Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Eps

Eps chuckled. He laughed more and more as the Anger poured into him. "I HAVE ONE SIMILARITY WITH MY BROTHER, ######. AND THAT IS THAT I'M ALWAYS ANGRY." Eps yelled, and charged forward, edging past the polearm and swinging his fist straight for Venom's face.

IC: Venom - Hallways

"Good. Then we have something in common."

Venom leaned her head to the side in order to dodge his fist, dropping her weapon onto the floor as his knuckle cut through her cheek and making a grab for his wrist as the rest of her body maneuevered itself towards his flank in order to pin it behind his back, grimacing at the strain her movement was putting on her injured leg as she did so. She then proceeded to attempt to grab the back of his head and slam it straight into the adjacent wall.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Sliver - Doublecross (Terrain Crawler). 

Being stuck in the Crawler while everyone was away – no doubt off fighting for their lives – gave me a lot of time to just lie there and think. My mental state was turbulent, shifting, painful and disjointed – matching my physical state of being pulled apart and put back together.

The rahks on my team…. I’d just abandoned them…. left them to the Visorak. Not out of cowardice, but because I’d believed that if they were unable to take care of themselves, they didn't deserve to live. Yet here I was, mangled and broken, completely helpless because I’d been too weak to kill my pathetic brother. I hadn't been able to take care of myself…. did that mean didn't deserve to live?

No!

I pushed the thoughts down, crushed them, buried them deep, locked them away and threw away the key. I was more deserving than any of these fools! They had no right, while I had every right. I’d been born for greatness, for power, to rule over lesser beings and grind them into the dirt beneath my heel if they dared to stand against me.

Why? Because Daddy had said so...

The two level one Rahkshi stood in the ring, each one clutching a staff. In the middle of the ring stood their Makuta, a towering, spindly being of steel and shadows, wreathed in a cloak of darkness. Blazing red eyes regarded the two Rahkshi, before the colossus spoke, his voice surprisingly gentle and melodious for such an imposing being.

“Remember… I will only give one of you the privilege of attending Tridax’s little academy. Only the very best of my breed shall be allowed to represent me.”  He stepped back, gesturing for the two to begin their spar.

The more confident of the pair – a cyclone rahk with a bizarre black and white colour scheme – lunged forwards, swinging her staff at her foe – a black and orange striped vacuum rahk.

He flailed wildly with his weapon, managing to deflect her strike before backing away, arms shaking. The cyclone rahk didn’t give him a chance to retreat, darting forward to smoothly swipe his legs out from under him. He hit the ground, and the handful of other rahks watching burst into a fit of laughter.

The cyclone rahk joined in with the laughter… and that was her mistake.

With surprising speed, the vacuum rahk shot to his feet, swinging his staff like a club with both hands to catch his opponent under the chin. The cyclone rahk’s head snapped backwards, the faceplate badly dented from the strike. Before she could recover, he hit her again, striking her on the other side of the head and sending her tumbling to the floor.

Fuelled by adrenaline and blind determination, he swung his staff down at her for a final strike… and she caught it. Wrenching the weapon from his hands, she tossed both staffs aside and launched herself to her feet. Power and fury exploded through her form as she struck out with her bare hands, caught him by the throat, shoved him over, pinned him to the ground, slammed his head into the floor again and again and again and again...

And then… her movements slowed… her strength fading away… her limbs leaden.

The Makuta strode forwards, releasing the cyclone rahk from the effects of her hunger powers. “You lack self-control, Sliver,” he said sternly, “I told you to prove your skills, not murder your brother.” He nudged her with his foot, rolling her off of her victim, before leaning down to help the vacuum rahk to his feet, the touch delivering a powerful jolt of quick healing.

“You shall go to Corpus Rahkshi on my behalf, Exxan," the Makuta’s voice was almost a whisper, “your skills are lacking, but I believe that will change given time.”

“Thank you,” Exxan stammered, managing a stiff bow. “I…” he seemed lost for words.  

“There,” The Makuta raised a hand, and the courtyard wall seemed to writhe, the thick vines clustered against the stone edging away to reveal a door that no rahk spawned by this Makuta had ever seen the other side of, “through that door you will find a boat. The Skakdi at the helm have instructions to take you directly to Corpus Rahkshi. Now go.”

Exxan nodded meekly, scurrying through the door and vanishing into the night-time air of the outside world. Sliver caught the briefest glance of the moon and stars – she’d never seen them before – and then the door slammed shut once more.

“Go now, all of you!” the Makuta’s tone had changed, become harder, sterner. He knelt down to gently pick up Sliver, cradling her in his arms as he carried her towards another door that had revealed itself.

“You said I would go…” she sobbed, “…you promised me… said it was my destiny…”

“I’m sorry about all of this,” the Makuta sounded genuine as he stepped through the door – which had opened of its own volition – “but I had to make the others believe Exxan had proven himself.”

“What…?” Sliver’s voice was weak with exhaustion, but her eyes widened at the sight of what lay before her.

The door opened up onto a balcony, overlooking the dock where Exxan was even now stepping onto the boat. The moon and stars glistened like jewels overhead, reflecting off the choppy waves that battered the rocky shore of the island fortress.  

“I have no use for him here,” the Makuta explained, helping Sliver lean on the railing. “But I do have use for you. He is weak, confused, and unskilled. He needs the training, and the experience. But you do not.”

“What do you mean?” The boat was pulling away now. 

“You didn't notice, did you?” he chuckled. “That surge of power you felt when you threw Exxan to the ground, when he couldn’t stop you. You’re level two, my dear. You did it.”

“That’s why you used hunger…” she trailed off, finally understanding, “…you didn’t want…”

“I was going to send you, but now… you’re of far more use to me here,” her father replied, “I hope you can forgive me for breaking my promise.”

“Yes, of course, but…” she trailed off, “…the others… I nearly killed Exxan. They'll hate me.”

“Hate, or fear?” the Makuta challenged, “do you really want to be the victim of their prejudices, or would you rather be the queen you were always supposed to be?”  

“A queen?” The boat had almost vanished from sight, and Exxan hadn't looked back even once. 

“Yes. A queen. A ruler. A conqueror,” her father smiled, an expression that would have terrified many a lesser being, “So tell me Sliver, what are you?”

I smiled, sitting up off the bed, my injuries healed. I'm a Rahkshi.”  

Edited by Locus
  • Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Dakilik

Dakilik bristled with anger. "OK, I call karz here. I get that you're mad that I've been thrashing the library, and your armor, but you need to lighten up. I'm sitting here trying to play some tunes, and you're just... what, jealous? I don't know. I'm crazy. Not a very good judge of character."

Dakilik stood up now, his scar looking more fierce than crippling. "Now, you can leave me be here with Vaalku, or on my own if needs be, or you'll find the infirmary a more pleasing place than the gym."

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC: Mortsia

Mortsia simply shrugged. It seemed as if the Rahk was a little salty. Although, he felt as if he was being treated as a child, something he was not used to. Mortsia knew for sure that he couldn't carry the matoran while moving like he usually does. Mortsia looke at Vlad. "I can't carry him what with how I move," he speaks, regularly this time. He then jumps on the ceiling, then crawls and swings out of the infirmary.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC Kat:

It was on this day I learned how broken ribs felt.

Smashed into by something as Large as a Kahgarak will do that to you.

My armor suffered the brunt of the damage, bending and warping, leaving an imprint of the Queen's armored carapace in my chest.

Two of the armor's ribs cracked and I winced.

Three or four of my itty bitty Kraata ribs broke outright, one puncturing a lung.

I screamed.

And flew back, swords clattering to the ground covered in blood, falling to the earth myself with a dull Thud.

Dakilik dodged the attack, and tried hiding in the stacks. "Where's a librarian when you need him?" He shouted, trying to get some protection.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC: Snake - Library

I've come to the Library tah relax a bit and get my head around this bloody mess...months asleep, or at least memory-less, and no clues...

OOC: SOMEONE INTERACT WITH SNAKE PLEEEEEEEEEESE

IC: Torch - Nynrah

After a few second I manage to haul my body to its feet sloppily. I hear Shock's call...doesn't he realise my art isn't somethin' that can be forced? It's something that has to flow freely, as freely as the fire it employs, as wild untamed, consuming all in its path without thought or reason, purely chaotic.

Another blast flings me sideways and into a wooden hut, my body smashing  through the wall, splinters spraying everywhere. The matoran inside comes at me with a huge metal chopper in hand, and we can't have that

Whoomph.

Dodged? What a disrespectful little matoran, really mean. Some more of them are shouting and running towards me as the fire catches and the hut blazes with pretty sparkling light...but I don't like the shouting, it makes me feel nervous, so I make the matoran go away with some lovely fire. I can't understand why they don't like the flames, but I guess it's their choice what they like, even if it is a bit silly.

IC: Raith - Library

I rush in after Nymph, tears beginning to stream from my eyes. I call his name, but then remember that it is common etiquette to be as silent as possible in the Library. People frown at me, but I attempt to ignore them, plowing onwards after Nymph.

Kathok

IC: Nymph (Library)

I scamper along between the shelves, heavy bag of grenades rocking and swaying as I go, until I find the corner at the far end of the library where I usually sit; the chair with no legs left; the enclosing shelves of books on the theory of protodermic powers. I throw myself down on the chair violently, pulling my knees right up to my face and shivering hard, so terribly hard.

i feel like this might be a bad time to make you feel bad about yourself again

oh well

yolo, right?

VANDAL

My teeth begin chattering.

Edited by Miras the Omniscient

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Shock

"Thank the Makuta." Shock said. The matoran with the Zamor came over, aiming at him. Can't have that, Shock said. He leaped at the matoran before he could fire, and tackled him. Carefully, he removed the mask, then punched him in the face, hard. Shock picked up the Zamor Launcher, then... Realized he had one shot. Shock fired the Zamor at a matoran. It hit near, and caused a small explosion. Of course that was his only shot. The matoran flew back, and hit a building, unconscious. Shock looked around. There were only a few matoran left, and most were starting to slowly retreat. Shock had an idea. He let out an unearthly screech. Well, that scared one matoran off. "Screech at them! We can raid and burn afterwards!" Shock yelled.

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

IC: Char - Hallways

Well, the had two Rahkshi of Density Control, one colorful Rahkshi of Anger, and their cowering Rahkshi of Mind Reading. And Ice Resistance, counting herself. At lower levels, none of those seemed very... secretive, or even effective. She sighed, wracking her brain for any kind of plan that might help her win favor with this group.

"If we... sent someone's Kraata in..." she hazarded, "Our powers might give us enough time to get to the door and open it from the inside. Your density control," she pointed to Vitesse and Revenge, "means he couldn't crush you as easily, while my Ice Resistance would make it hard for him to catch me. What do you think?" she looked at the others eagerly, almost sincerely hoping they liked her idea. It might be dangerous, but the risk could be worth the reward.

IC: Hoto - Malebranche

Maybe it was more innocent than she had first thought. Jayar's doubts had just put her a little on edge.

"Well... thank you for your offer..." Hoto replied quietly. "But I think I'm alright." She quickly turned to face Phogen and Jayar, wondering when they would pipe up. Did... they see anything she could change? Or... something she was missing about the offer? Sometimes, it was hard to not see everything.

IC: Fang - Visorak Jungle (Team Backstab)

His flight came to a jarring halt as a crack and a scream cut the air. And then he was right back to the Kahgarak, searching for the source. He knew what had happened.

It didn't take him long to find her, chassis cracked and dented. He took it all in with a glance, then landed beside her, trying to analyze her injuries while keeping an eye on the Kahgarak. It wouldn't be easy, but they should be able to move her. He would need another.

The only others nearby were Exxan and Sidonas. One a murderer who did not hesitate to use force. The other a thief who cared little for the personal items of others. Fang signaled over to Sidonas, shutting Exxan entirely from his view. "We need to get her out of here," he shouted. "We don't have much time." He bent down, hoping Sidonas would be there soon to help.

For a moment, his eyes jumped to Venom, lying on the forest floor. He couldn't carry it too. But Kat was more important.

Dakilik blocked with his axe, and  continued running. He saw someone sitting in a chair in the far corner. "Hey, you gotta help. This blood-thirsty wacko is trying to kill me!"

IC: Nymph (Library)

I continue shivering in the corner.

is that someone talking to you?

i advise a grenade.

Here? In the Library? I thought you wanted me to keep these books safe? Not to mention... Why the Karz would I throw a grenade in here?

um

idk

i feel like my argument has fallen apart here.

Because it has.

since when were you such a smart-#####?

Like, two minutes ago. 

you mean when you were walking around with that girl and being like petrified of her?

better put some ice on that BUUUURRRRRNNNNNN!

I hate you.

love ya too, dearie.

Edited by Miras the Omniscient

VBWj75sh.png

IC Mar'jik:

Mar'jik sighed, getting up and walking toward the door. He considered Char's plan for a moment, and then pressed his palms against the door. Breathing outwards, he closed his eyes and reached out with his meager Level 2 powers, trying to sense the Matoran's mind and his emotions.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Jayar / House of Grossh

Once in his readings Jayar had encountered the phrase 'love is blind,' and at Hoto's sightless uncertain glance it came to mind, true in more ways than one. How could he possibly see anything in his blind love that he would have her change? He wondered briefly what she would look like painted gold - or here, more likely covered in actual gold - but really couldn't say he thought it any superior to her current coloration, not to mention it contradicted her very name.

He shrugged and murmured to her, "Sounds good to me."

IC: Vlad / Infirmary

Sheesh.

Vlad gingerly picked up the unconscious Matoran, Cloak of Umbra wrapped around his arms providing a slight cushion between his prone form and angular Rahkshi armor. "Lead zer vay, zen," he said to Xara, fully expecting a condescending, irritated reply.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Sidonas - Visorak

Sidonas landed near Fang. He looked over at Kat's damaged form. "Karz.. Hey Kat, you're going to be okay.." Sidonas set down his bag and started digging for supplies. "I cannot help carry her, as I only have one good arm, but I can find something to create a form of stretcher to carry her on if need be." Sidonas pulled out what he could find. A thick, long sheet of paper, some gears, cogs, map making tools, various bits and ends of gadgetry that he could hopefully fashion into something useful, some rope, a few supports and a tarp that seemed to be able to hold a fair amount of weight, a few hooks, some chain, a vial of Makuta-knows-what and some fruit from the boxes he had smuggled in some time ago. "Not sure if any of this will be useful, but I'm sure I can fashion something to help out of all this. Exxan, make yourself useful and help an inventor with one arm working build something medically supportive for our friend here."

Sidonas pulled out his Codex and quickly scanned his schematics, looking for something, anything he could use to help.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

"What kind of guitar? Electric's loud and hard, but this here is also an acoustic, just as calm as that there harp!"

Dakilik blocked with his axe, accidentally bumping a shelf. He quickly righted it, making sure no books fell.

Dakilik blocked the jab with the neck of the axe. "Sonics Rahkshi, remember? I can change it's time art any time! Now, leave me alone!"

Fang gently pushed Kat down again. "No, you are not," he said, tenderly. He snapped back to Sidonas, completely serious once more. He eyed the strange array of items there. Even he knew how to put together a stretcher from the tarp and supports. He walked over and started unfolding the tarp to wrap it around the poles. "No need," he said to Sidonas. "This won't take long. We just need to..." 

Karz, the Visorak were very close. It might not take long to get Kat up, but they might not even have that. Fang worked frantically, trying to manage the simple folds as quickly as possible. "Exxan, hold them off while we get her up!" he shouted.

IC: Char - Hallways

She did her best to look disappointed, though she really didn't mind. Something like that should have been considered already. "Breaking the handle wouldn't help us get in," she told the others. "A teleportation Rahkshi is probably our best bet, but we can't leave him alone..." she thought for a moment, as if making a terrible decision. "I'll stay right here with him," she gestured to Mar'jik, "while you guys find a teleportation Rahkshi. There has to be one somewhere in this school, and you know the students better. Maybe our Mind Reading friend could tell us something that will help."

IC Vaalku

Arrrrrrhhghghhhghghghhghhghghghghgghghghghgg

That was it. He was headed to the infirmary. Maybe he could get a wheelchair or something to ram annoying idiots with. How, with one hand would he would operate one he didn't know, but he couldn't think in this mess.

So saying he nodded a friendly nod to a Rahk standing by the doorway (snaaaaake) ad began hobbling down the halls with his harp.

IC: Vitesse

Vitesse kept her mask of no emotion, but couldn't help but think: she seemed anxious to stay. Either she didn't want to meet any body who would hurt her, or the very less likely option she was plotting to kill the matoran. How, though? Vitesse doubted that this small but chubby Rahk could fit in the vent. Yea, she is probably afraid, Vitesse thought. "Alright, then. One of us should check a major area: the gym, refectory, library, and infirmary. Afterwards, meet back here. If we do not find one in those areas, we move to checking the dorms. Good?" Vitesse asked.

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

IC: Sidonas - Visorak

Sidonas, with his one good arm, assisted Fang with the folds and building of the support, ensuring the structure was as stable as could be in the little time they had. While at work Sidonas begun to feel angry at the situation before him. "The love of my life was severely wounded today, another innocent Rahk killed, and I nearly lost my life to a crazed maniac and his friend. We're getting everyone out alive this time. You hear me? I'm not allowing anyone else to die on this stupid assignment-turned-Karzahni! Fang, we will get everyone out alive or I'm not an inventor trying to make up for thievery. Kat, you are going to be alright. Just stay with us. Fang needs you. Do you hear me?" Sidonas said in a partially angry tone to Kat and Fang, though not directed at them, but rather the fact that he was angry. Recoil had been hurt and had not seemed to wake and be in such a healthy state as he, he had seen a maniac kill a Rahkshi who seemed guilty of nothing but being on the wrong team, then said maniac and his friend had tried to kill Sidonas for no reason but simply to do so. Now Kat, someone who seemed to stand for what was right, and had gone out of her way to save Rahkshi that he was unaware whether they were her friends or not, was hurt because of those Karzing Visorak? As he folded and quickly tossed the other items in a hand full back into his bag.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

IC: Xara - Hallways.

I stayed ahead of the others, making sure each section of hallway was clear before gesturing for them to follow me. I was heading towards the empty dorm wing, simply because it was the quietest, least-visited part of the school. 

IC: Era - Terrain Crawler.

I flew on ahead of the others, making sure the path was clear, and soon reached the Crawler. "We did it," I said breathlessly as I landed, "We drove off the Kahgarak and rescued the prisoners. They're on their way back now." 

IC: Exxan - Jungle.

I paused, uncertain. Three knives... no sword... limited powers... but I had to try. "Okay!" I shouted through the nest of branches between us, "You guys get out of here, I'll hold them off for as long as I can!"

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Venom - Hallways

Venom let herself fall to the floor, refusing to release her hold on him as she pivoted her shoulder so that the Rahkshi's spines wouldn't dig into her during the impact. Using the arm that had previously been grabbing his head, she hooked it beneath his own and attempted to deliver what she planned to be a series of strikes with the bottom of her fist to the side of his face, hoping that he'd either outright lose conciousness from all of the rattling around that his brain would be doing or at the very least cause him to lose his concentration long enough for her to do some real damage to his armor.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Fang tried to focus on finishing up the stretcher and getting it under Kat, but Sidonas' ramblings weren't helping. His motions became fierce, and a low growl escaped him.

What, is that my fault? ...It is, isn't it? I could have killed him. I nearly killed Recoil... why should I care? He's just a thief...

He suddenly jumped to his feet. "We're going!" he snarled. "Save your words for when we're safe!"

As carefully as he could, he helped Kat onto the stretcher. Before they took off, he spared one last glance at Exxan, then down to the blood-streaked blades before him. Remembrance, the poisoned blade that had threatened Kat. Venom, the sword forged by his own hand, crafted to endure his plasma. He couldn't take them. Exxan would need them more.

His hand hovered over Remembrance for a moment before grasping the unfamiliar weight. As much as he would rather see the infernal sword melted to scrap than back in Exxan's hands, it was the obvious choice. He couldn't have Venom defiled in that murderer's hands after all this. He tossed the blade back to its owner with a stern, "I want to see my sword again," before resuming his position at the head of the stretcher. He waited for Sidonas' signal before departing.

IC Kat:

I coughed up blood, spitting it into the dirt.

"I'm hurt, not dying," I said to Sidonas.

"Couple of broken ribs. -cough- Agh... what...what's the status of the hostages?"

I looked to see Fang's blade on the ground.

"f-fang...." I wheezed.

"Put your sword on the stretcher."

Edited by Chumpu

IC: Exxan - Jungle. 

I caught the blade, turning to face the oncoming horde of Oohnorak. I'd made a lot of mistakes, ruined lives, even taken lives. But this was my chance to make up for all of that, and save some lives. "Fang! As soon as you get the Crawler, get off this karzed island!" I started clambering up through the tree's broken branches to give myself a better view. "I'll be fine!" 

We both knew I was lying. 

Edited by Locus
  • Upvote 1