Bionicle Mafia XX: Hail the Mad King

Ehksidian

I suspected something like this would happen... And it's an immense relief that it did. Unless I'm very much mistaken, the odds are much better for the Village now.

Um... not really.

If you count the King and Prince as anti-town roles, then we started the game playing against two people.

Now we're playing against, what? Four or five? And with less players overall. Things have just gone downhill real fast.

E: Just checked, it's four. Unless mysterious person is also bad.

Edited by CHRIS PRATT

I suspected something like this would happen... And it's an immense relief that it did. Unless I'm very much mistaken, the odds are much better for the Village now.

Um... not really.

If you count the King and Prince as anti-town roles, then we started the game playing against two people.

Now we're playing against, what? Four or five? And with less players overall. Things have just gone downhill real fast.

We've got a fixed amount of adversaries, who can only kill once per night. Consequently, a failed lynching is far more forgiving.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I feel like I should apologize to Portalfig. I've come to the realization that I'm not really mad at him for giving up. I was just using him as a scapegoat to hide, from myself, really, the fact that I just haven't been enjoying BZP Mafia that much anymore. I can't really say when it began to become less and less exciting, and ultimately boring, to me, or why, but I don't really recall enjoying much of anything this age. Maybe I've outgrown it. Maybe I've just started to hate being a Villager, so much so that games are boring when I am one, and every setback is disenchanting when I'm something special. Or maybe it's just because things aren't like they used to be, back in the good old days when I first started playing. Regardless of the why, the simple matter is that I haven't, and it's been wrong of me to keep trying the same old thing, when that clearly doesn't work anymore.

This may sound like a resignation; like I'm quitting BZP Mafia for good. It is, in fact, just the opposite. I'm going to finish this game as a matter of principle, and also because it is truly ehksellent. Then, if XXI is interesting, I might play that, too. But when it comes time for XXII, is when I sink or swim. I will either evolve BZP Mafia into something I enjoy, or evolve myself back into a person that enjoys it. And if I don't, then I will leave, having used that game to make sure that I am not remembered as Burn the Moody Quitter, but as the guy that made the most fun game of Mafia in recent memory.

That is my mission: To make XXII the most fun game ever. Work will begin on it shortly, and continue through this game and the next. I will say nothing of it until then, except for this: Everyone will be something. Also, there will be a role that causes everyone else's deaths to be extremely violent. Literally. While that role is alive, deaths will be nightmarish, and if it dies, they'll be normal afterwards.

So, I'll see you all later. I'm gonna go watch a Christmas movie or two, then, if the scene's not up yet, I'm gonna start writing up some humorously gruesome deaths in advance.

• Upvote 10

Um... not really.

We've got a fixed amount of adversaries, who can only kill once per night. Consequently, a failed lynching is far more forgiving.

That's actually a fair point you raise, since we can only lynch one player at a time.

I feel like I should apologize to Portalfig. I've come to the realization that I'm not really mad at him for giving up. I was just using him as a scapegoat to hide, from myself, really, the fact that I just haven't been enjoying BZP Mafia that much anymore. I can't really say when it began to become less and less exciting, and ultimately boring, to me, or why, but I don't really recall enjoying much of anything this age. Maybe I've outgrown it. Maybe I've just started to hate being a Villager, so much so that games are boring when I am one, and every setback is disenchanting when I'm something special. Or maybe it's just because things aren't like they used to be, back in the good old days when I first started playing. Regardless of the why, the simple matter is that I haven't, and it's been wrong of me to keep trying the same old thing, when that clearly doesn't work anymore.

This may sound like a resignation; like I'm quitting BZP Mafia for good. It is, in fact, just the opposite. I'm going to finish this game as a matter of principle, and also because it is truly ehksellent. Then, if XXI is interesting, I might play that, too. But when it comes time for XXII, is when I sink or swim. I will either evolve BZP Mafia into something I enjoy, or evolve myself back into a person that enjoys it. And if I don't, then I will leave, having used that game to make sure that I am not remembered as Burn the Moody Quitter, but as the guy that made the most fun game of Mafia in recent memory.

That is my mission: To make XXII the most fun game ever. Work will begin on it shortly, and continue through this game and the next. I will say nothing of it until then, except for this: Everyone will be something. Also, there will be a role that causes everyone else's deaths to be extremely violent. Literally. While that role is alive, deaths will be nightmarish, and if it dies, they'll be normal afterwards.

So, I'll see you all later. I'm gonna go watch a Christmas movie or two, then, if the scene's not up yet, I'm gonna start writing up some humorously gruesome deaths in advance.

