to a handhold with one hand, knife in the other, he threw the throwing knife at the itty bitty Rahi, who was Quickly decapitated. Nightmare then dropped to the floor, he walked outside the cave, and started collecting logs. 

IC: Raith - Library

IC: Nymph (Library)

i swear i use your ears more than you do

Prove it.

shes talking to you right now

Which "she"?

sharp

Oh, very funny. Since when did you know the names of musical notes?

Oh wait, are you actually being serious?

what do you think, genius?

I look up at the other Rahkshi, eyes bleary and unseeing.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Raith - Library

"Nymph." I say, coming a little closer. "It's OK. You're safe here..." I repeat. I just hope that he won't 'freak out' like before.

IC: Torch - Nynrah

I start work on another hut, but a metal disc impacts my shoulder from behind, flinging me to the ground. In an instant, I feel deathly cold envelop the point of impact, creeping up my arm and numbing my nerves...I try to stand, and another disc smashes clean through the tops of my spines. I screech as the pain spikes through my body, the pain and fear turning to anger which fuels me with blind strength.

IC: Snake - Library

In an instant I'm re-forming behind the knife-wielder. I wear a slightly annoyed grin, saying: "What the bloody karz d'ya think your doin', mate?" My trusty shortswords are drawn.

Kathok

IC Kat:

Kat passed out as the Crawler began tending her injuries.

Sedatives kept her under in a deep unconscious, though there was little that could be done for her broken bones, the smaller cuts scrapes and contusions were easily dealt with.

The dent in her chest all but disappeared as the many arms of the medical functions ran over her.

The paint on most of her torso and carapace had worn away, exposing the gunmetal armor beneath.

Edited by Chumpu

IC: Shock

Shock turned around to see Torch frozen. Nope. Shock turned around, reverted to flight mode, and flew straight at the matoran. Too late, the matoran turned. Said matoran took a foot too the face, shattering his mask. Shock then reverted back, and loaded a Zamor in the Launcher, charging it. He then shot a matoran, paralyzing it. Shock rushed and stabbed the matoran. He then shouted, "Let's get out of this ####### place!" A matoran hit him with a disk. Suddenly, he was in a different place- and a building collapsed near him. A burning piece of wood hit him in the back. Shouting, he stopped, dropped, and rolled. His back burned and ached." RUN, RAHKSHI, RUN!" He yelled.

Edited by Wielder-of-Shadow

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC: Vlad / Hallways

Matoran cradled in his arms, Vlad followed behind Xara, careful not to jolt his unconscious charge any more than the absolute minimum possible. Being allied with Xara had some benefits, at least - that same formidable reputation that made working with her such a fearsome prospect would also surely serve to dissuade anyone from getting any funny ideas about messing with this unfortunate villager. Or the creepy Rahk carrying him.

IC: Shark / Crawler

So much was going on around the secretly conscious Silence Rahkshi! It was almost impossible to keep up with it all... almost. But Shark was very, very good at listening.

So Exxan remained? Fascinating - 

Suddenly shivering spasms began to wrench his body, starting with his torso and working through his arms and legs. And... mucus? Urgh... the posion must be having some sort of resurgence... He lay back in bed, hoping no one would notice anything had happened. He should be feeling horrible, shouldn't he? But he didn't. He felt better than he had for a while now. Not quite as good as his best, but somehow better than it at the same time... Had he leveled up?

He had! Good! Not that his ego was delighted, but simply because killing would be easier now... though possibly not, if many others leveled up out of this excursion. Had they? He remained motionless once more, silent, listening, for what shouts of joy might would herald that others had experienced the same sensation.

IC: Jayar / House of Grossh

"I'm ready," agreed Jayar with a nod. He knew of little left to do in Malebranche, and as long as the Rahkshi were here, they were here together... including Phogen, it would seem. Back at the school it would be easier to distance himself from that disturbing presence, he suspected.

...Well, physically, at least. It would be nigh impossible to escape Phogen's influence, he had already come to that conclusion.

Even so, it would be nice to return to the closest thing to home he had.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC Kat:

I awoke, a surge of power ripping through me.

