Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Can sombody tell me all of the infernavika's weapons?
Many cannons, including chasers, using Stralix powder. Equipped with ball shot, chain shot, and grape shot.A swivel-mounted rapid-fire disk-launcher on the forecastle.And of course the assorted weaponry of the crew ;)
You also forgot one very important weapon:Doomslayer.And his assistant/cannoneer Zmija.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Many cannons, including chasers, using Stralix powder. Equipped with ball shot, chain shot, and grape shot.A swivel-mounted rapid-fire disk-launcher on the forecastle.And of course the assorted weaponry of the crew ;)
You also forgot its upgrades.There are now several swiveling ballistae mounted on the main deck as well. Edited by World's #1 Dad

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Forgot? I forgot nothing. I simply wasn't told...By the way, I'm considering having Lohkar scrap most of the 'upgrades', and I have a legitimate IC reason for it. The Infernavika is - or was - one of the fastest ships of its class on the Ocean. All that armour, and now these ballistae, are really going to slow it down.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I never remember approving all this warship weaponry. Or even being asked to approve it. Next time, please take that precious moment and just think.As for the Rahkshi inquiries, I will activate them when I decide to activate them. Hopefully when you've forgotten about them.

test2.png

Tell me, would you guys get annoyed if I make Tarantulas in here (and a certain cliche villain that goes "yes, yes" and has a affinity for giant purple dinosaurs)? (I know, I know, I've been watching too much beast wars lately... T_T)
.........................More expies?*Locks door of bunker, in preparation for the sheer rage*

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Lohkar is an expie!?OlolololololololololololOn serious buisness, I'm going through with this. I would love to Tarantulas in this game... It would be fun having him feast on small rahi and the occasional victim whilst performing experiments on poor matoran, toa and skakdi with warpston- I mean, energo- whoops! Slipped again, I mean energized protodermis! Yeah! That's what it's called... Yes... Yes...

Lohkar is an expie!?OlolololololololololololOn serious buisness, I'm going through with this. I would love to Tarantulas in this game... It would be fun having him feast on small rahi and the occasional victim whilst performing experiments on poor matoran, toa and skakdi with warpston- I mean, energo- whoops! Slipped again, I mean energized protodermis! Yeah! That's what it's called... Yes... Yes...
If you are making a reference, I do not get it.And you can do the SH introductory post in onu-wahi.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

On serious buisness, I'm going through with this. I would love to Tarantulas in this game... It would be fun having him feast on small rahi and the occasional victim whilst performing experiments on poor matoran, toa and skakdi with warpston- I mean, energo- whoops! Slipped again, I mean energized protodermis! Yeah! That's what it's called... Yes... Yes...
There is no energised protodermis in this game. The Makuta might have some, but the players don't. You'll need some other way to do those experiments. Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

If you are making a reference, I do not get it.And you can do the SH introductory post in onu-wahi.
*cough*beastwarsandwarhammer*cough* Alright, I'll do it tomorrow.
Lohkar is an expie!?Olololololololololololol
He started out as a Jack Sparrow expy.
And ended up as the monkies' own Davy Jones.

*cough*beastwarsandwarhammer*cough* Alright, I'll do it tomorrow.
And ended up as the monkies' own Davy Jones.
Just try to do it before you become inactive again, and I still don't get the reference.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

On serious buisness, I'm going through with this. I would love to Tarantulas in this game... It would be fun having him feast on small rahi and the occasional victim whilst performing experiments on poor matoran, toa and skakdi with warpston- I mean, energo- whoops! Slipped again, I mean energized protodermis! Yeah! That's what it's called... Yes... Yes...
There is no energised protodermis in this game. The Makuta might have some, but the players don't. You'll need some other way to do those experiments.
Feine! I'll manufacture warpstone then! All I need now are some gems, a long metal pole, the energy of chaos and a lightning storm... Throt approves, yes...?

There is no energised protodermis in this game. The Makuta might have some, but the players don't. You'll need some other way to do those experiments.
Feine! I'll manufacture warpstone then! All I need now are some gems, a long metal pole, the energy of chaos and a lightning storm... Throt approves, yes...?
Uhhhh... You'll have to get Nuju's approval for that. Though, I'm sorta doubting it...-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

I never remember approving all this warship weaponry. Or even being asked to approve it. Next time, please take that precious moment and just think.As for the Rahkshi inquiries, I will activate them when I decide to activate them. Hopefully when you've forgotten about them.
The Infernavika has existed since the beginning of the NBZP. Tuck approved its weapons then, and reapproved them for this incarnation of the BZPRPG. Do things need to be re-approved?
Yes, a lot of Lohkar's personality is based on Jack's; however, I feel that he has evolved into a character in his own right - and in many ways, he is very different to his original inspiration. I do occasionally put in a little in-joke, though ;)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Yes, a lot of Lohkar's personality is based on Jack's; however, I feel that he has evolved into a character in his own right - and in many ways, he is very different to his original inspiration. I do occasionally put in a little in-joke, though ;)
*cough*jarofdirt*cough* sarcastic.gifBut, guys, no more expies. Have you already forgotten Tyler's words of warning?- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

My perspective on expies is, it's fine to base RPG characters on characters from other fiction, but not to carbon-copy them. These are my guidelines to spot when you're making a BAD expie:

• If you made the character for the sake of having an expie
  • If the character has a name that is the same as (or very similar to) the one it's based on
  • If you constantly quote the original character
  • And finally, the real howler: if the character is part of a group or sub-plot dedicated to expying a fictional group or sub-plot.

Examples of this last point include the Lantern Corps we had a while back, and also the plethora of Doctor Who characters. Both of which I recall objecting to at the time ;)

Exactly. Each of my characters has someone who inspired some elements of their character. Lohkar is obvious. Echelon's use of his power is inspired by Magneto. Merror's emotional torment is inspired by that of the Tenth Doctor.Except, if I had to choose a live-action actor for each of them, I wouldn't choose the inspiration actor for any of them. Actually, that could be fun...I think I'll write them down.Echelon - Christopher LeeMerror - Liam NeesonLohkar - David Tennant

Confession time.I was >this< close to making a Toa of Iron who fought like Edward Elcric, but I decided against it.I briefly considered giving Naru a Kanohi Matatu or Calix so I could perform a lite-version of Sakuya's knife attacks in Touhou, but Zauk will help with that for now. Combo attacks are more interesting anyways.I might still create a Vortixx who runs around with a grappling arm like the dude from Bionic Commando, but I don't have any plot potential for him.

I briefly considered giving Naru a Kanohi Matatu or Calix so I could perform a lite-version of Sakuya's knife attacks in Touhou, but Zauk will help with that for now. Combo attacks are more interesting anyways..
Don't worry Katuko, when the war between the ILS and the Makuta Worshippers begins, I will fulfil your need for Touhou through Iegasa Master Spark. Edited by It's a Gundam!

Don't worry Katuko, when the war between the ILS and the Makuta Worshippers begins, I will fulfil your need for Touhou through Iegasa Master Spark.
May I ask how you're planning on replicating this thing - which usually owns everything on the screen - without someone yelling "overpowered"?Hard to save yourself from a Master Spark. :P
'Cuz Combo Attacks add +50 Awesome Points. cool.png
We'll have to think up some more, my friend. ;) Edited by Katuko

Exactly. Each of my characters has someone who inspired some elements of their character. Lohkar is obvious. Echelon's use of his power is inspired by Magneto. Merror's emotional torment is inspired by that of the Tenth Doctor.Except, if I had to choose a live-action actor for each of them, I wouldn't choose the inspiration actor for any of them. Actually, that could be fun...I think I'll write them down.Echelon - Christopher LeeMerror - Liam NeesonLohkar - David Tennant
Somerhalder for Dorian. Enough. Said.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

If one of my characters (preferably Ira) was even lucky enough to get one minute in the film, I would go with, well, somebody ominous, but still want him to sound like a guy in his early twenties. So no James Earl Jones or Ian Mckellan. Know anybody that exudes their air but is much younger?Dymex, where are you? We need you to continue the hunt for EdgeEmporer Whenua, ya gonna complete the deal with Ghosthands?

Edited by Constructman

Oh we're talking about expies, huh?Yeah, I realized awhile back that I can't handle the task of RPing true expies. XD Now I just do occasional references. I really think they're fine when done right, and Ghosthands has the right idea IMO. Even when they're done wrong, I'm cool with it - just compensate with a few really authentic characters. :PAlso, thinking up actors for characters sounds like fun. Someone should make a blog post for that. ^_^

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]