Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Hey, if you have an element like, say, fire, you actually have slight control of ice, right? Since you can absorb and take away heat, shouldn't that be kinda cold? Similarly, find ice and heat it up correctly, you can create water, although weakly. Right?So, lightning can create a small magnetic field, and if you hit a tree, you can also create fire, right?Different element plus different area means you get a bit more powers thanks to versatility which can help combat things. These are allowed, aren't they? The wont get you banned if you create rising air using stuff like fire and water, right.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Yay! The magnet guy in the Le-Koro skirmish-turning-to-battle-royale better take a big fall while in a conscious form and then stay in a unconscious form. I want him to feel pain and that noise better not take it away from him.

I don't think you should be that happy. The guy who knocked him unconscious just killed Proditor.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Yay! The magnet guy in the Le-Koro skirmish-turning-to-battle-royale better take a big fall while in a conscious form and then stay in a unconscious form. I want him to feel pain and that noise better not take it away from him.

I don't think you should be that happy. The guy who knocked him unconscious just killed Proditor.
And someone caught Echelon :P

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Yes. And there's a psychopathic Vortixx with a plan. Things aren't looking good.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Yes. And there's a psychopathic Vortixx with a plan. Things aren't looking good.
I've got a psychopathic Vortixx too! In fact, it was he who caught Echelon XD

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Mine is against Makuta. But he's still evil. Imagine that. Nevermind. You don't have to.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Hey, if you have an element like, say, fire, you actually have slight control of ice, right? Since you can absorb and take away heat, shouldn't that be kinda cold? Similarly, find ice and heat it up correctly, you can create water, although weakly. Right? So, lightning can create a small magnetic field, and if you hit a tree, you can also create fire, right? Different element plus different area means you get a bit more powers thanks to versatility which can help combat things. These are allowed, aren't they? The wont get you banned if you create rising air using stuff like fire and water, right.

You can create them, but you couldn't control them. While you could cause frost over things by leeching the heat out, you couldn't turn that into spikes of ice and throw them at people.While you could make fire by striking a tree with lightning, you couldn't stop that fire spreading or just going out

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Hey, if you have an element like, say, fire, you actually have slight control of ice, right? Since you can absorb and take away heat, shouldn't that be kinda cold? Similarly, find ice and heat it up correctly, you can create water, although weakly. Right? So, lightning can create a small magnetic field, and if you hit a tree, you can also create fire, right? Different element plus different area means you get a bit more powers thanks to versatility which can help combat things. These are allowed, aren't they? The wont get you banned if you create rising air using stuff like fire and water, right.

You can create them, but you couldn't control them. While you could cause frost over things by leeching the heat out, you couldn't turn that into spikes of ice and throw them at people.While you could make fire by striking a tree with lightning, you couldn't stop that fire spreading or just going out
Yeah, thats what I meant. Liek lightning, its magnetic field always goes one way, and is very small, getting bigger only when you're bolt is stronger. But what if you could create icicles by draining heat, then picking them up and throwing them? That's fine, right. :o Edited by Jl1223 X

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Hey...if anyone needs to use my characters(NOT TAHU NUVA GOLDEN) you can use them...just...don't let them die...I have to go...for awhile.To be More Exact:True Zedd: You get Black Mage. Treat him well, and he won't destroy the world.Biobeast: Go with Draebe, and his lost past.Jeni...stays where she is. Unless Makuta infects her.Parugi: The Baron is evil, crazy, and ruthless. Sounds like a great companion.Mirr, Pourge, and Death are NOT UP FOR INTERACTION.Katuko: D...I mean, 'Voriki' is in your crew. Make sure he dosen't die painfully.Any Emotional Spectrum Member: Love and Mardi await, in the Charred Forest.Capt. Marvel/Kakaru: Zand might have a book you want...

Edited by Nitro Frost

As a member of CRANE, I want to help people out in the ta-koro topic. Please let me know if this helps, or is overkill. :)--Kughii um.. for the brawl in ta-koro... why hasn't anyone mentioned the HORDES of npc matoran guards, the fact that everyone happens to be fighting on a lava bridge that can be SHUT OFF, and that no one's elemental powers are tiring? If someone is hurling their element/activating their mask at the full levels everyone HAS been, then why is no one tired by now? Why is someone not unconscious from lack of energy by now? Or blood loss by now? Or... See what I mean? Okay, I'll take this LIGHTER than some people have... I really want to see this fight come to a conclusion that makes sense. Those involved, PM each other, or use this forum right here, to set out a plan of action and figure out how to turn the chaos into a resolved fight. I love the war aspect of this RPG as much as the next person, but I've been hearing complaints from different people either via PM, on this forum, or directly in the fight zone. On the topic of Puppeteering and God-modding: I think that compared to the two people who have thrown someone to the ground, the fact that everyone is going at each other in Naruto style is god-modding in its nature. Some-one takes a stab at you? Don't just say you side-stepped, give a full reaction. Explain how the character reacts not just physically, but mentally. I do like how the infected toa is taking some damage. Kudos to that player for stopping their modding. :) (ON a side note: can infected toa use mask powers? I thought the power was destroyed when makuta took over the mask...) An example of this sort of behavior can be seen in some posts from last year:

IC: (Gahkura)"I guess I'll start this off," Gahkura says, falling into her brawlers fighting stance: Facing straight forward, exposing the entire front of her body, feet spread apart in a T, weight slightly heavier on the front knee. Suddenly she sprang forward, throwing both her arms forward as if to catch the skakdi's neck with her hands!

--Okay, this is how you can post a fight. there's no contact yet, but the movement is clear and gives the player time to react.

IC: Zik'ral threw his hands up and grabbed her arms. He threw his feet up against his chest. He started to push, intending to tear off her arms."Well," he snickered "What are you going to do?"

-- "That's GOD-MODDING," you're all shouting, right? Yeah, it is, but the player RAN WITH IT instead of ARGUING over it.. In fact, the player sent a PM to clear up the issue, and GMed themselves. :P

IC: (Gahkura)"Got ya'," Gahkura said with a flashy smile. Suddenly she dropped to the ground, flipping Zik'ral up and into the air and down again, spinning a 180 on her back as if a breakdancer, then flipping her legs up into the air and finally locking his leg in a vice grip with her thighs, his body under hers, getting all her weight pressed against him. It was only now that Zik'ral realized who he was fighting: Gahkura, champion tracker and warrior of ga-wahi.

-- See? GMing can be FUN when used appropriately, and with good spirit. Also, both players had cleared with each other BEFORE HAND via PM if they could GM one another.

IC: "It actually hurts!" growled Zik'ral "Why must your species be so annoying?!"He wrapped his arm around her throat and started to squeeze. Slowly but surely, the pressure was released. He spun over and Gahkura was now under him. Chuckling savagely, Zik'ral pulled his fist back for a devastating punch... IC: (Gahkura)Gahkura caught the line driver in mid-punch by putting equal pressure into the grab, even so the force carried arm all the way back to the lily-pad road, shaking the water underneath."Why must your species be so ugly?" She retorted driving her knee up towards his crotch. IC: Zik'ral barely managed to dodge her knee. He grabbed it and flipped Gahkura over, now they were both on their feet again. Zik'ral's ugly smile grew wider."You see us as ugly, however, I am one of the more handsomer aspects."

--Okay, ALL of this has puppeteering by the "standards" everyone refers to. HOWEVER, see how each player either crippled themselves in some way, or gave multiple options for the opponent even THOUGH they smashed, punched and kicked one another in glorious DBZ force? That's what you want to shoot for. Don't tackle someone to the ground and give them 0 opportunities visibly available. Tackle them, but land on the bottom, b/c you slipped at the last second, or something. See the difference? One chops of play, while the other creates a flowing, exciting and even adrenaline pumping experience... Edited by Kughii

Yeah, thats what I meant. Liek lightning, its magnetic field always goes one way, and is very small, getting bigger only when you're bolt is stronger. But what if you could create icicles by draining heat, then picking them up and throwing them? That's fine, right. :o

Icicles form when water slowly drips down and freezes bit by bit. Draining heat to create ice would require liquid to be present in a decent amount, and you would not be able to control the shape of the ice at all with Fire. I think at most you would get some frost, not full-fledged ice. Don't overdo this secondary power thing. Using electricity to create magnetic fields is already "meh" enough for me, as is using magnetism to create electricity. I know that's how it works "in real life" and that it's listed as a possible power use, but BIONICLE usually separates elements a lot more than actual physics do. EDIT: Ah, yes, the guard finally does its job. I was reluctant to do that from Mevi's point of view, but I'm fine with it happening. Realistically, I would think the guard would have stabbed everyone to death already. :P Edited by Katuko

SO! Hiatus time. I'll be gone for most of today until... I dunno, Monday, Tuesday at the latest. All of my characters are in stasis, all of them, except maybe Jokar, who can follow Kirgon and Mero around if they decide to leave Onu-Wahi. So cy'all soon, I suppose. -Skar

Mine is against Makuta. But he's still evil. Imagine that. Nevermind. You don't have to.
My psychopathic Vortixx is now insane. Or is he?

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Will the Battle of Ta-Koro's Gate be put in the story topic/news? I figure that it could since it might have lasting consequences. Jaller might see fit to banish them from Ta-Koro, blocking that region off from all or some of the arrested fighters. Although not as important as the principles, it still could affect gameplay.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

I havn't been following L-Koro, so anybody mind telling me what happened to Sizin?

You're still standing by Turaga Matau's hut with Wraith... :biggrin: Snelly on the other hand is mourning Tamaru's demise... Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

I havn't been following L-Koro, so anybody mind telling me what happened to Sizin?

You're still standing by Turaga Matau's hut with Wraith... :biggrin: Snelly on the other hand is mourning Tamaru's demise...
Wait till you read my last post. I pretty much cried while writing it :(

You're still standing by Turaga Matau's hut with Wraith... :biggrin: Snelly on the other hand is mourning Tamaru's demise...
Wait till you read my last post. I pretty much cried while writing it :(
Ya, good writing though.... Well, now we ALL have to wait for Friar to respond.... :P Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

*begin emotional outburst*NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! NOT TAMARU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we must avenge him by protecting the other chronicler's comapny members!and as soon as someone destroys the assasins, ill have fun ripping out their heartlights, burning them and having the ashes go in a river, so they will never be remembered physicly. MUHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA- *end emotional outburst*

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

We need to plan. Kopeke is the most vulnerable, he never comes out so no one would know if he was dead. Not to mention his great panic. Macku is next, now an introvert and fallen in standing. Hafu on the other hand might be safe, not only is he well adjusted, but he is well known and frequent in socializng. He can't be attacked without being seen. Kapura also is alright based on what we know of him. He still is an active guard according to Jaller, and the guard have to be able to fight off Toa nowadays. Likewise even in 2001, which is the only year we know to be canon in the rpg, he had his weird teleportation power. If worse came to worse he could flee from a foe without a trace. And Taipu might already be lost...

Edited by Tanma

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

I have plans for Hafu. Explosive plans. :devil:

Edited by Zombified Vampire Werewolf
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

maybe our matoran posse' can go and defend one of them. it would be more fun than looking at ancient temples

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)