I sat bolt upright, a cold sweat pouring from my broken body, as fear radiated from me in waves of red energy.

And a howling scream tore from my throat as spasms threatened to break more of my body.

Finally it ended and I collapsed back onto the bed.

Level 5...

Couldn't have waited until I was less almost dead, huh?

Fang watched the Crawler's many arms intently as they did their work. Kat was out, but that was probably for the best. She was still breathing at least.

His thoughts wandered to the one they had left behind. There wasn't time to find Exxan. The Visorak would have killed them all. Exxan was dead, or he would be very soon. And Fang couldn't help feeling it was his fault.

"Don't... Don't go looking for revenge," Kat had whispered just before the sedatives took effect. Had he... been trying to get rid of Exxan, by leaving him behind...

Kat suddenly jumped to life, emanating power and a horrific scream. Fang pushed himself back as far as the seat would allow, fighting the urge to lose consciousness again. At last, it was all over, and Kat sank back down again. Fang let out a gasp of held breath and tried to relax. It had been just like last time. Kat had just leveled up. "Well," he burst out, still trying to catch his breath, "that was... sudden."

For a moment, he resented her for it. That would place her two levels above him. He couldn't help being jealous, even if he felt she deserved it more than he. But he too could feel the new power swelling through him, his armor smoking and burning into the seat. He coughed into a hand and tried to wipe away the mucus before anyone saw. That's a little better...

IC: Rain - Crawler

Back in a forgotten corner of the Crawler, a lone Kraata lay on a bed, her lifeblood slowly leaking onto the pristine sheets. In the haste to get everyone back, she had been left untended, her armor remaining within the jungle. No one would see her final moments. No one would care, either.

For a while, Rain's only connection with the world was the soft rush of waves from outside the door. Their familiar sound calmed her, and gently brought her away from life. Then that too was taken, and the Crawler descended beneath the waves. Her weak breath caught for a moment, then grew softer and softer until it was almost indistinguishable.

Suddenly, the Kraata swelled with life and took a deep breath, though her eyes did not open. She coughed and a thin trail of mucus leaked from her mouth. She had leveled up as well, and the burst of power might give her enough time to make it to Palma. Rain might live to paint another day.

Edited by Click

IC: Sidonas - Crawler

Sidonas looked out at the tree line, until the door shut, that is. "Exxan is still out there, what are we-" Sidonas was cut off by a feeling that shot through him. A rush of power and energy that filled his whole person. He felt not tired and weak, but stonger, even better than that. "Woah...I feel stronger..is this what leveling up feels like? Am I level 3..?" Sidonas had to stop for a moment, then got back on track after hearing Suvak ask for a headcount. "We still have Rahkshi back there! Are we going back for them? Are we going to send some able Rahks?"

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

IC Caoutchouc

Deep in a drug, mental trauma, physical trauma and exhaustion induced sleep, the only symptoms of the rubberahk's evolution was a somewhat comical drool of mucus from his lolling mouth an a general relaxation of his muscles. A gradual shift from the tension of pain and immobility to the looseness of health and fluidity.

He had lived to fight another day.

To what end, it was not known. Up to now, our elastic fighter had held a rather naive, if admirable sense of self and the world. The world was a simple place, he fought because he found it fun and had striven to better himself for similar reasons. Wasn't the simplicity of a good fight and the joy of becoming stronger a reasonable end to his means all by themselves? Did he need purpose? Perhaps he would, perhaps he would lose his besotted view of combat.

His eventual reaction of the loss of Exxan was likely to be similarly confused. He had lived in a world with some friends, some rivals, but no one he had truly called an enemy, no one he had lost. Omega's death had been on the fringe, the deaths of other students and their trials and revenants existing as background noise and characters, was a single tree in the distance being uprooted really something to take note of? But, he had seen Exxan survive many trials and dangers, yet now, as quickly as that, he was gone. Between that and his one achingly close scrap with death, he would be forced to take stock of the realities of combat, to cast off his childish and naive views of it. As he had continually matured in body, soon he would have to mature in mind.

• Upvote 4

...but close to it

IC Vaalku

Agh, for the love of...

