OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Just got Gali. Anyone got any good poses for her? Pictures would be nice. I'm having a hard time coming up with some since her trident is like almost twice as tall as her.

Well, I had some poses for her in my review for New Elementary, and another here on Twitter. But that last one doesn't really work for display purposes since it is not a "standing" pose and I actually had to lay her down on her back to take the photo. I feel like she looks great in all kinds of poses!

The protectors are taller and shorter than one another. Is there a reason for this?

Like, why are there variations in their height? I assume it's just for the sake of variation, like the Turaga Metru.

Speaking of the Protectors, I have five of them lined up on my desk and dang they look good! Such a pretty variety of colors, and they all look so distinctive. Hopefully the PoJ gets here soon as well.

Yeah, probably just for variety, same as most of their differences. It's not like that's totally new for villager/supporter characters, since the Agori and Av-Matoran in 2008 and Matoran in 2006 also had slight differences in height and physique.

How easy is it to do non-humanoid shapes with strictly only-CCBS mocs? I'd try out some stuff but I'd imagine the heavy use of balljoints and the CCBS torso limits your options

Well, the "strictly only-CCBS" qualification makes things tricky. Often, you'll want at least a few Technic pins and beams for an ideal model. The CCBS was never designed to completely exclude Technic, hence why the larger beams always have Technic connection points.

But if you just mean "without using older BIONICLE parts" rather than excluding Technic parts entirely, I dreamed up a whole hypothetical Hero Factory creature kit on LDD back in the day, kind of like a smaller equivalent to the BIONICLE Master Builder Set from back in 2002. Creatures I came up with included a dog, a monkey, a hawk, a kangaroo, a sea turtle, a gorilla, and a velociraptor — all of which could be built from the same 77 parts, including just a few basic Technic parts.

Another CCBS creature I made is the Geiger Tiger, which uses some basic Technic pins and beams to join its torso together and some other Technic parts to assemble its head, but is chiefly constructed from CCBS.

As far as sets are concerned, there have already been some great non-humanoid creature designs in the Hero Factory theme, most notably Tunneler Beast and Thornraxx. Those can be a valuable source of inspiration as you explore new building techniques.

One tip I will offer you — you can never have too many of these! It is easy to get, because it's used for all the Protectors and the Lord of Skull Spiders. Its many connection points (both Technic pin holes and ball joints) and compact size make it useful for all sorts of creations, including non-humanoid ones.

I encourage you to experiment with your own techniques. But don't feel like you NEED to limit yourself to CCBS. Those Technic pin holes in the larger beams are there for a reason!

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 3

So, I'm looking to fill up my CCBS bins with more useful parts(to many torsos) and I was wondering which of the new sets has the best parts? The protectors look like my best bet, but I'm open to suggestions. (Note, its not limited just to ccbs, just the most useful parts)

As long as you don't mind the gold and red combo, you'll love Tahu. The LoSS is a very good set but the function is a level below that of the 2001 Rahi.

I'm ok with the PoF as long as I don't think about his lack of elbows while looking at him

I wouldn't worry about the elbows thing, you don't really notice it. PoI is another story though.

Self MOC: Fren

How lewd

Summer 2015 sets have been confirmed at the Toy Fair: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=103678&st=10550

(I don't know if linking to other sites is against the rules or not.)

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Summer 2015 sets have been confirmed at the Toy Fair: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=103678&st=10550

(I don't know if linking to other sites is against the rules or not.)

YAY "humanoid villain with red/black color scheme" confirmed!!!

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I wasn't expecting to get any photos of the summer wave of Bionicle until March or April. But its great that we'll see them next month. That way, I can decide if I want to buy any of them before they come out. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I wasn't expecting to get any photos of the summer wave of Bionicle until March or April. But its great that we'll see them next month. That way, I can decide if I want to buy any of them before they come out. :P

I am really excited. I am the most excited Lego building fish wielding vampire. It's gonna be great to be able to talk about them.

Edited by Spiffy247

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

WOAH. Will there be summer set pics from London Toys Fair? Specifically Bionicle?

No. Photographs are prohibited at London Toy Fair, and LEGO takes extra care to ensure that people don't try to sneak a photo from the balcony above their booth.

Chances are the first really clear photos of the summer BIONICLE sets will come from New York Toy Fair in February.

I understand the lack of photos, but why havn't we gotten names and descriptions?

We have! Granted, not especially detailed ones, but enough to pique our curiosity. Huw is not much of a BIONICLE aficionado so even if he had paid closer attention to those sets he might not have really been able to know what features would be especially noteworthy for fans.

Each has a different "feature color"? Now that's interesting. Expected them to be dark, but not sure how to feel about the skeletal aspect. The description makes the villains sound almost zombie-like in appearance. Torn cloth...dark...skeletal...sorta sounds like something of the undead variety if you ask me. But that's just my opinion. 

Each has a different "feature color"? Now that's interesting. Expected them to be dark, but not sure how to feel about the skeletal aspect. The description makes the villains sound almost zombie-like in appearance. Torn cloth...dark...skeletal...sorta sounds like something of the undead variety if you ask me. But that's just my opinion. 

I've wanted this since forever. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Risgrynsgrot on another site posted this about the new sets. Don't know if this is accurate, or if anyone's already linked this.

Edit: I just realized he actually posted it over a week ago...

removed leaked stuff

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 1

Mantax can win connect four in three moves.

These are some really cool names for the summer wave. Not only am I excited to see pictures of them, I'm very interested in seeing how they will be introduced into the story.

I hope the Toa learn to be heroes fast, because these guys don't sound like they will be messing around. :P

• Upvote 2

pc0lX6T.png

Ekimu's colors were my favorite part of him, so I'm glad we're getting at least that. The big guy sounds really neat-- black on trans-red? That's pure evil right there :D They sound like a really cool bunch of sets, lots of variety, they've all got some unique selling point. Do y'all think they could be army fodder, or unique individuals? Because a whole army of archers, four-armed swordsmen, tanks, and giant scorpions led by the Skull Grinder sounds incredible.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Excited for these! I doubt I'll be getting any since I already blew my money on the toa (totally worth it), but I'm still interested to say the least, especially with these new "cloth"-like shells.

I can say that I do hope that these have some more characterization than it appears LOSS might end up with (We haven't really seen much of him yet, but he seems pretty bland and bestial. If he does get more interesting, it'll probably be the books, but we haven't even received a bio describing what he's like as an individual.). Can't wait to see where this goes! They could be like undead guardians of Okoto.

Risgrynsgrot on another site posted this about the new sets. Don't know if this is accurate, or if anyone's already linked this.

removed leaked stuff

So if someone who saw the sets before London toy Fair decides to post descriptions on Eurobricks... are we allowed to discuss those descriptions? Because in a way it's leaks, but then again, everyone who went to the Lego section of the London Toy Fair saw the sets too and would give the same descriptions.

Until said otherwise, I'm going to go with it being ok to disucss these.

I'm hoping Skull Scorpio is like a Nui-Jaga and that Ekimu comes with his Protector-style mask. I bet him and Grinder (GGGGRRRRRRIIIINDERRRRRR) are going to be fighting for the Mask of Creation, which is probably going to be the "golden mask" of the set.

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 2

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

leaked stuff removed

So if someone who saw the sets before London toy Fair decides to post descriptions on Eurobricks... are we allowed to discuss those descriptions? Because in a way it's leaks, but then again, everyone who went to the Lego section of the London Toy Fair saw the sets too and would give the same descriptions.

Until said otherwise, I'm going to go with it being ok to disucss these.

I'm hoping Skull Scorpio is like a Nui-Jaga and that Ekimu comes with his Protector-style mask. I bet him and Grinder (GGGGRRRRRRIIIINDERRRRRR) are going to be fighting for the Mask of Creation, which is probably going to be the "golden mask" of the set.

I think the staff would've said something about these descriptions by now if it was against the rules for them to be posted here, so I think it's okay to discuss them as well.

If it is indeed Ekimu in the 'Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder' set, I hope he has a new mask. I like the Protector Mask, but I personally would like for him to have a new mask instead of a recolored one from another set. I just think like his mask should be a brand new one, though that is just my opinion. 

Edited by Makaru

pc0lX6T.png

I've wanted this since forever. 

Excited for these! I doubt I'll be getting any since I already blew my money on the toa (totally worth it), but I'm still interested to say the least, especially with these new "cloth"-like shells.

I can say that I do hope that these have some more characterization than it appears LOSS might end up with (We haven't really seen much of him yet, but he seems pretty bland and bestial. If he does get more interesting, it'll probably be the books, but we haven't even received a bio describing what he's like as an individual.). Can't wait to see where this goes! They could be like undead guardians of Okoto

Glad people like my theory of undead villains. If they are undead like I suspect, I wonder what the cause of their undead state is...would it perhaps be a direct result of the creation of the Mask of Ultimate Power? Or something with the Vahi? A virus? Something more evil and mysterious?

Edited by THE_Blastcage

I myself think I will buy multiple bad guys for my display I am working on. It would be awesome to have a battle scene in my room. I have some old theme Batman sets, and I am going to put them awa for a while until I can put some wall mounted shelves in my room.

I myself think I will buy multiple bad guys for my display I am working on. It would be awesome to have a battle scene in my room. I have some old theme Batman sets, and I am going to put them awa for a while until I can put some wall mounted shelves in my room.

Try some of those plastic, multi-level shelves. They're cheap, and there's enough room to put an entire winter wave on one level. 

That's what I'm using.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Try some of those plastic, multi-level shelves. They're cheap, and there's enough room to put an entire winter wave on one level. 

That's what I'm using.

Thank you sir or madam.

Something that is clearly Ekimu vs a big black and red guy? The name may be Skull Grinder, but Mask Maker going up against a big black and red bad guy sounds a bit much like the scene where Makuta became possessed bu the MoUP.

Pretty sure that set is gonna be them. 

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I think it's because the story team can't decide on the names. I think the naming for the protectors went like

• Let's name them after the old Turaga!
  • No, let's name them after the Toa Mahri!
  • Forget that, they should be named for the Tohunga!
  • You're all morons. They should be named after the Av-Matoran!
  • Okay. I'm your boss, we'll call them the Protectors and let the fans choose their own intrepretation. Okay? There. Done. Ship it.

I guess the Summer 2015 sets go the same way.

• Upvote 4

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png