BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Paterro launcher + ammo = bonus points for solving the problem with only two items. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

[6:55:58 PM] The Sane One: You had a good sixty or so names on that google doc

[6:56:30 PM] PURPLE: The ones that I managed to complete I put in my BZPRPG Profiles

[6:56:38 PM] PURPLE: So now I have 14 Po-koro guards.

[6:56:38 PM] The Sane One: I feel the need to point out that there are nintey Sentinels

[6:56:53 PM] PURPLE: So?

[6:56:58 PM] PURPLE: I make up the majority of them then.

[6:57:09 PM] The Sane One: Please don't make over half of them your own characters

[6:57:25 PM] PURPLE: Obviously Po had a recruitment drive.

While this conversation may seem completely weird, I've always wondered:

Are hard numbers on how many guards each village has a good idea? Like, should they be set in stone?

There was a point when the koro were counting their heads and measuring each other for battle and there were hard numbers made, but the numbers we calculated are now largely irrelevant. But the bottom line does still matter: There are as many guards as the akiri players determine. It's they're army, they get to decide. 

Are they a good idea? Sorta. A general idea is nice, so that depictions are reasonably accurate and follow the akiri player's idea of what their village is like, but unless you're trying to line forces up for a Risk!-esque combat sequence doesn't really bear much weight. 

I've been less able to follow the events of the game lately due to excessive workload at the university, so this might be common knowledge to others but... what exactly is the status of the Piraka attack on Onu-Koro? Any developments? When will it happen, if ever?

The Piraka attack on Onu is off.

Speaking of the Motherland, the Ussalry is middling in size. It's kept great by its apparent ability to attract recruits and keep them, but it faces stiff competition between manufacturing, mining, innovation and even agriculture.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

I'm a bit late to the party, but one of the reasons why I enjoy Kentoku is because of its Game of Thrones-esque feudal politics.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Heh, I drew that comparison myself some time ago. Problem for me is that I want to play Bionicle, not A Song of Fire and Ice with a bunch of concepts I am unfamiliar with. And I kinda like Good vs Evil; the only character I have that can't be fit into one of those is Denrika, who is a random receptionist I liked. And possibly a new character, if my race petition goes through. It's not like either side is 100% pure good or evil, though with Skorm's one-track mind, I haven't been able to adequately explore concepts like free will and stuff.

The times, they are a-changing...

Yeah, I usually just work off the labels: "small", "medium", "large".

There did used to be specific headcounts. While the exact number doesn't really matter anymore, I still find it useful as a baseline for proportional size and traits of the different villages. Obviously I know Ta-Koro best, but here's how my take on it has always been:

-Ta-Koro, back when we were doing headcounts, had a standing guard force about on par with most other villages. However, the way I've made it operate causes it to have a massive amount of reserve forces. I alluded to their mobilization during the Piraka attack. At their full actual strength, the Ta-Koro Guard has one of the largest standing forces.

-Ko-Koro has- well, had- a force with numbers comparable to Ta-Koro. Not as trained (simply because in order to swell so significantly in what was implied to be a short time they would have to have recruited without selectivity), but about as numerous. Now, on the other hand, they're probably the smallest. :P

-Ga-Koro: I have very little idea. I've always kinda pictured them as not having a very large force, but making up for it with ships.

-Po-Koro: As was alluded to above, the actual headcount used to be about ninety. I've always thought of them as average size, maybe a little bit under due to their ridiculously beaten up status back in 2012. Guards that carried over from back when they were the Po-Koro Guard tend to be more skilled, simply because... Well, they had to be. See 2012 for details. :P

-Onu-Koro: Mango pretty much covered this, but average size at best. Compensates for relative lack of quantity with capable operatives.

-Le-Koro: See Ga-Koro. Average size, added benefit of birds.

With the exception of Ta, this is all just my take on it. Akiri players are free to disagree. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I've always pictured the Marines with the second largest number in regards to troops, with a small navy tacked on.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Speaking as the often-absent head of the Po-Koronan guard/Sentinels, Po-Koro has about the same size military as the others. We've been beaten, sure, but numbers are supplemented by Ihu-Koronan Highlanders who are on contract with Po.

But what Alex says is correct. Guards from the 2012 arc are extremely skilled because, well... By the time the Rahkshi assault happened we were down to half strength, but those left were only the ones who had managed to survive. So you have three types of troops, essentially. The original guard, who may not be the most talented buuuuuuut have enviable levels of toughness. The newer ones are a mixed bag, roughly on par with the slightly newer members of most other militaries, and the Ihu Koronans who... there aren't many of them and they're about the same as your average member of another military, if unorthodox.

This is speaking for NPCs, of course. PCs are entirely up to their players.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Speaking as the often-absent head of the Po-Koronan guard/Sentinels, Po-Koro has about the same size military as the others. We've been beaten, sure, but numbers are supplemented by Ihu-Koronan Highlanders who are on contract with Po.

But what Alex says is correct. Guards from the 2012 arc are extremely skilled because, well... By the time the Rahkshi assault happened we were down to half strength, but those left were only the ones who had managed to survive. So you have three types of troops, essentially. The original guard, who may not be the most talented buuuuuuut have enviable levels of toughness. The newer ones are a mixed bag, roughly on par with the slightly newer members of most other militaries, and the Ihu Koronans who... there aren't many of them and they're about the same as your average member of another military, if unorthodox.

For all that I've had Kotuku trash-talking the Sentinels, this is very true and will be playing a part in the Revolution plot.

:w:

For all that I've had Kotuku trash-talking the Sentinels, this is very true and will be playing a part in the Revolution plot.

:w:

Goooooooooood.

This is the guard force whose core is made up of those guys who resisted a Rahkshi attack, were lucky enough to not get blown up, survived being squeezed into a ship and the resulting wedding and a bigger Rahkshi attack. Stubborn fellas, these guys are.

Ah, the profile topic has an answer. I'm just to dense 2 reed gud

• Glass lenses with various focusing/diffusing properties. These are used in telescopes, magnifying glasses, and lamps. Such lenses, usually employed in Lightstone lanterns, can also be purchased separately, as they're prone to breaking.
  • Onu-Koronan task tablets or "iStones" with abacus, note-taking, and some document-holding possibilities. These are very difficult to open without damaging the machinery inside - they've been manufactured to break this way by the Onu-Koro engineers on purpose, so that their computing abilities remain essentially unreproducible.
  • Basic metal tools such as hammers, axes, pickaxes, and even scissors. These items were available before, but now they're more easy to acquire; the best come from Ta-Koro.
  • Simple clockwork devices with gears, springs, and even little bells. The most complex and expensive sort are the smaller ones, especially rudimentary, one-handed watches. Many varieties of little wind-up toys are also available, from bouncing Fusa to rolling Manas.

...but close to it

I imagine normal blades would be used instead of scissors, nails instead of staples, and glue, uh, maybe there's some organic substitute with tree sap or something?  Mostly grasping at straws here.  =|

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Depends on the news. Ko-Koro, for example, isn't yet wide-spread because it literally just occurred. After Ghost's timeskip, it'll be common knowledge. Everyday information is a lot more variable. Akiri often send messengers between one another, and those move incredibly quickly, but what they know isn't widespread. The average PC has to wait for the information to be widely known in the Koro (or other location) of origin, and then wait for someone to take it from that village to another village.

Given that travel between Koros still is far from risk-free, especially now, trips aren't necessarily frequent. To make a long answer short, it would probably take a couple of days at least. High priority information (like who's attacked where) will obviously travel faster, while low priority stuff (like the political climate in Po) will travel more slowly.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Messengers were sent out but its not like they were shouting it from the top of their lungs as they went through the town.They were heading for the Akiri, Guard, or Maru. None of those are exactly going to be yelling about what is happening either.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

All makes sense! It's just since time is an indefinite thing in the RPG, I was wondering exactly how it would cause news to go around. I gets it now though.

I heard some stuff about mech suits. Sounds pretty darn rad to me (I actually had an idea for that and wanted to MOC it, but didn't have the parts, but I did make a tiny sketch of what one might look like). Makes sense too, considering Onu-Koro's advanced technology.

In which case people would know about it in Ta-koro. Krayxikk just said that it took time for things like rumors to travel between the koros unless somebody is deliberately spreading the news.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1