While the annoying musical Nazi was distracted, Vaalku slipped into a one-handed wheelchair(the only one there) and quietly rolled out into the hall. Perhaps he could reinforce the front of it, maybe ram Deadeye if he came near. That thought soon became too pleasurable. He wheeled his way on.

OOC: Open to interaction.

IC:

The stars hung in the sky overhead, day and night, without end. How in Makuta they stayed and did that was beyond his knowledge. Of course, it must be their overwhelming power. Doubting a Makuta would probably kill yah.

Then again, perhaps it was the fabled Mata Nui. He was very important to the universe, or so he heard. Still, It was best not to Doubt him either, in case he rained lightning on him or something. And the Matoran living here, he hoped they were friendly. Maybe they aren't. Maybe they kill every Rahk that comes around. Never Doubt a Matoran, then. They might kill yah as well.

And the other Rahks... How were they? were they all fierce and violent? were some nice and friendly? He didn't want to break any necks. They might cut his head off if he wasn't careful. Shouldn't Doubt them either.

But... What about him?

Flying in through the open causeway, the bulky Rahk skidded down the floor, sparks flying now and then. He stood to his full height, letting his metal ball hit the floor with a thunk. No, they shouldn't Doubt him.

Doubt might kill yah.

OOC: Doubt open to interaction.

IC: Xara - Empty Dorm Wing.

"Okay, we're here," I opened the door to one of the empty dorms and gestured for the others to carry the injured Matoran inside. "Now that we're here, we've got to decide what to do with.... it." I pointed at the Matoran. 

IC: Era - Terrain Crawler.

Some people's level ups were noisy, or explosive, or painful. Mine were always surprisingly quiet. The power surged through me, but I never made a sound. It was everything else around me that got louder, as I adjusted to my more sensitive abilities. 

The level up left me feeling empty; I have all of this new power, and no idea what to do with it...

"What happened?" I walked up to the two rahks who'd known Exxan - what were their names again? I couldn't even remember - and did my best to seem worried. "Where's my brother?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Stronghold and Punch/Crawler

Punch was applying gauze to Stronghold's Kraata when Stronghold began spasming for a while and Punch realized that Stronghold had leveled up. Punch had been crying inside before, but the movement showed that Stronghold was still alive.

IC: Alpha/Crawler

I sat down and waited to leave.

IC: Venom - Hallways

"That it is," the Rahkshi of Anger stated simply. "That it is."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Fang jumped to Kat's side, boosted by his new rush of power. His hands fidgeted uncertainly as he tried to decide how to help. "Are you... alright?" he asked softly.

Sliver walked up to the pair, but Fang couldn't face her. She never seemed to show much care for Exxan previously, but they were siblings. Maybe she was feeling a bit of the same guilt that burdened him. "I... I told Exxan to delay the Visorak... while we got to safety," he sighed. "I'm... sorry, but... I don't think he made it out."

IC: Vlad / Empty Dorm Wing

This was where she intended to hide the Matoran? It was just... another hallway. With just another set of dorms and classrooms. It didn't exactly seem all that covert a hiding place if anyone could walk in as they just had. And... it?

"Are you certain zat zis place vill be safe for him?" he asked, consciously phrasing the sentence to allow for the inclusion of a gendered pronoun. "It doesn't seem very... hidden."

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

"Don't be sorry," I was elated, "He got what he deserved, especially after what he did to your friend." 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Xara - Empty Dorm Wing.

"We're only keeping it here until we think of somewhere better," I explained quickly, "this is the least-visited part of the school, so it should be safe enough for now." 

IC: Mortsia

Mortsia nodded solemnly. He then swung in, jumped down, and pulled up the blankets. "He needs rest," Mortsia said.

IC: Vitesse

Vitesse nodded. "Do you, by any chance, know of a teleportation Rahk?" Vitesse kept the question vague, as these two may be violent to little matoran. She really could not trust anybody at this school right off the bat.

Edited by Wielder-of-Shadow

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

"Okay..." I stepped back, confused by the other rahk's sudden animosity. 

IC: Venom - Hallways

"Can't say that I do," she said, shaking her head. "Why?"

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.