Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Palma almost whirled round a complete one-eighty when Sliver spoke up, changing from her attempts to return to her secret Matoran patient to answering the student.

"Yes. Can I help?"

IC: As the Porters continued to rove through the school, their intonations and insistences got more and more demanding. They were outright harryding students to the causeway by now, and hammering on any door that wouldn't open to them. Their brains were simply, and would continue to follow orders until Tridax gave them different ones

Edited by I Am Ultron Six

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Shark / Dane's Dorm

"It depends. Where are you going?" Shark replied, mentally stomping down upon a strange inclination to follow her regardless; he could not afford emotions. He would do what was most advantageous to him, serving only death, as he always had.

IC: Jayar / Causeway

Accursed Tridax!

...Calm. Anger won't help Hoto.

"We could fly away. I'd guide you. They wouldn't be able to follow us through the air." He tried to speak optimistically... but his voice could not help but demonstrate the sorrowful knowledge that it was far from likely to work. Even if the Porters didn't stop them, they'd surely report renegades to Tridax, and Jayar didn't want to risk the Headmaster's wrath. They were in all likelihood trapped here at the Causeway.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Sidonas - Cauldron

Sidonas getting no reply turned to his thoughts and planning.

Better go find Recoil and grab my stuff.

"Someone going to tell me what the plan is?" Sidonas looked around, still keeping his voice concealed.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

IC: Fang - Cauldron

Fang perked up at the sound of his name, and then slowly, hesitantly, made his way forward into the light.

Kat had done a lot to change herself, but Fang was completely unrecognizable. He was noticeably shorter, for one thing. His limbs lacked much of the power they one had, and instead dangled by his sides. The white and tan was gone, replaced by the blue he had shown her, accented by glowing vents and angular spirals of tan. The only constant was his fiery eyes, and a suggestion of a fang emblazoned on his headplates.

"What do you think?" he asked softly. Even his voice had a new quality. It was smoother, with less of a growl, and maybe a faint whistle behind the consonants.

IC: Hoto - Causeway

She shook her head again, as if she heard the doubt in his voice. "We... can't. It's too late. I... I don't want to get into trouble."

IC: Rain - Dorms

Rain shrugged her new shoulders. Her head tilted with curiosity, and she did it a few more times just to get used to the motion. After a moment, she turned back to Fins with a grin. "Where do you think? I'm going to get painting."

IC: Lucid / Library

"I'm Lucid," Lucid said to Raith as she extended a hand of friendship which was apparently to shake. Though the fact that the hand was her left, flipped thumb down, might kinda make you wonder. "By what name do the stars above refer to you?"

IC: Shark / Dane's Dorm

Of course. "I think I'll leave you to that," Shark decided. "Though the Porters may not be so kind." Indeed, from just outside the door came a persistent banging...

IC: Vlad / Empty Dorm Wing

Not so far away Vlad could hear the rolling Fohrok, rapidly approaching on a quest to find his comrades and drag them from their duty. They had no further time to deliberate. "Ve must hurry!" he declared, darting inside to grab the Matoran with as much gentleness as the urgent situtation would allow before turning again to the door. "Zer Porters are approachink!"

"...yeah... you're right." It was infuriating, this utter powerlessness to do anything more for Hoto than just perpetuate the embrace. "I don't want to get into trouble either..." Though sooner or later if he acted against Tridax he most certainly would, it would be better not to hasten that moment.

"But... I also don't want to see you in pain," Jayar continued sympathetically. "So... what else can I do?"

She gave him a look. "They can try," she smirked. She paused, waiting for a space between knocks, and then yanked the door open. Before the Porter could respond, she blasted it with wind and fog, sending the little spherical bot skittering down the hall. "It's a bad idea to interfere with an artist at work."

Without another glance, she slipped out into the fog and to her own room. It wouldn't take long for the Porters to find her there, but she was not going to put up with them.

She sighed and thought it over. "...I don't know."

Sidonas really didn't know what to say at the appearance of Fang. He just muttered in his concealed voice. "Alright, now I can't tell who either of you two are. This is going to get confusing real fast if we don't say who's who.." Sidonas turned and faced the entrance to the Cauldron, keeping silent.

If this were not a serious situation, I would crack a joke about changing appearances right about now.

IC: Holistic

There it is. The Corpus Rahkshi academy, alone on its own little island, surrounded by a seemingly endless grey ocean beneath the iron sky. A home for several dozen fellow Rahkshi, all with their own dreams, values and ambitions. And now it is my home as well, at least for some time. I'm unsure as to how I will fare without the guiding hand of Master, but perhaps it is time for me to taste independence, freedom and responsibility. It pains me to not know if I'll relish the flavors or be disgusted by them, but there's only one way to find out: Descend the hill, cross the strange rock pillars and begin a new life inside that castle.

As I move towards the school, I notice Rahkshi gathered on the causeway. What are they doing out here? I approach the group, many of its members more colourful than I'm used to. Aren't all Rahkshi black?

Then I see the grim monument they are surrounding.

Looks like I arrived just when a memorial service was about to start. Some would think that this is a bad omen, a sign that it was a grievous mistake to come here. But who would organize such an unlikely coincidence? A god? Nonsense. Coincidences happen all the time, and there is no reason to think that a greater being would be behind them, pulling all the strings of the world. No, the world is random, absurd and utterly uncaring.

But this still makes me worried. Master mentioned nothing about the dangers of this school, but I know he adores me and wouldn't send me into a dangerous place. Was he misinformed? Did he think that witnessing death would make me appreciate life more? Or were the deaths of these Rahkshi rare and unfortunate events? I can only ask questions and receive no answers..

All these new people, just as complex and unique as me.. They make me somewhat nervous. I must suppress that feeling and avoid thinking about it too much. Maybe later I can try talking to one of them and perhaps find out where the headmaster is, but for now I decide to wait and see what happens next.

OoC: Feel free to interact with her if you want. Edited by Daniel the Dwarf

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Shark / Dorms, Causeway

Shark did not grin, though it was satisfying to behold a demonstration of his ally's powers. Between her sight-obscuring fog and his silence, it would be devilishly difficult to stand against them in combat. Distinctive though; probably should try avoid excessive usage of the combination.

He strode out the door, satisfied, and immediately a Porter tried to accost him. A mild application of Silence enabled him to escape the irritating drone as he made his way out to the Causeway.

Students were already congregating, and certain to make potentially useful small talk in this idle time. Shark chose a position not so glorious as it was functional; nothing so dramatic as gargoyle stance on a towering pillar but instead a slow mundane path through the growing crowds. His silence powers were now most deliberately deactivated, though he was silent as ever as he paced about as if in waiting, listening all the while for anything of interest.

Jayar frowned. "Then I'll just..." he whispered, trailing off as he held Hoto a little bit closer.

He grinned at Kat. "That was the plan. We might have a Makuta looking for us. We can't afford to be recognized."

And then he flashed what might have passed for a mischievous grin to Sidonas. It was oddly suited to his new appearance, though it would have looked about as alien as a colorful hat on his old armor. "Thief, you can call me... Vent."

"Thanks," she whispered.

She quickly left the fog bank behind and found her way to her room. A quick glance up and down the hall, and then she unlocked the door and walked in. Everything within was familiar. It was her that was strange now. But she would...

A bang echoed through the room as Porters arrived at her door. Rain sighed. They shouldn't have found her already. She tried to push their insistent clatter from her mind as she looked through the vast assortment of paint buckets. She grabbed the handle of a tool half-submerged in a bucket of indigo paint and yanked it out with a splatter of color. The Porters were soon met by a very unhappy Rahkshi and a blade slicing towards their headplates. She didn't stop until the robotic bodies were sparking and unmoving and covered in paint. The scene would have been grisly were it not so colorful.

Sighing to herself, she wandered back inside and locked the door. Hopefully that would buy her some time. Her hands soon found the colors she was searching for and a few brushes, and she got to work applying the soft and delicate gold of her old armor.

IC: Char - Causeway

Char stepped outside with the wave of students and looked around eagerly, her eyes barely concealing a calculating and deadly edge. Each student was analyzed for usefulness and discarded. No familiar face escaped her notice. A flash of red and silver caught her eye, but it vanished into the crowd before she could be certain. Slowly, but with the certainty of a predator, Char made her way towards it, squirming through the crowd with plenty of cheerful "Excuse me!"s.

Then she found her view blocked by a sea of blackness, and Char staggered back, barely hiding the scowl that threatened to surface under a pleasant smile. "I'm sorry, but you're in my way," she told the Rahkshi.

OOC: Char meeting Holistic

IC: Sliver - Infirmary. 

"I'm looking for someone," I explained quickly, keeping my poisoned hands folded behind my back. "An illusion rahk. He's kind of whiny, seems to enjoy breaking off into long, rambling nonsensical speeches." 

IC: Matoran - Storage Room.

They were outside.... he was trapped.... 

Feeling around desperately in the dark, he searched vainly for something - anything - he could use as a weapon.

IC: Illusive - Causeway.

So this was what the headmaster had been working on? A memorial for the dead.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"One day I'm going to find a name to call you that will bother you as much as it bothers me to be called nothing but a lowly thief.." Sidonas nearly let out a small laugh as he smiled. Then for a moment Sidonas thought about something. He was looking for a word, a name. What term described one who was fighting for justice yet had previously done ill work and had been trying to atone for such an act? Only one word came to mind:

Penance

"Penance." Sidonas said. "If aliases are to be adopted, the name's Penance."

Sidonas turned to Fang, er, Vent, and Kat, sporting the grin of a planner, a strategist.

"What's our move?"

Sidonas looked out at the exit to the Cauldron and spoke in a low, concealed tone. "Guess I'll go first. Got to grab a few things, and there is someone I need to see. Mind if I take some of that paint?"

Fang stepped up and put a hand on her shoulder. Though it was a bit more of a reach, the warmth and the gesture was familiar. "We'll just need to grab Snake and go, and anyone else you had in mind."

He thought for a moment, then declared, "I'm going first. If something's wrong, I don't want you running into it blind."

IC Fog:

Fog had been resting in the library, trying not to get blood from his cape on any of the chairs. When the Porters came up, he went to the Causeway, wondering what was going on as his mind whipped through a dozen scenarios.

IC Vector:

Vector had been in his dorm, writing out parabolic equations. When he recieaved the knock, he looked out, and received the Porters' message. He walked toward the Causeway, staring straight ahead.

IC Clockwork:

Tugging his bolt out of the dummy, CLockwork nearly fell over, before replacing a bolt in his launcher and walking towards the Causeway.

IC Shatter:

Upon receiving the message, Shatter walked out of his dorm, absentmindedly dragging his fingers against the wall and blasting small fissures out of it as he walked.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Burst

"I've been out for HOW long?!"

Burst couldn't believe what he was hearing. After waking up from what he thought was a rather unpleasant nap, he had been informed that this "nap" was infact a Coma, and had apparently been several months long. They had even moved him from the infirmary to his dorm, to make room for other patients. He was told that he had picked a fight with another rahkshi, one who wasn't content with merely putting a few new dents into his faceplate. The other ranhkshi had beaten him into unconsciousness, and would have likely killed him, had he not gotten bored. Left alone to recover, Burst plotted his revenge, when he was disturbed by one of those insectoid drones, or a "Porter", as everyone else called them. As it led the still dazed rahkshi toward the Causway, Burst wondered how he could ever catch up to his peers, now...

OOC: Ever since I had my first semester finals, I haven't had time to rp as Burst. I used the Coma to compensate for this, as it fits his character pretty well.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Vitesse

Vitesse flew out, and landed in the courtyard. She scanned the area, seeing old and new faceplates. The monument stood up above, the names of the dead written upon them. Since when did a Makuta care about the dead? It was probably a hoax to show that he cared. She sighed, and continued watching.

OOC: open for interaction.

IC: Mortsia

Mortsia followed closely behind Vlad, following him to wherever the cave was. Why now? Whatever. Keep on going.

IC: Draco

Draco landed on solid ground. Standing up, he looked around for the traitors, which he could do easily due to his size. Hmmm... Wait. Those were two of them, standing close together. Ah, perfect. Two birds with one stone. He decided to start making a plan.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC: Xara - Beach.

I trailed after Mortsia and Vlad, keeping watch to make sure no one was following us. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Fang - Cauldron to Causeway

Fang blinked for a moment before responding. He and Sidonas had volunteered in nearly the same moment, but it seemed his request would be acknowledged. He nodded to Sidonas and grinned at Kat before running to the exit, thin wisps of steam trailing behind. He jumped into flight and flew over the Causeway before Kat could object.

He didn't have to get close to see something was wrong. A large crowd of students wandered about around where Omega's memorial lay. It seemed like the whole school was out there. Either there was an assignment, or something far more sinister. Fang landed near the edge of the group and did his best to look like a lost new student.

It took a bit of wandering before he saw a familiar face. Jayar, his arms wrapped around a bundle of red and silver. Hoto. Fang wandered closer, almost nonchalantly, and whispered, "What's going on?" It was far too easy to sound confused and uncertain.

IC Kat:

"Alright, I'm up next. Wait ten, then one of you follow."

I took off, climbing and jumping across the causeway rather than my usual flight.

There was quite the crowd gathered.

I hopped down, and slipped into the crowd, hoping to over hear what was going on.

IC Grim:

It was not long before they, too, reached the growing crowd. Grim kept an eye out for suspicious behaviour as they moved carefully through the crowd.

Many who saw the Rahkshi head mounted on their shoulder gave them a wide berth.

OOC: both open for interaction.

IC: Draco

Ah. It seemed Grim had arrived, judging by the skull. Draco turned his attention back to the two rebels. Hmmm... These two had not seen him, so... Rather than going in swinging, let us try a... Friendlier approach. He started walking that way. Compliments... Ugh, this would not be easy.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC: Illusive - Causeway. 

I stuck to the edge of the crowd.... watching, waiting.... 

IC: Bullseye and Toxin/Causeway

Bullseye had put away his keyboard and put Toxin back on his shoulder. They went to sit on a rock and stood amongst the students waiting to see what Tridax would say.

"Hey, Bullseye. Nice touch."

"...Thanks."

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

(Causeway | With Char and Thespian)

I turn to look at the Rahksi who talked to me. Puny, bulky, bright yellow and dark red. Looks more like an ugly Matoran than a Rahkshi, but I suspect there are others who look even stranger. Unless I want to create a flock of foes who hope I'll die as soon as possible, I must avoid insulting them. Although this Rahkshi's logic annoys me..

"Can't you just move around? I doubt that I am a formidable obstacle, so it shouldn't be too difficult to just.."

A purple and grey Rahkshi approaches and greets me in the snobbiest way imaginable with a strange accent. But this one is friendly as well, and at least he didn't say anything stupid. I nod in response and say "Yes, I am. Why did ypu ask?" I ignore the short Rahkshi for now and hope she'll just follow my advice.

Edited by Daniel the Dwarf

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Thespian

"Oh, uh, just looking for somebody to talk to..."

*ahem*

"I find myself in a strange, new locale,

Surrounded by unfamiliar folks,

And unaware to the situation..."

"... Basically I'm kinda lost here and not sure what to do. Wondering if anybody was in the same boat."

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC Poly:

"Dealing with interruptions."

We in bound the launchers from Dallior's body, taking them over to Whakatio.

"It will please you to know that I have offered a disabled student a second chance. Vaalku even now is adjusting to his new body."

We looked back.

"It is a slow process. One which cannot be disturbed. The porters were.... Insistent. I had to stop them. Their mechanical bodies will prove useful, however."

IC: Tube - Dorms

Tube frowned at Legion's explanation. "So... no slumber party," they sighed.

Another Porter caught on Tube's leg, and was attempting to push them down the hall. Tube kicked at it for a moment, but a sudden roll sent them to the ground again. "Whak, maybe we should go. The Porters aren't being very nice."

Much of that dull gold was gone before Rain heard another set of Porters rolling nearby. By the sounds of it, they were having difficulty getting over the rough barricade offered by their brothers. Rain just shrugged and kept working. She wouldn't have to deal with them for a while.

IC: Char - Causeway

Her pleasant smile slipped a little. This dark Rahkshi had no right telling her what to do. If she said move, they had better move.

But before she could formulate that thought into a polite statement, another Rahkshi cut in. Just listening to his poetic ramblings made her brain go numb. But she did see an opportunity to gain some control over the situation, and she was not going to let it slip away.

"Oh, you just got here?" she piped up. "I'm pretty new too, but I'm starting to get an idea of what's going on. I guess all this is some kind of... funeral or something. Some Rahks died, and Tridax wanted to remember them, all that stuff." She waved her hand dismissively, as if all of it was of little consequence.

(Causeway | With Thespian and Char)

Was that.. Poetry of some sort? Not only that, but he abandoned the posh language and now talked casually. What was he trying to do? Pretending fit the stereotype of an arrogant and foolish snob? Does he consider that stereotype admirable in some way? Disgusting!

But what am I doing? Letting despise and hatred freely flow through me? I should be ashamed. Usually I manage to control my emotions, but this unfamiliar situation of being surrpunded by strangers with their own opinions and values.. It stresses me out, making me lose the capability of self-control as a result..

Oh, looks like the stout Rahkshi with the colours of gold and blood ignored my advice and instead joined the conversation. Her uncaring dismissal of the deaths of fellow Rahkshi is unsettling, so maybe I should stay away from her.. But first I need her to answer my questions.

"Do you know if deaths are commonplace here? Not that I can see any other memorials nearby, but I want to assure my assumptions. And where can I find Tridax? If I remember right, he's the headmaster, isn't he?"

Edited by Daniel the Dwarf

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"Time to pack up and get ready to get out of here.." Sidonas muttered. He picked up two buckets of paint, small ones that could probably only be enough for one Rahk, and hung them on his shoulders. Sidonas made his way out of the Cauldron, flying to the beach as quietly as he could. Sidonas made it to the wall he had grappled from a few times in the past, switched Hook to it's grappling hook mode, and fired it, seeing the chain shake as the hooks got their grip. Sidonas grappled up to the ledge and locked Hook, sheathing it. After finding his Dorm, he opened the window and set the buckets down on his desk, climbing in and closing the window. So, pack up, find Recoil, and get back to the rest of the group. Just need to be quiet.

Sidonas did exactly that. He grabbed all that was nessecary. Schematics, the last of his supplies, some of the fruit he had smuggled in some time ago, and the unfinished sword gauntlet. He placed the bladeless gauntlet on his left arm to match the crossbow gauntlet on his right. After stuffing his gear in his bag, Sidonas picked up his cloak, feeling it in his hands.

Funny, I rarely used this old thing except for the rare times I went out. Last time I used it Fang put a blade close to my throat and I was accused of theft. It's funny how things that seem so insignificant can become a precious object given time and circumstances. I will not leave it, it reminds me too much of how I've changed, both for good and bad. It feels...special, though rarely used, it feels important, like Hook. Now it is time, time to go.

Sidonas put on the cloak, throwing the hood over and wrapping a matching piece of cloth over the rest of his head to where only his eyes were visible. Sidonas then took his bag of stuff and climbed back onto the ledge.

Recoil, I'm getting you out of here.