BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Xara (Tonitrui) - The Spine.

"And who the karz are you?" Another Bionifighter, if I recalled correctly. "Wait.... aren't you the moron who shot the Enforcer in the face?" my weapon swept around to point at him. 

Edited by Locus

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Riss just gently laughed, a melodious sound, and held Nisaduf tighter against her. She wasn't going to admit it just yet, but she'd been hoping they could do this at some point. What with how cute Nisaduf was and all...

Riss' cheeks grew a bit brighter as she found herself blushing.

IC: Halken made a leaping grab for his container of food, managing to snag it from the air successfully, but at the price of falling on his side and smacking against a rock in the process. Still, he laughed, and held the still intact pod up, proclaiming loudly that he had succeeded.

IC: "Oh really?" Venix sniped back "Because from where I am, it'd be better to call him loser!"

• Upvote 1

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

(IC as Agion, knowledge sector >>> engineering)

--Dangit, Agion, what are you thinking?  Engineering has nothing but scrap to build from and you're stuck on this island.  You want a mech?  You might as well try to grow wings.--

--An interesting thought, that, I thought to myself.

My other mental voice groaned in frustration.  --Can you be serious for once?--

--Give me a situation that remotely makes sense and I'll give you my serious side, I countered.  Another groan.

Apparently there WAS a way out of the facility.  I thought we were stuck in this sealed cube with a giant arena in it.  Not so, as some fighters had made it outside into the world beyond.  Some took the obvious route of locating a hole in the wall and going through it.  I was looking for more subtle passages I could use to escape once I was out of immediate danger.

In order to get to that relative safety, though, the whole facility needed repaired... apparently.  The very thing that was keeping me prisoner was the very thing I had to fix to save my life, and who knows how many others.  Oh, the irony.

Or I could just stay.  That would be simple.  I could disguise myself as a normal Nui-Jaga and live like an ordinary Rahi, and in all probability the inhabitants would leave me alone.

--And are you just going to leave the rest of them there? said my voice.

--If you're trying to make me feel bad about ditching a bunch of violent psychopaths it will not work.--

--Is that what you think about Aeolus?--

He did get me out of the med bay, that one time...

If we were going to have any shot at survival, we would have to work together.  Team up.  Make allies.  If anything, find what on earth needed fixing with the place.

I knocked on the door to Engineering.  "Hello?  I'm looking for the chief engineer, Dreisen?  I'm Agion.  I'll help in any way I can."

(OOC: Looking for adventures and trying to talk to Dreisen.  What exactly does need fixing in the facility?)

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Kale Ironshaper- Engineering

IC: Kale looked up at the sound of clapping coming from the back.

It was Dorian.

Of course it was Dorian.

With a thought the odd knife currently floating in front of Kale spun it's hilt towards the Fe-Toa and shot forward. Kale knew that Dorian would catch it, but when a knife started cutting light you went that extra step to make sure nobody you liked got hit by the pointy bits.

"That sounds like the end of the questions. On to the first order of business. We need to know what it's going to take to fix the teleporter. And since Dreisen has been the one working on it the most he seems like the best place to start. I just saw him heading into his office."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Daedalus Drachoren

Upon entering Dreisen's office, Daedalus had taken up a position by the door, keeping his ears tuned to the activity outside. He figured that if Dreisen didn't want to be bothered by anyone else, the least he could do was warn Dreisen if anyone was coming. At the moment, no one was, but Daedalus did overhear Kale's words.

"Uh, just so you are aware, Dreisen," Daedalus said, "I think you may have a few people about ready to come talk to you. I'm pretty sure that guy in there just mentioned your name, and he knows you are in here."

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: Virse - The Spine

Virse remained cool as the large cannon pointed her way. She had nothing to hide, after all. "It was my mask," she said, indicating it. "I was able to slip away by turning to sand."

IC: Snese - Containment Center

Even his rapid teleportation wasn't enough to get him away from that blast, and Snese was sent reeling back. His hovering upper half went spinning comically, trailing the greenish virus of his insides.

This Toa was proving more difficult to capture than he had anticipated, but he could not fail his Lady. He did not like to imagine what would happen if he let one of the intruders wreak havoc with their Containment Center and get away with it.

With a burst of shadow, he was back inside the room with her, now waiting by the door. Let's see how far she'll go to escape...

IC(Ismekne): The water Toa saw the virus cloud's spinning, and then teleportation behind her. Real intelligent. He probably thought he could trap her in the gap or something. Or maybe he would try to chase her out. 

Or maybe he was trying to fool her. He could teleport pretty fast, enough to do so right on top of her once she cleared the gap. She wondered why he hadn't done that before. Toying with her, perhaps. He thought this was fun?

Briefly she thought of fooling him and crashing through the other wall, leaving a huge trail of destruction in her wake. It did have an appeal. But he probably wasn't the only enemy here, and he was bad enough in the annoyance department. Bringing this entire place down on her head wasn't a good idea. 

"I SAID, NO MORE FUNNY BUSINESS!" the Ga-Toa yelled, a water spout forming underneath the ground in front of the gap. "IF YOU DON'T TAKE ME TO YOUR LADY RIGHT NOW, I WILL GO NOVA AND BRING THIS PLACE DOWN ON YOUR HEAD! SO YOU WILL TAKE ME TO YOUR LADY, NO MORE VIRUSES AND NO MORE ATTACKS, OR YOU WILL BE DEAD, CREATURE!"

IC - Ilyin:

"Thank you," I said to Halken's sister, taking my food with a good deal of gratefulness. After all, I was hungry. Opening it up, I noticed that what I had been given was a Pokawi-fried steak sandwich, which I immediately tore into with the voraciousness of ten thousand starving Kane Ra. Oh, whoops, I think Halken's rubbing off on me.

"So, Halken, I'm thinking we should make me a shield and a sword for a backup weapon once we get some scrap metal. Agreed?"

Edited by Grochi of Potoos

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

"What's unlikely is that I'm going to listen to anything an idiot like you has to say," I snapped, lowering the cannon nonetheless. "The only one of the organisers who actually cares about us, and you thought it'd be a good idea to shoot her in the face?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Naokaz ~ Muaka's Den

This is a world without law.

A world without justice.

A world where the weak cower beneath the feet of tyrants, unwilling to fight for their freedom.

A world that she, Naokaz of the Stone, truly despises.

She stares unblinkingly at the invisible wall that is, for now, preventing her from seeking emancipation from her current state. Rusted-brown rock surrounds her. Where she is she does not know, for the mountains seem to reach the cold, dark heavens themselves. Her very body aches here. She can feel the murmurs of the rocks beneath her feet. She can smell the cold steel of war littered across this war-torn land.

She hates it.

She turns away from the invisible barrier, her armoured feet crunching down against the gravel. This land cries out for peace. It cries out for love. It cries out for justice.

But there is no one to answer its cries.

No one.

Yet.

Suddenly, she strikes. Her fist angrily slams down against the earth, shattering the layers of rock and soil beneath the force of her blow. Her eyes are intense. With rage and sorrow. Her mask conveys an expression of determination. The crater expands out beneath her fists of justice.

This is all she can do.

All she can do to save this land.

Her tensions dissipate. She resumes her passive, unobtrusive state.

There is no justice here.

But there will.

She will make sure of it.

And that was a fact.

• Upvote 2

IC: Lefty ~ Bionifight Facility

"What is our esteemed colleague doing, exactly?"

IC:

"Being Kale." The De-Toa responded with a faint smile, accelerating his pace slightly. "Which is to say having a magnetic personality, and enlisting aid to his cause."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Nisaduf (Engineering, with Riss)

Nisaduf didn't mind this at all. Nope, there was not one reason to dislike it, and a multitude of reasons to like it instead. Just for fun, we can even list them!

One. Nisaduf had been sad, and hugs are great for becoming not-sad. Two. Hugs are also great for their soft, warm, and cuddly properties. Enjoyability is high. Three. Not only that, but she was spending time with Riss! Perhaps the best singer across the multiverse, super famous, amazingly cool, and Riss liked having Nisa around! Four. Riss was also quite attractive and as thus being in close contact was very nice. 

Wait. 

What?

Nisaduf blinked. Where did that thought come from? Nevermind that. Too busy hug. 

The Fe-Matoran just sighed a contented sigh and pressed her face into Riss's body, smiling against the warmth. For the first time in two weeks, Nisaduf was content. Perhaps even happy. 

IC: Bajets (Outside Engineering, with Halken and Ilyin)

"Your reflexes are unrivaled in all the immediate area, brother dear." Bajets said, not even bothering to look up from her salad. And no, she didn't say it drolly, nor sarcastically. If one truly needs a description of her tone, then think of it as if it was said like she was complementing him. About something totally insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Like saying your sibling is the best dish-washer in the kitchen, when they're the only one there. 

Moving on.

The salad wasn't half bad. Better than she expected, considering she had watched some Steltian pull it out of his apron. Could use a little more pizza, but since that poor Shopkeeper had explodified along with the rest of the Commercial Sector Bajets had yet to find a suitable substitute. Any other 'pizza' didn't seem to deserve the name anymore. 

Bajets decided that she might be in withdrawal. That was a problem. Withdrawal isn't pretty. She knows that very well, she's had to deal with Halken being stuck inside for a month with his arms bound to his sides to prevent any fisticuffing of any sort. 

Needless to say and just for redundancy, it wasn't pretty.

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Lefty ~ Engineering

"No change then," was the dry reply.

That was good. She always found her heroic friend to be a breath of fresh air. It reminded her of the better parts of her early career, before all had been said and done.

Ah, there was the door to Engineering.

A second later, the big doors that led to the engineering sector swung open with a kick, and the powerful-looking Stone Toa walked straight in.

"Kale!" she called out loudly. "I have heard that you are once again making friends!"

IC: I.F. (Trophy Hall)

"Oh, petunia!"

The cloaked figure of the Toa of Life was sprawled on all fours on the floor of the Death God's temple, holding a flower in a vase in its hand.

"Oh, your stem! Your leaves! The colors of your petals, how the multitude of tones complement each other! Oh, how beautiful !"

It was clear that something was not right in this Toa's head. Or maybe it just had an inclination towards... Being a large ham. Or being prone to camp behavior. Or both.

"Oh, how beautiful your life is! But it is a TRAGIC BEAUTY; oh, so TERRIBLE! (Note: I.F. is pronouncing "terrible" the French way). Oh, beautiful flower..."

The Toa was practically sobbing at this point. It was also "milking the giant cow", to use a certain slang.

"Oh, flower...

Let me free you from your bonds."

The Toa's grip on the flower tightening, its hand flew with a sickly light. The flower began to wilt and die, as its life was forcibly sucked out of it, but...

... It was still alive.

No, the Touch of Death had not finished the job.

That job would be finished by I.F. savagely tearing the flower to pieces.

"Join Kuolema in freedom, brother flower."

OOC: I.F. open for interaction. Yay Kuolema!

Edited by One-Eyed Construct
  • Upvote 1

IC: Nisadeff (Trophy Hall, with I.F.)

"Oh, pooooor thing! It's okay now, you're all better! You're free! Isn't that great!" 

I.F. would find his field of vision being invaded by a petite Matoran with silver eyes, who was lying on her back and had scooted herself over to where the Toa had been talking to the flower. She was intent upon a withered petal which she was rolling between a finger and her thumb, with a little more pressure it began to break apart and stain her fingers that same brilliant color. 

"It's broken, that's sad. Oh well! Hey! Hi! Hello! How ya doin'? I'm great, by the way, name's Nisadeff! Just call me Nisa, though, because I was once Nisaduf, with a d-u-f, and then I wanted to change to Nisadeath, because hey! Deity of Death, Kuolema, all praise, am I right? But they told me that was in appropriate so I went Nisadef, d-e-f, and then tossed on another f beeecaauuuu..." 

She pauses, focuses, and then plucks a nonexistant pair of sunglasses out of nowhere in particular and puts them on, before shrugging into an equally nonexistant leather jacket.

"..uuussseeee I'm edgy! Not knife edgy though, sickle edgy! Curved and good with cutting throats from behind!"

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU - LABORATORY S

The Skakdi stopped the machine as the substance began to boil, turning back to Sairaus and bowing again. 

"I am afraid I must take my leave for now, milady," he said as he stood straight once more, frowning. "I must return to Tuoni, and inform him of what I have learned with my research. As for your latest batch of medicine-"

He pointed at the machine with his thumb.

"-you know how it works," he continued. "Wait until it is no longer boiling, get it into your standard syringe, and inject it into your arm. You've been around this block long enough."

GM IC: DREISEN - ENGINEERING

Dreisen groaned as Daedalus informed him of the likely oncoming visitors.

"Please wait outside," he said to the fighter. "If they do come over here, tell them I need five minutes to help somebody fix my computer and get it online, and then I'll be willing to talk or plan or whatever."

He turned back to Xaeraz; the Toa's mask did indeed seem to be working, albeit slowly. It would be a few more minutes before the computer would be functional.

GM IC: THE HOST - CONTROL ROOM

After hearing Von Worten's words, the Host quite literally sagged, turning back to Maccha Yellow and sighing.

"Never mind. My suspicions were indeed correct. What we are about to discuss... it might be lengthy. Perhaps the should move this discussion elsewhere. Preferably a place where I do not risk a more...  hotheaded fighter trying to take my head off."

He glanced over to Ganesh as the fighter walked right through the door that Maccha Yellow had broken down before giving a humorless chuckle.

"Case in point," he said, gesturing to the newcomer. "For the time being, this conversation would be better kept private - if only so that I might explain it to you without being interrupted every five seconds."

GM IC: CITY OF FEAR - A.D.

When A.D. turned back towards the hole that he had entered through, he would find that there was no hole at all.

Attempts to break through the wall a second time - or any of the other walls - would fail.

GM IC: CITY OF FEAR - SKRALL, DAJIK, SHARKY

For both Skrall and DAJIK, the temperature stopped dropping, although their fear would continue to increase unimpeded.

However, they would both also feel as though someone... approved?

For Sharky, the temperature would continue to drop - and the pure fear would start to become overwhelming, almost aggressive in nature.

GM IC: CITY OF FEAR - DAYETH

Another long, drawn-out breath. A sensation of approval washed over Dayeth as the fear she was feeling intensified. Everything else faded away, until all that she could make out was a small circle of pavement around her - and what was probably the foot of one of the Matoran still huddled in a fetal position, shaking with terror.

Then, she heard the voice.

It spoke to her both aloud and in her mind; a hoarse whisper, as though it had not spoken in many years. The tone was chilling, drawing shivers up her spine.

yOU aRE... oBNOXIOUS.... 

It paused for a long moment; it did not feel as though it was attempting to insult her, however. Rather, it felt almost as though it were gathering enough strength to speak again.

Indeed, that was the case.

bUT... cUNNING, sMART. yOU... kNOW yOUR... rIGHTFUL pLACE... kNOW yOUR... tRUE nATURE.

Dayeth's terror began to intensify; a paralyzing sort of fear, growing stronger by the second, becoming almost painful.

i... gIVE yOU... mY bLESSING. uSE iT... nOW... pROVE yOURSELF... wORTHY. 

tEACH... tHE... aGGRESSOR....

Dayeth would feel the fear - her fear, the fear, focusing within her... perhaps she could direct it towards someone else?

Edited by Lucina

"We're stranded on an island surrounded by members of a death cult, and the sadistic nutjob who got us into this mess in the first place refuses to accept responsibility for it," I spat. "Is that enough of a reason?" 

IC: Dayeth - City of Fear. 

Having spoken with Makuta several times over her life, Dayeth knew what to do when conversing with an unseen eldritch horror: whatever it told you to. She focused on the fear building inside of her, and tried to strike out with it, directing it towards where she hoped the Matoran (Sharky) still stood. 

Edited by Locus

GM IC: CITY OF FEAR - DAYETH

Dayeth's aim would prove true, although whether that was due to extraordinarily good aim on her part or due to assistance from whatever had provided her with the fear in the first place was unclear.

IC: I.F.

"... Ni-sa... Deff?"

I.F. stared down at the Matoran, a curious look in its eyes.

... Whiiiiiich were hidden behind the hood it was wearing, so they were barely visible.

"I think I've seen..."

I.F. reached out into the air, as if literally trying to grasp a floating thought, a fleeting memory.

A grasp at empty air.

A handful of nothing.

What did you expect?

"... Well, hello Nisadeff. My name is I.F.. And I am doing... I don't know. What would you call it? Words cannot describe..."

It's probably feeling worn out after bawling its eyes out over a flower. A flower.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC: Ravyn (Revenant) - Knowledge Sector

"While it is possible, selling services to those with little to no sanity usually presents further... complications somewhere down the line, usually immediately after the initial job has been completed," Ravyn said, scratching the side of his head as he did so. "It's definitely not something that I'd recommend, even if we were to take our current situation into account."

The Fe-Toa decided not to comment on the topic of multiple Dartakhs. Considering that he had been around Langmuir the longest, he felt that if anyone was going to tell him what they knew about their version of Champion, it would've been better coming from him.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Kale Ironshaper- Engineering

IC: Yep, that was Dorian alright. That cocky attitude and the way he managed to every movement seem ever so slightly smug.

Just then the door to the area slammed open and the rest of the Aggressors currently in this universe entered.

"You could say that. I'm a bit fed up with being told what to do by people I don't care for and am currently doing what I can to make sure that stops. We just finished the questions stage and have just moved onto figuring out what to do."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC Tirkah:

He smirked, "Fair enough. Why don't you and me go take out a few of those cultist freaks, then? Work off a little of that stream."

His smirk turned into a grin.

"unless you're scared to, of course, wouldn't want the Rahkshi getting all upset over the big bad monsters now, would we?"

He laughed loudly as he set out along the path, Rifle slung over his shoulder.

IC - Malkon Tento - Wailing Cliffs:

Malkon was, as usual, quite bored. Not only that, but he had a headache, one of his knees was a little stiff, and he had a rather annoying feeling of pain all up his left side. He had for millenia, in fact, although nobody was quite sure why. Not even Maeus. Everybody had their suspicions, of course, but given that nothing had ever actually been done to fix the problem (or, well, killed Malkon and pulled him apart to find whatever was the matter), nobody was quite sure what the problem actually was. Maybe something bad with his nerves, maybe a glitch in his brain, maybe some messed up diodes all down the left side of his body, who knew.

So, since he was bored, he rather slowly trudged out onto the plains that were near the Wailing Cliffs, sparing a glance for some of the headstones while he walked around, rather aimlessly. Sure, he knew some people had fallen from the sky, and were running around, and would probably attack him on first sight and try and kill him, but it wasn't like that mattered much to him at the moment or provided him with any specific destination while walking. Soon enough, though, he saw a fellow cultist - Anguish, Malkon thought the man was called - being attacked by something that looked like a Baterra. Not a Tuoni-Baterra, but a Baterra-Baterra.

Malkon sighed, altering his direction, and walking towards the battle, holding his axes up at the ready. "Of course," he groaned as he walked. "Somebody I know is in trouble, and here I am, able to help, which means I'm going to go help because I'm just such a nice guy. Oh, but I'm not going to get any thanks, no, it's just my job, it's my duty, of course, I have to help." After a minute of walking in that direction, he finally came upon the battle, standing next to Anguish. And, without any care for whether or not Anguish was attacking or being attacked, he spoke again.

"Would you like me to help you?"

His voice was distinctly monotone and somewhat resigned-sounding.

Edited by Grochi of Potoos
  • Upvote 3

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Virse - The Spine

Well, it seemed she had been forgotten for the moment. Though she was in a hurry, she knew attempting to slip away would only prolong this argument. And so she watched the proceedings with a bemused grin.

IC: Lady Dajik - City of Fear

She had failed... and yet, she could feel... approval? The conflicting emotions clashed in her mind, but the fear took the upper hand, driving her deeper into despair. She was just waiting for the final blow...

If it were possible, Snese's grin widened. "Good! Right this way, my dear!" And he turned and drifted off towards the back of the Containment Center.

I considered his offer for a moment before making my decision, "Thanks, but no thanks. If this one," I gestured to Virse, "is telling the truth, the only thing waiting for you out there is death. I wouldn't want to deprive you of the satisfaction of having that all to yourself." 

"Prick," I muttered, turning towards the Toa. "Let's get out of here." 

IC: Scriva - Muaka's Den.

She sat down in the corner of the main room, casting sideways glances towards her fellow prisoners, but saying nothing. 

IC: Lefty ~ Engineering

"Sounds like something you would do," said Lefty simply, approaching her friend with a quiet smile. "If possible, please forward me a memo of important points in your plan."

She crossed her arms.

"In any case, I shall be supporting you wholeheartedly."

Because you are a trustworthy friend, after all.

IC: Daedalus Drachoren

Daedalus nodded. "As you wish."

He stepped outside Dreisen's office and leaned against the doorjamb, his eyes fixed on the group.

IC: Von Worten

I glanced over at Maccha Yellow and the newcomer, and then back at the Host.

"Where would be most private?" I asked.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

GM IC: THE QUEEN - WEEK ONE UPDATE

As she had taken her first step into the tunnel, the Queen had suddenly collapsed to the ground, clutching her head in agony as the Mind Gem began to blindly rage. 

She had fought back against it, and the ensuing battle of wills had seemingly exhausted both of them.

Once it had calmed down, the Mind Gem had revealed that the facility was gone; the Queen's office had been left behind, and they were all alone. The tournament had disappeared, taking the Host, the EnforcerKopenXaerazVon WortenEzezkoAlbrecht, and all of the other fighters with it. 

Without knowing where they had gone, or why they had vanished, there was only one thing that the Queen could do.

Continue (or rather, begin) her quest.

So that was what she had done, with the Mind Gem's constant presence her only companion.

---

The Queen stared at the Fire Demon warily, shifting uncomfortably as the temperature continued to rise.

How can it know to defend the gem if it has no mind? She asked.

Because that is its only purpose, the Mind Gem replied, giving her the mental equivalent of a sneer. It is created by the Gem of Fire to defend the Gem of Fire. It knows nothing else.

She took a careful step forward. The Fire Demon did not react, although it was even hotter now than it had been a moment before.

If its only purpose is to defend the gem... then might it not be possible to simply wish no harm upon the gem?

The gem cannot sense that, the Mind Gem shot back, scoffing. 

Then I throw my trident at the demon, past the pedestal. I use our powers to redirect the spear and send it flying back in our direction, knocking the gem our way.

The gem will be too hot to touch. The demon must be defeated first.

Then we give it a mind... and then we control it.

Silence from the Mind Gem for several seconds as it mulled over the idea, before sullenly giving a mental nod of approval. 

I am capable of giving the Fire Demon sentience. Why should I not give the gem itself sentience?

Because I have conquered you already, and you know I would conquer it if I have to.

The Mind Gem did not reply for several seconds; before the Queen, the Fire Demon suddenly glanced around, seeming confused.

Done.

So am I.

It took the Queen less than a second to breach the newly sentient creature's mind and crush it, killing the creature instantly. As its new brain died, the Fire Demon vanished; leaving the Gem of Fire unguarded. With a grim smile, the Queen walked over and grabbed the Infinite Gem; it did not burn.

You feel no satisfaction, the Mind Gem noted, sounding both confused and disappointed.

You wish that I did, the Queen replied. What does that make of you?

I am better than you.

I think we can both agree upon that.

Spotting no obviously visible exits, the Queen concentrated upon the wall directly behind the pedestal, pointing her palm at it; the Fire Gem answered her call and a stream of fire shot out of her hand, beginning to slowly melt the stone.

She stood there for almost six hours, swapping focus with the Mind Gem as they forced their way through the tunnel wall. 

When they finally did, the Queen tentatively stepped through the opening, immediately spotting two more Infinite Gems up ahead, each with their own pedestal. Triumph flooded through her as a grin began to grow on her face; she raced towards the gems and was halfway there before she heeded the reminders of the Mind Gem to breathe.

So she took a breath.

And that was the moment where the Queen discovered that she could no longer breathe. 

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 4

IC: Scriva - Muaka's Den.

"Hi," was all she said. 

"Sorry about threatening to shoot you earlier," I added, feeling the need to apologise, "This place.... it's got me on edge." 

GM IC: THE HOST - CONTROL ROOM

After hearing Von Worten's words, the Host quite literally sagged, turning back to Maccha Yellow and sighing.

"Never mind. My suspicions were indeed correct. What we are about to discuss... it might be lengthy. Perhaps the should move this discussion elsewhere. Preferably a place where I do not risk a more...  hotheaded fighter trying to take my head off."

He glanced over to Ganesh as the fighter walked right through the door that Maccha Yellow had broken down before giving a humorless chuckle.

"Case in point," he said, gesturing to the newcomer. "For the time being, this conversation would be better kept private - if only so that I might explain it to you without being interrupted every five seconds."

GM IC: CITY OF FEAR - A.D.

When A.D. turned back towards the hole that he had entered through, he would find that there was no hole at all.

Attempts to break through the wall a second time - or any of the other walls - would fail.

IC(Ganesh): "I can wait for a few minutes while you discuss your business, and stop anyone who is coming this way." the Vortixx offered. 

IC(A.D.): Reluctantly, the dragon began climbing out of the hole, hoping to get back to the main street and find his attacker.

If it were possible, Snese's grin widened. "Good! Right this way, my dear!" And he turned and drifted off towards the back of the Containment Center.

IC(Ismekne): Ismekne reabsorbed the water from her previous attacks, and slowly began to follow the virus cloud...but at a considerable distance. He wasn't taking her threats seriously, which was a problem. And while playing him along would get her more information, it could come at a serious risk to her life. She should have taken advantage of the distraction to escape. 

But knowing who the Lady was...that was important. And escaping meant going back to the forest and being bored. Going forward might give her the opportunity to destroy this place. Or get more information. Maybe. Or maybe not. It was all a matter of probability, factors beyond her control, and time. 

Edited by fishers64