Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Not always... There are month-bans. I think.Anyway, now that two hours have gone by, I know everything (or almost everything) that I didn't know earlier about transformers. Now I can mix and combine character personalities to create armies of characters that will appear breifly before being killed off by admins/players/theotherthirdparty. This is a mental victory for me.

What are the rules about Toa of Electricity controlling magnetism?
They don't.
Has this been stated by an RPG staff member? They theoretically should be able to.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

They can't. End of story. Check the Profiles topic, it discusses secondary powers.
^This, and plus, Magnetism is only for Toa of Magnetism, if a Toa of Lightning could use it too then what would the point of having Toa of Magnetism be?

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

What are the rules about Toa of Electricity controlling magnetism?
They don't.
Of course a Toa of electricity could theoretically run a current through a piece of metal, but the resulting EM is not under his control, plus in such a low-tech environment and without being a Vortixx engineer, having intricate knowledge of how to apply that electricity is rather unlikely. So not really, though I like thinking out of the box like that.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Using elemental powers to control another element beyond say, a Ta of fire "controlling" ice by drawing all the heat out of the area is not allowed.I think it came from the staff not wanting people to get dual powers by using "theoretical physics" to get past rules.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

It's been stated numerous times, if only due to the fact that they can't in the story. Same as a Toa of Magnetism can't affect the electricity with nothing but a wave of his hand.Really, it's logical: What is the point of having one kind of Toa control another Toa's element?

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

There are some exceptions. Somewhere, Tuck mentioned secondary powers and how they would work.For instance, am extremely skilled fire user could cause a lightning bolt, but he couldn't control it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Anyway, now that two hours have gone by, I know everything (or almost everything) that I didn't know earlier about transformers. Now I can mix and combine character personalities to create armies of characters that will appear breifly before being killed off by admins/players/theotherthirdparty. This is a mental victory for me.
On a scale of necktie to bacon 1 to 10, how much depth will these characters have? Edited by Bordakh Unit 227

ATTENTION ALL BZPRPG PLAYERSThis is a general announcement concerning the use of elemental powers. Today's topic:SUB-POWERSBefore I begin, I would just like to comment that, as many of you are finding out, I am being a lot more lenient on abilities, weapons, masks, powers, etc this time around. This is your character, your game, and you should be free to make and do as you please, and rightfully so. But there ARE limits, and in the spirit of bionicle, powers should be limited to ONE; characters should not be able to use two elemental powers in any circumstance. Now, there are obvious exceptions, the two most prominent being elemental masks (such as the mask of gravity) and sub-powers. In both cases the user of these additional powers does have full control, but do not have as much ability or sheer force of will with them as say a Toa of Gravity; the toa's skill would easily trump the one wearing the mask.In regards to sub-powers, what are they exactly? Definition is as follows:- A power that involve(s) manipulating only a certain portion of an existing traditional Elemental PowerSo in other words, with unusual or creative applications of some powers, you can end up exhibiting others, almost a duel-power. There are several in canon that are mentioned, and other that well follow the logic train very well. In that sense I will allow SOME sub-powers, but not others. Now I know many people have approached me with rather well-put arguments for one power to be used as another, and according to logic and physics completely possible. I am however deciding to stick with canon on this, and with one exception the only sub-powers allowed will be the ones that follow:Heat - Allows the user to create, control, and absorb heat; a Fire/Plasma-based power Vaccum- Allows the user to create and control vacuums; an Air-based power Cyclone - Allows the user to create a whirlwind of air; an Air-based powerCold - Allows the user to make the temperature drop ; an Ice-based power Silence - Allows the user to generate a field of silence; a Sonics-based powerElectromagnetism - Allows the user to create and control magnetism via electricity through metal; an Electricity-based powerExamples of sub-powers that are very much possible but are not allowed would be using are to manipulate Air molecules to move so fast that they cause objects to burst into flame, then manipulate the air (particularly oxygen) to control the flame. This is but one example, but I'm sure you get the idea.Now I've been asked/seen a few "temporary/situational" abilities in regards to powers, and just because I can, I'm going to pick on The Captain because he's the best example. In his profile he states:Ultan is a high-caliber elementalist in Fire, in that, under the correct circumstances, he can create enough heat and friction in the air around him to create lightning. He cannot control lightning, but can launch it and direct it on heat flows in a direct line at a target.This I WILL allow, as long as it is a situational, temporary, non-controlled and HIGHLY DANGEROUS maneuver. Sometimes thing happen (either at random because the right ingredients are there, or out of knowledge/sheer will as above) that are interesting application of powers, and I see no reason to ban that. If however these additional little abilities turn into "Aha I can now control THIS power too gaaaaarrrr!" I will take them away. Thank you capt'n for volunteering, you may sit down now :P (BTW welcome back buddy!)This is just a clarification that will be put in the profile pages. I understand that this might limit a few things, but on the other hand I am giving permission for "additional" powers in the right circumstances. I hope you all understand and enjoy this little change! :biggrin:
What about this post? Does it still apply, or has it been renounced? Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Forgot about that. I believe he mentioned later that you couldn't do much control magnetism as affect it, and change it somewhat.But since that was Tuck-Era and not Nuju-Era, you'll want to run it by the boss.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

There are some exceptions. Somewhere, Tuck mentioned secondary powers and how they would work.For instance, am extremely skilled fire user could cause a lightning bolt, but he couldn't control it.
Welp, time to remake the Fire Nation.Or maybe I'll just stick with my character who is already based off of Uncle Iroh.

profiles i guess

Ultan...Wow was he overpowered. Just in general.Ultan was a rather old Toa of fire hovering about what you could call a "sage" if he had been some sort of wizard or magician.Edit: And now my Nuju senses are tingling and I get the feeling that he is about to pop in here and say the same thing as last time.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Odds are good that if you're trying to use a sub-power that isn't directly related to your element, you're trying to use it wrong. Tuck's post about the elemental mini-abilities still holds for now, but it's an extremely delicate art that I have yet to see be done correctly. So I'd recommend avoiding trying to summon lightning as a Toa of Fire.

test2.png

Not a literal, staff-ban.He means that real life events barred him from playing for a while.
For example I lost all computer privalges for two months after starting he podcast and interviewing people without my own parent's permission. I wasn't an adult then, so that cost me. Also, I've had several "addiction bans" from spending waaay to much time here. The first time I left was one of those. Most bans were do to playing the game too much and losing grades and gpa as result. Which is why now I am loathe to really introduce more characters than I already have set to play: 4 total and I'll be killing off one or more soon. I'd like to only have one or two characters here. Especially by Wednesday cause I need to be going back to school. Actually, Kray, do you want Ishi or can we just forget he met Liara and just let her get on with things? Or do you actually really want him helping her? If so l keep him going for now. As for DJ: he's a perm character. No worries. Edited by Kughii

Since I somehow manged to miss the post telling about it, what is the Fowardi trying to go and do?

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Thank you Jazz for digging that up, and thank you Nuju for retaining that in spirit. So yes, as Nuju said, what I had decreed earlier is STILL in effect, but he is less forgiving than I am. There are/will be situations where sub-power are appropriate, but not usually. This is a boon staff is giving to players. Please don't abuse it.Glad to see my past/current decisions still carry weight around here :P

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Thank you Jazz for digging that up, and thank you Nuju for retaining that in spirit. So yes, as Nuju said, what I had decreed earlier is STILL in effect, but he is less forgiving than I am. There are/will be situations where sub-power are appropriate, but not usually. This is a boon staff is giving to players. Please don't abuse it.Glad to see my past/current decisions still carry weight around here :P
Insane idea popping into my head from this."Remember, it's not the post count...But the contents of the post that count!"Anyway, of the many things I can never achieve, that would be one of them... On other news, is there someone I need to reply too? I've been here (almost) all day, and with nothing to reply to! D=

Insane idea popping into my head from this."Remember, it's not the post count...But the contents of the post that count!"Anyway, of the many things I can never achieve, that would be one of them... On other news, is there someone I need to reply too? I've been here (almost) all day, and with nothing to reply to! D=
Well, Aclaraung did toss Norathed up a dead Mahi to eat.

profiles i guess