I'm going to suggest that the nightmarish death role out themselves immediately so that we do not devolve back to normal deaths

• Upvote 2

Aw, man. My Pyro didn't stay? ;-;

*holds little flame plushy in my grave closer, sobs dramatically*

@Burn: I sent you something on steam, but I will mention here the reason why I did suicide, because I don't think I made that very clear earlier. =P

The arguments were getting a little too real for my tastes, and seemed like it was just going to keep escalating. The only thing I could see that I could do to stop it was to just make it all null and void and kill myself. I would rather everybody still be happy and friends then win the game, to be honest. And that may not have happened if I didn't step in, but idk. It seemed like just killing myself would lead to a more enjoyable game so *shrug*

I forgive ya, though, it's all good man. 

Now time to ghostly analyze every scene to find this Mafia and 

well

probably not share my findings with anyone

muahahahaha

• Upvote 2

Aw, man. My Pyro didn't stay? ;-;

*holds little flame plushy in my grave closer, sobs dramatically*

@Burn: I sent you something on steam, but I will mention here the reason why I did suicide, because I don't think I made that very clear earlier. =P

The arguments were getting a little too real for my tastes, and seemed like it was just going to keep escalating. The only thing I could see that I could do to stop it was to just make it all null and void and kill myself. I would rather everybody still be happy and friends then win the game, to be honest. And that may not have happened if I didn't step in, but idk. It seemed like just killing myself would lead to a more enjoyable game so *shrug*

I forgive ya, though, it's all good man. 

Now time to ghostly analyze every scene to find this Mafia and 

well

probably not share my findings with anyone

muahahahaha

Share your findings with me, King. I served you loyally

even though I was secretly plotting your demise as soon as I could get Blade and I turned Pyro

Hm. The King is dead.

...anyone else suddenly having a great sense of needing democracy? Because democracy sounds better than the Prince..

well

that depends on the Village but

maybe then we won't be murdering each other for no better reason than someone got murdered last night! :D

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

I kinda figured you would but 

I just wanted to kill the prince dangit and I figured I could get you do help me with that before you would kill me. xD

I would have probably killed the Prince before you, since I was waiting to become Pyro, and Burn still needed to become Pyro, as did Blade, which meant at least three rounds of waiting =P

Out of curiosity, were Tyler, Shadowhawk, and third-night-pyro allied with Portal too?

I wasn't directly allied with anybody or anything. I favor the lone wolf approach. Social interactions give me headaches; it's much easier to just kill everyone and be done with it.
I like that mentality.
  • Upvote 2

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Social interactions give me headaches; it's much easier to just kill everyone and be done with it.

gee i should have made you the prince.

/joke

Honestly, Shadowhawk would have been an amazing Prince. 

which would mean the Prince died round 2

which makes me sad because then i couldn't do de tweest.

Edited by 2nd Lt. Jean Havoc

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Eh. Whatever happens, this has certainly been an interesting game with the way things were set up. I'd even say it was Ehksciting.

I'm just glad we managed to all avoid crucifying ourselves (probably on a crux decussata, given the creator of this game) and were instead able to pull out of the mess just a page before in a relatively mature manner.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Social interactions give me headaches; it's much easier to just kill everyone and be done with it.

/joke

but can he sing? I mean, that's the most definitive key of being Prince.

/joke

THERE IS HE

PRINCE MOST SHADY

RUINED OUR VILLLLLLLLAGE

• Upvote 5

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Oh yes, most certainly. ;)

It's really irrelevant now but I was mildly interested to know. I could go back and examine the scene but I don't want to waste the time on it right now, since we've got a whole new actual Mafia to deal with. :P

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

/joke

IN WEST GAMES-AND-TRIVIA BORN AND RAISED

ON THE FORUM WAS WHERE I SPENT MOST OF MY DAYS

CHILLIN OUT, MAXIN, RELAXIN ALL COOL

AND ALL SHOOTIN QP OUTSIDE OF THE SCHOOL

WHEN A COUPLE OF MAFIA WHO WERE UP TO NO GOOD

STARTED MAKING TROUBLE IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD

I GOT IN ONE LITTLE NEUTRAL ROLE AND PORTAL GOT SCARED

HE SAID 'YOU'RE GONNA BE A PYRO AND YOU'RE NOT GETTIN SPARED'

-Tyler

• Upvote 12

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

/joke

-Tyler

THAT IS THE BEST THING! EVER!!

bBhcfWO.png

/joke

-Tyler

THAT IS THE BEST THING! EVER!!

That is so freaking awesome. I approve. xP

/joke

-Tyler

It took me longer than I care to admit to get this reference.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.