BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU - TUNNELS

WITH DAYETH

"At the heart of every fear is the unknown," the Skakdi said slowly, after remaining silent for several minutes. "In the dark, where one is blind, where one can choke on the shadows and sound fades away, the unknown becomes an oppressive force. One easily manipulated. Lesser beings would cower in this place - some of our sect included. But for those such as you, or myself... the dark means nothing. We know what awaits us, and it does not scare us."

IC: Dayeth - Tunnels.

"Not quite. I know what waits in the dark," she replied, "I'm afraid of it - I'd be stupid not to be - but I don't let that fear control me."  

IC: [Venga - Wilted Forest]

"Now, since Venix is here and the Av-Toa has decided to return, I believe we are all assembled. Should we get this enterprise underway?"

IC: Miril - Wilted Forest.

"I think so," I agreed, "Who wants to go first?" 

IC: [Olari - Muaka's Den]

"You're a chain lighting Rahkshi Xara, and that?" Olari pointed at the staff she had hovering over what looked like a major convergence of cleavage points. "That is a lightning rod. I want you to throw as much power as you can at it. See if we can't find a way to break apart this blockade..."

IC: Xara - Outside Muaka's Den.

"I love the way you think," I grinned, raising my hands. "You might want to look away; this won't be good for your eyes." I concentrated, pouring every ounce of power I could muster into my hands, forming a glowing orb of electricity that crackled and danced between my palms...

...and then I unleashed it. A withering, blinding blast of raw electrical power that lanced towards Olari's rod.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Casanuva (Muaka's Den)

The Fa-Toa growled. He still had his Pakari at least, and he could try to make himself a little more living space if he failed. His Kanohi glowing, Casanuva kicked at the wall to his cell. Not the one belonging to the irate Vortixx.

Edited by Necrocybermancer

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Kopen - Wilted Forest

In some ways, her blindness was never a loss. If she could still see, she would be stuck in her hometown, going on and on in the same old routine. She never would have learned to survive on her own. She wouldn't have found her way here. She never would have met Xaeraz or Kale or Tenjou. She would never have known she wasn't a Ta-Matoran. She never would have become a Toa of Light.

But in that moment, none of it seemed to matter. Her head fell, and she sighed.

Just past the Rahkshi, the others were getting ready to go. She had been expecting some kind of lecture or rejection, but they seemed to welcome her back as if she had never left. Even the Rahkshi she had shouted at seemed to harbor no grudges. Kopen was done feeling sorry for herself. She pulled her head up and was soon back to her energetic self. "Are you coming along?" she asked the Rahkshi before her.

IC: Virse - The Spine

Virse took a few steps back and adverted her eyes as instructed. Someone needed to scout things out anyway. Though the prisoners had been returned, she couldn't dismiss the possibility that they were being observed.

IC: Lady Dajik - Castle fo Kuru

A long, awkward silenced passed between her and the mysterious Toa. Perhaps his comment had not been meant as a joke.

In an attempt to make up for her mistake and perhaps gather some further information, she resorted to her finest tool: small talk. "So... what is it like being a Cultist of Plague. Everything seem so dreary here."

IC: Snese - Wilted Forest

Snese followed the tracks for a short distance to make sure of their direction and numbers. Whoever they were, they didn't seem to care much about pursuit. Or stealth. Fortunately, as a floating blob of gases, he didn't have to worry about that much.

He soon came to the sure conclusion that they were heading back to that crashed facility. "Well!" he cried, straightening up and looking back to his companions. "I think I have all I need! What do you say we head back to the Containment Center. Perhaps Hive could use some company."

IC Kat:

I'd been around Hoto long enough to know and unconsciously know not to use nonverbal responses.

So my words were not punctuated by a shake of my head when I said, "Not this time. Gonna gather a few people and investigate the City. You all take care of each other out there, okay?"

IC Velix:

Digging through the Arena wreckage, Velix came upon an interesting box. Opening it, he saw a pair of very familiar skates.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Hive - Approaching Bionifight Facility.

Circling around from the direction of the City of Fear, the mechanised being carefully approached the open, exposed ruins of the arena. "Hello?" the cautious voice rumbled from speakers in the front of the suit.

"I wish to speak with whoever is in charge here." 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Velix:

Fitting the skates onto his feet, Velix felt the familier telepathic circuitry activate, waiting for his command. He also felt his Mask access go away. Not like it had been too useful, anyway.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

"My suggestion would be that the Toa of curiosity takes point," Venga indicated towards Ferez again, "That scanner of his might be useful in pointing out anything interesting. Perhaps myself or the flying artillery piece could carry him, since we don't want him falling into a bog. A pointless death serves no-one."

The flying artillery piece was Severain. Venga clearly believed that, as a Makuta, he was tough enough to take any unexpected surprises. And the Rahkshi's own adaptive powers would likewise give him more protection than the others. Either of them could lift Ferez, enabling him to take aerial scans of the ground below

IC: [Jorth - City Exit]

The first answer to Hive was an average looking Toa, dressed in some sort of leathery coat-like attire. 

"Uh, hey there. I'm not in charge I'm afraid. I'm just the only guy who seems to have heard you. So...whats up?"

OOC: You have no idea how tempted I was to send Tuyetkhyamun :P

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC(A.D.): A.D. shivered. Let's count: calling myself Ancient Darkness in a dark room where I can't see and its dark. Pro move. "Just call me A.D." he said, allowing his discomfort to show. "Getting to a place where we can see would make me more comfortable talking."

IC: Dio Folle

So it seemed they were moving... Interesting. Dio Folle scanned the area. Black. Perfect. Dio Folle subtly changed, making all of her robotic body midnight black-blending in. She jumped up towards the hole nearby, arms morphing into stakes to dig into the surface. She started climbing...

IC: Dio Folle- City of Fear

Ever is slowly, Dio Folle pulled herself up. At last, her concealed head looked over the rim of the hole. There they were... Might as well watch the show.

IC(A.D.): Out of all this, the only thing the dragon could detect was vibrations through the floor and hear the thuds of someone climbing up from below. Then they stopped. 

The dragon moved around, right were he knew the hole to be, and reached out, taking ahold of what felt like a being's head and shoulders. His touch wasn't enough to dig his claws in and crush the being, but...whoever it was...might feel the points. "We've got company," the dragon said.

Well... Now what? She was trapped... Think! She couldn't focus enough to do an illusion, and now... Well, she was in a bloody Baterra! Wait... A Baterra... Maybe... As quickly as possible, the strange being made her shoulders grow large spikes. Hopefully, this should get this dragon's filthy paws off of her.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

An idea sprouted within the devious mind of Dio.

She became undisguised, but while this was happening, she willed herself to form the body of a Toa of Water, and made a random mask shape, not one that would be familiar. "I'm not a bloody hostile, I just want your paws off me." She grumbled, pulling herself out of the hole.

Edited by Akai Zaza

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC-Fission (The Spine)

"Alright then, Turbo." Fission said, beginning to climb a steep portion of a slope. "Do you even know where we're going, for a start?"

IC-Severain (Wilted Forest)

As they walked, Severain looked around, anticipating any danger that may show up...

OOC

Gonna be in the Lake district probably without WiFi for a week or so. Be sure to catch me up when I get back.

Oh, and you can bunny my characters slightly, but not anything drastic like them dying or revealing something important.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

"My suggestion would be that the Toa of curiosity takes point," Venga indicated towards Ferez again, "That scanner of his might be useful in pointing out anything interesting. Perhaps myself or the flying artillery piece could carry him, since we don't want him falling into a bog. A pointless death serves no-one."

"Sounds good to me," I agreed. This rahk was definitely proving his worth. 

"Uh, hey there. I'm not in charge I'm afraid. I'm just the only guy who seems to have heard you. So...whats up?"

He paused, unsure of how to proceed. He'd been expecting hostility, not a casual welcome. "One of your people attacked my home," he finally said, "I wish to speak with the person in charge here, to determine whether this was the act of a lone madwoman, or if she was under orders." 

"Yes, I can see that. Or rather, not." Dio Folle said. "What's even more annoying is these bloody illusions. Are you the ones casting them?" She asked, trying to make the question seem cautious.

IC(A.D.): "Wasn't me." A.D. said. "I don't have that power, and I'm one of the few who will admit to it."

IC Feraz:

"I'll have to mod some of the scanner code and write a mapping program to take aerial scans."

"You go and mod away. If you can scan the poisonous bogs we don't have to trudge through them."

He looked at Severain, "So you want to carry him or shall I?"

IC: [Turbo Vixen - The Spine]

"Not a clue. But then, this is supposed to be your quest. You start thinking which way to go. Its a big arena building, I imagine its going to be hard to miss, odds are you'll find it."

"Thing is, I'm not sure we really have a guy in charge anymore. We have a guy who thinks he's in charge but he mostly stays in his office and none of us listen to him much." Jorth shrugged, sending ripples of motion through his coat, "I could try and fetch him anyway if you wanted. But I give you fair warning, I'm not sure how much good it'll do."

Edited by Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC Feraz:

"Whoawait. If you want me to be able to find bogs you have to find me a sample bog first so I can calibrate.", Feraz said, opening FIDAT's screen and keyboard and selecting a file. Opening it, he began to scroll through the code.

Edited by Unicode

"We don't want you to find bogs. That is pretty much the opposite of what we want you to find. If we wanted to find bogs we would take about five steps in any direction and probably run into one. We want you to scan through the bogs and the trees and the pools and anything else in here and find something that is not a bog or a tree or a pool, etcetera, etcetera. Because, as you may recall, we are looking for those fancy Infinity Gems. Not bogs. You were scanning me perfectly happily without any need for calibration, so clearly you are capable of such feats. So start thinking about what kind of energy signatures or landscape changes you might want to be looking out for because otherwise I'm just going to start considering whether we actually need you on this mission or whether we should just tear that box from your arm and use it ourselves if thats the only thing you have to offer."

The Rahkshi was quickly running out of patience with Ferez, and with his personality shifting to better suit Miril's style of leadership rather than Halken's odds were his reaction if he lost his temper would be considerably less pleasant...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC Feraz:

It was obvious that explaining tech to these people would be useless. Making a hand motion with his left hand, Feraz summoned the default hardlight shard from his FEDD, and drove it into the ground nearby. Then he moved it a meter farther, and repeated the motion. On the third time, there was a splash. He walked over, and dismissing the FEDD, he scanned the bog. Saving the data in a file, he returned to programming.

Edited by Unicode

"I could try and fetch him anyway if you wanted. But I give you fair warning, I'm not sure how much good it'll do."

He paused to consider this. In a way, this being had already answered his question. This group had no centralised leadership, meaning the Toa who'd attacked the Containment Centre likely had been acting of her own volition. 

That did not, however, mean she'd been working alone...

"Very well. If I would be allowed to enter your facility and interview some of its occupants, I would be most grateful," he intoned cordially, "I still have questions regarding the Toa who attacked my home." 

"I'm just going to start considering whether we actually need you on this mission or whether we should just tear that box from your arm and use it ourselves if thats the only thing you have to offer."

"Okay, calm down," I cut in, "I know Xians can be extremely annoying, but there's no need for threats," I paused, glaring at Ferez for a few moments, "at least, I hope not...."

IC Kat:

I left for the City of Fear.

No one was with me. I'd told the others that so they wouldn't stop me from going alone.  I wanted answers, and I wanted them from the person who'd orchestrated this whole thing from the start. So I went hunting.

Rahkshi are made of tough stuff, and I was made of harder stuff than that. Even so, I couldn't help but feel a twinge of nervousness as I made my way into the City. I wished I had Fang here to back me up. I frowned, and shook the thought from my mind, keeping careful watch of my surroundings. 

Now was not the time to dwell on such thoughts.

• Upvote 1

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU - LABORATORY M

WITH DAYETH

"I see..." the Skakdi trailed off, sounding disappointed. "It appears that you do not understand. Not yet."

They had reached the door. The Herald of Fear gripped the doorknob; it pulsed under his hand and the door swung open, revealing a set of stairs. The Skakdi waved his hand for Dayeth to step inside and ascend the stairs in front of him.

"Try not to touch anything once you reach the top," he told her. "Nothing up there can harm me, but... I cannot be certain that you are equally as safe quite yet. We may very well have to burn this place to the ground before I die."

GM IC: KAT - CITY OF FEAR

As she entered the City of Fear, Kat's vision would slowly fade to simple black and white. As it did, every shadow seemed to grow darker, and every surface lit by light seemed to grow brighter.

IC: Dayeth - Laboratory M.

"What don't I understand?" she protested, keeping her hands in her pockets as she ascended, "Wait... what the karz is this place?" it looked like a lab of some kind. The kind of lab that might belong to an extremely disturbed person... 

GM IC: DAYETH - LABORATORY M

WITH MAEUS FO KURU

The first thing that Dayeth would notice was a single operating table in the center of the room. It appeared to be bare. The other three walls all had wooden doors that were currently closed, but were a clear indication that this room was merely the first of many. 

As Maeus stepped into the room behind her, she would notice the stasis tubes lining each wall - eight per wall, to be exact. Four on either side of each doorway (including the one she had just stepped out of). Every single one of them contained a body; the bodies were all in various states of disrepair. Some looked to be decomposing, others missing arms or legs, and others still with more... grotesque additions or injuries.

One thing was clear, however - they all looked exactly like Maeus fo Kuru, Herald of Fear.

"Welcome to Laboratory M," Maeus said softly, his whisper floating directly into her ear. "I'd like you to meet... me."

She took a long, slow moment to take in her grotesque surroundings, before turning to the doctor, "You need a new hobby." 

IC Kat:

I furrowed my brow.

"Not exactly what I was expecting," I muttered to myself.

The brightness of the lit areas was not entirely pleasant for my Rahkshi eyes, even as a Shadow Kraata.

I kept to the darkness, where I was most comfortable. I had better vision there, anyway.

"What else do you have for me, huh....?"

WITH DAYETH

The Skakdi chuckled, a chilling sound. 

"No, I do not think so," he replied, stepping up to one of the stasis tubes and resting his hand upon it, gazing up at the Skakdi inside. "You see... our Cult... we kill universes, throughout the multiverse. Free them, free their souls. But... we are not a singularity in the multiverse."

He turned back towards her, his hand still resting upon the stasis tube. 

"Not like Bionifight," he continued. "But that means there are... different versions of Vapautti Sielu out there. Each with the same purpose as us, and yet, at the same time... not. Every now and then... we meet ourselves."

The Herald of Fear glanced back up at the alternate version of himself inside the tube with a sinister grin.

"But our mission is clear: we must free everyone. And so, each time we meet another Vapautti Sielu... we destroy them. We pit our gods, our cult, against theirs. As you can clearly tell, on each of these occasionsmy version, the version that you have met, the version that brought down your facility, has won. We have proven ourselves stronger. More true."

He paused, turning back to her and shaking his head.

"No matter who they are, every single member of the losing cult is slain, without question. They served lesser gods, and must be freed. But... I always take care to save myself. For... this."

Maeus waved his hand, gesturing towards the other stasis tubes. 

"I am the Herald of Fear," he explained. "There is only one thing - one being - that I am afraid of. Or so I believe. But I have always been plagued by a question - of whether I do fear something else, and simply have yet to discover it. So I keep my alternate selves alive, and I bring them here. I torture them, I break them, I fix them, I break them again. At some point, all of them die. It is inevitable. But after all this time... I have never sensed fear. They feel pain, or anger, or wish for the pain to stop, but they do not fear the torture continuing. They do not fear me, or my tools. With each new version of myself, I become more curious. I wonder whether I can make any feel fear, or if, perhaps, all any version of myself can be afraid of... is simply the same."

He chuckled again.

"I do not know if what I have said will make sense to you," he said to Dayeth. "You cannot hope to fully understand. After all, you are still afraid of the dark - and fight against it. What I fear... you cannot hope to fight."

• Upvote 2

"Not the dark, but what hides in it," Dayeth corrected, "the unknown. And what's more frightening than something you don't know or understand? That question that plagues you - of what else you might be afraid of - that's your unknown," a cold, predatory smile lit up her face, "...fundamental, intangible, always just beyond your reach... deep down, I'm willing to bet you're terrified of what the answer might be..." 

WITH DAYETH

"Smart remarks, but they will get you nowhere," the Skakdi replied, stepping over to the empty operating table in the center of the room, trailing his fingers across it. "Everything that I do not know is unknown to me, Toa. And there are many things I do not know."

He glanced up at her - his eyes faded away, into empty sockets.

"Just as there is much you do not know. That you do not understand. Do you understand who you spoke with, in that pool? Do you realize what was summoned, what powers were bequeathed unto you? Do you truly realize the scope, the majesty, the horror of what has been delivered into your hands?"

The Herald of Fear seemed to waver in Dayeth's vision - and then he was suddenly standing directly in front of her, empty sockets staring straight into her eyes.

"There is one thing I fear, Toa, and it is that which I serve," he whispered, his horrid breath washing over her. "There can be nothing else. There is nothing else. And yet still I strive for it, a morbid, masochistic, delusional itch of curiosity that I cannot scratch. I long for it. That feeling of terror, washing over me, paralyzing me, urging me to flee and to hide and to scream and to beg. Every single one of me. But only ever a single creature can induce it in me, one that you cannot hope to contain or to stop or to fight, one that holds domain over fear itself."

He backed away.

"In time, perhaps... you shall see...."

GM IC: KAT - CITY OF FEAR

For now, the city seemed to be barren, and eerily silent... as thought it wanted Kat to move further, deeper into its streets.

• Upvote 1

Cheap tricks didn't make for particularly good scare tactics, and Dayeth was growing tired of the skakdi's preachiness. If he was going to spend all of his time talking she wouldn't end up seeing anything. "Why did you bring me here?" 

IC Lefia:

As Lefia wandered, somehow having not been noticed by the GM, she saw Kat. Her Psionic Occlusion power active, she began to trail the Rahkshi.