BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC Vilda Mako (Chisai Ryuu)

"I think Kama's jealous" I remarked at the sudden flurry of torn paper and noises of ripping and tearing.

"Me, on the other hand," I continued, "I gotta say, very nice work, kid, any Mindarm worth their salt couldn't have done better."

"It shows me you're thinking right, too. Willhammer needs that kind of subtelty to work properly. You're not exercising the will of the mind over the physical world like with Soulsword or Mindarm, you're staying on the mental plane and operating from there."

"If that sounds like Lesson #1, then yes, I guess we could call it that." I said.

"I accept you as my student for the Willhammer"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Actually, sitting down would be better. For a Toa, you've got a good head for psychic energies."

She motioned to a fallen log on the floor which she sat across from on a flattish rock that emerged from the ground. Once they were both seated, Soraph reached out with her hands and placed them on either side of Vakua's forehead.

Soraph emerged onto the plane, as usual in the form of her body composed entirely of wood, vines, plants and in certain areas, flowers. She approached the bubble that surrounded the Toa consciousness, his own feeble and untrained protection against attack. 

: You have to let me in. Calm yourself and lower your defences: the Vilda whispered across the mental divide.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: "Is that all you want these for? You're missing the forest for the trees! These are tools of understanding, of peace!" Aokora slowly picked up one of the hexagonal stone; it was about a bit smaller than her head, but was still moderately heavy.

Maeloc still observed using his Akaku. "Many tools of peace have become weapons of war. Or, in this case, a tool of restraint. I read the writeup, same as you. If it is true, then Makuta had just as large a hand in making these as Mata Nui did. I'd like to think I'm furthering His goals, don't you think?"

Enraged, Fyura stomped over to the collapsed Su-Toa, and grabbed at her shoulders to slam her against the shrine walls. An outraged roar, with a hissing tone, erupted from her.

IC: Vakua nodded, and sat down on a fallen log. He lifted himself into a crosslegged position. He took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and exhaled. As much as he could, he lowered his mask's activity. Letting someone else have the reigns would be a change of pace.

I... think I am ready. Proceed.

The times, they are a-changing...

OOC: I... was actually going to abstract it, but here ya go!

IC: "So, I hear you ladies have lots of telekinesis where you come from. So my 'make stuff float' repertoire would be pretty unimpressive. So how about navigation? In our off time, the other Toa Kalta learned that I'm no fun in a game of 'Pin the Tale on the Ash Bear'. Easier yet..."

Casanuva reached into the drawstring pouch on his belt and pulled out three metal ball bearings, and handed them to Asa. "I'll close my eyes and cover my ears. You hide them anywhere nearby. I'll find them in under a minute."

IC: Asa

I took the bearings from this Toa's hand.

The first I hurled into the horizon.

The second I placed at the Toa's feet.

The third, I hid in the palm of my hand.

Feigning a massage of a sore shoulder,

I rested the ball twixt hand and body.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC: Dessa

"Well, it's pretty much just as I said. My family's up north in Po-Wahi, but they're not faring too well up there. Looking for a new place to bring them and figured this area is pretty, uh, bountiful and mainly unsettled."

She realized that this figure before her might've lived in the grasslands, and recalled the Ga-Toa's vagueness about danger in said area.

"Um, the area around the Path is mostly unsettled, right?"

- - - - - - - - - -

IC: Gabe

The De-Matoran inspected the fedora in his hands, giving it a customary mock tip to ensure it was in proper working order.

He turned to the Ko-Toa nearby.

"Would you care for a hat, my good fellow?"

IC:

"I see. And how did your people come to learn of Mata-Nui in the first place? You couldn't have just sent vessels to wander in the water blindly."

The Dasaka's answers were short and lacked much information. LoJak understood that the foreigners were just as wary of him as he of they, so he decided to give them more time before he passed any judgement on their intentions. For now, he would remain around them and make sure everyone was safe. In all likelyhood the Dasakan society was as peaceful as they said they were, but... their arrival now, when Ko-Koro had just fallen...it was too dangerous to be naive.

IC: Soraya [Near the Chiisai Ryu]

The guy was digging; Soraya glanced over to see Hanako at a momentary loss for words.  Well, this isn't a fun situation.  Couldn't blame the Toa for being suspicious of a boat full of foreigners, couldn't blame Hanako for not wanting to show their hand.  Some minor misdirection was in order.

"Hey, you know how it is," she said to the Toa with a shrug.  "Some Toroshu somewhere gets the idea for a big ol' boat that'll look good for her clan to make, she sniffs around a bit, hears some chatter about exploration, gets an audience with a few royal advisors, and the next thing you know you've got half a dozen speeches about the need to expand the empire's horizons and a whole lot of work for everyone.  But hey, I can't complain - this place's a sight more interesting than Sado.  Kinda miss the crystal towers, though."

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC: Tezzek

"Ah. No, not in this part of the world. Old Fusa Path may be well worn, but nobody really lives out here. Just me and nature," he said, with a chuckle. "Really, I just spend my out here to avoid the loud bustle of the Koro." he sighed, then looked away from the wooded patch, into the grassy plains. "You're with a farming group? This certainly would be prime territory, and not many people seem to want to live the simple life out here. You could work acres by the dozens, and never deal with competition. Plus, favorable winds bring ash up this way from Ta-Wahi, so the land must be pretty fertile up these ways."

Gazing down the empty path, he smiled. "This road may look empty, but it gets plenty of travel, believe me. You'd always have someone coming along, so company wouldn't be hard to come by. Caravaneers and traders mostly, too, so the business would be good." He looked to his Vortixx companion and smiled softly. "Be nice to have neighbors again, too."

IC:

HMS Daihot going down, down, down....

Levelling a gaze that could have obliterated a dozen Soko with its intensity at Goldie, I pulled out a pack of cigarettes and tapped it against the table.

"I don't suppose that smoking indoors is legal on this side of the ocean, is it?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC Haki from Le Wahi.

It had been a long and somewhat unnpleasant journey, but at long last, the Turaga of Stone had reached the gates of Ga-Koro.

Where a small crowd of people and a.... Rahkshi were standing.

Worrisome.

He came up to the crowd, clearing his throat as he approached to announce his presence.

"Excuse me, would you happen to know what it is that's going on?"

OOC; anyone near the gates, that's... You, I guess.

Edited by Chumpu

IC:

Rediet looked to the gates. A small brown being was talking to the crowd. Rediet wanted answers. This guy looked like he had answers... Rediet stepped forward and waved at the being. "Hi, I don't really know what's going on, but I heard from some guy that there are new arrivals here... I, uh, just got here and have no real idea of what is going on"

Edited by JackDaMac2001

IC: Lash (Breathless)

The Rahkshi stood impassively near the gate, ignoring all of the beings who were gawking at it. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC

Rediet looked back after he talked to the brown being. He gave a "one second" sign to the being as he noticed a suspicious looking creature in the crowd. He snuck up a bit on it, wondering what it was. He walked away and turned his full attention to the brown being

OOC:

Open for interaction

IC

After realizing that the brown being had not noticed him, Rediet proceed to walk out the gate. He found the largest and smoothest stone he could on the beach, and scribbled "Toa for hire, price: a good adventure time available: any". He held the stone in his hands and sat near the gate.

OOC:

anyone need a toa for hire?

Edited by JackDaMac2001

IC: Verulas (Spectre) - Ga-Koro (Bar)

"Yeah. I just hope that they have better luck getting in than I did," he said as he leaned back in his chair a bit. "Had a feeling that I was being tailed on the way in, so I dropped a few mist-bombs into a crowd in order to disappear. I'm pretty sure that I didn't lead anyone here though, so we should be safe for now."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC:

"I see."

LoJak still didn't like it. 'Expand the Empire's horizons?' That sounded a lot like conquest to the former mercenary. From what he gathered, this Empire had a habit of mistreating it's population, and any new lands conquered would be treated even less kindly. LoJak wanted to ask more questions, but the foreigner's were giving vague answers. 

He would stay close and make sure nothing happened, to them or Mata-Nuians.

"Crystal towers... that's sounds a lot like our towers of Ice in Ko-Koro. If the village were not under control by unsavoury fellows, I'd suggest you head there next. Would you like to visit a local temple instead?"

Soraph's 'hand' passed through the barrier as she felt him wince in pain. It was slight, but forcing oneself into the mind of any psychic, even this peculiar case, was bound to cause some discomfort. The Vilda princess tried to be gentle, as much as any Willhammer could. Thne rest of her form on the mental plane entered his mind and her consciousness joined with his.

It was mind-melding of sorts, though the connection was entirely one way. In that instant Soraph could feel everything Vakua did, see out of his eyes and hear out of his ears. 

Thoughts, emotions, fears, they all flew by, each interconnected and yet separate. A malicious Willhammer would play on these, severing some chords, strengthening others. Create new ones to keep and enemy out of the way, or walk a particular path. Even turn on one's own family. It was a difficult thing, made more complicated by the intricacies and vastness of the mind.

Memories flowed by ripe for viewing. All Soraph need do was concentrate and 'pick' one up, and there'd it be. 

She started on one that looked interesting.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

"Seafood is common." The Umbraline Menti began, calmly taking a small sip from her beer. She gestured with a hand in the direction of the world outside, before bringing it back to cup her mug once more. "Many islands are actually fairly similar to this place. Sado is more city than island, and the Saihoko fisherwoman have a fish market near the shore. Odaiba is our primary producer of grains, but seafood is a large staple of our diet."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"We only had fish a couple times before coming to Ga-Koro. Instead, we ate a couple Tahu Burgers every other day or so." Whitehot took a drink of beer and kicked back in her half of the booth. "Best breakfast ever." 

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"The most tragically, comedically huge slab of beef that we can fit between two buns, soaked in barbeque sauce and your choice of up to three veggies. Plus more fries than you could fit in the cargo hold of that fancy sub you sailed over, plus a milkshake the size of my calves!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"... That does not sound a particularly healthy food." Sinshi commented after a moment, taking another, longer, sip of her beer. She tapped a finger on the side of the container idly, processing the new information. "... It sounds intriguing, however. What are fries?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Got potatoes?" White asked quizzically. "They're potatoes, except you cut 'em thin as , fry them in oil until they're crispy, salt them and eat 'em with some kinda condiment. I'm only hot skin deep, honestly. Got me a heartlight the size and texture of a Kolhii ball. Gotta level with you, Sinshi, I'll probably only have two thirds of your lifespan."

She winked rakishly and washed down half of her beer to emphasize the point.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"This also sounds intriguing. Perhaps I shall have to have one of these before we leave." Another sip of beer was accompanied by a slight nod, then a gesture towards the Sergeant. "You cannot be all that unfit. Your duties require you to maintain a level of fitness higher than that of a civilian. It wouldn't be surprising if you matched or exceeded my lifespan."

Edited by Riku Tryon

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"I wouldn't put all my eggs in the 'Turaga Whitehot' basket just yet. You guys got chocolate on the other side of the world?"

"Yes."

Whitehot, beaming, scribbled out 'THREE CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKES' on a napkin and began the delicate process of folding it into an origami Gukko. When she had failed the delicate process with three different napkins, she stood up on her knees and shouted out for three chocolate milkshakes to the waitress' station behind the bar. 

"I'm not good with artsy ," she said with a disappointed sigh and a low ploomph as she sank into the booth. "Stupid birds."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Origami is difficult." She admitted, taking a larger swallow from her drink. "Especially with paper so uncooperative. A proper origami bird can be quite difficult to produce. I cannot do it either."

"May I ask what a milk shake is?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Well, there's a little milk, but mostly it's a thicker kind of dairy cream than milk is, and they blend it up by hand with a bunch of chocolate and serve it with a cherry on top. I am probably making a terrible life decision by buying one with beer, but hey! Tahu Burgers and beer floats!" She toasted with the rest of the beer that was supposed to go into her float and finished it with a satisfied sigh. "To Sinshi Umbraline, the girl who can stare down death by drowning, angry Parakuka hosts, and Marines with bad judgement without a lick of fear. Anddddd a sip or two goes out to Commodore Ayiwah, who's letting me flirt shamelessly with her without getting psychically hurled out to sea."

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Ayiwah):

"That's just because Marines with bad judgement apparently know how to show foreigners a good time." Ayiwah said, then finished her drink in one single, long swallow. It tasted interesting - unusual, but still very much drinkable. She wasn't worried about the effects it would have. At the Chojo's party she had had quite a bit more and walked out feeling completely sober. After all, the commodore hadn't always been the commodore. Once she had just been enlisted Menti, hanging with Saihoko, Dashi and whoever else was assigned to the same ship she was. Royal family ties aside, she was just as much a sailor as any other Navy woman. She could appreciate being casual every now and then.

But that was not to be mistaken with letting down her guard. She'd paused with some of the formalities, while retaining her authority.

:You just let me know how far you're willing to let her go with this flirting, Sinshi.: 

-----

IC (Leah):

The Toa Maru smiled slightly, obviously glad to hear the Vortixx intentions. "It's rare to meet people with nothing more or less than peace on their mind these days - glad you're one of them." 

And she meant what she said. "I'm sure we'll be able to make arrangements. No worries, we'll get you settled in."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

Tyrus moved carefully through the streets of Ga-Koro, his senses as taut as razor wires, should the mystery Toa appear before him again. Lamentably, however, that particular quarry never did reappear; the Lesterin felt his heart sink as the prospect that his hunt had been a failure become more and more likely.

The sudden sighting of Toa Leah Maru only compacted that sentiment.

For a moment, the Marine was tempted to avoid the Toa of Water, slink back into the shadows and continue his fruitless chase until something resembling an objective had been reached. He did not want to feel the shame of defeat weigh on his shoulders under the gaze of his superior officer.

But, no matter what moniker he may have taken, he was still Teacher at heart; and he would not live a coward's life.

Private Tyrus Archer walked quickly and quietly into the street, approaching the Maru and, to his chagrin, the Vortixx from before. The Rahkshi-woman. He swallowed his distaste for Leah's companion and gave the Toa a salute.

"Ma'am," the Lesterin said.

OOC: Hello Leah.

-Void

Edited by Emissary

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Lash.

"I wasn't always," she admitted, "but I'm tired of fighting and killing for causes I don't believe in." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

Hmmm. I sense potential.

Sgt. Whitehot Munequita promptly tore one of the ends off the straw wrapper, aimed it between the heads of the two Dasaka, and launched her paper projectile towards the unsuspecting noggin of the traitorous third wheel salesman Goldenpecks.

FWIP.

A clean kill, cold and effective, but she had no time for tears. The milkshakes had arrived.

-Tyler

Edited by Aikuro Mikisugi

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Casanuva's mouth twitched. He hadn't mentioned he had magnetically tagged the ball bearings, and tossing that one far out would be difficult to retrieve. Oh well; difficult, not impossible. He opened his eyes. "Done, I take it? Well. You can start your timer."

He held his hand up, balling it into a fist, shutting his eyes. Creating a wide, low-power magnetic field, he felt out over the region. He felt out how it was interacting with the magnetosphere around them; he faintly sensed all traces of magnetic material in the area. His tags showed up especially strong. He held out his hand, and the one in the bushes shot back to his palm.

"One."

The one far out was next. He reached to his back and grabbed the blade to his sword. He held his hand up to show he wasn't drawing it to attack; the Dasaka seemed a bit jumpy that he had done so. Detaching the sword, his Pakari activated it as he tossed it, spinning horizontally over the ground. When he heard the metallic ping, he drew it back to his waiting hand; the metal ball was attached. Prying it off, he held it with the one. "Two."

He thought back to his magnetic scan. He could only find two. The only other traces that could be felt were the beings in the area; unless... Oh. Right. After remagnetizing his sword to his back, Casanuva scanned again, with a much more limited range, and felt the magnetic pull of the final ball bearing, in Asa's hand. Casanuva smirked. "Clever. Almost couldn't find it through your own magnetic field." He made a beckoning gesture with his hand, and the ball bearing tugged and pulled in Asa's hand, before flying out, back to Casanuva's waiting hand.

"Three."

Many of Vakua's memories were dark, inaccessible. Some just didn't seem right, were fuzzy, unclear. The one Soraph settled on was more recent than the last time he had shared minds with someone.

The room was large; more of a hall... or a court. No furniture was there, though the entire room was paneled, leaving doubt as to what way there was to enter and exit the room. In the center stood a tall, thin Toa. His moss green Kualsi was covered with runes, as was the rest of his body. He wore wooden armor that looked as if it had simply grown into place; a large, round shield made of spiraled wood covered in bark adorned his left arm, and he held a green staff in his right hand. Aelied.

The Bo-Toa was surrounded on all sides by other Toa. Besides Vakua, there were four others; Casanuva and Kalyss were recognizably similar to their modern incarnations. The other two were sharp contrasts; a remarkably short female wearing a Calix, with blue and white armor, holding a metal staff in a fighting position. The other was a impressively tall and heavily built Toa with black and purple armor, wearing a gray cloak and holding a saber, reinforced with extra strips of metal riveted to the sides. Vakua's memories indicated they were Zueya and Skorm, Respectively.

"Remember, Kalta, that you are not to hold back. Begin..." Aelied said, surveying his team.

Alright everybody, I am beginning the mindlink. Separate images poured in as the thoughts of the others connected to Vakua.

Boss's not getting off from this one.

I'm ready. Who's Aelied going to hit first?

Ready. Zueya, see if you can stun him with a jolt.

I'm here. No, I'm going to rush him, keep him off-balance.

"... Now."

Kalyss's form blurred, and she rushed forward, throwing a haymaker punch at the elder Toa. For the briefest moment, Aelied's mask glowed, and he disappeared, appearing a step's distance behind Kalyss, slamming his shield into her. The Su-Toa was knocked to the ground, but Vakua didn't focus on her. Casanuva and Skorm charged forward, raising their swords. Aelied raised his shield, and Casanuva's sword embedded itself into it, though Aelied held it steady. He raised his staff, which animated into a twisting vine, wrapping around Skorm's arm. The three stood there for a moment, struggling for control, until Aelied noticed Vakua pointing his spear at him, the tuning fork head vibrating. Across the room, Zueya held her staff trained on her master, crackling with electricity.

The two fired simultaneously, a burst of sonic and a jolt of electricity. Aelied maneuvered the two he was grappling with into the paths, and Skorm fell to the ground, gripping his head, while Casanuva froze up and recoiled, the shock roiling around his body. Aelied disappeared again, materializing directly in front of Vakua, sweeping the ground with his staff. As Vakua tumbled to the ground, Aelied disappeared again, appearing in front of Zueya. Her staff crackling with electricity, the Vo-Toa swung both ends in a one-two combination, which was parried by the elder Toa. She quickly planted her staff on the ground and used it for support as the jumped, and kicked into Aelied's shield with both feet. The wood from the shield grew around her feet until she was stuck, and lost balance. The Bo-Toa slipped his hand out of the shield and teleported away, just in time to avoid a flying tackle from Kalyss, who instead tumbled into Zueya.

Aelied reappeared in the center of the room, but was thrown of balance as if he was suddenly pulled by something, or pushed by some wave of force. Getting up, Vakua saw Casanuva, recovered, holding his hands out, concentrating."

"I have him, c'mon!"

Vakua glanced at Kalyss, who was getting up.

Everybody, flashbang!

The Su-Toa nodded at him, and charged a ball of plasma between her hands, and threw it like a sports ball. Vakua held his hands out, and a thunderous sudden noise erupted. Vakua closed his eyes, but even despite that there was clearly a bright flash. When the De-Toa opened them again, the room was filled with sparks, and Aelied was reeling, but was obviously still aware of his surroundings. Kalyss charged again, and the Bo-Toa spun, opening his hand and blowing the contents. The Fa-Toa passed through the cloud of dust, and started snoring before she hit the ground. Vakua and Zueya approached, holding their weapons at the ready. Aelied took his green staff in two hands, ready to parry. Vakua stabbed his spear, and Aelied spun, creating a wooden cocoon around himself. Both Vakua and Zueya swung, splintering it, revealing it to be empty.

"Behind you!" Zueya shouted, but it was too late. Vakua felt weight, and he looked down to see vines encasing his body. Unable to do much but squirm, he couldn't resist when he was pushed to the side. From the ground, he saw Casanuva and Zueya approach Aelied from different sides. Casanuva held out his hands as if to embrace Aelied in a hug. Zueya held up her hand, and arcs of electricity shot out, reaching around Aelied until the almost touched Casanuva, then arced back. The two created a cage of electricity around the elder. Aelied glanced back and forth. Zueya crushed her hand into a fist, and the arcs rapidly closed. Before they did, however, Aelied was already gone. The resulting explosion of electricity threw back Casanuva, and made Zueya recoil. The Bo-Toa reappeared behind Zueya, who was still shocked and looking at Casanuva (who was being shocked), and put his hand on her shoulder. The small Vo-Toa still had a stunned look plastered on her face when a mass of vines wrapped her torso and legs.

Aelied began slowly walking forward, surveying his handiwork. He didn't notice Skorm fade into view behind him as his Huna deactivated. The massive Ba-Toa wrapped his arms around Aelied, pinning his arms and covering his face. Skorm grunted as he lifted Aelied above him, and slammed him into the ground. Raising his leg to stomp on the elder's chest, the air around them distorted slightly, and the Ba-Toa brought his foot down with surprising speed. Aelied's mask activated, and he was gone by the time Skorm's foot slammed into the ground, leaving multiple cracks in the ground. Aelied had Quick-Travelled directly above Skorm, and slammed down on him. Skorm had not yet normalized the gravity, and collapsed under his master like a threshed crop. Placing his hand on Skorm's back, the Bo-Toa wrapped the final member of the Kalta in vines.

Amidst a chorus of groans, Aelied slowly clambered to his feet. "Well, what did we learn today?"

Casanuva, his armor smoking, leaned up. "That the Kualsi is a load of Kane-Ra-""

"Well, besides that." Aelied waved his hand, and the vines binding Vakua, Skorm, and Zueya withered to scraps.

Vakua helped up Kalyss, who was coming to. That we stand more chance of winning if we coordinate our attacks?

Aelied smiled. "Yes! Unity is your strongest Virtue. Working together, you lasted twice as long as you did individually! Vakua, you have an advantage few others have; when you share thoughts, the entire team is deeply connected. One thought, one idea, can change a battle. Casanuva, your powers allow for whole new levels of strategy when working together with your fellow Toa, as you demonstrated, but that doesn't have to be the limit. Find that limit, and surpass it!"

Kalyss had gotten to her feet, and yawned. Aelied walked over, and put a hand on her shoulder. "Every plan needs a spearhead, and every team needs a leader. I'm not always going to be with you. Kalyss, your speed allows you to control the flow of battle. Instead of being first, you can pick your conflicts. In the field, winning means accomplishing an objective, not being first or last. Know the tools at your disposal, and how to use them."

The Bo-Toa held out a hand to Skorm and helped him up. "Skorm, the right force applied in the right place can change the course of destiny. You were one of the last ones standing, but you spent most of the session invisible."

Skorm frowned, snatching his hand away. He turned from Aelied, and Zueya reached out, touching his arm. Skorm didn't recoil. "I am no coward. I was waiting you out, not the others."

Aelied chuckled. "I was never accusing you of being a coward, Skorm. It was smart; you struck when I was at my weakest. But you could have turned the match earlier, by assisting your teammates. Remember, help doesn't have to mean a sledgehammer; it can be as easy as assisting them lifting something, or being an extra set of eyes."

Zueya looked uncertain. The elder put his hands on the Vo-Toa's shoulders, and smiled. "And Zueya... When I chose you, I saw that you may have the most potential out of all of us. Don't be afraid of your power, let it flow through you. You are your own worst critic; I could feel your hesitation. Don't let your fears inhibit your destiny! You are a valuable member of the team, and learn from your setbacks, don't wallow in them. Oh, and just so you know, wood doesn't conduct electricity well. It might help more in the future if you remember that." Zueya giggled slightly.

"Now," Aelied said, "you are all dismissed for the day. Rest well, recover."

Kalyss was shaking the sleep off. "What are we doing tomorrow? More physical training?"

Aelied shook his head. "No. I'm afraid this was to be our last sparring session. We might be going on your first mission."

Vakua's eyes widened. Mission? You mean... we are going to leave? Where...

There was more to the memory, but it was suppressed beyond even the most skilled Willhammer. Even willing, Vakua could not continue; it simply faded, followed by a telling blank.

I guess... the next thing I remember is waking up on Mata Nui. Not far from here, actually. From what Casanuva and Kalyss figured, we were scattered to the six Wahi. Alone. We have not found Aelied yet.

Edited by Necrocybermancer
  • Upvote 5

IC (Ayiwah):

The fired paper-bullet made it halfway across the table, then for a milisecond there was a blue/turqoise flash that immediately disappeared again, leaving the paper bisected on the table. Ayiwah innocently looked at the milkshakes being served. 

-----

(Leah)

The Toa Maru nodded approvingly, but didn't say anything since a familiar Lesterin stepped up to the two of them and snapped off a quick salute. 

"Tyrus. That was fast." was all she said. She had a good guess why, but he was about to tell her herself so she left it at that.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: If she were looking for intimidation from the good Warrant Officer, Daijuno found herself woefully out of her league. He'd seen Whitehot Munequita on a domestic abuse case. This foreigner, bless her heart for trying, paled in comparison. All she'd get to her name was an innocently casual grin and a dismissive wave of the hand.

"Go ahead. Don't bother me none."

Opening his sparkling blue eyes, he propped an elbow on the table languidly and leaned on it. "What's the matter? Why the gla--"

THWIP

Warrant Officer Goldenpecks paused mid-sentence. Warrant Officer Goldenpecks, with the same poise he'd had ever since he arrived on-screen, raised a finger, asking for but one second from the merchant.

Goldie activated his Calix.

Goldie tore a chunk of straw-wrapping from its main body, quick and precise.

Goldie crumpled that chunk into a ball, shoving it into the opposite end of his straw, recently liberated from its glass of pink lemonade.

Goldie whirled, momentarily locking eyes with his immediate superior and acknowledging her act of war.

And to finalize that sequence, which took the span of a mere half-second...

Dantas fired, right between the eyes

• Upvote 1

helo frens

IC:

The blow came hurtling towards her much slower than she'd anticipated; she could almost see a little pink vapor trail streaking behind it before--

TWHIP.

It struck. Cold and calculated. The bounce of wet paper on the table in front of the Sergeant howled of raised stakes, and anguish yet to come.

Slowly, Whitehot Munequita reached for a second straw and slid each of her chosen blades into one corner of her mouth.

You should have learned by now, Goldie.

She forced down the remorse threatening to well up in her chest.

I never start a war I ain't prepared to stop.

Mechanically, like the one kick she had practiced two thousand times, Whitehot began taking turns blowing wads of paper from each corner of her mouth, sending them flying through the wide box made between Ayiwah and Sinshi's heads. 

I'm sorry, Sinshi. This is a two front fight now.

As Goldenpecks weaved and dodged, leaving obscenely pretty motion blurs in the air around him, Whitehot's cheeks began to puff brighter and brighter, redder and redder, while paper flew from her straws and a deep rattaTATTArattaTATTArattaTATTATATAT sound echoed from her chest into her tightly pursed mouth.

NOW

THE WORLD IS GONE

I'M JUST ONE

PLEASE

GOD

WAKE 

MEEEEEEEEEE

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME