Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Alright folks, if you ever wanted to be a mafia, now's the time. La Dominazione is recruiting, and it's a full blown, autentico gang straight off the streets of Sicily! Recruiting in Ko-Koro; look for a character named The Mafia, but I'll be changing his name soon

Edited by Constructman

So, I was wondering. There has been a bit about character accents in game- apparently every Koro has it's own. Koro-Koro's, I've heard, is british. Are there any other Koro's with decided accents? I know World's Number 1 Dad says Ta-Koronans speak with a japanese one, and I think the actor who played Lewa in Bionicle: Mask of Light had one too...What do you guys know?EDIT: Ah, how could I forget Sulov and his Onu-Koronan (Russian) accent?

Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

So, I was wondering. There has been a bit about character accents in game- apparently every Koro has it's own. Koro-Koro's, I've heard, is british. Are there any other Koro's with decided accents? I know World's Number 1 Dad says Ta-Koronans speak with a japanese one, and I think the actor who played Lewa in Bionicle: Mask of Light had one too...What do you guys know?EDIT: Ah, how could I forget Sulov and his Onu-Koronan (Russian) accent?
Koro-Koro?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Uhh...Somebody tell me when the Crucible caught on fire, please.And when I gave permission for that to happen.
Hey, question: Would anybody mind answering this question?
I'd answer, but I don't know.
Gee, well, I'd really like to know. If Dov just decided to say that it was, he's going to have an argument coming when he gets back.
Oh, sorry, I though Billietes caused actually notable damage. K, let's just say Cylund got knocked out by, say, a chandelier falling from the ceiling in the chaos.-Dovydas

*claps*Bravo, bravo indeed, Legion. This shall be most interesting to follow.As regards the accents question, I would advise against setting defined accents for each Koro. Besides Le-Matoran treespeak, there is no such differentiation in the Bionicle canon, and trying to add one would IMO detract from players' freedom to create their own characters.By the way, when you say British, do you mean English? Because British can also mean Scottish, Welsh or Irish, each of which is very different, not to mention the vast variation of accents within England alone. That's a little bugbear of mine, by the way ;)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I thought a PC had to be able to do it. And Haduken IS the thing with the hundred hands right?
Nah, the Hadouken is a fireball, and likely Ryu's most well-known move from Street Fighter: Hadouken GIFThe "hundred hands" as you call it sounds like some moves from Kenshiro's Hokuto Ken (series known as Fist of the North Star in English) fighting style, which involves punching extremely rapidly. "Atatatatatatatatatatatata-ATAAAA!"I believe I've seen some use their Kakama for other things than just running. I'm not sure I agree with non-running usage, but so long as it's allowed you might also be able to replicate Hokuto Ken to an extent.For the record, "ken" means "fist" in Japanese, so the names of several fictional martial arts moves will incorporate it and thus may be confused for each other.
  • Hadouken = "wave surge fist" --> blue Ki fireball
  • Shinku Hadouken = "vacuum surge fist" --> blue Ki beam
  • Shoryuken = "rising dragon fist" --> burning uppercut
  • Kamehameha = "turtle school wave" (no kidding) --> giant beam (might be said to look a bit like a water stream with * its shape, perhaps?)
  • Rasengan = "spiraling sphere" --> ball of energy

List subject to my lack of Jap. knowledge. I run by fan translations and the few words I know. If I were to make up a new move I'd have to use a translator. :PJust a quick note regarding the work being done at Laka Pala: Me and EW have discussed the matter via PM, and we're mostly on the same page now. I'm still a bit reluctant to introducing these things, but they've already been cleared by Nuju so I'll just roll with it. Elemental power nullifiers will be installed, though not quite in the mystical form the seemed to be at first. They're powered by the energies from melted-down Kanohi, and can only keep running for so long if a siege is laid. The rest is Vortixx tech that can no be replicated, not even by the ones that hold the current machines, unless staff explicitly OK's it. It will be discussed IC soon.You may assume that the current work that is being done is still to pack onto the wall and reinforcing the uninhabited huts and the HQ. But again: IC discussion must be done; I do not want this to fall into the kinda stuff that just magically happens OOC.

Kamehame Hadouken-ish things can be easily replicated by Plasma Toa or Lightning Toa.

The "hundred hands" as you call it sounds like some moves from Kenshiro's Hokuto Ken (series known as Fist of the North Star in English) fighting style, which involves punching extremely rapidly. "Atatatatatatatatatatatata-ATAAAA!"
You are already dead.

By the way, when you say British, do you mean English? Because British can also mean Scottish, Welsh or Irish, each of which is very different, not to mention the vast variation of accents within England alone. That's a little bugbear of mine, by the way ;)
Perhaps all of them, depending on which part of the Koro you're from or whatever. But I'm pretty sure they mean English, because that's what Reordin, Trakuda and many other Ko-Matoran have had to make it pseudo-canon.Also we decided Nui Rama have green blood.

If we are talking about fighting style inspiration, 'Battle Arena Toshinden" is a great place to look. I got Quoribay's fighting style from Ellis.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Alright then, I didn't realise that at first, and ended up having a Lasinia/Mimira conversation in Ga-Wahi. Except the Infernavika hasn't really arrived yet, so therefore we can retcon it into happening while the boat is in the space between regions.
Yeah, we'll arrive in Xa the next time I can post.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Am I the only one who thinks we should have a ILS-style blog post for the Makuta followers, with a list of members, current agenda and such?
Trouble there is that the Makuta-followers are not a cohesive organisation like the ILS. They are made up of several bands of beings, with more than a few individuals, who are working (for now) towards the same goal. Unless you plan on having a post for every evil being on the island, there's not really much point.

Who would like to inform me about the current status of the massing Makuta-followers? I'd love a concise update. Thanks!
The ones from Po-Wahi have all gone to Ko-Wahi at the shrine on the Ko-Ga border (with the aid of Echelon, who brought us to the shrine), and have merged with all the Makuta followers there, and at the moment are making a deal with Ambages.

As regards the accents question, I would advise against setting defined accents for each Koro. Besides Le-Matoran treespeak, there is no such differentiation in the Bionicle canon, and trying to add one would IMO detract from players' freedom to create their own characters.By the way, when you say British, do you mean English? Because British can also mean Scottish, Welsh or Irish, each of which is very different, not to mention the vast variation of accents within England alone. That's a little bugbear of mine, by the way ;)
Sorry. Yes, I mean English. And even that isn't too precise, I guess. I don't live in the UK, as you can tell, so you or Doctor Wotz or Hubert or some other British subject could probably could tell me the definite accent much better than I can.Anyway, I agree. I'm not trying to set accents- you or anyone else can do whatever they want. I'm just wondering what other people think for my own BZPRPG head-cannon. I don't want to say one thing and have it contradicted by someone else. Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Sorry. Yes, I mean English. And even that isn't too precise, I guess. I don't live in the UK, as you can tell, so you or Doctor Wotz or Hubert or some other British subject could probably could tell me the definite accent much better than I can.Anyway, I agree. I'm not trying to set accents- you or anyone else can do whatever they want. I'm just wondering what other people think for my own BZPRPG head-cannon. I don't want to say one thing and have it contradicted by someone else.
Hubert's Chinese-Australian.Anyways in accordance with accents I don't really find it too important, imagine them how you want, everyone else will do the same.Also, glad to see Utu back.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

I think of Ta-matoran as having more of a normal American accent. I just cant imagine Jaller talking in a Japanese accent.Ko-matoran talking with a stereotypical English accent makes total sense though.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Hello, everyone. I'm back.A recap would be nice, especially if anything particularly interesting has happened over the last five days. Also, PM me if you are waiting for me to post. I don't believe anyone is, but I have a fair number of posts to trawl through.
Reordin was found by Aurax, and now five of the Six are gathered and are planning to look for Sulov.
Who would like to inform me about the current status of the massing Makuta-followers? I'd love a concise update. Thanks!
They're all massed at a shrine in Ko-Wahi. Echelon is there, Ambages is attempting to make a deal with them, and Ronkshou is making his way over.
I was wondering, guys, can anyone think of any Makuta-followers who have as much prestige as Echelon? I've been out of the loop for a while, as you know, and I was wondering if a] there were others I'd forgotten or b] if any rose to prominence while I was gone?I wish to note that this is NOT an exercise in building my ego; I'm trying to figure out which non-staff characters would qualify as Dark Toa in my eyes.
I'm trying to make Zenix more important, but it's not really working. He's pretty evil, but he hasn't spoken directly to Makuta like Echelon has.

hi guys i'm WAL lookHorde UpdateRegroupingtl;dr version in post.So I'm not exactly sure where we should go. Initially the plan was to go to Po, as that's where the Makuta servants' hideout was, and then maybe infiltrate them somehow by having someone pretend to be a Makuta servant. But as far as I can tell there's no one there anymore, correct? Of course, we'd have to go through Ko, where they are, to get to Po, and we of course wouldn't be able to follow a trail through the Drifts in the first place, so... I don't know. Maybe there'd be rumors in Ko of a shrine to Makuta near the Ga-Wahi border, and we would investigate?

Q2TtLEz.png