BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

What I meant was, is there still metal everywhere and stuff?  =P

coversnipe coversnipe giant avalanche of molten metal coversnipe

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Waitwaitwaitwhat?  This is how we get told the contest is over?  Weeks and weeks of no contact whatsoever and then suddenly Stannis post out of nowhere?  :/ What, did everyone just forget to say anything or something until now?

It was a very difficult decision to make. We had a very high standard of submissions, and the changing-hands of one of the game's most influential characters is not something we were going to take lightly. During those 'weeks and weeks of no contact', the five Maru players were discussing the entries we received and (in some cases, where we felt we needed a bit more from the applicant) interviewing them personally via Skype.

We only actually came to a final decision a few days ago. Please bear in mind that (as has been repeated quite a bit lately) we all have lives outside the game, and those real-life commitments made the decision-making process doubly-difficult. Eyru, Mango and Veef (Tyler is Love, Carson Chambliss and Vezok's Friend) have had very little time to commit to the game lately, and the other two of us (Tyler and me) are staff members, so we have enough on our plates as it is.

I would've announced the winner before now, but I've been extremely busy since we made the decision (hence the general lack of posts on my part). Kaithas wanted to throw himself into the role as soon as possible, which is hardly a bad thing.

TL;DR: The decision-making process was long and only completed recently. We've all been busy.

I'd also like to note (and this is addressed to everyone) that I've been seeing a lot of lip lately about people (staff in particular) taking a long time to do things. I refer you to this:

If there is one thing that never fails to get under my skin it's the implication (and you didn't just imply, you outright stated it) that the staff don't take the time to do our jobs. Three of us are college students, I'm a high school senior working on preparing for college, and our fourth active staff member has a job. Nevertheless there is never a day that at least two of us are not present.

I get that our newer players tend to have a lot of time and energy to commit to RPing, but please respect the fact that not everybody does, and please stop complaining about it.

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Waitwaitwaitwhat?  This is how we get told the contest is over?  Weeks and weeks of no contact whatsoever and then suddenly Stannis post out of nowhere?  :/ What, did everyone just forget to say anything or something until now?

It was a very difficult decision to make. We had a very high standard of submissions, and the changing-hands of one of the game's most influential characters is not something we were going to take lightly. During those 'weeks and weeks of no contact', the five Maru players were discussing the entries we received and (in some cases, where we felt we needed a bit more from the applicant) interviewing them personally via Skype.

We only actually came to a final decision a few days ago. Please bear in mind that (as has been repeated quite a bit lately) we all have lives outside the game, and those real-life commitments made the decision-making process doubly-difficult. Eyru, Mango and Veef (Tyler is Love, Carson Chambliss and Vezok's Friend) have had very little time to commit to the game lately, and the other two of us (Tyler and me) are staff members, so we have enough on our plates as it is.

I would've announced the winner before now, but I've been extremely busy since we made the decision (hence the general lack of posts on my part).

...so essentially a "yes", then.  Eh, makes sense.  :P

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

People will never fail to take in one piece of information, and just ignore all others that have some sort of relevance.

If you really think that I don't think the staff are doing their jobs to the best of their ability, then you're very wrong. Consider the fact that I don't exactly have an open schedule for anything anymore because of school, and that I know what it's like to have no time. I found it a little inconvenient that something people now found to be so important now after almost a month was never noticed by anyone, not just the staff. If it were such a big problem, somebody should've noticed.

At this point this is just rudely annoying that people keep on revisiting that, when I honestly completely respect the staff and don't blame them for not having time. At this point if you're still butt-hurt over that, move on, because you're just making me frustrated over here. If I were really complaining, I wouldn't respect and bother myself to understand how hard their personal lives might be. So how about you just stop criticizing me for that.

Man, what I wouldn't give to just raze this topic and salt the soil.

EDIT:

People will never fail to take in one piece of information, and just ignore all others that have some sort of relevance.

If you really think that I don't think the staff are doing their jobs to the best of their ability, then you're very wrong. Consider the fact that I don't exactly have an open schedule for anything anymore because of school, and that I know what it's like to have no time. I found it a little inconvenient that something people now found to be so important now after almost a month was never noticed by anyone, not just the staff. If it were such a big problem, somebody should've noticed.

At this point this is just rudely annoying that people keep on revisiting that, when I honestly completely respect the staff and don't blame them for not having time. At this point if you're still butt-hurt over that, move on, because you're just making me frustrated over here. If I were really complaining, I wouldn't respect and bother myself to understand how hard their personal lives might be. So how about you just stop criticizing me for that.

The people who criticized you are staff members, who, for whatever reason, you thought it would be smart to straight up say couldn't effectively manage gameplay. And now you're calling them butthurt. That's a good look.

Show a modicum of respect, realize you said something stupid in the heat of the moment, and sack up. Digging yourself deeper won't help. 

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden
  • Upvote 3

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Man, what I wouldn't give to just raze this topic and salt the soil.

EDIT:

The people who criticized you are staff members, who, for whatever reason, you thought it would be smart to straight up say couldn't effectively manage gameplay. And now you're calling them butthurt. That's a good look.

Show a modicum of respect, realize you said something stupid in the heat of the moment, and sack up. Digging yourself deeper won't help. 

-Tyler

But I do respect the staff, and have said that more than once. It's just that it keeps getting brought up, when I had hoped that it was clear that I understood that the staff are busy and that it's not a big deal. It felt like it was being brought up to criticize me at this point, and that didn't feel nice.

I probably should hold back on the language, and I am sorry about that. It just makes me uncomfortable at this point when I had hoped it was pretty clear that I wasn't hating on the staff.

Oh boy.

Firstly, nothing today has been about you. That quote of mine that Ghost reposted? The one that was originally used in a response to you? Was addressed to everyone. He, in fact, bold-texted the statement prior to it that made it very clear that he was talking about a prevailing attitude he has often been seeing. 

I get that you're sick of listening to the Le-Koro thing being brought up, but it's not being brought upAnd even if it were, it has already been solved. Why didn't we catch it? Because you might have noticed that there are more than six topics, several dozen players, and only a handful of us. We have a good track record, but things slip by sometimes. And I might note that even then it was dealt with by a single retcon, and did not need to be the debacle it was. Nor is anyone specifically blaming you, you had the misfortune to be the one that caused it to be noticed.

Now.

You, very clearly, don't "completely respect the staff" when you say that you do and that we're all being butthurt in the same breath. When we're not even talking about you. I understand how it is to be new, but I would very seriously recommend a reexamination of your behavior in GD.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I know inventions need staff permission, but what about, let's say, ship designs? I have plans for my Kyoshi character to get some of the Ringti inventors of the clan to work. Do I need to ask staff permission about this? It's nothing that will benefit my character, but might give the clan a slight edge during the upcoming civil war (you know, Kentoku is an archipelago and everything, I would imagine ships will have a big role in the war, at least they should).

I feel as though your question got overlooked, and I apologize.

Now I don't have much knowledge on the current state of affairs regarding technological levels of Kentoku, but in general if you feel you have an idea which may be a little more powerful and unique than normal, feel free to just run it by a staff member. They'll let you know whether or not it fits, granted if it's just giving a normal galleon a bigger sail or something it shouldn't be a real issue, but as the saying goes: Better to be safe than sorry. 

Edited by Purple Devil

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Oh blimey people so much vitriol from both side. Let's take a step back, cool our heads and apologize for any misunderstandings or offense that may have been caused. Come on guys the BZPRPG is supposed to be fun, let's keep it that way.

Can we hold hands and sing kumbaya?

This. When staff and players get into an argument, it makes Bionicle Jesus cry.

Of course, I prefer singing Les Mis songs.

Drink with me, to days gone by

To light of friendship

Never say die

Let the wine of friendship

Never run dry

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I'm just going to assume that he meant to say Mata Nui and roll with it, but yeah, lets refrain from bringing that stuff up in News and Discussion.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Nah, Matoro. Died for our sins and all.

I have a question, mostly aimed at Kughii: I was delving into the wiki and everything when looking for Ishi's injuries at the hands of the Abettor, and saw that he is currently in Onu-Koro with somebody named Dervish. Who exactly is that? Can't find a profile or wiki page on him.

The times, they are a-changing...

I think Dervish is an alias, same as how Ishi usually calls himself Ahkmou. I think Dervish's real name is Arabeth or something.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I have a question, mostly aimed at Kughii...

You should PM him, then. He might not see it here.

So, is Ahkmou in this canon the same ahkmou that was such a dirtbag in actual canon...? Or is it a different character altogether that just shares the name?

Same character. Ahkmou was a bit of a dirtbag, but he's dead now, and Ishi (One of Kughii's chars) has assumed his identity in order to gain influence among Makuta's followers.

I don't know what Ahkmou is like in this canon, I just know that Ishi stole the name and uses it for an alias.

EDIT: Dangit; double ninja'd!

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Dervish = Arabeth Seryon, one of Tenth Norik's characters. Also, Dervish is female.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I'm just going to assume that he meant to say Mata Nui and roll with it, but yeah, lets refrain from bringing that stuff up in News and Discussion.

It was a joke. You know all those "If X, then Y" where Y is Jesus crying and X being some event or conflict.

Of course, if I did bring up Bionicle Jesus, then I would obviously be talking about Matoro. 

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Hrmm. Two players that are involved with my characters have taken extended leaves of absence, one (megazordman) hasn't even been online since late November, and MoMN hasn't responded to my communications. MoMN and I made a pact where we can bunny our characters if we need to change topics and whatnot, but I have no such arrangement with the other guy...

The times, they are a-changing...

Hrmm. Two players that are involved with my characters have taken extended leaves of absence, one (megazordman) hasn't even been online since late November, and MoMN hasn't responded to my communications. MoMN and I made a pact where we can bunny our characters if we need to change topics and whatnot, but I have no such arrangement with the other guy...

Looks like by "late November" you mean "December 2nd," according to mzm's profile page. It's been five days since he was last online; just shoot him a PM.

It's coming. All in good time...

• Upvote 1