Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

In the horizon, she saw two ships, but no one attacking them. On the beach, however, she spotted two pairs of glowing eyes and two familiar body shapes. What were they doing, sitting idly? Their work wasn't finished yet!

Oh dear... I've been writing under the assumption all of the ships were already destroyed, though I suppose I never specified exactly, so it's kind of my fault... Shark wouldn't have just been sitting around if there were still Matoran afloat, though, because he knows there might be trouble with Gorast and others for inaction. So this is an inconsistency I'd like to get resolved. :confused:

So, can we just chalk it up to temporal weirdness, say Holistic had already sunk the two other ships by the time Shark got Rain to shore? I think this would be easiest, and require the least editing - I would just request you change this bit I've quoted to remove reference to Shark and Rain's inaction, leaving their relative positions in time adequately flexible. If that doesn't work, then I guess we'll have to work out something more involved.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Shark / Phantom-On-The-Water

The massive Rahkshi of Silence shrugged. "Most are dead anyways," he assured her. "I guess we just wait for Gorast to express satisfaction and send us back to Corpus."

Seems like Shark doesn't really care if there are Matoran left

Well, again, when I wrote that I was under the impression that there really weren't any left ("Most are dead anyways"), at least not on the boats. Click and I agreed on Skype that there were probably only two or three boats (and Shark took care of three), and I suppose I foolishly forgot that you couldn't know about that. So I am sorry.

But if I had known there were to be remaining vessels, I would have had Shark back out there sinking them as soon as he had dropped Rain off on the beach. Killing Matoran isn't worth much to Shark, but if a boat full of them gets away on his watch - or even possibly he fails to assist in its destruction - he knows there will be trouble with Gorast.

Again, I apologize for this. I admit that it stems primarily from poor communication on my part. But I'd still very much appreciate just a small edit as described above, so I can avoid Shark getting in trouble IC for a mistake I made OOC.

Ok, so I asked around, and apparently there isn't anyone taking care of the dead bodies that have been piling up over the rpg. So in light of that, I have decided to make a character for the job. Meet Helkyre.

Name: Helkyre

Variation: Teleportation

Level: 2

Gear: Various embalming tools, as well as a shovel for digging graves. She also has a chisel and hammer for marking gravestones.

Appearance: She is quite skinny, but otherwise looks normal... well, at least her right half. Her entire left half, split from the right by what seems to be a fine line (not an actual line), looks withered and decayed, almost as if it has been burnt, rusted, corroded and all other manners of destruction, leaving her looking like she's half alive half dead.

Personality: She is very cold and distant to other people, and if they get in her way in the slightest, she can be quite rude to them. She has a deep respect for the dead, and will go lengths to see that they are honored, regardless of who they were when alive.

Bio: Little is known of her past before Corpus Rahkshi, but she arrived very recently after the arrival of Icarax and Gorast. No-one knows why half of her body looks like it does, and when approached, she will either walk or teleport away from the conversation without a word.

Hope there's nothing here that's objectionable.

Well, the first batch included a Kane-Ra horn and plenty of obscure weaponry. A sonic cabasa seems fun to me.

...I'm beginning to notice a trend here. Sonic horn, sonic bow, sonic cabasa. Ultron, you love your sonic booms.

Well it allows for considerable impacts and splash damage, something which a lot of Rahkshi lack even if they're level 6, without all the pesky after effects (like fireballs and shrapnel) that a regular explosion has. Essentially it gives you a nice and powerful weapon without making it insta-lethal or too OP

Name: Helkyre

Variation: Teleportation

Level: 2

Gear: Various embalming tools, as well as a shovel for digging graves. She also has a chisel and hammer for marking gravestones.

Appearance: She is quite skinny, but otherwise looks normal... well, at least her right half. Her entire left half, split from the right by what seems to be a fine line (not an actual line), looks withered and decayed, almost as if it has been burnt, rusted, corroded and all other manners of destruction, leaving her looking like she's half alive half dead.

Personality: She is very cold and distant to other people, and if they get in her way in the slightest, she can be quite rude to them. She has a deep respect for the dead, and will go lengths to see that they are honored, regardless of who they were when alive.

Bio: Little is known of her past before Corpus Rahkshi, but she arrived very recently after the arrival of Icarax and Gorast. No-one knows why half of her body looks like it does, and when approached, she will either walk or teleport away from the conversation without a word.

Eh, could there be a bit more to the bio? Just when we get these enigmatic types it always seems a bit like a license to add any detail or skill you need later down the line

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Death and destruction, really. The Rahkshi have invaded Phantom-on-the-Water in full force, with Grim leading the charge. The rebellion is continuing to escape, And Rail, Dormirahk, and Numlef are planning on stopping the massacre. There are a few Rahkshi who are just wandering around the school.

Actually, Rail's group is attempting to evacuate as many Matoran from the village as they can while staying undetected.

Trying to stop the massacre entirely would mean putting them in direct confrontation with the other students and Gorast, which would be a lot more suicidal than what they're trying to do now.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Eh, could there be a bit more to the bio? Just when we get these enigmatic types it always seems a bit like a license to add any detail or skill you need later down the line

I can assure you that her body being like that is meant purely as a cosmetic element.

What does backstory have to do with anything? I didn't have any backstory for my other characters, and they were fine. Seriously, I'm not one to pull something out of my behind and use secret backstory as an excuse.

Your other characters were described as new. They didn't have much backstory written down because there simply wasn't that much backstory to be written. Helkyre is different. She has a backstory, you just haven't explained or revealed it. I've started questioning that more with other profiles, why wouldn't I do the same here? If I didn't apply the same standards to everyone, what would be the point?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

That is a fair point, but I think it would be best if this were to be looked at as a noodle incident. No-one knows what happened, and if the character is asked what happened, they shy away from answering it, because the subject makes them uncomfortable. I promise you that I am not ever going to be using her un-revealed backstory as justification for some crazy a**pulling, so if it would be alright with you, her backstory staying unspoken would be much preferred. Besides, I haven't actually made anything up for it, so it's not like that's a thing. I just... don't have any intention of doing something with that backstory. She's here now, in the school, and that's all that matters. Her half-decayed body is simply a cosmetic thing I wanted to make for her, and the whole "not talking about it" is simply what I thought would be a reasonable thing to add. 

Since when has Gorast been watching if the Rahkshi are killing Matoran? As long as you didn't completely ignore her orders and leave, I don't think she cares.

How busy is the discussion? I left it some time ago because the hundreds of messages lagged my skype to ######

I can't vouch that the discussion is going to be less prolific anytime soon. But I'll try to put more effort into keeping people updated on important decisions from now on.

As for Gorast, though, I'm fairly sure she's paying at least some attention to the Rahkshi down below, and the way it is now Shark and Rain will look to be lazy or distracted from the assignment when in reality they were written as having completed it. And I'm worried about the off chance that this apparent laziness/ignorance will result unfairly in Gorast dispensing either punishment, or a reward less than what they would otherwise have received.

Maybe I'm being worried about nothing here, but I'm still going to ask you once more for a minor edit just in case, merely removing reference to the inaction of Shark and Rain.

If you want to keep her past hidden, you could always just PM not-Ultron her past, so nobody would know except him, just to make sure. It's just a precaution, so your character does pull some skill out. You might not, but it has happened before.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

How busy is the discussion? I left it some time ago because the hundreds of messages lagged my skype to ######

Still very busy, and unfortunately a lot of that business is off-topic spam from a certain number of players who probably already know who they are, and as such shall remain nameless. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

If there's legitimately no backstory to actually reveal, why not have her be newly created like Dormirahk and Aerahk? Why even hint at something shady in her background?

Because something did happen to make her like that, she wasn't just born like it. But that incident isn't relevant anymore, and thus I decided to make it a "noodle incident".

