BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Vilda Mako (Chisai Ryuu)

"At least not while the Commodore hears it you shouldn't, but I don't have all that much to spare on the establishment. Granted, our kind never lacks for, um, 'company', but that's not the same as enjoyable or even just polite company, not that I'd want that anyway..."

I breathed, keeping myself from becoming a babbling idiot as I touched my own nerve.

"But, we sure don't get to do all that much without it being on someone else's behalf or for their convenience"

"Word of advice; when you get to be my age, that's when the fun starts"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Zuto Nui preaches self betterment, through the attainment of power." Sinshi commented on the conversation, butting into the conversation (albeit questionably politely) for the first time. "While loyalty is important, so is acting on your own behalf."

"Though," One might almost call her tone amused. "Datsue do have much more leeway there. As I've heard you know, Vilda Mako."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC Haven't been paying too much attention, so I'll go sparse on the details.

IC Asa

"Busy it is; lots of patients coming/

Nothing too serious, except for lots/

Of cases of blunt force trauma and some/

Near-drowning. Still working at a good pace."

OOC Art hasn't been online forever; is Asa the only medical staff now?

IC: "Because balance must be restored to the world." he muttered cryptically, eyes narrowing in resolution.

He held a hand out, cutting off Wherya's advance.

"Don't! If you interfere, she will never recover properly! People can't always be coddled and comforted through their lives! They must learn the harsh truth of the world!"

He turned his voice back to Ekko. 

"No one can help you now. You can only help yourself. This is life! This is the cold reality everyone must face at some point or another! This is what separates the wheat from the chaff!"

"So what will you do?" he asked softly as he lowered his arm, manic energy in his tone replaced by solemn guidance. "Will you spend your life relying on others for comfort, or stand upon your own two feet and solve the problem?"

helo frens

OOC aaah how did i miss this post ;__;

IC: Soraya  [The Chiisai Ryu]

The Dasaka was too busy clinging to the pipes and bugging her eyes out of her head to respond to Soraya's original shout.  She groaned, fumbled around in her pockets, found a spare nut, and threw it at the engineer's head.  "AKI! GET YOUR -" there was another rumble as the beast continued to curl around the submarine - "-T TOGETHER! ENGINES! MORE POWER! HOW?"

(Some part of her - probably the part that sounded like Morie when it had something to say - took a moment to appreciate the fact she'd had the opportunity to yell at someone again.  This part of her did not necessarily have the best sense of priorities.)

IC (Akimoto)

"How the f-" one of the sub's alarm's shrieked. "- do you expect me to-"

The seaborne vessel abruptly stopped tossing itself about, and Ayiwah's mental pronouncement of victory was met by silent cheers. The engines rumbled as the sub began to move again.

Aki calmly stood up and brushed herself off, heart hammering.

"Well, that was close. Good job, team."

IC: Ekko

There were few things in the world able to avoid the quite literally silent, slightly Pakari-enhanced, slap that connected with the side of Sudo oh so solemn face.  One guess as to what wasn't one of those things.

Ekko, for the benefit of those around, gave a cheeky grin as she added, "Problem solved.  Life lesson over.  Now let me hug."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Even as he saw the slap coming, Sudo closed his eyes, looking for all the world to have passed on peacefully in his sleep as he careened off the dock and into the brine below.

It had to be done. I got what I deserved, passed on important life lessons, and Ekko got rid of her problem. It takes cunning to organize a no-win scenario. It takes even more to construct an all-win scenario.

Ha, I'm such a sap.

Gingerly working his jaw, the Toa of Air climbed out of the water with naugh
t but a simple, content smile upon his face.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

OOC: I guess so. At least in terms of player controlled medical staff. There should be a few Saihoko/Dashi NPC helpers available too. 

IC (Ayiwah):

Ayiwah nodded approvingly. "Keep up the good work, Asa."

The commodore then looked around sickbay once more, and at the sailors there for treatment. She gave them a quick order to get well soon and to return to their posts as soon as they were able to resume their duties, before moving back through the ship and heading for engineering.

The engine room looked like a bit of a mess, considering the repair efforts made while under attack by a giant sea beast, but Ayiwah did not mention it as she approached Akimoto. 

"How are things down here?"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

"Zuto Nui preaches self betterment, through the attainment of power." Sinshi commented on the conversation, butting into the conversation (albeit questionably politely) for the first time. "While loyalty is important, so is acting on your own behalf."

"Though," One might almost call her tone amused. "Datsue do have much more leeway there. As I've heard you know, Vilda Mako."

"Well of course I do," I remarked with a smile, "after all, I've been hard pressed for time to actually think about the things I do until my recent retirement"

"Acting on your own behalf is all fine and good, Menti," I continued, "it's just a bit hard to do that when nearly your every waking moment is occupied by attending to someone else' life and well-being, as well as any personal needs."

I delivered something half between a hum and a groan, and gave the gal a quick swipe with my sight up and down before I continued.

"But what do I know? I'm just an old man bumbling about an imperial vessel en route to the new world, getting soaking wet while fighting giant sushi buffets"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Akimoto)

Aki snapped to attention, then shrugged.

"Uh, with all respect, Commodore, I don't have a clue. Engine two was losing pressure, Soraya found the leak, and I fixed it. But I don't know how that leak got there, I don't know if my fix is permanent, and if it happened once, there's nothing to stop it from happening again."

She frowned. "It's either shoddy workmanship or sabotage, ma'am, and seeing as this is the best ship in the fleet..." Another shrug. "Well, we'll do what we can to keep things ship-shape down here."

IC: Arisaka (Chisai Ryuu)

Arisaka wordlessly approached Sinshi and Vilda She didn't particularly enjoy having medical staff look her over, so she was avoiding it entirely. Her arm was still covered in suction cup markings and the arm itself had stiffened since the fight ended. But she wasn't one for showing weakness of any kind, but she was more than a little exhausted, even if she did her best not to show it. 

She glanced at Sinshi when she noticed her presence, even in the heat of battle, she could have sworn she'd seen her summon two soulswords. Why she had not known this before was what puzzled her, maybe she was mistaken and Sinshi had only used one. She doubted this however. Either way she wasn't about to mention it, or anything really. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC Onamazu

One by one, my party introduces themselves. Karna does not interrupt, waiting patiently for their names.

He repeats their names, deliberately drawing out the sounds. He smiles as if he has met someone pleasant. If his expression earlier could be called a mockery of a smile, this was better described as a perversion of one. The priest makes his way to the altar, lighting several candle to better illuminate the building. Banished by candlelight, the darkness moves to corners and the areas behind objects. More a living creature than the dense blanket it was before.

"I thank you four, you have brought Onamazu here. If it were not for your actions, she would not have come."

I speak up, my tone showing my irritation. "Karna. Our relationship is not relevant to this."

The priest laughs. "I understand, this is the first time you have depended on me, do not be so quick as to betray your feelings to others." He turns to my companions once more, staring at them like the condemned. "Do you understand what this girl asks of you? Becoming a "hero" or a companion to one is a trial, you cannot escape it just because it is inconvenient. It is a like a brand, burnt into your flesh."

He walks while he speaks, drawing wide circles around the group.

"The only way you escape this trial is by finishing it, you are all aware with destiny I assume. But the rewards are great, the only way you can clean the mud from yourselves, or erase those burns that cannot be seen, is by following the fate set out for you."   He pauses, leaving his words to soak into their brains and clot like blood.

"Enough!" I interrupt him, "We came here for information, not one of your sermons."

"Heh, I see. It is pointless to talk to you and your type of people, so I was just trying to elucidate you all as to the workings of yourselves."

"I don't think anyone is here looking for elucidation of the self. Lets get back to the main topic."

"Oh? Helping others means saving yourself in the end," he grins. "I would assume you of all people knew that. The priest halts, standing in front of the group again. "Very well. I know of the one you seek. She washed up here not a day ago. A piece of refuse drifting to shore." He pauses, his face a mask  "I know nothing else."

I am angry and irritated, he won't explain anything else. This is his way, he treats things like an infuriating game.

"We're leaving." I announce, ushering the others out with me.

"Rejoice, your wishes will all come true." The priest stands by the altar, his voice easily carrying to the door. "A "hero" can only exist in opposition to evil. The evils you wish for are gestating as we speak. None on this island will be spared from them." The heavy doors close behind us.

"He is wrong..." I refuse to admit to myself that my wish carries the ugly price he speaks of. My goal is to drive evil from the island, a light does not need darkness to stand out. I will prove that.

"Well, where should be begin our search? Ta-Koro and Po-Koro are close by."

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC - Nameless [Marine Headquarters]:

The Toa glanced to his side to see the Ga-Matoran from earlier in the day. His eyes shifted towards the small slice of fruit and he pondered just what kind of fruit it was. However, his hunger overrode any sense of caution. Its taste didn't matter to him as long as it filled him up.

"A-Ah, thanks..." The vagabond said as he took a small nibble out of fruit. 

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC: Skorm couldn't believe he was so caught up in thought he had ran into the toa. He could understand tripping over a matoran, but this was just embarrassing. Skorm let out a throaty growl, and sidestepped the toa, pulling his hood back down. He prepared to stalk away, but... actually...

"Have you been in Ga-Koro long? I'm looking for some friends of mine. A male blue Fa-Toa, and an onu-matoran with an orange mask, both wear Pakaris. Have you seen them?"

IC: Angitu

Angitu pondered in thought for a moment at the question, thinking back to his time at the inn earlier.

"Those descriptions sound familiar.." He thought.

"I might have seen them, maybe not. What's it worth to you? Maybe my memory could be jogged."

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

IC (Dakte)

The Ageru man gave another restrained laugh at Sinshi's words, and shook his head, but gave no further indication of his thoughts. He let Mako talk, rather than speak himself.

As if anyone would listen. The only way I can speak to them is through music, and even then they're oblivious.

He leaned on the rail again, staring east towards the dark horizon. His face was turned away from the others. They couldn't see the smile slip from his face, nor the bleak expression it was replaced with.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

"With respect, wise one," Another piece of squid was disgustedly swiped off of her arm. "You don't know the definition of wet until you've stood on the eye of a creature many times the size of yourself, trying to kill it with pin pricks."

"Nevertheless, you have a point. Our society does not permit much time for personal pursuit, particularly for..." A pause, almost awkward. "... Your gender."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

"'Wet'? Were I a few heads taller I might feel inclined to teach you a different definition of that word"

I gave a brief nod of my head in her direction as I allowed the meaning time to sink in.

"As it is, though, I'll take your word for it. Shows what I get for not reaching for the front seats of this circus while they were still empty"

Moments later I was interrupted by a flash of colored strata in my face and a piercing screech in my ear. Kama had apparently gotten out of her cage during the squid's lullaby routine and made her way topside. The Janu Bird now peered down on me from atop my own head with combined concern and anger cascading off of her.

"Atta girl," I cautioned her, letting her settle on my shoulder instead, "You know it wouldn't be like me to leave my favorite gal all by herself on the high seas"

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

The Umbraline Menti's eyebrows arched, very noticeably, at te Vilda's remark. Though 'stoicism', while an exaggeration, could describe her usual expression, her current one was a very clear look of surprise. Her silence extended a few moments longer, while the bird landed, and even a few breaths past that.

"... Witty, Vilda Mako." Sinshi remarked, almost silently clearing her throat. "The reputation you've maintained is well earned, it would seem."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Angitu

Angitu pondered in thought for a moment at the question, thinking back to his time at the inn earlier.

"Those descriptions sound familiar.." He thought.

"I might have seen them, maybe not. What's it worth to you? Maybe my memory could be jogged."

IC: Skorm narrowed his eyes.

"I'm fairly sure you wouldn't like my ways of jogging memory."

The times, they are a-changing...

IC (Ayiwah):

"The most advanced ship. Not the best." Ayiwah corrected Akimoto. "A ship is only as good as her crew and then only in role it was designed for. Were I to engage in an open battle at sea, I would not chose the Ryuu, but the Yukanna. But for this mission, this vessel is the one we need. And if we treat her well, she will carry us safely back home."

"With that said, she is also the first of her kind and the yards did not have giant cephalopods in mind when they designed her...I think the pressure loss can be attributed to this situation that was definitely not part of the mission parameters. In any case, keep up the good work and keep me informed if there any more problems arise."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Daikura Koga - Submarine

With the beast fought off, the young Dasaka managed to stumble out onto the soaked deck, and watched as the people the others started conversing.

The First Son stood alone, looking out to the west, their destination, and then to the east, back home.

Home. Why does the thought of that not fill me with enthusiasm, I wonder.

It was tiring to converse with oneself, it seemed. The First Son approached the man who seemed slightly apart from the group(Dakte), and leaned on the railing beside him.

"A dragon for your thoughts?"

Edited by Norik Of Celtania

[Ga-koro, Marine Headquarters]

The pink fruit tasted sweet and slightly creamy.

“I’m Talli, by the way,” she said.  She was unsure of what to say, so she just took another bite of fruit.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

The Toa ate very slowly at first. He wiped his juice covered mouth with the back of his hand. 

"I-I don't really have a name... Well, I was thinking of one..." He said sheepishly.

“Oh.”

Talli hadn’t really been good with people that weren’t her family since four months ago.  She should be suspicious of this stranger anyway--but he really looked like he had no idea.

“Well, uh, so--you don't have a clue about yourself?  About where you came from?”

Edited by Yukiko

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

IC (Akimoto)

"Well, that was close. Good job, team."

IC: Soraya  [The Chiisai Ryu]

Somehow the sub's final lurch had deposited her under a nearby tangle of pipes.  The Dashi weakly stuck out a hand and gave a thumbs up as she extracted herself.  "Yeah.  Yeah, we lived.  That's good."  The memory of someone sinking past the porthole was putting something of a damper on her enthusiasm.

The Commodore herself arrived moments later.  Soraya listened silently to the back-and-forth between the engineer and the Commodore, until-

"In any case, keep up the good work and keep me informed if there any more problems arise."

"Ayi-" she started, then bit her tongue.  Keep it together for ten more seconds, Sor. "Commodore.  I saw a crew member out there.  How many people did we lose?" She'd managed to avoid saying "you lose", at least.  That was probably good.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC: Haruru

After exiting the church, the party of five stood outside it's rather large doors with the intent of deciding where to go first. 

"Well... your guess as to where they would go is as good as ours." Haruru said as he replied to Onamazu. "You were the last to see Ayar and her kidnappers.  I don't suppose you can recall anything at all from your interaction that might give us a clue as to their whereabouts?"

"That's a pretty stupid question for me to ask." Haruru realized as he thought over his query internally. "Why would we bother coming to this place for information if she already knew something...?"

"Not a single clue. I-I just woke up with Ta on my back and this tattered cloak." He brought a hand to his cloak and tugged on it slightly in a vain attempt to better conceal the Parakuka on his back.

"N-No one recognized me and I wasn't in any records..." 

IC: Skorm narrowed his eyes.

"I'm fairly sure you wouldn't like my ways of jogging memory."

IC: Angitu threw his hands up in defense 

"Hey, no need for threats, I do commend you for not beating around the metaphorical bush though. Straight to the point, I like it. You wanna know? Sure, I saw them get a room earlier today in the Great Takea." He pointed in the general direction of the inn as he lied.

"What a jerk."

Edited by Makuta of Metru Nui

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

IC: Mirra and Wisp. (Great Takea Inn - Ga-Koro).

"So... You want to tell me more about your evil sister?" Wisp prompted, tugging the glass out of her grip before she could order a refill.

"No. I don't like talking about it." Mirra said stubbornly. "Now stop asking."

"You knew she was here, didn't you?" he tried a different approach. "That's why you came to this island in the first place; because of her?"

"I wanted to kill her for what she's done, but... Seeing her face to face again... Talking to her... I don't have it in me. If I kill her, then I've become just as bad as she is, and she still wins."

"That's why you let her go, then?" Wisp guessed.

Mirra nodded. "If I never see her again, it'll still be too soon..."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

“Oh," said Talli again. Makuta's mother, have a really become this bad at talking?

"What kind of name do you want then?" she asked. Unable to help herself, she glanced sideways at the lump on the Toa's back. He seems ashamed of it--but it has a name?

"I can help, if you don't mind."

[BZPRPG Profiles]

"A-Ah, sure... I guess I wanted something meaningful, but not just a title..." The Toa explained as he leaned forward in the sheet and looked over at the front desk.

"I've got a lot to learn if I want to become a Marine..."

OOC: Vesun, Tuli, Kirgan, and Khervos incoming from Le-Wahi

IC: Vesun

Vesun followed his Matoran friends out of the Le-Wahi jungle onto the beach. Ga-Koro was immediately visible, and the group quickly arrived at the old balance-gate. The Toa of Gravity looked at the old structure with amusement. "Clever," he chuckled, "but no real challenge." He solved the puzzle before the guards had the chance to open the gate, and stepped inside. He nodded to the surprised guards and waited for his friends to take the lead again.

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

IC Kirgan, Khervos & Tuli

(Ga-Koro):

Kirgan sniffed the salty air coming from the sea and immediately felt relaxed. He still liked the village of water, although his last visit had been long ago. The bright sun was still hurting his eyes, but luckily the sky had enough clouds to make the situation somehow bearable.

He noticed Vesun holding back, like he was giving the lead back to the Matoran. Considering he was new to the island, let alone Ga-Koro, this was understandable. Kirgan didn't know the village very well himself either, but he did remember a good tavern nearby... and frankly, he was getting quite hungry.

"The Great Takea", Kirgan said. "It's a bar just around the corner. We could go there, have some lunch and figure out how we're gonna look for a telepath here. Someone in the bar might even be willing to help us, bars tend to be good spots for information and the latest news."

IC: Vesun

Vesun followed Kirgan into The Great Takea, looking around. He saw two Toa discussing something at the bar, and decided they were as good a prospect as any for finding what he sought. He approached Mirra and Wisp.

"Excuse me," he said. "Sorry to interrupt, but I'm rather in need of help." He sat down, hoping to have introduced himself peacefully. He could tell they had been discussing something unpleasant from the tension in their expressions. "You see, I have a... complicated medical condition. In short, I need to find a being capable of telepathy to be treated. Would either of you know where I could find such a being?"

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

OOC: Might be relevant to note that Vakua has been performing at the Great Takea for a while now, and his telepathy isn't really hidden.

IC: Skorm smiled coldly, and nodded.

"Thank you."

He quickly turned and walked away from the toa. This was the closest lead he had found; a some helpful locals gave him the rest of the way. He found it soon enough, taking a more direct route to the Great Takea. Before he walked in, he noticed something black drip on his arm, from his mask. He took the corner of his cloak, and mopped at his face. This black ooze didn't seem to be having any negative health effects, just annoying. Putting down his hood, he pushed open the door. The bustling bar greeted him. Skorm scowled, and walked to the bar.

"Yeah, sure."

Casanuva was fishing through his pack for the plans while he walked away; he swore he had a copy of the internal workings, and he had given the blade design to Tor.

Suddenly, there was a gust of wind, and Kalyss was standing in front of them. Her kakama dimmed. "You are not leaving."

Casanuva frowned, and pointed at her with his good hand, leaning in. "You are not bringing powers into this."

Vakua ran up, panting to catch up.

Why can we not just talk this out?

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

IC Karna

The priest exited the church through a hidden back door, his heavy priest's robe exchanged for a lighter set of traveling clothes. His bag of medical tools and supplies was slung over his left shoulder. He carried no weapons.

He took several side streets to avoid Onamazu and her party. He was content to watch them from afar for now. He sought entertainment, and she was the dull type. A false "hero" persona her coping mechanism for a trauma filled childhood, traumas that left her guilt-ridden and bereft of purpose. She would self destruct sooner or later, he knew this. Until then, he had no intentions of interfering with her.

On one of the mainstreets, the Great Takea stood. It was not one of the nights he visited it to talk with Ga-Koro's shadier elements. But still, he wanted food and drink. The inn was renowned for it's cuisine and selection of spirits. Perhaps he would even find entertainment within. Though he doubted it, banishing the thought from his mind.

The inn is moderately full. The priest takes a small table in the corner, he decides to delay his meal when he sees four people enter. Three matoran and a lone toa. Being a sonic elemental, the priest easily hears their conversation. The toa seeks a user of telepathy, claiming amnesia. Karna considers the situation for a moment. He has seen the toa Vakua in the inn recently, the owner of a Suletu.

Recently, Ga-Koro has been boring. So the priest decides he shall speak with the matoran accompanying the amnesiac toa, perhaps some entertainment can be found with their group. Standing, Karna approaches the table of matoran.

"I have heard your friend's tale," he gestures to the toa, now speaking with two other toa at the counter. "I know of someone in possession of a Suletu. A mask that gives it's user mental powers."

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it