BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"Alright, fine. But keep him under watch," Hahli directed Yaddrokk. "I don't want anyone trying anything."

With that, she gave a respectful nod to the Marines in the room and walked out, her guards and Eutuchia following behind.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

Vos turned, propping Celite's trident against his shoulder, and began to exit the room in measures, careful steps. At the door, he paused a moment. "I think I will be keeping this. If you ever get out, feel free to come try and reclaim it. Your behavior would be very informative."Without another word, or waiting for a reply, the being stepped out of the cell, following close behind Hahli herself.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

There was a moment of quiet between the two Toa, Reordin's last sentence still hanging in the air over the table. "Flashy...Right." Leah said a moment later, "Of course you are." She let out a soft laugh. She couldn't help it. Reordin had that effect on her, which was one of the things she liked about him so much. But at the same time, there was a look of understanding in her eyes. She knew Reordin was probably not having the easiest of times back at home in terms of getting along with the people of mount Ihu. Sure, the village of ice was his home and he was a Ko-Koronan through and through...except he didn't fit the quiet stereotype much, if at all. And in a place where seriousness and silence were dominant, the more light-hearted could quickly feel lost.

"Well, don't worry about it too much, you're just the right amount of flashy for Ga-Koro." she said, her Le-Wahi nature kicking back in. And then, with a wink, she added: "The girls here seem to like it."

She finished up her breakfast as well, feeling quite content, now that she had something in her stomach to replenish the energy she had used up early in the morning.

"Anyway, you said you were running military drills. Have you had much trouble with the aftermath of the Rahkshi-attack? Aside from Ga-Wahi fugitives, I mean?"

---------------------------------------

Behind the counter, Rhow continued to wash the dirty dishes of the day and quietly listened. Before, she might have bluntly said something semi-offensive, to get a better read on the other Skakdi, but living on the island for quite some time had taught her that sometimes, keeping ones mouth shut worked just as well to get information. Though she was still as savage as ever, she was starting to put a little more forethought into her actions.

And since Iraanus was doing the talking right now, she settled for just observing for now...it also gave her time to get work done in the restaurant.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC Viima & Surina

(Ga-Koro, Prison):

"What do you want, spawn of a Kraata?" Surina snapped at Viima. "You already got us into the mess you wanted to."

"You brought this to yourselves", Viima said. "I never understood what a repulsive Matoran you were, Surina. Maybe my love for you blinded me to it."

"Get to the point", Surina said, sounding bored.

"Did you ever really love me?" Viima asked. "Did you ever have even a trickle of it?"

Surina smiled. "Of course I did. After all, you were something special."

Viima gulped. "What?"

"I miss the days and nights we spent together", Surina continued. "And I truly regret leaving you."

Viima didn't know what to say.

Surina pushed on. "We can have all that again, Viima. Help me out and we can -"

Viima hit one of the bars, causing a resounding clang that echoed in the room. Surina backed out in surprise.

"You truly ARE disgusting!" Viima snapped. "You use others as tools to meet your own ends. You step over their hopes, dreams and feelings like you did to mine. How was I so stupid I couldn't realize that?"

Surina was silent.

"When the trial comes", Viima said in a quiet tone. "I hope you will get a life-sentence, not death punishment. Alive you can think about all that you have done. And perhaps, if Mata Nui so decides, someday you will develop actual feelings and understand your own deeds. That is the worst punishment you could ever get and I hope you receive it."

With that he walked out of the room, leaving Surina and Celite waiting for the trail to come.

OOC

Okay Draezeth, I’m gonna retcon those last posts you made since I didn’t have a chance to respond to you taking my mask. Sorry, but real life got in the way.
Also, I know that sonic stuff is legit. Verak does not, however. If I was going to complain about it, I’d do it in a PM to you, not IC. Verak is just upset he didn’t really get a chance do dodge.
IC- Verak - Ga-Koro Prison
I saw the blurry shape of the Skakdi bend down to take my mask off.
Time to shine.
I forced my eyes all the way open, forced a rush of adrenaline. I had to stay awake here. I couldn’t let cheating Skakdi get the best of me. Before I my senses had caught up with my motion, I had pushed myself across the floor, kicked off the wall, flown a short distance towards the ceiling, twisted, and kicked off the top of the jail cell, propelling myself toward the Skakdi. My hands reached out to grab him, and my knee was already moving to hit his torso.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

OOC: Ohh, okay. I've seen a lot of people use IC to voice their concerns, so I just thought that was what happened. Sorry about my lack of patience.

IC: Yaddrokk

Speed wasn't really his forte, and this guy was coming in fast. The whole maneuver gave the Skakdi time to register what was going on, though, giving him time to brace himself for the impact. He raised his arms to deflect the impact of the Toa's knee, revving up his Sonic Boosters for the next attack.

Meanwhile, his mind was busy, analyzing this Toa's strengths. Fast and agile, hopefully due to him wearing a Calix. He had free control over his element. Yaddrokk had strength and defense on his side, though he had to be careful about his injury. His power was also invisible, whereas he could see the Toa's coming. Hopefully. The Toa would have to conjure up his own element in order to fight, whereas he would just have to amplify was was already there. The Toa should still be dazed for a few moments, though the Calix was likely interfering with that. If Yaddrokk put enough into these next few seconds, it would be over quickly.

OOC: Decided to call them Sonic Boosters.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: "Sparkles"

"So you two are the famous conspirators. Well, now its a party. By the way the name is Kordo, not Sparkles no matter what that Toa tells you. And you should know that if it weren't for me the Turaga's wound would have been unattented and she would have bled out. I saved your life. Don't forget it. Oh and also, Verak? Use your elemental powers. Quit showing off. Bust us out."

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

IC: Skyra

Like most Le-Toa, I was pretty cocky in most situations, but I didn't feel that way at all right now, being farther from my comfort zone than I would have liked. I thought for sure I was going to get flipped off the board and crash into the freezing cold water.
Though as luck would have it, I managed to stay on the board as the waves began to calm again. I grinned, pleased with myself. “Hah! Take that ocean. You can't flip over this Le-Toa!”
Out of nowhere one of the biggest waves I had ever seen formed almost out of thin air and began racing toward me. I grimaced. “Well Karz.“
"You're screwed," Tillian noted calmly as he floated beside the board.
I wasn't able to respond as the wave crashed right into me. I closed my eyes as I felt the chilling water wash over me. I felt the sensation of movement, though in what direction I couldn't tell.
Then, from under the waves, Skyra felt arms scoop her up by the stomach and carry her upwards before she got dragged underwater. As one they surfaced and Tillian blew a spout of water over his shoulder before grinning and locating the surfboard with his eyes.
"You good?" he asked the hapless Le-Toa in his arms.
I wiped the water out of my eyes as best I could, breathing heavily as I looked at Tillian with half closed eyes, the water stinging them. “Yeah…I think so.” I shivered, the water really was cold, I didn’t know how Tillian could stand it.
Tillian gently went and nudged at the corners of Skyra's eyes with one finger, leaning into her as he got the water out of her eyes to the best of his ability.
"Like I said. Everyone sucks as a beginner." He grinned again.
“Yeah…though I think I did pretty awesome…for a beginner.” Being this close to Tillian was making my heart rate increase. I blamed falling off the board for that.
"You did great!" he complimented. "Until, you know. You actually had to surf."
Whatever ego I had deflated. "Oh." I sighed. "How do you do surf for hours on end? We've only been out here for what...a half hour? I feel exhausted."
"It takes practice, Skyra. You want the truth? You sucked when it came to the moderate and hard stuff. But you have a surprising grip on the basics. So...in that respect...yeah, you were good. You have the talent, girl. Just hone it."
"The endurance and the skill and the picking up hot members of the opposite sex comes later."
I gave Tillian a half smile. “Yes teacher.”
Tillian smiled back and sat down on the board as it floated back, still cradling Skyra sideways in his arms.
"Cha."
“Gah…this is why I don’t like water. Too cold.” Though I felt a bit warmer being close to Tillian, I felt a little red in the cheeks at that thought.
“How good is your swordsmanship?” I asked suddenly, figuring changing the subject would help.
"Good, bordering on great."
“Just bordering? Tsk.”
"Oh, thanks. Still getting used to that time of the month?"
I pinched Tillian in the arm. “That’s nobody's business but my own!”
"Whatever."
I huffed, but I found it difficult to stay annoyed at Tillian, especially since he was still holding me. “So, you named that bear after me?”
"Yeah, I did. After you left," Tillian admitted, suddenly becoming a little bit bashful himself. "I, uh...figured I had to have at least one Skyra in my life."
I glanced toward the beach, looking at the little bear who was currently digging a hole in the sand. “I’m sorry I left.” I’d apologized before, but I found myself needing to say it again.
Tillian followed her gaze to the bear and grinned, blue eyes innocent and expressive in the light of the sun.
"It's okay. I forgive you."
I leaned into Tillian's shoulder. "Thanks."
"Don't mention it. We all have those days. It's just that yours happen monthly. And they're more like a week."
"Tilliannnnn..." I pouted, "You're such a jerkwad."
"You don't mean that," Tillian pouted. "We're in love, remember?"
My face got really hot, I mean, we both knew it was true. But now he was just outright admitting it in the open.
"I'm sorry. I went too far with that one."
"No...you didn't...” I took a deep breath, why was it so hard to admit what I felt? I loved Tillian, there was no denying that. I was afraid though, afraid that I could potentially ruin our friendship if we took things further He was my best friend after all, would it be the same if we became more than that?
Still, I knew denying what I felt would only hurt us both. I had to just outright say it. “You didn’t go too far…because it’s true. I…I love you.”
I felt rather faint after saying that, how would he react? Would it be good? Bad? My heart beat so fast I was sure Tillian could feel it.
Tillian kind of just sat there for a second.
There was no slack feeling to his grip, but it did not tighten any; he didn't shove her off the surfboard but he didn't draw her any closer up to him. His face was not expressive, but for once it was pensive, as if he had suddenly drawn into introspection at the nudging Skyra's confession had sent his way. The first sign of movement - indeed of life - that he made after a minute was the slow way his teeth drew along his bottom lip as he bit down in thought.
Then he grinned, and in that grin was the culmination of a romanticized quest to transcend literally every boundary possible in the name of an ultimate goal. In that moment even the waves that steadily rocked the surfboard and the skies that reflected down on them couldn't hold more than a candle at the playful, holistic blue of his youthful eyes, and his features were as attractive and happy as Skyra had ever seen them. He rolled her out of his arms onto her back on the surfboard and leaned over her to kiss her.
They held there for several seconds, and the world didn't explode while they did. Birds kept chirping and singing and dropping dumps in the water and on houses. The sun kept on shining at just the right temperature on surfers and suntanners and lifeguards. Both their hearts were still beating; neither one had exploded out of sheer shock or been shanked by the other. When Tillian pulled away, still grinning like he'd just been crowned prom king, Skyra didn't lose her cool and break his neck like she would have been entitled to do. He'd done this, hadn't he? With his youthful looks and that innocent charm and that stupid surfer's accent when he said "Sky-rah" or "Lia-rah." He'd done this.
And from the look of that grin, he knew it, too.
"Cool," he said simply.
I started staring out into the sky above me like I was I in a daydream. I almost wondered if I was about to wake up in my bed in Le-koro and wish this had really happened.
But thankfully, this was real. I felt ecstatic, to the point that I couldn't get up, or really do anything except relish the moment. I looked at Tillian with my glowing green eyes.
“Cool.”
Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: J-J-JAAAAAM. Happy little reunion oreo with KNI chocolate and Kughii fillingIC(Iraira/Matrapolix-Marine Office)The lights were just being placed in their wooden boxes, a cool glow radiating outwards to illuminate the headquarters of the Ga-Koro marines. 'Vipe Iraira moved about the hallways with a slow stride, no destination in mind other than to better the morale of her troops. Matoran passed by at chest height, their small bodies lithe yet muscled from a life accustomed to raging storms. The jeweled pendent swung across her chest as she moved, the ticking of a steady rhythm matching her slowly oscillating heartlight."Today was a good day. One dead slug, two arrests, fifteen pages of paperwork, and.... and... What the KARZ are you doing?!"Iraira's pace quickened as her finger pointed like an apocalyptic arrow at a dermie with one of the largest pairs of clippers she'd ever seen. The ignorant girl stood shocked as Iraira snatched up the tool with both hands and held it over her shoulder like one would a small cannon."I-I-I was just trimming the foliage a little," The rookie guard muttered, her face flush with embarrassment."Didn't anyone tell you these are SUPPORT COLUMNS?!" Iraira said dangerously, her voice almost breaking into a shout. "I have a mind to prune YOU."The matoran backed away a few steps and took a good look at the column. The ivy and wisteria grew into a tight cluster directly off the lilypad, forming a latticework above the two Ga-Koroans' heads which supported the woven second floor."My apologies, Captain."Just as the scolded Marine walked off, Matrapolix did the opposite. He was a firm figure, body shaped by military work, but face warm and ever-relaxed. Not your typical spec ops officer."What next? Well, I'll tell you." He said, leaning against a wall, eyes gleaming. "How've you been, Iraira? It's been awhile.""Seems like everyone knows me today," Iraira said, her eyes forming a wry squint; "Who are you, do I suppose? My shoe-polisher, or perhaps the mailman? I've had to reroute several of them.""You remember me, though." He smiled wildly, eyes of a sonics Toa turned against the body of an Onu-Koroan. "Ol' Matra?"Iraira's jaw opened and closed a couple of times. Her right hand connected against her face. When she spoke next, her voice was almost a hush. "Matra? Is it really you? You went off on that exploratory mission to Three Fingers and never washed back… I heard your vessel sank.""Total bull. It was only half-sunk by the time me and my team swam away. Did some time in Onu, spec ops and the like. I see you've done well for yourself." He responded, hardly taking a breath between words.Iraira nodded, taking the information in and process. A moment later her arms were swalling the matoran into a tight hug, a shriek resounding in the direction of the flying clippers she'd just confiscated. "It's so good to see you!" She pulled her head back, giving Matra a cold, hard look. "Next time you decide to swim to the opposite end of the island instead of coming back to home port let me know by messenger or something. You look thin. Have you eaten?""Sorry about that. Couldn't reach you before a conflict with a shadow Toa caused more head damage. Crazy, right?" He grinned again, returning to hug sincerely."Unfortunately, I have eaten. Onu-Koroan food is terrible. Cuisine here is ten million times better.""I agree. There's no seafood down there save those slimy reptiles they call fish in the grottos." Riaril stood up and nodded towards the mess hall. "Come on, let's talk while we get dinner.""No argument on my end." He started towards it even as she stood up. "I've really missed the fish tacos, not gonna lie."Iraira let out a booming laugh that seemed to might the lightstones flicker. "I like that." The two moved quickly towards the wooden tables erected for dinner, Iraira dragging her friend up the rows of tables to a small stool next to an ornate, gilded chair. Seagulls pecked at starfish in the wooden relief along the chair's backboard, doom vipers cresting the arm rests with all six heads. "Sit there," Iraira said, motioning to the chair. Setting herself on the rudimentary stool Iraira gave a good natured glance at the upper members of the marines who were filing in for dinner before returning her attention to Matra. "So tell me, what's been going on in Onu-Koro? Any way I can steal you from Akiri Nuparu's service?""Actually, that's what I wanted to talk to you about," Matrapolix said, taking the seat, "I requested a transfer. I want to be a marine again."Iraira nodded, gesturing to the moist fish spread about the table with a free hand as she pulled a steaming tortilla from its container. "Since the Akiri accensions transfers have been rather rare. They take more than enough paperwork to fill my filing cabinet. However, if you're willing to go through a slough of personal questions with HR, I really don't see why we can't simply re-enlist you. You'd be starting off as a petty officer, or some other menial position, but I'd see to it you're in my squad during missions. Sound reasonable?""I'd definitely be down with that," he said, his dinner appearing before his eyes mere minutes after he had ordered, "I'll be the best petty officer out there, but yeah. I can bear with starting small."The two moved into their meals after that, talking into the night about old times and wagers won and lost. Daylight slowly crept through the open frame of the inner walls when the two bid their goodbyes, Matra going to his small room among the garrison stationed throughout the city; Iraira waving him off before climbing the living stairwells to her office in the central communications building for over-due sleep.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

I skillfully turned the blocked attack into a sort of backflip off of the Skakdi’s body. The wall again, was about to run into me, so I flipped and kicked off of it, sending my body darting back towards the Skakdi as straight as an arrow.

See? I told you guys I was good.
The ringing in my ears was still as loud as it could be, and it was a miracle I could even tell K-Man Sparkles the Vortixx was saying something. Obviously, I didn’t pay attention. I was too busy making sure I was able to knock/push away any interfering limbs with my outstretched arms so I could get to that Skakdi’s face before he sonic blasted me again. Probably was gonna take some more sonic scream hurtin’, but I hoped I could do sufficient enough damage to stop or redirect it.

This time, the Skakdi had enough time to dodge to the left. In mid-move, he reached for the Toa with his let arm, keeping the right ready to throw a punch if need be, hoping to grab onto some part of his armor, or ideally, his mask. He was going to save his voice blast until he had the Toa a little less mobile.

BZPRPG Profiles

I grabbed onto the skakdi's arm, preventing the grapple, and the momentum of my swing carried me right into the cell wall, which I merely ran across as if my gravity was sideways. I hoped he'd let go, because I don't really know where I'm going with this move.

Ow. Shouldn't my ears be feeling better now?

Edited by Visaru

The Skakdi threw his weight back and flexed his muscles, wrenching the Toa away from the wall to be carried towards the ground by gravity and the force of the Skakdi's momentum. But again, Calix. He prepared himself for disappointment anyways.

OOC: Heading to bed now.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

While Yaddrokk handled Verak, four Marines entered the med ward and picked up Celite and Surina, escorting the weakened criminals from the detention center they were in to the courthouse. Upon arrival they were both sat down in chairs next to each other and shackled to the chairs at the wrists and ankles to prevent any sort of escape.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC Viima & Surina

(Ga-Koro, Courthouse):

As Surina and Celite were being strapped, Viima arrived. He would not miss this for anything. He took seat nearby, prepared to give another testimony if Hahli so decided.

Surina, on her part, said nothing. But her eyes were full of hatred. She was thinking of the best possible way to handle the situation. As always, what mattered was the best possible outcome for herself. There was no way to avoid a penalty, but Surina was certain she could conjure a few aces up her sleeve... even if only fake ones.

IC: (Kino)

"Alright, water sounds good, alcohol would just dull my senses anyway," I replied, I wiped my face one more time with the cloth and left the chopsticks in the bowl. I moved to get up from my spot on the bed. "Where should I take this bowl to get cleaned?"

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

"Oh, okay. Just thought I should clean up after myself. You're a very kind and gracious host though. Thank you for all this." I said, sitting back down for I also noticed myself wobble a bit as I tried to stand up. My body wasn't exactly too keen on the idea of leaving a warm bed it seemed. I handed the bowl to the owner, and realized something. "I don't think we every introduced ourselves, my name is Kino. What's yours?" I asked with a warm smile across my lips.

I sat there a few seconds completely nonplused by his immediate response.

Then he actually said his real name, and I reactively smirked to his little joke.

"Very funny Mr. Xilecki," I chuckled softly. "Alright then, but I'm going to need a little privacy first. Mind giving a girl some time alone?"

IC:

Joke mode activated.

No it isn't, shut up.

Oh, fine.

"I was waiting for you to admit that you would sleep," Xilecki said with a wry twist to his mouth, before stepping out the door. After closing it and walking halfway down the hall, he sighed.

"I should've made the joke..." he muttered to himself, resisting the immediate urge to laugh at the thought of it.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

As he left I saw the sigil emblazoned on the bed of his green cloak, a ring with a crossed rapier and sabre over it. I as I hear the door click shut, I stood up and went to the dresser, pulling out the silken robe, and laying it upon the bed.

A few minutes later the soft thud of leather could be heard against the wooden floor and I had the robe wrapped around my slender form. Probably should have asked the Vortixx to make it a size bigger, far too defining as I looked over myself. I gathered up my leather armor, hanging it a small rack against the eastern wall of my room, I noticed something in my case, before I returned to my bedside.

A small white pebble sat in the middle of the case, my smile fell flat and I picked up the pebble, rolling the smooth stone around my fingers and closed the case. I climbed into bed, preoccupied with the stone for a few minutes before setting it aside on the nightstand and closing my eyes. My breathing slowed down as my body relaxed into the warm mattress, and I slipped into slumber.

IC: Eidolon

Eidolon sat with his legs hanging over the edge of one of Ga-koro's main lily pads, staring into the depths of the water below.

The sea he thought. Has so much power over us, and yet...it has no true identity. Nobody is aware of it, as it dictates our world, endless and all powerful.

Eidolon narrowed his eyes, as if to focus on something tiny in the depths of the water. They reality was he was focusing his enhanced hearing. He could tell from the tone of the nearby voices that whoever it was up to something. Shifty and secretive. Not like the constant babble of other people, which he had long since learnt to filter out. He pushed himself to his feet, eyeing up the source of the voices. It was a strange group of beings, from all sorts of species. It wasn't immediately obvious, but they seemed to be rallying around a Skakdi, presumably their leader. The leader of 'Sixhand' as he had heard somebody mention, perhaps.

Of course, sitting down and staring at the water was an act that says 'leave me alone' but nothing suspicious. He could sit in plain sight, and be hidden from view. Now he was on his feet, he needed a purpose, and he made towards the crowd that was gathered not far from the group, but careful to keep the group within his line of sight.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

IC: Kordan

Kodan was a being that never really seemed to know who he was. He had always tried to have good morals, yet the things he could do... no, the things he had done. Surely when looked upon the yes of Mata Nui himself, he would not be seen as a good person. Kordan had never warmed to the island of Mata Nui. It wasnt just becuase he missed Zakaz either. Everyone seemed to have some sort of secret, and now he did too.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

OCC:Krios arriving from Le-Wahi.IC: [ Krios ] - Ga-KoroIt really was a beautiful village, abounding in natural splendour. The endless sapphire depths of the restless sea, the stark white cliffs shining in the brilliant sun, the...Blah. I gotta find a place to lie down and sleep. To Karzahni with beautific ocean-side villages.The tall male Vortixx made his way slowly along the gangplank-like streets of Ga-Koro, limping slightly. His clothing was rumpled, stained with the jungle mud of Le-Wahi; his black leather boots were dusty from the trail. A bead of sweat traced its way down his high reptillian cheekbone. He brushed it away with an impatient flick of the wrist, red-rimmed eyes of frigid blue squinting wearily at his surroundings.I am NOT cut out for long-distance, all-night travel. What a miserable experience.Still, he was here, and his enemies weren't. A mouth twisted in a grim half-smile, half-grimace, revealing sharp white teeth.He stumbled on, past the Kolhii field and into the central marketplace.

For half a second, I felt a burst of pain. It felt like there were two screwdrivers jammed into my audio receptors. My head was being torn to shreds. Another half second longer, I'd lose any hearing I had left.

Then both my legs swung much farther than expected, hitting Yaddrok below the jaw, probably jerking his head back, maybe breaking a tooth or two, and most importantly, redirecting the sound wave.

IC:

Surina looked up with hateful eyes as Hahli walked proudly from a door at the rear of the courthouse and took her seat before the court; on the right side was a jury of twelve Ga-Matoran, all of them non-military and non-government personnel. On the left was a small audience. The people observing had all been checked and searched ahead of time, with some civilians turned away, to prevent anyone from getting into the crowd. Aside from the Marines guarding the courthouse doors and windows, no one was armed. Hahli herself scooted forward and then slapped the desk once, forsaking a gavel.

"This court is now in session."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Ow. The Skakdi swore that if he lost a tooth... Nope, still there. But his jaw hurt like . The implants were good, though. Sturdy stuff, those. He rolled to his feet as quickly as he could. He had to take advantage of whatever time that partial hit had bought him. That was the problem with focused sonic blasts. They avoided damage to allies, but also made it easy to miss.

As soon as he was on his feet, he threw himself forward, arms outstretched.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

The question was still in the air, when another Ga-Matoran stepped up to the table the two Maru were sitting at, her shadow falling across the food still on it. She cleared her throat before Reordin could give an anser to Leah, who looked away from him (easier said than done), to see who the newcomer was. Leah looked at her and instantly noticed the Marines' insignia painted on the armor.

No peace and quiet for the me... she thought, but smiled pleasantly. The marine cut straight to the chase and said: "Forgive the intrusion, Toa Maru, but I was told to inform you that the Akiri has just commenced the trial of the two would-be assassins the Ko-Koronany caught."

Leah nodded, thanked the Marine. Once she was out of earshot, the Toa of water sighed. Their discussion would have to wait it seemed. Reordin looked at her with his head slightly tilted and eyebrows raised. She returned his look apologetically.

"Sorry Lt...I've got to attend, with the Ruhaku and all...if you want, we can continue this later or..."

She was cut off by Reordin snapping his fingers. "I think...I have a better idea. Come on, grab what you can!" he said, starting to pile food on a plate. Leah looked perplexed. "Wait...what are you thinking?"

--------------------------

Five minutes later, the two Toa Maru were standing to the side in the courtroom. Leah tried her best to look professional, but her embarrassed look was nearly impossible to hide, since her boyfriend team-mate had settled instead for a courtroom picnic, enjoying a small basket filled with crispy bacon and coffee-to-go. The Marines checking the attendants at the door had looked surprised and confused when they had entered. So did Hahli, for that matter, before stepping up in front of the small audience.

"This court is now in session."

Next to her, Reordin audible bit down onto another slice of bacon. Leah poked him in the ribs.

"Reordin, this is a serious trial!" she pleaded with him under her breath, almost hissing.

"And I need a serious snack-fix." he replied with a grin. Leah just closed her eyes and groaned, just loud enough for the Toa of ice to hear. "You're killing me here, you know that?"

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC(Daylaria-From Le-Koro)

"See? That was much quicker than it might've been."

She climbed out of the boat, stretching and dusting her armor off. It was good to be back, even if they had only been gone for a little bit. For a Ga-Koroan, she hated spending long periods of time in boats. She turned and addressed the small group. "Dismissed. I'll be visiting the court, so if you want to accompany me, go ahead. Otherwise, return to active duty immediately."

She hurried from the dock to the court, glad she had returned in time. She made it to the court just as they were closing the doors. She snuck in and found Leah, with a small wave before looking towards the court itself. Hahli was as fierce as ever. The jury was made up of regular Matoran- some she recognized, even. She relaxed, prepared for justice to be delivered. Speaking of delivery...

-----

A hook-blade connected with Verak's side. It appeared that Matrapolix, newcomer of the Marines, had let himself in. Though he had only just returned, he knew his way around the prison. Physically, he appeared threatening, and it was probably that the threat of two Toa was enough to scare him away from continuing to attack.

"Stand down."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:

Faori wearily shook the profferred hand, with a small smile.

"Faori, the pleasure's all mine. I don't normally hold with outsiders, but after what we've been through together, I'm prepared to make an exception."

Chuckling, she hauled on the tiller, wheeling the craft around so it was pointing to a small dock.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kixo/bzp/bzpbanner.swf
Previously known as tahakki-nuva, Zyglakky Tahakky, Dougal and Mister Brown Sauce. :P
qs7001.jpg

IC: Suran

"Further negotiations will likely be necessary," Suran commented before Daylaria left earshot. He then returned to the prison, where he witnessed a Toa of Stone brawling with a Skakdi marine, and a Toa of Sound intervening. "That is enough, Yaddrokk. And you too, Verak."

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: VoutokThe De-Matoran took his time getting off the boat; he was in no rush to witness the trial for the would-be assassins of the Akiri. Had it been that one Vortixx's trial, he would have gladly shown up (he'd probably have been told to regardless, given he was both a witness and one who played a direct role in finding him out and subduing him. Speaking of which..."I think I should see how the repairs on my disc are coming." Voutok said. "Farewell for now, fellow Marines." The De-Matoran then began making the relatively short-by-comparison trek from the docks towards Zacax's shop.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

IC:

The doors to the courtroom opened as a golden Matoran waltzed in, halting in front of the defendants. Giving them a cheerful smile, he flamboyantly twirled around to face Hahli, giving the Akiri a respectful nod. It was going to be interesting, defending for would-be assassins; in his role as a public defender, he usually dealt with minor cases, like petty thieves, serial killers and revolutionary members of the Vortixx Committee for Larger Chairs in Public Parks. Funny how he always got innocent victims when he was hired, and guilty ones when he served the public.

"Good morning ladies," said Yarre, turning to address his defendants. "I'm Yarre, and I'll be your defendant today. It'll be an absolutely FABULOUS trial, won't it?"

It was going to be fun, defending these two. The evidence was stacked against them - even he knew they were guilty, but his job was to defend them no matter how challenging it would be.

He wondered who the prosecutor would be.

IC:

The doors and windows stood open, the air moving through the home in lazy, light movements. It tugged lightly at the curtains, causing the bottoms to swish quietly on the second floor. The cool breeze entered through the upper windows from the ocean, sinking through the house, tinging itself with the scent of disinfectant and coffee grounds. The building stood on the edge of the water, the balcony opening out to the ocean. A pair of surfers, if anyone cared to look, were just visible in the distance, frolicking in the surf.

But the home itself was strangely still, oddly peaceful. Free for once from the constant stream of human traffic in and out, the owner had retreated upstairs. The ground floor was her clinic, where she took patients, and where she spent much of her time. The second floor was her home. Kitchen, bedroom, study. Far from the grand, rich home the exterior would indicate, her living space was spartan at best. Save for one thing.

The music started quiet, but it quickly swelled, permeating the home and drifting out over the water to be faintly heard in the village itself. It wasn't an uncommon occurrence; the residents of the area were used to the music that filled the air once in a blue moon. In her study, Liara hummed quietly to herself, fingers gracefully moving to and fro on the keys. They were guided from memory, not by sight. Her eyes were closed. A mug of coffee, long since forgotten, was perched on top of the intricately carved piano. The instrument was perfectly tuned, maintained on a daily basis. At least, she tried for daily maintenance. Sometimes she didn't have the time, but whenever that happened, she always made up for it.

"Don't try to explain your mind

I know what's happening here.

One minute it's love

And suddenly it's like a battlefield."

Her voice joined the music, melding in harmony with the melody. Each word slipped out without pause, recited from one of a library of songs. For the first few weeks, her skills had been shamefully rusty. Her timing, her ear, they had all languished during her years as a mercenary. But they had remained, tarnished though they were, underneath the memories of theft and battle. Instruments of peace, hidden amidst the tools of war.

Unbidden, memories floated to the surface, like bits of driftwood gliding into view, before vanishing beneath the waves once more. She remembered a little girl leaning determinedly over a piece of sheet music, struggling to force her untrained fingers to do whet they wanted. The little girl had never given up, never flown into a fit of childish rage, she had simply kept at it, determined to learn. She could see that same little girl, untold years later, pausing in the midst of a job to admire an ornate grand piano. She could remember every contour, every bit of the polished mahogany surface, as if it was permanently burned into her mind. And she remembered a more recent event. Weeks ago, on the very first day after finally putting down the bottle for good, she had found it. It had been buried away in a corner of one of the shops in the village. It was one of the stranger shops; they sold everything. They bought anything that wasn't wanted, and they sold it to someone who did want it. Such was the case with the instrument on which she played. Unloved, discarded, it had been left to gather dust, waiting for the day that it would be played once again.

The Le-Toa had found it quite by accident. She had been looking for a decent desk chair for her study, when her eyes picked it out of a pile of small items. It was in dire need of repair, that much was clear from the start. The wood was scuffed, the metal pieces tarnished, and the keys hideously off-tune. But she knew she could fix it. Someone had left it all alone, abandoned to rot, but she could fix it. Make it shine like new.

It had taken the help of three locals to get it from the shop to her home, and the aid of a Ba-Toa to get it to the second floor. That had been a slow weekend; it was the Akiri's inauguration, and there were few injuries. Her services hadn't been needed. So she had spent the weekend working on restoring her purchase to its former glory. Long hours were spent polishing and refinishing the wood, shining the metal, mending the internals, and correcting the tune. But at the end, her efforts had yielded their fruit. It had looked as good as the day it was made, save a few small, hidden imperfections.

But that was fitting. Everything left its mark, no matter how complete the recovery.

"One words turns into a,"Why is it the smallest things that tear us down?My world's nothing when you're gone

I'm out here without a shield, can't turn back now."

"Both hands tied behind my back for nothing, oh no,

These times when we climb so fast to fall again.

So why do we have to fall for it now?"

Memories of restoration, inevitably, inextricably, linked to what caused those scars. A single moment, a single day, a single instance frozen in time forever. A single moment of anger inside a shop, a bad decision. The small tremors that destroyed foundations. The small scratches in the surface of a piano, from isolated moments of carelessness, that led to its disuse.

"I never meant to start a-" Liara paused in mid-sentence, hearing a flurry of knocks at her door. Her eyes opened, cutting short her reverie. She almost literally glided to the window, just in time to see the one who had knocked, a Marine secretary named Eutuchia, running down the street, clutching his side. The Toa of Air sighed. She'd never have time to catch up, he'd have vanished by the time she got to the street corner. The fool.

She glanced back toward the seat she had previously occupied, debating whether or not to return to her introspection. After a moment, she shook her head, plucking the mug of coffee up, and sliding down the cover for the keys. "Too early in the morning to be inflicting my music upon the world."Turning to the door, her eyes caught sight of the two surfers, and for the briefest of moments, she paused. The two, even from a distance, were easily identifiable in their mannerisms. A small smile played at the corners of her mouth as she looked away, walking towards the stairs.

"Shame they all think I'm dead. Naona would have owed me ten widgets."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG