BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

... Okay, I have an oddball question relating to Sado. Given that the city is somewhat advanced, would the city have an underground sewer system?

Yes.

I have a better question... Why would they need sewers to begin with? I mean yeah they eat but has anyone thought about if they even have waste to dispose of? I mean in canon there was a fart joke or two in MNOG, but was the concept of requiring "banana leaves" ever really addressed? What would be the point short of just having a "This way in" back door to a normally fortified city or strong hold.

Come to think of it I could just see one of the Matoran or Toa getting uncomfortable because of weird sounds coming from inside them and then asking as politely as they could to be excused. Then walk out funny with a hand near their back side trying not to blow until they get to the head. Be a real funny comic... "Dude you think he's alright? Maybe we better go check on him? What if he fell in?" ... "Do we wait or keep fighting?" ... "Dude anyone got any Banana leaves this stuff is getting everywhere!" ... "Ok, I'm done, we can pick this up same time tomorrow." Bad guy leaves embarrassed...

• Upvote 3

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Suffice to say, characters in this game eat. Let's leave it at that. Furthermore a sewer would be necessary for any plumbing, so even if you ignore that, any water-based waste would require sewers.

Case closed.

Let's not open it ever again.

Edited by Riku Tryon
  • Upvote 13

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Suffice to say, characters in this game eat. Let's leave it at that. Furthermore a sewer would be necessary for any plumbing, so even if you ignore that, any water-based waste would require sewers.

I guess you have a point there. Irrigation and water treatment would require some form of plumbing and thus a "sewer" type of system. It was just a weird question that popped into my head when the idea was asked. I mean even Transformers have sewer like structures and they are not organic at all.

Discussing such things is a waste of time.

How is that? I mean Bionicle has an organic side and such questions regarding biology are bound to come up. I think it was said the BZPRPG universe is even more organic then the actual Bionicle Universe though don't quote me on that. Anyway as funny as I tried to make the subject in my post Riku Tryon, made a very serious response that makes a lot of sense. Having sewer like structures can be used for more then just bio-waste. Or maybe my suggestion of a secret backdoor into a normally fortified strong hold...

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

How is that? I mean Bionicle has an organic side and such questions regarding biology are bound to come up. I think it was said the BZPRPG universe is even more organic then the actual Bionicle Universe though don't quote me on that. Anyway as funny as I tried to make the subject in my post Riku Tryon, made a very serious response that makes a lot of sense. Having sewer like structures can be used for more then just bio-waste. Or maybe my suggestion of a secret backdoor into a normally fortified strong hold...

It's called a pun. :P  Nice one Tiragath.

Edited by Vestak

BZPRPG characters are usually treated as more organic than canon, but we don't discuss the ramifications of this. Tira calling such discussion a "waste of time" is blunt but true. We don't need to iron out the finer points of eating, waste removal, reproduction, and other organic traits. Those are discussions that no one wants to have, and the game works just fine without them.

• Upvote 3

It's called a pun. :P  Nice one Tiragath.

*blinks*

Wow, I guess I was too short for that one. *has to reach over head to catch joke*

Onua.png

Yep. Rahkiir's lost it. He's cracked. Beosach and Komae broke him.

He done did go cuckoo.

Maybe next time, I shouldn't make typos. Maybe I should find a place full of gullible people.

Guys, in case Rahkiir's plan to burn them into worship doesn't quite work so well, what place has, on average, the most gullible people on Mata Nui?

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Also curiously, such use of NPCs is against BZPRPG rules.

Ben, I believe we already had this conversation months ago.

EDIT: Yup.

Let's try this again.

2500 followers equals, say... 1 Toa, so the entire island is roughly +2 Toa to Dainobi's power.

There. That should work.

You realize that's against the rules to have permanent NPC followers, right?

So, you say, "Alright, I'll just switch it to PC followers then."

If you need the numbers you're talking about, a handful of PC followers would, as you said, be pretty useless. Then, if you tried to increase the power to followers ratio, you'd be making your character even more powerful - the goal of this discussion it to do the opposite.

Fine, then. I'll cut the extra power. Poof. Gone. There. 

Though, I don't see how having to get hundreds of people under a power's effect to notice any difference can allow a power to still be considered OP. I don't know, maybe my brain isn't working. I wrote that profile pretty late at night, and I got up at 5:30am today, so... yeah.

My point was that the power is either useless, rulebreaking, or both, no matter what context it's put in.

Edited by Perplexed

Under what grounds; perjury? It is not like you were under oath or anything.

Onua.png

Besides, we've already established that BZPRPG doesn't actually have any lawyers. So you're good there.

I'm really tempted to make a lawyer character now, just to have one.

Given my avatar, this is a daily struggle.  Even then I can't guarantee an "OBJECTION!" isn't going to work its way into one of my posts sooner or later.  you have to stop me

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Besides, we've already established that BZPRPG doesn't actually have any lawyers. So you're good there.

Given my avatar, this is a daily struggle.  Even then I can't guarantee an "OBJECTION!" isn't going to work its way into one of my posts sooner or later.  you have to stop me

Okay. I'll stop you.

HOLD IT!

There. You're stopped.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I thought there were already sharks in Ga-Wahi

;)

There's a difference.  Sharks don't bill hourly.

Edited by Vestak
  • Upvote 5