BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

If that is why Ta-Wahi is so popular after I left that must be why. All the good stuff happens either before I get somewhere or after I am gone. So weird how that seems to happen.

Ta's had this quest for half a year at least.

True perhaps but it seemed to quiet down after Doseki had arrived and then started picking up after he had left with Fulmen.

I believe that you're referring to this part of the Amulet Quest. Last time I checked, only a magical four out of fourteen or so (?) artifacts have actually been discovered so far, and we're still in the process of clearing the temple in Ga-Wahi.

True, there are more amulets left to be found.... assuming we actually get out of Ga alive....

Yeah there is a lot of riffraff that washed in that has become problematic for the "Good" team. There is a question that has been bugging me, With out boat destroyed how do we plan on getting off this blasted rock? I mean it is no problem for Orca she is a Ga-Matoran and a powerful swimmer. So is there an OOC plan seeing as how we don't actually know yet our but was turned into an unmanned Sub?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I assumed that Aokora's team would be playing the "leave our enemies high and dry" card in the event that they won, and by that I mean that they'd commandeer the remaining boat in order to get back to civilisation.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

So does that mean you do plan on making a Jam post or something that "time skips" us to the end?

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Hahah, no. Things may be a big cluster, but I have a way to un-cluster everybody.

Cool.

Have a way for Denrika to solve her impending Zenithex issue yet? Because I'm pretty sure that I threw the ball over onto your side of the court...

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

True, there are more amulets left to be found.... assuming we actually get out of Ga alive.... 

There are amulets? That sounds cool, any spots left for this quest? 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I was told that this was THE site for really god Sci-Fi RP based off a toy line. I skimmed the rules and general starter threads, and it seems straight forward enough.

Of course, being the guest here, I would like to have some suggestions(?) or tips on what to do, how to play with the style, and I guess some information on what Bionicle actually is.

A little about myself, though:

I have been a Tabletop RPer for a few years. Online RPer for a lil longer. I started first in Wolf RPs on an instant messaging site, then took a twist in Sci-Fi, robotics, and then wound up here through a chat site. I'm slightly shocked that there is such a following around a toy line, but to each their own. I just want to play in your world.

First of all, welcome.

Just a question; do you have any experience or knowledge of Bionicle in general?

I believe my younger brother had a few of them. Human guy with changable arms? I think, I never played with LEGOs too much(I was very much a Tinker-Toy kid.).

I see. It might be a bit difficult to get into the world, then, seeing as there's years worth of story and experience within the world of Bionicle that allow the players to generally get a feel for the world.

If you want to brush up on your lore, I'd suggest playing this old flash game - it'll give you some general knowledge. To supplement that, search up some articles on BS01 for things or terms in the flash game that may confuse you. After that, I'd recommend reading over the rules again, followed by posting here if you have any further questions.

Uh-huh. Normally I like to get adjusted to the background and all, but the way you speaking(and the fact you linked me to a flash game that looks like it belongs in 1999), I'm feeling like a "jumping in head first into a bucket of rocks" kinda approach might be better with all this lore, and just fake it until I make it. Unless, of course, you advise against it.

I would advise against it, really. The game is gonna be a whirlwind of terms and references to events and such that may be a bit alien to you - some new players that already have experience with Bionicle have a tough time, I can imagine the BZPRPG overwhelming you, with very little experience. 

If the flash game isn't really to your taste (good guess, it's from 2001) then I can imagine it would be entirely possible to find a let's play of it on YouTube.

If that's not your cup of tea either, you could PM me or someone else your questions and I/we could fill you in on anything regarding lore, if you wish.

I would advise against it, really. The game is gonna be a whirlwind of terms and references to events and such that may be a bit alien to you - some new players that already have experience with Bionicle have a tough time, I can imagine the BZPRPG overwhelming you, with very little experience. 

If the flash game isn't really to your taste (good guess, it's from 2001) then I can imagine it would be entirely possible to find a let's play of it on YouTube.

If that's not your cup of tea either, you could PM me or someone else your questions and I/we could fill you in on anything regarding lore, if you wish.

I once did a LoTR RP, and if this toy line has as heavy of a lore as Tolkein, I'll play the game.

Hm. If you don't want to play the Flash Game, you could always read the... Walkthrough-novelization? Should fill you in on the same details. Here.

Ooh, that's more my speed.

There's a wiki for the BZPRPG which includes a summary of the last chapter (which ran from 2012 to 2013), and an in-progress summary of the current arc (2013-?) that will help you get caught up on the in-game story.

Hmm, thanks.

I hate to be such a bother, but to repeat myself, it is your guys' world, I just want to play in it.

Hello, FallenAtlas, and welcome to the BZPRPG! I am one of its Staff members, and while the resources linked above can be helpful, here is the recommended starting point for familiarizing yourself with the world. If you find you have any questions after reading the information there, please feel free to PM a staff member, or ask here. :)

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Well I can honestly say that I think you are the first person I've seen to come to the BZPRPG with such a small amount of background knowledge about Bionicle.

My suggestion would be to have your first character be a Toa, a biomechanical being about the size and shape of a tall human. They possess the ability to manipulate one of the sixteen

(or in the case of the BZPRPG, fourteen) different "Elements" in the world of Bionicle.

You can find all the details needed to make your character here.

Can't say this particular version of the RPG is going to be very sci-fi-y, that was before we rebooted it. Still, I hope you have a good time here.

• Upvote 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

It's rather Fantasy with a smidgen of Sci-Fi. I mean yes, all characters of any species are cyborgs... But civilization is by and large tribal at lowest (and simplest) and feudal at strongest. There are still submarines, laser guns, solar generators, powered exo-suits, and the occasional radio.

The times, they are a-changing...

I was told that this was THE site for really god Sci-Fi RP based off a toy line. I skimmed the rules and general starter threads, and it seems straight forward enough.

Of course, being the guest here, I would like to have some suggestions(?) or tips on what to do, how to play with the style, and I guess some information on what Bionicle actually is.

A little about myself, though:

I have been a Tabletop RPer for a few years. Online RPer for a lil longer. I started first in Wolf RPs on an instant messaging site, then took a twist in Sci-Fi, robotics, and then wound up here through a chat site. I'm slightly shocked that there is such a following around a toy line, but to each their own. I just want to play in your world.

Well your RP background will be most helpful here though the BZPRPG doesn't really use the tabletop format for its mechanics so most of that wont apply here. Though it is good to have it from a story aspect anyway; as similarly you could find yourself in dark gloomy locals with a group of people fighting off wild encounters ranging from local wildlife (Rahi) to an enemy or opposing faction or group after the same goal/prize you are. The only limit is your imagination and not the read of the dice.

First of all, welcome.

Just a question; do you have any experience or knowledge of Bionicle in general?

I believe my younger brother had a few of them. Human guy with changable arms? I think, I never played with LEGOs too much(I was very much a Tinker-Toy kid.).

That off the bat sounds more like Galador than Bionicle. Though both feature Technic style combinations resulting in interchangeable human and animal body parts. Is this the Character your bother had by chance? Nicholas Bluetooth. I have the Frog-like character Euripides stashed somewhere in a box. Anyway there likely wont be any actual body part exchanging going on here as you are basically a completely physical being and limb removal or replacement would likely be counted as quite painful.

Uh-huh. Normally I like to get adjusted to the background and all, but the way you speaking(and the fact you linked me to a flash game that looks like it belongs in 1999), I'm feeling like a "jumping in head first into a bucket of rocks" kinda approach might be better with all this lore, and just fake it until I make it. Unless, of course, you advise against it.

As others have already stated we have a Wiki with a plethora of information including current character Bio of individuals within the BZPRP universe. Many of the RPers will also have links in their Signatures to their character or characters. I myself link them to their personal Wiki page. As you seemed to enjoy the idea of reading rather than playing the original Bionicle game I think the Wiki would definitely be a good resource for you. Keeping in mind our world runs parallel to the Original story but it is its own world with its own stories.

I am not sure what race you'd like to play as. Me personally I picked Matoran even though they don't have any active Elemental powers. I was not comfortable starting off with a Toa, Turaga, or one of the custom races. It is a good place to start if you don't want to feel overwhelmed by all the other abilities and powers. You can always make another character down the line once you feel comfortable in our world. Also in time your little Matoran could become a Toa anyway(With staff approval) so there is that to look forward to.

Finally may as well add my hat into the Welcoming committee. While I am a bit late,

"Welcome to both the BZPRPG and BZPower.com at large." It is good to have new fans come along. Oh on a side note due in part to Bionicle having a second Generation that started up this year I should mention; since it has not yet, that anything you find regarding the "reboot" for 2015 is not relevant here as they have not been integrated into the story at this time and according to staff have no intent to do so any time soon.

Onua.png

Welcome to the BZPRPG, it's great to see some new members join in. :)

I have a few words of advice for new players:

-Since most of the players are either locked in a quest from a long time ago and opportunities to find free players are rare, if you want some interaction, check out this topic to see if anyone is looking for people to join them. Additionally, some people will write "OOC: Open for interaction" when they are in a game topic, a perfect opportunity for you to join in unless a character of yours is already busy. If all else fails, you may have to barge in uninvited on some people.

-Your posts don't have to be verbose and crammed with tiny details on every little thing and I can't word it properly, but what I'm trying to say is that all you have to do is just be descriptive and clear in your writing.

-Bionicle's lore is extremely complicated, that's why it's incredibly simplified in this RPG. If something confuses you, just check out Bionicle Sector 01 or ask the staff for help on a certain thing.

-Have fun! There's no point doing something if there's no reward or satisfaction gained from it.

• Upvote 2

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

No, you just have a user title that confirms you to have the most posts of anyone on the site. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Welcome from me as well, FallenAtlas. Since people have already linked you to the best resources (I highly recommend playing MNOG, the flash game: it may look dated, but imo it captures perfectly the charm and feel of Bionicle's early years) so I have just one piece of advice to add:

Speaking as the guy who created it, exercise a little caution when reading the Wiki. It can be rather incomplete: information is lacking on many important characters, events etc, and where it does exist it's rarely up-to-date with recent events.

As my colleague Krayzikk linked you above, the best place for getting started in the game is the New Player Topic.

If you have any questions about the game an its lore, feel free to post them here or PM a staff member. We'll be happy to help. :)

• Upvote 5

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Shouldn't your guy's posts go backwards or upside down?

Um.... why? 

10 different people immediately smothering him with advice and links.

We like having new players. We want to keep them forever... 

• Upvote 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar