BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Kythera

Despite the fact the Kythera knew what to expect, the wave of sheer heat that washed over her was no less suffocating. How he managed to work in these conditions was beyond her, but it was what he did. The forge was large enough, with dull grey walls and a stone floor littered with metal scraps. Noticeably, there was no source of lighting besides the sunlight that seeped in through the open door. Being blind tended to make such things as lightstone superfluous.

The burly smith himself had his back to the two women, slowly rotating a bar of metal around before him. He spoke without turning in a rough, gravelly voice, "And how can I help you today, miss Kythera?"

"No me, her," the vortixx replied tilting her head towards Trava. The Ta-toa turned, wiping his hands on a clothe, before addressing Trava. His head was pointed to her, but noticeably not towards her.

"Is that so?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Trava (Pala-Koro, Ackune's Forge)

Ackune was a big, burly brute. He looked old, ancient, but so did the forge he sat by, as if he'd always been sitting there, forging, hammering hot metal, Trava shuddered at the idea of never moving, always staying in the same place. It was a life she could never imagine for herself.

She took a few steps forwards towards the smith, casting a quick, questioning glance at Kythera before turning towards the smith proper.

"I was looking to get my armor fixed up, it's been through a lot of rahi fights and travelling through thick vegetation and other inhospitable places, so I was hoping to give the whole thing a proper tune-up"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Aparangi):

The dark Toa looked to Jetzul as the last Skakdi that had come at them dropped to the floor. He gave him an approving nod, before noticing the Skakdi at his own feet was stirring. Quickly bending down, Aparangi grabbed the back of its neck and pulled back, before landing a quick jab straight to the throat. The Skakdi gargled and then fell silent. 

When ge got back up the others were moving towards their original target again and Aparangi followed them, the group passing spectator seats until they reached their quarry.

(Rewera)

Meanwhile, the other Aitua in Le-Wahi brought her armored foot down on another entropy beetle, which split apart with a sickening crunch. She wiped her heel in the surrounding grass to get the mush off of it. She was quite angry, witnessing the destruction that had been caused and seeing how the island fauna had been corrupted to serve a darker purpose. But there was no release for that anger. So she swallowed it, saving it for the day she'd come across the next shadow-servant. 

OOC: Rewera open for interaction. 

(Sisk)

There was a rush of wind near where Kongu and Verdi stood, along with some others, as Skyscratcher landed. The bird had carried its rider safely once again, helping to coordinate the fight against the swarms of beetles, but ultimately the rallied defenders had been so effective, they had wound up doing more scouting and pointing out where the bugs were thickest to others, rather than telling them what to do. Sisk slipped out of the saddle to rejoin his old friend. There hadn't really been time to catch up sooner. But maybe once Verdi was done with Kongu they might have time to chat.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC Izzun

"Um, well, I...." Izzun stood, looking at the fallen tree. "I... Um..." He slowly pushed the tree out of the way.

"I...Oh...Well...Um..."

OOC: Having some trouble. Apparently Izzun breaks BZPRPG rules, trying to fix that.

Edited by ghidora131

IC: Kythera

The vortixx stood back as Trava conversed with the smith, giving a nod of approval in reply to the Bo-lesterin's questioning glance. She herself had gotten her own armor repaired by the toa of Fire after it had been melted out of shape by a skakdi's laser vision. Getting that off from her body was not a pleasant experience to say the least. Who knew she had picked up some colourful skakdi curses, Kythera certainly didn't know until then.

And couldn't the smith make a window in here, really, she was drenched already. Far too stuffy, no wonder he talked like he had rocks for a throat.

Ackune inspected Trava's armor without moving an inch, courtesy of his Arthron which gave off a faint glow with its use. After just a moment, he nodded to himslef.

"I can fix that. It will take some time, considering the damage, but don't worry, there should be a set you can use in the meantime out back. I know how you young ones hate to stay out of a fight, and going into battle without proper armor is not something I'd wish on anyone.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: "It seems like they've been hit with a lot of misfortune lately. Used to be a lot more populated, but it seems like most people either died or scattered. Now Esao's trying to build things back up again."

IC Erwin

Misfortunate was a good word to describe the town, well. They'd be better described as ruins

"That is unfortunate. It seems a lot of the groups that formed to fight Makuta fell apart after the Maru defeated him. Maybe having an enemy can be a good thing"

...but close to it

IC (Aparangi):

The dark Toa looked to Jetzul as the last Skakdi that had come at them dropped to the floor. He gave him an approving nod, before noticing the Skakdi at his own feet was stirring. Quickly bending down, Aparangi grabbed the back of its neck and pulled back, before landing a quick jab straight to the throat. The Skakdi gargled and then fell silent.

When ge got back up the others were moving towards their original target again and Aparangi followed them, the group passing spectator seats until they reached their quarry.

(Rewera)

Meanwhile, the other Aitua in Le-Wahi brought her armored foot down on another entropy beetle, which split apart with a sickening crunch. She wiped her heel in the surrounding grass to get the mush off of it. She was quite angry, witnessing the destruction that had been caused and seeing how the island fauna had been corrupted to serve a darker purpose. But there was no release for that anger. So she swallowed it, saving it for the day she'd come across the next shadow-servant.

OOC: Rewera open for interaction.

(Sisk)

There was a rush of wind near where Kongu and Verdi stood, along with some others, as Skyscratcher landed. The bird had carried its rider safely once again, helping to coordinate the fight against the swarms of beetles, but ultimately the rallied defenders had been so effective, they had wound up doing more scouting and pointing out where the bugs were thickest to others, rather than telling them what to do. Sisk slipped out of the saddle to rejoin his old friend. There hadn't really been time to catch up sooner. But maybe once Verdi was done with Kongu they might have time to chat.

IC: Lathon

Lathon, still standing near Kongu and the others of the Force noticed another rider land. He admired the riders' bird.

"I have lifted myself on the wind but never have I flown on the back of a Gukko, is it exhilarating?" He asked of Sisk.

IC: Trava (Pala-Koro, Ackune's Forge)

"A'ight" Trava replied and took off back out through the forge entrance and walked around to the back.

The armor she found hadn't been designed for her, but after a moment or two of taking a closer look, the agile Lesterin decided she'd be able to wear it while she waited for her own armor to be fixed up.

She picked up the pieces and walked back around again to Kythera and Ackune.

"Alright, so, where do you suggest I change?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Trava (Pala-Koro)

Trava nodded and fell into step behind the Vortixx.

"You certainly went out of your way to make this place look like prime real estate. You could use a better road, though, I had to do some acrobatics to get here."

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Akhulii- EH

Akhulii wiped his dirty mask with the cloth that Lain had handed him. Beetle blood and mud caked parts of body.

"Ugh, I'm filthy from all this awful fighting, if there's going to be a ceremony to celebrate our victory, I'd like to take a nice bath. Getting my robes cleaned ought to be at the top of my list to do. I dunno, if there's going to be food at the celebration, might there be subs? We could make a personal request to Kongu. At this point I'm so hungry I could go for anything..."

He took out a small leather pouch and munched on some leftover grapes that he still had left over. He had picked an extra bunch earlier in the jungle. Now he munched on them as they walked.

"It's not much but it'll bide me for now..."

[Le-Wahi, Jungle Clearing]

“Shall we go back to the village?” Ranok asked Kunitu.  “I think I would be more use in the celebrations than out here.”

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif GMbsT.gif 0o6ku.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif BCQuL.gif CIPdo.gif Y5AOI.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Ranok held on as they lifted into the sky once again. The battle against the beetles had left the forest below them scared, but it would grow back again.

bLSFh.gif GMbsT.gif 0o6ku.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif BCQuL.gif CIPdo.gif Y5AOI.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

Ranok chuckled.  “Oh plenty.  I used to travel a lot more, playing at bars and such around the island, back before--”  the de-matoran’s face grew suddenly solemn.  “--back before my parents died.”

[BZPRPG Profiles]

[Le-Wahi, Flying Over the Jungle]

“Well, it was the dark-time,” Ranok stroked the gukko’s back--he needed something to keep himself grounded in reality.  “Plenty of people lost family, brothers, sisters…”  He trailed off; his throat felt tight as it always did when this subject came up.  “I think the hardest part was realizing that there was really no getting better.  They will be ever-gone and I will always miss them.  I can preserve the best-bright parts of them...in my songs.  My parents were happy people.”  He smiled at Kunitu, weakly but brightly.

“I don’t think they would want to stop being joyful when they were gone.”

Edited by Mel

[BZPRPG Profiles]

IC Frest, Le-Wahi jungle
Frest groaned and looked around. Seeing his two companions lying on the ground unconscious, he realised they must have been overwhelmed during the battle. Still, it looked like they must have won... he shouted to the others.
"Oy, you two- get up; I want to head to pala-koro to find out what's going on."
His companions began to wake, and he gathered their supplies for the journey.

Edited by WhenISayRun

gallery_111334_247_106455.png

BZPRPG Profiles- Frest, Knove, Buggzbi

IC: Colx (Secret Arena)

Aparangi and I made up the rear guard, while Jetzul, Alfon and Exa ran on ahead, moving away a few more of the Reveler's mooks, leaving me and the Toa to finish off the stragglers.

By the time we made it to the reveler's door, we were all more than a little gung-ho and probably ticked off at the guy who put us here in the first place.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Akiri Kongu

Kongu listened to Verdi carefully. He stepped forward and called out to all present, "Thank you all for defending Le-Koro! You have done us all a great service! I apologize for my absence, for I was in Ta-Koro. I believe by the time the description got to me, the defense would already be under way," he paused, "Brilliantly handled!" Kongu then addressed the volunteers, "To those who are not part of the Gukko Force, we are forever in your debt. To those who do not call Le-Koro home, yet still decided to defend it, I wish to recognize you for your efforts."

With a smile he finished, "Tonight there will be a party, and a ceremony for those that helped save our home. Thank you, and thank you again. I cannot express my gratitude enough."

• Upvote 1

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Akiri Kongu

Kongu listened to Verdi carefully. He stepped forward and called out to all present, "Thank you all for defending Le-Koro! You have done us all a great service! I apologize for my absence, for I was in Ta-Koro. I believe by the time the description got to me, the defense would already be under way," he paused, "Brilliantly handled!" Kongu then addressed the volunteers, "To those who are not part of the Gukko Force, we are forever in your debt. To those who do not call Le-Koro home, yet still decided to defend it, I wish to recognize you for your efforts."

With a smile he finished, "Tonight there will be a party, and a ceremony for those that helped save our home. Thank you, and thank you again. I cannot express my gratitude enough."

IC: Lathon

The black and lime armored Toa of Air listened silently to Kongu's words. The Akiri seemed to have a good handle on leading and protecting the village. It had been since Matau's reign since Lathon had been in Le-Koro.

His emerald eyes remained trained on the wise Matoran. "Akiri Kongu," Lathon bowed his mask. "I do not wish to bother you, but I would like to join the Gukko Force. I am sorry I was not here to aide in the battle to protect the village."

IC: Akhulii

"Well, I don't know about you, but I'll be staying in the koro for the party. And who knows, someone might need me and my incredibly useful alchemy skills!"

With this he took a small pouch filled with a powdered mix and tossed it in the air, which made little popping sparks which wizzed and danced around. He smiled slighty.

"Might as well start our own little party right here already. We did it!"

Akhulii was exhausted and taking a day or two for break from the huge battle would do him good.

IC: Kunitu

Kunitu nodded. She had been more fortunate than most during the Dark Time, but she had still seen many friends and colleagues fall against the shadows. But there was no use in mourning them forever; she missed them dearly, but people needed to move on.

"You will ever-remember them," she commented as they neared the village. "They sounded like wise people."

IC:

Krayn had seen Onuzek safely onto a ferry bound for Ga-Koro. He had seen that Skyra’s mother was assured in her path, though she stated that she would leave by herself.

Then he had gone home.

He didn’t really know why he had made up his mind, what about the events of the past few hours had made his choice so clear. Perhaps it had been seeing so many enemies being given a second chance. More than that, using their second chance. Making an honest effort. It didn’t wipe away what they had done. Not by a long shot. But they had changed their ways, or at least learned to use them for the benefit of the island and not its detriment. Maybe it had been seeing a reunion between two people who cared about one another. Maybe it had been the reunion between Skyra and her mother. Or perhaps it had been the realization of how easily Skyra had left, and how alone he had been once she and his comrades from Po-Koro were gone.

Maybe it was all of them. If the De-Toa really thought about it, the irony was palpable. It had been Dorian Shaddix who taught him that paths could change, and Skyra Daring who showed him exactly what his path was.

The officers at the elevator told him that Le-Koro had only just been returned to. A large scale evacuation had taken place, they said, due to a plague of unusually voracious insects. The blight had been defeated by the Force’s flyers with the aid of some civilians without harm to the trees that held the village. Akiri Kongu had declared that there would be a party. The last fact put a small smile on the Lieutenant’s face. Kongu had always been one for parties, and Le-Koro’s parties were legendary the island over. There would be musicians and dancing, shopkeepers staying open late for the customers, and restaurants working overtime to ensure they had food to sell. Half the village would go, if not more, and the noise would be enough to drive a De-Toa mad.

It was exactly what he needed.

He fished a key out of his pocket as he stepped off of the main ‘street’, climbing a short stairwell to the platform that held his home. It was a modest abode, one stretching up into the branches of the tree that held it. The lock turned easily, and the door opened invitingly with a slight push. Krayn stepped inside quietly, closing the door behind him with a quiet click. Emerald eyes surveyed his domain as if for the first time; the living room was level with the door, a half-flight of stairs flanking either side of the couch to rise towards a combination of both his dining room and his kitchen. A ladder led over his head to a small loft containing his bed, and though he could not see it, a small shelf of his favorite books.

If he was honest with himself, he’d spent more time sleeping at his desk than in his own home. It had been so long since he had spent a night here that he had almost forgotten what it looked like. He crouched before the ground floor shelves, running a thumb over the spines of the books before him. Adventures, mysteries, histories… One out of every few would be so worn that he could no longer read the title, but those were the titles he didn’t need to read. He had known, still knew, them by heart. The Calix Conundrum. Ten Years On Mt. Ihu, Tales from the Mines, he had read them all so often that he had known the stories by heart. The next shelf down held nonfiction tomes, volumes on medicine and weapons, academics and biographies. After a moment, he reverently pulled some of them from the shelves, carefully stacking them on the table in front of the couch. He ascended to the kitchen in a few steps, looking through the cupboards curiously. Not much remained in the way of food, though he hadn’t expected much. The cupboard over contained his pots and pans, alongside his collection of plates. After a moment’s thought he left them alone.

The drawers, however, were slightly more useful. A collapsible pot was placed on the table alongside the books, followed by a foldable knife and a small tinderbox. He abandoned the kitchen after only a few minutes, ascending to the highest level of his home. He perched on the edge of his bed, staring once more at a shelf of books. This time, however, many were hand written. Notebooks, mostly, with information from cases and everyday life. Before him, meticulously organized, was a chronicle of his past stretching back to basic training. He pulled a volume at random, skimming its pages silently. The shuffling of paper became the soundtrack for the travel of time, months and years back into the shadows of the past. It was returned to the shelf just as quietly, though he soon pulled a couple of notebooks and tucked them under his arm. A look through his night stand added only a small dagger and a Force book of regulations.

His guitar stand stood in the corner, but he had already removed the instrument. It waited on the ground floor, resting for the first time after its journeys. The De-Toa descended once more, carefully loading the items he had gathered into a pack taken from the coat hook by the door and cinching it securely against his back.

A few quick strides took him to the door, but he paused to survey his domain once more. Wherever his path had taken him, no matter how long he had been away, this was where he had returned. The bastion of peace, a place to relax and rest. Then he looked away, stepping through the doorway and locking the door behind him. He carefully tucked the key back into his chest pocket and stepped back onto the village’s streets.

The Force’s headquarters was exactly as he had expected. Most of its officers were elsewhere, either seeing to the return of the village’s citizens or preparing for Kongu’s party. No one bothered him as he strode through its doors, breezing past the lobby towards his desk. His feet traced a well-worn path in the floor, one they had followed countless times before. He knew this building like no other. He knew the layout of its hallways, he knew the quickest routes to his superior officer’s office, and he could have listed every exit the building possessed. He remembered when he hadn’t known any of that.

On Krayn’s first day in that building it had been foreign, as unfamiliar as Onu-Koro would have been. The officers had roamed about freely, each with their own sense of purpose. Laughter could be heard in the halls, colleagues and friends greeting each other in passing. It had been awe-inspiring, and from that moment on there had been no doubt as to what he wanted. He wanted more than anything else to be an officer in the Gukko Force. He wanted to do good, and he wanted to be a part of that world.

Years later when he walked through those doors it was with all the pride of an officer fresh out of training. So enthusiastic and so proud to be a member of the Force, ready to make the world a better place. He didn’t just want to be an officer, he wanted to be the best. He aspired to be as good as Captain Kongu, or Flight Lieutenant Darylhii. His dreams had been of catching the villain and learning to be a hero.

Now he walked through those doors with a similar determination. He had changed along the way, that much was undeniable. Darylhii had smashed his pedestal, and Krayn’s dreams had been tempered by reality. Unending conflict tarnished the luster the world had possessed, and he had been driven away from his colleagues. Even now the few inside the building looked at him askance, as if surprised to see him back in Le-Koro. With how long he had been away… Perhaps that wasn’t surprising.

No amount of time, however, could make him forget the path to his desk. He sank once more into that worn desk chair, resting his hands on the solid wood tabletop. There was little to mark it as his own, but a single picture frame sat off to the side. An Airman’s badge was pinned to the backing, proudly occupying the center of its housing. The Lieutenant carefully picked it up, looking at the badge with a smile. Upon his very first promotion it had entered its casing and from that day forward lived on his desk, an eternal reminder of how he had started. He chased away the past with the faintest shake of his head, setting the frame back down. The drawers of his desk held mostly case files, files that were all withdrawn and carefully ordered by date. Resolved files were placed in their own stack, and both were neatly pushed to the corner of the surface.

The Lieutenant paused, clasping his hands and bracing his elbows on the desk. No one had disturbed him, not once since his arrival. No words of greeting, no laughter or anecdotes to exchange. In a way, that was his fault. He had never mended the bridges to his colleagues, nor had he endeared himself to the public. He had meant well. That he could say truthfully, and rest easy knowing. His intentions had been good, and he hoped that he had managed to do some good through them. He had followed his path as unerringly as he could. But a crossroads had been reached.

When he sat down at his desk, the Toa had wondered if someone would dissuade him. Whether some kind of sign would appear to urge him to take another path. Sitting in that same place now he knew no such thing would happen. He withdrew, with a deep breath, the final few objects from his desk.

The Lieutenant had made up his mind. Paths could be changed, and it was time to change his. He would never cease protecting Le-Koro, not while he still drew breath. The village had raised him. Its cheer and optimism embodied everything that Makuta had never managed to crush, the sky through which the force flew embodied everything he had never managed to take. Its people were good. Its officers knew their duty. He would never stop protecting it. But it wasn’t home anymore. The names on the desks around him belonged to strangers, and those he passed in the streets knew him not. He had never seen the secretary before, and even the few Force members around him, nose to the grindstone on one task or another, were unfamiliar. Le-Koro had changed and moved on. Krayn had too.

He opened the thick tome of regulations from his desk, turning to Article Nine. His eyes scanned the page slowly, but not out of necessity. He knew all the regulations by heart, and these were no exception. He only read them to verify what he already knew. With a pen taken from the same drawer he dutifully recorded upon a blank piece of paper the date and his name, followed by a statement that he had never expected to write. The rest was formality, though taken no less seriously. He placed, at the bottom of the page, his signature in precise and elegant penmanship before copying the document on a second page of paper.

One for the records, and one for the superior officer. So the regulation stated, and so it would be.

The first was placed in the center of his desk, atop the closed volume from which it had been read. In the Village of Air there was always a fear that the wind would disturb paperwork, so he reached into his coat and withdrew a paperweight. He sat still for just a moment then stood and calmly pushed his chair back in. The second paper was folded and sealed, held loosely in his left hand.

Krayn looked at his badge where it lay, resting atop his letter of resignation. It had seemed so heavy in recent years that he expected its absence to be a great weight lifted from his shoulders. He hadn’t known what he would feel, but he hadn’t expected such acceptance. Perhaps he had known this was coming. He just hadn’t admitted it. This transition, this crossroads choice, really only served to reflect something he had known for a long time.

Le-Koro was no longer home. Home was where you were known and accepted, where your friends were. Where your family was. The Village of Air hadn’t been home for a very long time. The realization wasn’t a bitter one, nor was it a sad one; it was simply acceptance of a truth. The De-Toa stepped away from his desk, pivoting to face the door. His feet carried him down that well-worn path once again, pausing in the lobby long enough to give the secretary the second letter with instructions to send it to Commander Daring.

He passed through those doors, took a dozen steps onto the platform and stopped. He turned in place, snapping to attention and favoring the Gukko Force with a salute. He held the stance for several moments, ignoring the gaze of any passerby. Finally the arm dropped to his side and he slipped the frame from his desk into a coat pocket. He turned away from the building, walking towards the elevator that had carried him into the village.

It was time to go home.

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk
  • Upvote 7

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: 

Adrenaline still coursed through Rune's veins as she made her way back through the war-torn jungle to where she had left Detrix and Trava. Beetle corpses littered the ground and crunched beneath her feet as she walked. The forest was different now, though. The insect infestation had changed her home into something foreign and unfamiliar. She could hardly recognize the layout of anything, and it wasn't long before she became hopelessly lost.

After at least an hour of wandering, the sound of music caught her ear. The drone of a bass could be heard distinctly through the disheveled trees, and thrummed an edgy tune that wasn't exactly pleasant, but catchy nonetheless. The Vo-Toa followed it, intent on becoming un-lost. 

The music grew louder as she entered a large clearing.

Finally, someone who can tell me where in karzahni I-

She almost turned around and walked away right then in response to the sight her eyes currently beheld.

There sat Detrix, playing his axe-like-sword-thing as if it were an instrument. She hadn't noticed it before, but there were four thick strings that ran along the length of the weapon.

"Um, hi." she said hesitantly. Sure, he was probably the last person on Mata Nui she wanted to see, but he was company nonetheless. 

Company that still owes me a drink, she noted mentally, her lips twisting into a slight smirk at the thought. It had been a while since she'd had a good one. 

Edited by Requiem

IC Kigta: 

Kigta walks up to his compadres, putting his arms on their shoulders, realizes that the Akiri is present, and bows. "Greetings, great one." Kigta says graciously. He then turns to Izzun, and asks, "Where's my sub?"

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran