Characters who needs Set

Zidonaro

A character who is pretty important in you opinion, or your favorite who you think deserves a set ?

I would love an Artakha set. It would finally kill my curiosity and that way we would have a Mask of Creation, finally having the 3 legendary masks in set form.

None. Most of the characters who haven't been produced as sets are of marginal importance to the story, and were not created with sets in mind. I'd much prefer future sets to focus on either new forms of existing characters, or new characters designed to fit new roles.

I suppose if I were forced to pick a character, though, Artakha would be a pretty good choice, since his appearance (from my recollection) was totally ambiguous. We know which mask he wears but not what he or his mask look like, meaning he's a blank slate to work from.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'd argue that the second character in Spiriah's set is Lariska, since it's lightly built, has asymmetrical arms and wields dual knives. A Kabrua set would be cool, maybe with a dual-color version of the old Vorox helmet.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Johmak.

The first entirely transparent constraction model. Would fly off shelves.

Johmak is the one who could shatter into crystal—are you thinking of Jerbraz, who was invisible?

Regarding Jerbraz, unless he varied up which transparent colors he used and was composed entirely of HF shells and beams, good luck. Lego just doesn't do monochrome sets, and many Technic parts (including gears, axles, and pins) are color-locked, meaning Lego designers aren't allowed to produce them in other colors (not to mention that many aren't designed to be made in polycarbonate). Even if such a set were produced, I don't know whether it'd "fly off shelves" given that transparent isn't the most solid base color for an appealing color scheme. B

Johmak and Jerbraz were really exactly the kinds of characters I was thinking of when I said most characters who didn't appear as sets weren't designed with sets in mind. Neither's description sounds like something which could convincingly appear as a set, and any set of those characters would inevitably fall short of their descriptions. Remember how much criticism the Karzahni set got for being nothing like his initial description? Yeah. The best way to avoid disappointing fans is to design sets and THEN come up with their characterization, like the majority of characters who appeared as sets. That way any descriptions of the characters can be consistently accurate to their actual appearance.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Johmak.

Johmak is the one who could shatter into crystal—are you thinking of Jerbraz, who was invisible?

Regarding Jerbraz, unless he varied up which transparent colors he used and was composed entirely of HF shells and beams, good luck. Lego just doesn't do monochrome sets, and many Technic parts (including gears, axles, and pins) are color-locked, meaning Lego designers aren't allowed to produce them in other colors (not to mention that many aren't designed to be made in polycarbonate). Even if such a set were produced, I don't know whether it'd "fly off shelves" given that transparent isn't the most solid base color for an appealing color scheme. B

Johmak and Jerbraz were really exactly the kinds of characters I was thinking of when I said most characters who didn't appear as sets weren't designed with sets in mind. Neither's description sounds like something which could convincingly appear as a set, and any set of those characters would inevitably fall short of their descriptions. Remember how much criticism the Karzahni set got for being nothing like his initial description? Yeah. The best way to avoid disappointing fans is to design sets and THEN come up with their characterization, like the majority of characters who appeared as sets. That way any descriptions of the characters can be consistently accurate to their actual appearance.

I was thinking of Jerbaz, but Johmak, who could shatter into crystal, would probably be better, given what you just brought up. 

I always thought they should have done playsets a year early and made a Morbuzakh one. He was the only major bad guy for half a year without a proper set. Obviously way too big for a normal set though.

I would agree with Artakha... but ONLY if they take care to actually make the mask accurate to the description. Because that description is kinda awesome. :P

And a Great Being complete with hood would be interesting, if done right. :P I also always thought Helryx should get a set. But those two are more debatable.

• Upvote 3

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Perhaps Toa Nidhiki/Tuyet/the rest of the Toa Mangai. I've always wish that team had been fleshed out more. Lariska would probably be my first choice, though.

I always thought they should have done playsets a year early and made a Morbuzakh one. He was the only major bad guy for half a year without a proper set. Obviously way too big for a normal set though.

The lack of a Morbuzakh set always bugged me. Even a foam vine about two or three times the size of a Toa would be better than nothing.

Edited by John Smith

How about Tamaru in tohunga form? I feel like I could live with that. Maybe even kapura which wouldve been cool.

Ah yes, but the big question for a Tamaru set is whether you'd want a teal body or a dark green one. I'd actually prefer dark green but I'm pretty sure I'm alone in that opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm... I became more of a fan of the villians during the later years of the line, so I'd have to go with either Lariska, Toa Mangai Tuyet, or Shadow Toa Akhmou because Akhmou would have essentially been unique, Tuyet and the Nui Stone would have been a cool collector's item, and the Federation of Fear was an awesome team and it always felt incomplete without a Lariska set.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I suppose if I were forced to pick a character, though, Artakha would be a pretty good choice, since his appearance (from my recollection) was totally ambiguous. We know which mask he wears but not what he or his mask look like, meaning he's a blank slate to work from.

There may be a reason they don't tell is exactly. They may want us to use our CREATEivity for what we think he looks like. XP

(Also, making his mask would probably make them go insane from trying to put on so many cultures, and worse for us to try to understand it, and also we would probably complain on how the mask looks)

As for me, Tuyet and Marendar. Tuyet because gem pieces in her armour/evil super-toa, Marendar because super Toa-killingness. XP

Yes, Tren Krom too, so we can name it squishy (cause it would have to be made out of "organic" rubber).

Edited by Heontris

Online presences (main ones, at least):

DeviantART: Heontris

YouTube: Heontris

Anything else with the name Heontris is also me. As far as I know.

"Don't be a night owl, it gets boring after the first 6 hours." - Me right now

I just want to throw this out there, but instead of a revival, I would much rather love to see a poll where the top 12-22 (6 small, 12 canisters and 4 titans) characters got sets for a 15 year anniversary and have them come in 2 waves like we've seen before.

The characters I'd like to see would be: Helryx, Zaria, Orde, Chiara, 4 Hagah, Lariska, Kabrua, makuta of stelt, kojol (all in canister), marendar, angonce, 2 large sets with 3 of element lords (all "titan" sets), a kestora, crazy karzahni av matoran, hero agori, a brakas, a protodermis burnak and a wasteland wolf (small sets).

Artakha, Tuyet, Goldilocks, tren krom, and/or annona would also be a fine mix with these. :)

Edited by Archon~

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Tuyet. We must have a Tuyet, since Greg went through all of that confusing, convoluted effort to bring her back. Plus, I want her thorny broadsword and Mask of Intangibility. Also, Lariska would be a nice addition, and a proper set version of The Shadowed One, that isn't a dodgy combination model. 

Marendar would be great, a redesigned Velika, and, most importantly, Artakha with his Mask of Creation. I'd also like to see poor Mavrah made into a set, and maybe Ahkmou remade as well. Someone with the Kanohi Vahi, because that Mask is nearly impossible to get anywhere. The Element Lords would be nice to see as well. It would be interesting to see how those translated into set form. Finally... The Great Beings. Angonce especially. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Artakha and pre-mutation Karzahni, the rest of the Toa Hagah, the Le-Matoran and Onu-Matoran Kohlii teams, and perhaps Mavrah. :)

Johmak.

I would have a hard time finding all those clear parts after opening the box. Imagine what a headache the instructions would be. :P

Everyone. Everyone needs a set.

Or at least I would like them too just so that I wouldn't have to bother myself to imagine what they might look like. Realistically, the number one characters that I would like to have as sets are Artahka and the rest of the toa Hagah. I just really wish there were more mask designs (even though there are already plenty... though not in my book  ;)  ). Other characters usually don't feel like they need sets, but the more official designs for characters, the better. 

I really want to see the baterra and Sisters Of The Skrall as sets. Artakha and more Toa, Makuta and Dark Hunters would also be awesome.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!