If you want to keep her past hidden, you could always just PM not-Ultron her past, so nobody would know except him, just to make sure. It's just a precaution, so your character does pull some skill out. You might not, but it has happened before.

Well, if it would clear this whole thing up, then alright, I guess I could do that.

Well, since my character is in there too, I should probably chime in about those boats. It's true that we agreed that the Matoran probably only had two or three boats in the harbor. They wouldn't really have a need for more, as the Nynrans are not known as a seafaring people and they allow other species to do their delivering. And Phantom-On-The-Water is not exactly a main town. Unfortunately, we neglected to inform you of that. The only mention of the possibility of only three boats was in this post:

IC: Shark / Seas

After retrieving Faithful, Shark stood and turned his gaze back out to the turbulent waters. The other two boats had already almost completely sunk beneath the waves, as had most of the Matoran. And Rain and Holistic.

And we both apologize for the lack of communication.

This seems like a small issue and only requires a small edit on your part. The only reason we take issue with it is because our character's reactions hinge on the idea that all other boats have been eradicated. If they were not, things would have been very different. Yes, Rain would still be shot. Shark probably would save her. But they definitely wouldn't sit on the beach while there are Matoran to kill. To do so would not only make them appear lazy and disloyal, but it would go against their very characters.

Johnrahk has proposed a small and simple edit that would resolve the issue quite nicely. Otherwise, we'll all have to go through multiple posts to rectify the timeline.

IC: Shark / Phantom-On-The-Water

The massive Rahkshi of Silence shrugged. "Most are dead anyways," he assured her. "I guess we just wait for Gorast to express satisfaction and send us back to Corpus."

Seems like Shark doesn't really care if there are Matoran left

This was under the assumption that most of the Matoran he had fought were dead or dying in the water. Considering the survivors are likely injured, stuck on a piece of driftwood and trapped between a hurricane and an army of Rahkshi, their chances of survival are negligible. But if they had another two boats, there is a possibility of their survival and escape, something Gorast would be unhappy about.

• Upvote 2

Fine, no need to write an essay, I'll retcon stuff

Tekivätpä ne pikku kärpäsestä hemmetinmoisen härkäsen, hemmetti vieköön..

Porque?

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Dang it, I leave for one week and I miss the next assignment! I'll just send all of my Rahks into the Gym and leave them there until someone walks up to them... or have a cool fight. Yay. :(

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

We may never know.

Life is full of mysteries, after all...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Dan is probably laughing his head off at us right now...

Dang it, I leave for one week and I miss the next assignment! I'll just send all of my Rahks into the Gym and leave them there until someone walks up to them... or have a cool fight. Yay. :(

What's even more sad about this is that if you came back two days earlier and sent all of your characters to the gym, you would've been around to see Venom get banished and possibly could've got in on Rail's suicidal quest to save some of the Matoran.

I'm sure there will be other interesting stuff to do later on, though, so don't beat yourself up too badly over it.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

You can't really use an internet translator to find out what I wrote, because it's a saying that doesn't make sense unless you're familiar with it. I'm not going to reveal what I said.

And sorry Kovika, I don't talk spanish, I just googled the word in order to find out what it meant. I do talk swedish and russian, though

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

No one speaks latin; it's a dead language. 

Apparently no one here can take a joke, either...

Here ye, here ye, stop the Latin fight! As someone who has taken a year of Latin, I am now Grandmaster of Latin in this forum, and hereby say that Nato's joke is funny! So let it be written, so let it be done! :P

What's even more sad about this is that if you came back two days earlier and sent all of your characters to the gym, you would've been around to see Venom get banished and possibly could've got in on Rail's suicidal quest to save some of the Matoran.

I'm sure there will be other interesting stuff to do later on, though, so don't beat yourself up too badly over it.

Yeah, I had minimal access to a computer then, actually. If I would have actually done something, I could have joined the quest. Oh well, what's done is done.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran