Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Hoto - Gym

Hoto set herself in a battle-ready stance once more, swaying back and forth to keep her clicks going. Once more, she took a deep breath.

All around was empty space for nearly as far as her echoes extended. Ahead was a Rahkshi. She had trained herself to recognize that profile, that specific pattern of echoes returning at those precise moments. She could nearly feel the curving back with its spines, the long, thin limbs, the short body. The staff, poised to strike. She could hear the soft hum of the Sonics power; she could recognize the proportions of Era, her friend.

She shook herself and tried to drive the thought out of her mind. For now, she would trick her senses. That was not a Rahkshi she recognized in front of her. It was merely some vines she needed to brush aside to pass. It was just a bundle of cloth. Just an oddly shaped rock. It was nothing. She could swing at nothing, couldn't she?

Her arms raised and stiffened, muscles already feeling the motions she would need to make. Just a quick swing, and that was it. A swing at nothing. Nothing at all.

The signal was sent, and her arms responded, angling the staff downward for a swing. Just a quick swing. A swing at nothing.

No, it wasn't nothing! The signals flowed back into her mind, the connections met once more, and she recognized Era standing in front of her. She couldn't do it! She resisted the motion. She tried to pull back her arms and stop the swing, but it was too late. She braced herself for the emotional backlash.

By the time the swing reached Era, it was barely a tap. As soon as she felt the vibrations of contact running up the staff, Hoto dropped it and stepped back with her hands pressed to her faceplate. "I'm sorry..." she mumbled through her hands, over and over. "I'm sorry... sorry... sorry... I... I can't do this! I can't!"

• Upvote 1

OOC: I have no clue what happened, sounds like people returned. Please correct me if I was in mid-conversation.

IC Vaalku

Vaalku was glad to be returned to corpus. He wanted to go and read. But first he'd warm up a little in the gym. He shuffled down there to find the one arrogant Rahk apparently tutoring another one...

And by the way they moved, they couldn't see.

He took a standing position nearby, curious as to how this would turn out, completely forgetting they would notice his clanking.

IC: Era - Gym.

"You have to," I said, my voice stony. This was it, no more nice Era. I swung my staff at Hoto's legs, trying to trip her. 

If she wasn't willing to defend herself, I'd have to give her no choice but to do so. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Fang is also back in the Refectory if you wanted to talk to him, Ghidora.

She wasn't expecting the sudden strike, and her Dodge reflexes didn't even kick in as she was swept off her feet and onto the floor. She was completely in shock at the turn, and something more instinctive took over. It went deeper than her peaceful intentions and deeper than her friendship. It was primal fear, reaching into her inner Rahkshi. She grasped at the dropped staff, but it was out of her reach. She prepared her clawed hands to rip and tear, her large feet to kick. Anything to get away from the danger and the betrayal.

"Come on, Hoto! Please!" I pleaded, stepping away to give her room get back up again. "Show me that you can do this!" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Fang is in the Refectory, Era and Hoto are in the Gym. Where's Vaalku?

Hoto was breathing hard and shaking so much that her armor rattled as she pushed herself to her feet once more. She blindly grasped for the staff, unable to see its small profile against the floor. When her hand bumped up against it, she snatched it up and held it close, hopefully prepared to block. She wasn't ready to play offensive yet.

"Good... good..." I circled to her left, then leaned back and swung at the right side of her body. 

She pushed out her staff to try and meet Era's, but her aim was further off than before in her panicked state, and the swing connected. Hoto quickly transitioned her failed block into a swing in the opposite direction. She was no longer holding anything back.

I felt my weapon connect, and felt a momentary pang of disappointment that she hadn't managed to block it. That feeling quickly dissipated when her own swing connected with the side of my head, spinning my sideways. "Well done..." I groaned, taking a moment to recover before focusing on her again. "Let's see how you deal with this..." 

I jumped at her, swinging my staff two-handed down towards her head.

I stumbled backwards, grinning like a bloody maniac. I'd gotten through to her! Finally!

"Come on, Hoto, show me what you can do..." 

Underneath the basic survival instinct, Hoto began pushing herself back. She couldn't bring herself to do more than attempt to block. Her head slowly shook back and forth as her feet began to take small steps to the door. Her staff was still at the ready if Era chose to attack.

She was moving back, her head shaking from side to side. She'd had enough; I'd pushed her too far as it was, and I couldn't bring myself to push further. I dropped my staff to the floor. "Hoto... I... I'm sorry..." 

IC: Hoto - Gym to Dorms

As she heard the staff drop and realized the threat was gone, the haze of battle seemed to clear away, leaving Hoto shocked at her own actions. She grasped at the staff tightly, pressing it to her chest before throwing it aside in horror. Her slow backwards walk turned into a full run as she turned on a heel and left the Gym. She wouldn't stop for anything, not the group of students questioning someone in the halls, not her new staff, still sitting by the rest of the weapons, and not for Era. She could only run, faster than she ever had, her claws raking... hands feeling the doors she passed, searching for the one Kat had marked for her.

Karz... What have I done...

I retrieved Hoto's new staff that she'd left behind, called Zivon back to me, and hurried after the dodge Rahkshi. All I could think as I ran, over and over and over, was that I'd gone too far this time, and probably turned the best friend I had here into my worst enemy.

I'm sorry...

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: Hoto - Dorms

Her memory and her fingers reached an agreement as she came to her door, and she quickly opened it and collapsed on the floor inside. Her speed sent her skidding on her knees to a stop against the bed. She didn't care about her own pain. Her mind was already tormenting her for the pain she caused.

IC: Era - Refectory

I'd lost Hoto, in more ways than one. She'd run too far, too fast. She was gone.

Karzdamnit... what have I done?

In the end, I headed to the refectory and slumped down in a chair, propping the staff next to me. I had no idea where or who Hoto might have fled to, if she'd even had a destination in mind when she'd started running. Karz, I don't even know where her dorm is...

But she had to eat sooner or later, surely...

OOC: Era open for interaction. 

IC: Era - Refectory.

"No... not exactly..." I sighed, hearing the voice that seemed to be directed at me. 

IC: Jayar / Refectory

"I found it in my room, in place of something valuable of mine." Jayar said to Fang. "Another Rahk reported that something of his was taken as well, and we concluded that the owner of this weapon might be, or lead us to, the thief."

IC: Vlad / Hallways

"From vhat he said, it seems he put zer thinks he stole into zer rooms of zer other people he stole from." He arrived at the door. It was of course locked, but that hadn't stopped War last time.

Edited by Johnrahk

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Rail - Dorms

The noise outside grew as Rail suspected that the other students were now returning from the assignment; he would get no sleep here.

Picking himself up off of the bed, he exited the room and locked it once more as he proceeded to once again wander around the school aimlessly, ignoring the commotion around him. Deciding to head towards the Causeway, he turned a corner, only to bump into another Rahkshi. He barely avoided the nasty-looking slime oozing from his mouth as he managed to side-step around him, turning back towards him and glaring at him as he spoke.

"Watch where you're going," he growled before continuing on his way.

OOC: That's Booger, by the way.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Rain - Hallways

Her employer walked right past her hiding place around the corner. Perhaps it was for the best. She didn't want more Rahkshi than necessary seeing her armor in such a state.

Rain pushed off the wall and followed him nearly to the Refectory. "Oi," she croaked, only to realize she couldn't quite remember his name. It was something odd that didn't make a lot of sense, and it gave her a mental image of a floppy silvery thing with lots of legs. "Squishy," she decided. "You want to go or what? I've got to pick up some paints too."

IC: Fang - Refectory

Fang's eyes narrowed, and he quickly reached up for his neck, remembering his necklace was in Kat's room. It would be easy to steal.

He pushed away the nearly empty bowl of disgusting food and stood over Jayar. "Let's find him then!" he growled. "This is inexcusable!"

IC: Squid

Squid turned around to see Rain on his way to the mess hall.

"Oh there you are, Rain. Did I ever tell you my name? It's Squid, in case you didn't know. And I'd love to go. It looks like you need some paint, too. By the way... I like that nickname, Squishy."

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC: Rain - Hallways

She waved a hand and started for the Causeway, trying to hide her embarrassed grin. "No use waiting around here for some crazy Rahk or an assignment then? Come on, it's just across the Causeway."

IC: Punch/Counterpunch/1st Person, Punch's view/Causeway

I left them to help Deadeye to his dorm for rest.

IC: Bullseye/1st Person/Causewa

I tipped my hat to him. Putting my keyboard down, I put out my hand

I'm Bullseye. By the way, have you seen Melody? A peaceful individual. I been wanting to ask if she took my advice and joined the talent show. I also have to ask Metal whether the talent show is still on. With all the things going on now, I find it worrying that it may not have enough people due to...events...

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Cuutuk - Causeway

"M-Melody?" He looks a little to the side, trying to hide his blush. (Which he couldn't see anyway, because he's inside his Rahkshi. And I don't think those can blush)

"Er... I think she's looking for... Flame? Scorch? Something to do with fire... "

He rubs his spines.

"I can't remember..."

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

IC: Bullseye/1st Person/Causeway

"Ah! You mean Torch."

I looked over Cuutuk's shoulder when I heard Melody shout out. I took my leave, picked up my keyboard, and approached her.

"Hey, Melody!"

IC: Stronghold/1st Person/Gym - Fighting Xara

I sidestepped the spear, which made me lose the momentum to ram her off. So I settled with a good 'ol punch headed for her chest and I activated the Flame Burst at the last second.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Rain - Cauldron

Rain grinned at Squid's apparent confusion before gesturing to a waterfall. She didn't bother explaining, but only stepped toward and into it. She hesitated under the water for a moment, closing her eyes and just enjoying its cool and comforting embrace. She had always loved the water. It was why she chosen her name.

Then the moment was over, and she stepped through with a smug grin, awaiting Squid's response. She had been in awe of the sheer size and the many things contained inside on her first trip, and she couldn't wait for the look on his face.

Edited by Click