Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

One more profile, then I promise I'll hold off on approval requests for a while.

Name: Fia

Species: Fa-Toa

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental control over Magnetism

Power/Weapon 2: Two protosteel prosthetic legs that can be changed from essentially metal boots to sharpened running blades. If Fusa tries to change her legs in the middle of combat, though, she invariably screws it up and winds up losing. Ergo, she can only have one style of leg during any given individual fight, although she can change her legs during the round.

Power/Weapon 3: Supercooled protosteel bolts drilled into her knuckles, capable of causing frostbite on prolonged contact with exposed flesh. Fia, of course, is insulated against this effect.

Appearance: From a distance, Fia looks less like an approaching toa than a malevolent ghost, her form bobbing eerily black against its surroundings, the only noticeable light being a ring of white light on either arm, right below her elbow, a similarly glowing white collar at the base of her neck, and her flat, ice blue eyes, filtered through the smoky gray visor that fills the holes in her powerless Faxon. When she gets closer, however, chilled water vapor can be seen drifting down from the bolts drilled into her fists, and the light can be seen glimmering off her bright silver legs. Fia prefers her prosthetics to look like running blades, giving her an odd, springy gait which pairs well with her light, tall, athletic form.

Bio: Fia hails from a universe that went wrong from the beginning. Kanohi never held their powers for long, rapidly degrading to uselessness, toa died upon giving up their elemental powers instead of becoming Turaga, the Red Star fell and was destroyed, and the Makuta never discovered how to handle becoming antidermis. As a result, the myriad people of her universe had to develop alternatives to what other universes viewed as simple issues. Sadly, medicine was never something her universe truly discovered, so her legs both had to be amputated and replaced after an accident on Odina. Fia has grown accustomed to her new legs since then, but still harbors a deep set grudge against anyone who even reminds her of the Dark Hunters.

Personality/Other: Fia is jaded, angry, and sullen. She views the entire world through incredibly cynical eyes, especially when it comes to Dark Hunters and their ilk. To everyone else, Fia is merely brusque and fould mothed, but to Dark Hunters, she is outright furious, often approaching blows.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

So I just got done typing Amorigiahna's profile and went to post it, but the site logged me out at the last second and completely erased the whole thing on me.

It is done, however, and I will try posting it again after I take some time to cool off.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Name: The Puppetmaster. 

Species: Great Being.

Power/Weapon 1: Psionics: he is exceptionally skilled in the use of telepathy, illusion and telekinesis, but cannot directly control or attack minds.

Power/Weapon 2: Hardlight rifle: a lightweight, bolt-action weapon that absorbs light from nearby and fires it as a fast-moving hardlight projectile. The weapon can also generate a hardlight bayonet for use in melee combat.

Power/Weapon 3: Ash Transmutation: he can transform body at will into a cloud of ash, which he can then control the flow and direction of using his telekinesis. This power also affects anything in contact with his body (weapons, armour, etc.), but not other beings who may be in contact with him at the time. 

Power/Weapon 4: Hidden Blade: originally taken from a slain cultist, he has modified this weapon to be less… self-harming. Integrated into the gauntlet of his left hand, the blade springs out when he clenches his fist and presses down on a button built into the palm. This causes the blade to spring out from a section of the gauntlet near his wrist, extending to about a foot in length.

Appearance: With a similar build and height to a simple Glatorian, The Puppetmaster is covered in smooth, black armour. Due to a previous experiment gone wrong, his skin has taken on the appearance of translucent, electric-blue crystal, through which his bones and internal organs can be seen.  

Bio: In his world, every plan to stop the core war and save Spherus Magna failed dismally, accelerating the countdown to the planet’s destruction. In the end, the shattering occurred before the Great Spirit Robot could be completed. When the planet burned, those Great Beings who didn’t perish or go into hiding became gods in the eyes of the surviving inhabitants.

100,000 years passed, the date Mata Nui was supposed to repair the planet came and went, and a new god emerged from self-induced cryogenic hibernation. He entered into a world without hope, torn by strife, and upon seeing the chaos that the works of he and his fellow Great Beings had wrought, something broke inside him.

He set off on a mission to end the new war through whatever means necessary, and sought out the Baterra, which had been shut down and stored away in an underground bunker. He succeeded in fighting his way through the Vorox inhabiting the place and activating the Baterra, but instead of obeying him as he’d reprogrammed them to do, they reverted back to their original function: attack anything with a weapon.

Badly injured in the chaos that followed, he awoke inside the Bionifight Facility. Having been in the audience for many previous tournaments in his youth, he knew full well what to expect, and what would be expected of him.

Personality/Other: His mind twisted by the destruction of Spherus Magna, The Puppetmaster’s original purpose in life - to create and nurture – has been replaced by a drive to control other beings and their creations – and destroy what he can’t control.

In spite of this, he isn’t cruel or callous; nor does he torture his victims – at least not physically. His favourite strategy is to observe his victim’s minds, tricking them into revealing their greatest weaknesses, then using illusions to exploit them. Because he has lost everyone he ever knew and loved, he tries to break his enemies’ wills by making them feel the same.

Edited by Locus

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I don't want them killed. Maybe the Host may choose to return them to their universe because they aren't great fighters.

No such luck. ;)

But your characters dying permanently in Bionifight obviously doesn't mean that they're affected at all in any other project of yours.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I don't want them killed. Maybe the Host may choose to return them to their universe because they aren't great fighters.

No such luck. ;)

But your characters dying permanently in Bionifight obviously doesn't mean that they're affected at all in any other project of yours.

So bascially means that I could/should make Kuro do sepukku. Now I need to find something dishonorable. Or when Daltrahk, Prose, and Kuro go off on that gem quest, hmm...

That seems like a nice trade. Daltrahk gets a gem, my Rahkshi die, and I get a new profile for something completely ridiculous. And no it isn't the Kane-Ra riding Visorak...but then again...

Anyways off to sleep, but my characters are all open for interaction.

You don't necessarily have to actively kill them. You could have them take a pacifistic stance, refuse to fight, and run out of lives in the Infinite System.

but their spirits

THE ALMIGHTY PUDDING GOD'S STRENGTH EXTENDS THE FABRICS OF REALITY!!!

Name: Pudi - the pudding god (formerly San)

Species: Level Seven Rahkshi

Power/Weapon 1: Confusion

Power/Weapon 2: A sythe

Power/Weapon 3: The almighty power of pudding - he is able to find different types of food and then them into the best pudding.

Appearance: A slightly tall Confusion Rahk, with a halo above his head.

Bio: Shortly after becoming level 6, San left Corpus Rahkshi in his quest to ever find the great pudding, as spoken to him in a dream by the pudding god himself. As he wandered, he found the pudding ruins, and in it the almighty pudding chest. As he opened it, an almighty light bathed him in glory, turning him into both a Shadow Kraata and the almighty pudding god, for he all along was the pudding god. Now, with this newfound power, Pudi could transpire the fabrics of reality in order to find the best pudding of all. As he was transpiring into the heavens above, another, stronger light pulled him away from the heavens. Knowing that his destiny had yet to come, he allowed the other light to pull him elsewhere, into Bionifight.

Personality/Other: Hyper and oversensitive, Pudi is a tricky one to come by as anything that you do may come off as being bad in his books. He also has a terribly high-pitch British voice.

Okay, Take Two.

Good people of Bionifight, after emerging victorious from my epic battle with Writer's Block, I am pleased to present to you the one, the only, Amorigiahna!

Name: Amorigiahna

Species: Unknown. Despite sharing a similar appearance to that of a Toa, she is not one of the Matoran sub-species, as evidenced by her differing powers and the fact that she is not physically weakened when her mask is removed. She has no knowledge of any other beings like herself, so as far as she knows, she is the only one of her kind.

Power/Weapon 1: Kanohi Avsa, The Mask of Hunger - Allows its user to drain light, energy, or positive emotions from a target at a distance. Energy removed from a target is absorbed by the user.

Power/Weapon 2: Nui Stone - Absorbs minute amounts of Toa Power from Toa anywhere within a 3000 Kio radius. This power can then be tapped, granting its bearer greater capabilities for elemental energy. It should be noted that Amorigiahna is the only known non-Toa capable of wielding it in her universe, and that it became fused with her heartlight due to her being hit with a Reconstitute at Random Kanoka at the time Bionifight's teleportation system kicked in, making it impossible to remove without killing her as her body now treats it as a vital organ.

Power/Weapon 3: Elemental/Environmental Adaptability - Allows Amorigiahna to change her elemental affinity to one that matches more closely to her current environment. This power does not change in order to protect herself from elementally-advantageous opponents, nor does it change in between arena matches.

Appearance: Amorigiahna sports a thin, slightly avian build that is covered in a variety of colors, ranging from the standard red and black to the more exotic purple and yellow and finally the occasional white. Pale green feathers hang from her elbows and knees, her chest armor is designed to mimic the head ofa monsterous spider, and her torso is adorned with a black cloak trimmed with silver fur.

Bio: For as long as she can remember, Amorigiahna has always been alone.

Apparently, people stop being friendly when they learn that your element changes depending on what environment you're in and discover that you originally hail from Karzahni.

Chased out of every village that she has tried to enter, she eventually found herself stowing away on a ship heading for another island that had yet to be added to the list of ones she had been forced to leave, only to find it being besieged by mercenaries one stormy night during its journey. Despite the crew's success at driving them off, however, both transports ended up sinking somewhere off of the coast of where she had hoped to find her new home.

Washing up on the beach alongside some of the wreckage, she immediately began salvaging what she could from the ships in order to survive, eventually coming across a small container that was oddly kept sealed by a miniaturised Protodermis Cage. Etched on its side was a riddle hinting at the elements required to unlock it, which piqued her curiosity, but involved an extensive journey around the island to open. Figuring that she could get one of the elements out of the way immediately, she blasted it with a stream of water before gathering the items she was able to collect and taking refuge in a nearby cave.

A few days later, she discovered a group of people ransacking her shelter after returning from scouting the immediate area. Apparently, some of the mercenaries survived the shipwreck as well, and were now tracking her under the belief that she had come into the possession of something called a "Nui Stone," an item of immense power. Realising that it was locked away safely inside the mysterious container still on her person, she quickly set off to dispell the seal.

Unfortunately for her, however, they eventually caught up with her just as she was able to claim the treasure inside, and one of them was lucky enough to hit her with a Reconstitute at Random Kanoka just as she was plucked from her universe to compete in Bionifight. Luckily, they were able to mostly restore her to her original form upon her arrival.

Personality/Other: Because so few people were willing to accept her in her own universe, Amorigiahna can come off as cold, selfish, and distant, often putting her own needs and desires above those of others. That's not to say that she can't warm up to people, however, as she does still harbor the intention of finding her place in the world, hopefully one that doesn't necessarily have to come pre-packaged with the solitude she has grown accustomed to.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Why do I get the feeling that the Nui Stone isn't going to be approved? :P

I think it stands a pretty good chance. The way he's using it is pretty balanced; it just gives his characters a power boost when there are other Toa nearby. There's a lot of way more OP things in this game that have been approved, so why not a Nui Stone? 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

All the Nui Stone really does is allow the user to manipulate/absorb more elemental energy anyway, though I guess the absorbing Toa Power bit could be considered some form of an autohit (?). They already approved a Mask of Emulation Nuva, have characters running around with possibly OP psychic abilities, and, to my knowledge anyway, only questioned a player's use of an Avohkii because the character in question didn't have a sufficient enough backstory to explain how they obtained it at the time.

I questioned it beforehand, and recieved no answer, so it appears that I'll be just as surprised as you guys whether it gets approved or not.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Mask of Emulation Nuva.... fun times. :D  But don't forget the Shadow Kraata level Rahkshi. You can't get much more OP than shadowspawn with the power to curbstomp a Toa Nuva. 

I still feel like people are exaggerating the power level of Rahkshi, but that's just me

All the Nui Stone really does is allow the user to manipulate/absorb more elemental energy anyway, though I guess the absorbing Toa Power bit could be considered some form of an autohit (?). They already approved a Mask of Emulation Nuva, have characters running around with possibly OP psychic abilities, and, to my knowledge anyway, only questioned a player's use of an Avohkii because the character in question didn't have a sufficient enough backstory to explain how they obtained it at the time.

I questioned it beforehand, and recieved no answer, so it appears that I'll be just as surprised as you guys whether it gets approved or not.

I was okay with the Avohkii because it's... well, it's not really that powerful of a mask... it's just control over light and a tiny bit of peace powers (and we've seen how well peace powers work out)

I'd probably approve the Nui Stone if it was sufficiently nerfed (although the staff hasn't conferred about Amori yet so IDK)

but their spirits

Hate to add more to the staff profile-approval load, but looking back at that original rushed Dynomi profile, a lot of it didn't make sense or wouldn't really work in-game. Here's my attempt at a fix.

-The Gunslinger-

Name: Dynomi Luhso

Species: Toa of Inertia

Power 1: Elemental Control over Inertia: Dynomi is able to manipulate inertia, the resistance of an object to any changes in its state of motion. Example usage of this element: reducing inertia to enable easier acceleration, increasing inertia to make moving a still object much harder. Dynomi is very well trained in using her power and is capable of adroitly dealing with complex tasks, although her carefree demeanour may suggest otherwise. The elemental trait of this power is accelerated perception (about 150%, and no free reflex speed boost with that), enabling its users to better control objects moving at high speeds.

Power 2: Noble Kanohi Elda (Can't detect Mask of Life, otherwise identical to great: Tells her where people are, and not by headaches).

Power 3: Toa Tool: A revolver similar to a Colt Python, and hollow point ammunition, unusual only in that it and its ammo are built entirely out of plastics. The Toa Tool function of this weapon is that it has a delayed effect when elementally powered; Dynomi can assign inertia modifiers to bullets that are only implemented after the bullet is fired.

Appearance: Between a Turaga and normal Toa in size, Dynomi is disarmingly small, creating a faux air of pacificism that is compounded by her buoyant attitude. Her twin colours are Prussian blue and gunmetal gray, contrasting sharply with her vivid emerald eyes. Her revolver is kept in a holster on her right hip, attached to an ammunition belt that circles her twice in an x-pattern.

Bio: Hailing from a universe where, in addition to the base elements, there are myriad potential elemental affiliations, Dynomi is the result of a life of danger and constant combat. Toa in her universe aren't protectors or affiliated with the Matoran civilization; they're self-concerned warriors seeking to gather power, usually from the hands of the regal, Matoran-defending Makuta. Dynomi was an exception to that rule, a bounty hunter who would work for whoever would pay for her. She tried to keep a low-profile, never publicly announcing her success, but was still relatively well known (only by name) as a professional killer with very few failures.

Personality/Other: Alternatingly pollyannaish and vindictive, Dynomi is prone to bouts of extreme emotion, regardless of context. She is usually upbeat and blithesome, although the intensity powering her bouts of happiness can easily transfer to anger or cruelty.

Edited by L'Etranger

pNNgXax.jpg

Mask of Emulation Nuva.... fun times. :D  But don't forget the Shadow Kraata level Rahkshi. You can't get much more OP than shadowspawn with the power to curbstomp a Toa Nuva. 

Well, to be fair. The Toa Nuva in canon where probably worse strategists than some of the players on this forum. It's hard to really rank powers levels here because of factors like that.

The only exceptions in this case are Maglev, Shard, and Alpha.

Shard would probably work here in Bionifight. Exosuit + Magic Sword + Elemental Powers.

Also, to add to your guy's burdens, I drafted up a fifth character. Mainly because I wanted to explore some more custom elements.

Name : Hryfon

Species : Toa (?)

Power/Weapon 1 : Elemental Alignment of Binding. In layman's terms, binding is the act of joining two or more objects together on a physical, abstract and/or incorporeal level. This has several common uses, such as

• Entanglement, binding two objects together so that one will always instantaneously mirror changes in the other
  • Creation of binding oaths, if the user is in physical contact with another person and said person is made to swear an oath, it becomes binding in such a way that breaking the oath will cause harm to the person. The harm ranges from moderate mental or physical trauma up to death, depending on the magnitude of the oath
  • Repairing severed objects, self explanatory. Objects that have been crushed, mangled or severed roughly are difficult or impossible to rebind
  • Strengthening bonds, the user is able to strengthen bonds between objects  
  • Binding objects together

Power/Weapon 2 : Kanohi Iroke, Great Mask of Allure. The Iroke, unlike some masks, does not have an "active" effect, rather, it is always on and at the same level. Acting as a curse of sorts that causes varying levels of attraction to the wearer. What form this attraction takes is dependent on the person being affected, it can range from romantic feelings to a sense of deep and long lived friendship or even the type of admiration a servant may feel for his liege. Effects build over time in proximity and fade with distance and time. If the wearer can speak with and make eye contact with someone, it's effects are quickened

Power/Weapon 3 : Ascalon. A great spear, it is built for use as a defensive weapon, keeping foes at bay and out ranging standard melee weapons. It has anti-serpent properties, causing wounds that fester, burn and resist healing against enemies with a reptilian or draconian aspect

Appearance : Of middling height and stature, Hryfon wears an interlocking segmented cuirass with similarly structured pauldrons and skirt in deep navy, gray and crimson hues. His armor favors neither defense nor mobility, offering a moderate balance between the two attributes. Underneath the armor he is finely muscled, and handsome in a rather androgynous way His heartlight and eyes both match the gray undertones of his armor. The Kanohi Iroke resembles a skull shaped helmet more than a mask, the plain oblong sphere featuring eye and mouth holes that resemble the face of a hawk, almond-shaped and beak-like respectively

Bio : Hryfon comes from a world similar to the canon MU, but differing in several important areas. Including a different set of elemental alignments, an awake Great Spirit, albeit an uncaring and impersonal one and Makuta that favored a subversive political takeover versus open warfare. The Makuta of his world worked "for and with," the matoran. Gaining their trust and companionship while slowly consolidating power. Toa are born from naturally forming Toa Stones or given power by a Makuta, Hryfon falls into the later category. Having a common and unnoteworthy birth, but a proven record as a rahi hunter and squadron leader in that Makuta's forces. As one in possession of a strong dream and goal, Hryfon was unhappy in servitude, however lucrative it was. His means to change this and climb the hierarchical ranks of society presented itself to him in the form of the Iroke. A treasure that an old and powerful dragon had been guarding. The dragon had drawn the ire of his Makuta, and Hryfon was tasked with slaying him. Having been given his great spear as a tool to do so. The mask had been the source of the dragon's legendary charisma, likened to a curse in his world. Actuated by time in proximity to the beast or by making eye contact. Now in possession of the Iroke, Hryfon had been ready to realize his goals...

...Then, space had shifted around him and he found himself in the Arena. Waking in a familiar room to a familiar recording, watching the second round on the great viewing screens. Not dissuaded by his predicament, he fights to win the tournament and return to his home world

Personality : Hryfon possesses a cunning and ambitious mind, but is crippled by a strict adherence to a view of how the world should be or how it should work, rather than facing reality for what it is. Has some delusions of grandeur and narcissistic symptoms, leading to a good deal of paranoia and a tendency towards mistrust and scheming. Despite this, he is able to put on a charismatic mask, both figuratively and literally with possession of the Iroke

...but close to it

Shard would probably work here in Bionifight. Exosuit + Magic Sword + Elemental Powers.

Shhhhhhh

Don't talk about exosuits

They're not allowed and Ehks isn't happy about it

*Snaps fingers*

Shhhhhhh

Don't talk about exosuits

They're not allowed and Ehks isn't happy about it

*Snaps fingers*

DID SOMEONE SAY EXOSUIT

DOES THIS MEAN I CAN HAVE A ME-no oh okay i'll go back to fuming over it because someone tried getting a bed mech approved which ruined any chance i had.

grumble grumble

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Hey Burnad, I can't help but feel that you mistook just about everything from my last post.

First of all, at no point did Kale go invisible in that period. He used his mask to move really fast. Which leads to the second problem.

Kale was next to Okavaung while the latter was turning his head to launch the ice attack. Kale was striking while Okavaung was attacking where he used to be.

Not sure where you got "astride" from. My post had Kale next to the neck, doing the iconic dragon slaying move.

Lastly, all Ovakaung bringing his neck up would do is get it hit by the sword sooner. It's an overhead strike which means that it started out over the neck already. Trying to dodge upward would just slam it into the sword and probably sever the spinal column.

• Upvote 3

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I'm glad you mentioned him actually. I have something planned. But I'm not carrying a character over from any RPG.

I still feel like people are exaggerating the power level of Rahkshi, but that's just me

I was okay with the Avohkii because it's... well, it's not really that powerful of a mask... it's just control over light and a tiny bit of peace powers (and we've seen how well peace powers work out)

I'd probably approve the Nui Stone if it was sufficiently nerfed (although the staff hasn't conferred about Amori yet so IDK)

Well, even if it wasn't nerfed, she'd still be at a serious disadvantage going up against people with ranged weapons and/or nullification abilities.

It really doesn't matter how much EE you're able to use during your attacks if one character can turn off your powers with a snap of their fingers, and another can snipe you through that awesome miniaturised tidal wave you just created. :P

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

K, San is next on the hitlist. Also, new profile gais.

Name: Teawa

Species: Bo-Toa

Power/Weapon 1: Standard Bo-Toa elemental powers.

Power/Weapon 2: A spear with the letters Dane engraved on the blade tip. 

Power/Weapon 3: A Great Kanohi Faxon

Appearance: Tall and lean, with yellow armour and mask. His eyes are a nice lime green. His arms and legs are a yellowish green. His spear looks a bit like this http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server300/aed40/products/94/images/10577/img6_copy__58229.1410992609.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

Bio: Teawa is a travelling adventurer, originally from Mata Nui. He is known for his numerous...ummm...borrowed items from caves that he has raided. He is wanted by numerous tomb raiders for stealing the treasure before them. 

Personality/Other: He is a male, and is usually friendly to everyone. He can get mad when people mention his homeland, for currently unknown reasons.  He can sometimes be described as inconsistent in his nature.

Edited by VahkiDane

Name: Farmos

Species: Augmented Matoran

Power/Weapon 1: Invisibility - Farmos turns a lever in his bracer to mimics the effect of a Kanohi Volitak.

Power/Weapon 2: Sonar - By placing a small chip into his bracer, Farmos gains access to the powers of the Kanohi Arthron.

Power/Weapon 3: Power Disable - By focusing various devices in his bracer, Farmos can temporarily disable one of his opponent's powers. However, this puts a large strain of his bracer's systems and so can only be used once a round.

Appearance: Looks like a short Toa, with some piecemeal armour which has been painted black. He wears a powerless black Pakari, and has a sleek bracer that gives him most of his powers.

Bio: Farmos was once a normal onu-matoran, but he wasn't content with his life. He desired excitement, action, and adventure. He got it when his town was invaded by Skakdi, and was quickly subjugated. Farmos went to Karzhani, and underwent several modifications in order to become stronger. After serving Karzahni in return for his upgrade, Farmos returned to his town. It had been razed to the ground. A few survivors said that it was done by Toa. Farmos is now seeking the truth while making money as a mercenary. 

Personality/Other: Farmos is a fairly calm being, who normally does not kill in his contracts due to his morals. However, he has no qualms against threats and blackmail. He can get angry quite quickly, but also has a good sense of humour. 

Edited by MortalDragonborn

Hey Burnad, I can't help but feel that you mistook just about everything from my last post.

First of all, at no point did Kale go invisible in that period. He used his mask to move really fast. Which leads to the second problem.

Kale was next to Okavaung while the latter was turning his head to launch the ice attack. Kale was striking while Okavaung was attacking where he used to be.

Not sure where you got "astride" from. My post had Kale next to the neck, doing the iconic dragon slaying move.

Lastly, all Ovakaung bringing his neck up would do is get it hit by the sword sooner. It's an overhead strike which means that it started out over the neck already. Trying to dodge upward would just slam it into the sword and probably sever the spinal column.

Ahh! That is definitely my mistake. I had forgotten what Kale's mask was, and this particular line, as you can imagine, was the source of my confusion:

A quick use of his mask caused him to all but vanish even as Okavaung turned...

As for "astride", that was just me failing at English. I was under the impression that it meant "next to". =P

The movement of his neck was another result of my being unaware that Kale was using a Kakama; I intended the action to chronologically precede his being able to raise the blade, but in reality, Kale moved to quickly for this to occur.

I'll edit my post.

However, I must mention that if Kale had already gotten up next to Okavaung, he would have been breathing frost while sitting on his haunches, head elevated, rather than sticking his neck out like an idiot, in the first place. Like this:

Kalameet+04.jpg

But I digress.

If we're airing grievances, though, I must say that I dislike the fact that Kale can shrug off Okavaung's fully-focused illusions easily. Okavaung's first power slot makes him, as was explicitly stated, able to eventually crush most minds, given time and focus. We must logically assume that causing illusions is significantly easier than destroying a consciousness, so seeing as Okavaung specializes in exactly that, pretty much no one with average mental defenses (what Kale should have, as no above-average defenses are mentioned in his profile) should be able to block out said illusions without pretty much diverting all of their focus to the task.

If Okavaung disengages from his enemy specifically to devote all of his focus to projecting an illusion, on the basis that he's literally incapable of launching a physical attack while maintaining it, it's only fair that if someone was even capable of resisting it, they wouldn't be able to counterattack while doing so.

*Snaps fingers*

Speaking of Kuro, what happened to him? You haven't posted as him since The Wyrm ran away. 

I figured that Okavaung was slightly lower to the ground due to the fact that he had just slammed into the roof they were on. Unless I missed something there was no comment made about him standing up, just turning around to fire the ice.

As for the mental attacks well, "average mental defenses" isn't as much of a thing in an RPG like this as one might expect. Every person brought in was kidnapped because of their combat ability. Which means that if their universe has psionics in it, chances are they have fought some and had to build up at least enough mental defenses to not get curbstomped.

In Kale's case it was having an at times semi-hostile nation of Ce-Toa living nearby.

Okavaung's mental attack lasted maybe five seconds at the mostnot enough to break through Kale's mental defenses. It would have started actually having an effect if you had continued trying.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I figured that Okavaung was slightly lower to the ground due to the fact that he had just slammed into the roof they were on. Unless I missed something there was no comment made about him standing up, just turning around to fire the ice.

As for the mental attacks well, "average mental defenses" isn't as much of a thing in an RPG like this as one might expect. Every person brought in was kidnapped because of their combat ability. Which means that if their universe has psionics in it, chances are they have fought some and had to build up at least enough mental defenses to not get curbstomped.

In Kale's case it was having an at times semi-hostile nation of Ce-Toa living nearby.

Okavaung's mental attack lasted maybe five seconds at the mostnot enough to break through Kale's mental defenses. It would have started actually having an effect if you had continued trying.

Okavaung is a four-limbed dragon, and his wing-arms were occupied in furiously beating the air to try and stop his descent. He only had his legs to land on, so his head wouldn't have been low to the ground, unless he happened to belly-flop.

As for the average mental defenses, I was referring to the average for the RPG, in the first place; there are no truly average psionics users here, either. =P

Okavaung himself is several millenia old, and has been using his powers for most of that time.

*Snaps fingers*

For those of you who still do not understand how the bubble around Mahri-Nui works:

[26/02/2015 1:20:59 AM] Voltex Oblige: In canon, it was just a giant air bubble
[26/02/2015 1:21:18 AM] Xaeraz: well then
[26/02/2015 1:21:20 AM] Xaeraz: when it breaks
[26/02/2015 1:21:26 AM] Xaeraz: the whole thing is gone in an instant
[26/02/2015 1:21:37 AM] Xaeraz: and however much water was resting on it is all gonna fall down at once
[26/02/2015 1:21:45 AM] Xaeraz: and that is gonna destroy every god ###### thing
[26/02/2015 1:21:58 AM] Xaeraz: like
[26/02/2015 1:22:01 AM] Xaeraz: okay
[26/02/2015 1:22:09 AM] Xaeraz: how much water would you say is above the city right now
[26/02/2015 1:22:48 AM] Portal: Obviously the bubble isn't like it is in canon though since like
[26/02/2015 1:22:56 AM] Portal: It won't instakill everybody?
[26/02/2015 1:23:10 AM] Portal: I mean don't we already know htat?
[26/02/2015 1:23:10 AM] Xaeraz: it would have to be something you could punch a hole in then
[26/02/2015 1:23:22 AM] Xaeraz: and not destroy the entire bubble at once
[26/02/2015 1:23:33 AM] Voltex Oblige: You know when sometimes there's that like, rubbery, almost elastic-y glue holding stuff together?
[26/02/2015 1:23:39 AM] Voltex Oblige: (I dunno what that stuff is called)
[26/02/2015 1:23:51 AM] Xaeraz: right the translucent sticky stuff
[26/02/2015 1:24:03 AM] Voltex Oblige: And it usually keeps its shape, but you can push/pull/poke it up until a certain point
[26/02/2015 1:24:23 AM] Voltex Oblige: And then if you, say, poked a hole, that hole slowly expands
[26/02/2015 1:24:37 AM] Voltex Oblige: The bubble is like that, except... it's not sticky.
[26/02/2015 1:25:08 AM] Xaeraz: mmm
[26/02/2015 1:25:14 AM] Xaeraz: soooo
[26/02/2015 1:25:25 AM] Xaeraz: basically a giant slow mo bursting baloon
[26/02/2015 1:25:32 AM] Portal: heck yeah
[26/02/2015 1:25:55 AM] Xaeraz: as long as you have some idea of A) what it is and B) how it works
[26/02/2015 1:25:58 AM] Xaeraz: then i'm cool
[26/02/2015 1:26:13 AM] Xaeraz: just want to make sure it's not gonna wind up being Waters Fall Everyone Dies
[26/02/2015 1:26:14 AM] BZP Roman Torchwick: So if a hole gets punched in the bubble that hole will slowly expand as water forces its way through to the inside?

(yes)

• Upvote 2

It's coming shortly.

And I will rest easy knowing that Okavaung has baited a ton of Taras onto the rooftops. :^D

*Assuming we break it from the top, anyway.

*Snaps fingers*

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang

If Selox turns into something unaffected by giant floods(Like a big rock), would he be KOed by the bubble popping?

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi