Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

The second crystal revealed a Panrahk, burly and heavy built. The image seemed to have been taken as he was falling through the air, his legs bent and braced for landing, his arms spread for balance. A long chain was held between those stretched out hands, the links spiralling out beyond his grip, a three-pronged weight on either end marking it out as a meteor hammer. Closer inspection revealed his brown colouring was covered in light grey scars and scratched. The veteran of many battles, this on.

A Panrahk with a meteor hammer, your original inspiration for the game.

Should've known you'd find a way to insert that concept into the story somehow. 

It actually turns out that real meteor hammers have only one weight. :P

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Halp

Name: Percy

Type: Dodge

Level: 2

Appearance: Scrap py, and a little short, Percy is a fairly well rounded Rahk, slim limbs and a lean torso. He's kept his standard colors of red and silver, with small black swirls decorating his carapace.

Gear: A simple longsword, able to be wielded in one hand or two.

Personality: The typical impressionable youth, Percy is painfully optimistic and overconfident in his abilities. this makes him susceptible to manipulation, but oddly charming in a little brother sort of way.

Bio: Months after Kat's Makuta produced their first Intelligent spawn, they were permitted to create one more. Percy was the result. The Makuta told him countless stories of Kat's exploits, as it seemed she had a knack for causing good natured trouble for Tridax, and as such, Tridax had sent several reports to her Makuta. This of course, caused Percy to idolize his older sister, and he was ever so excited at the chance to go to Corpus and meet his Idol.

Approved

Name: Spindle

Variation: Accuracy

Gear: Spindle has modified his suit to have a "hidden blade" inside each hand, which spring into position at the right moment. Spindle also carries a satchel and strings of hundreds of colors.

Appearance: Hideously thin, Spindle is a sickening white with bloodred eyes, and small red sections on his body.

Personality: Spindle is broken, but this gives him an advantage: he isn't frightened easily by morbid sights. He attempts to bring happiness to others with little success, all in an attempt to put use to his skill. He has no loyalties to any Makuta, although he often puts on a show he does for intimidation.

Bio: Sick of Spindel's thoughts of individuality, His Makuta shipped him off to Corpus the hard way, to ensure he would learn to stop being ignorant. Spindel is incredibly talented in knitting, and can knit anything with impressive speed using only his fingers. This has led to the problem of Spindel's fingers getting tangled occasionally in his work.

Approved

The second crystal revealed a Panrahk, burly and heavy built. The image seemed to have been taken as he was falling through the air, his legs bent and braced for landing, his arms spread for balance. A long chain was held between those stretched out hands, the links spiralling out beyond his grip, a three-pronged weight on either end marking it out as a meteor hammer. Closer inspection revealed his brown colouring was covered in light grey scars and scratched. The veteran of many battles, this on.

A Panrahk with a meteor hammer, your original inspiration for the game.

Should've known you'd find a way to insert that concept into the story somehow. 

Heh, I wondered if anyone would remember that

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Heh, I wondered if anyone would remember that

How could we forget? It's such an awesome idea I'm surprised you waited this long to finally use it. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

You realise that by saying all of this, you've pretty much guaranteed that Flabber will do it. 

• Upvote 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

You realise that by saying all of this, you've pretty much guaranteed that Flabber will do it.

...what have we done?

On the bright side, if Flabby eats all the food, he will be punished when the army of disappointed hungry Rahkshi will probably become a lynch mob and tear him to shreds.

Yes, you have indeed doomed yourself to a visit from the Crimson Crusader. :P Ye be warned.

Although if they should ever meet Frog I'm sure he will be indebted to them, as I gave him an extremely sensitive taste... And he hasn't eaten refectory slop yet.

Hopefully I've done this right:

Name: Arandahk

Variation: Stasis Field

Gear: Two enlarged curved ice picks; she hooks them over her shoulders when not in use. Arandahk also has a simple grappling hook, even though she can fly.

Appearance: Arandahk possesses the default colors of a Stasis Field Rahkshi: Blue and black. This is best shown on her back plate, with a vague camo-like pattern. She also wears a grey scarf(that rises quite high around her neck) and a few pouches to keep things in.

Personality: Arandahk has a relative interest in military tactics, but is more focused on placing yourself in a battle rather than actual combat. Arandahk is otherwise somewhat laid-back and doesn't take a whole lot too seriously. She enjoys climbing with her picks.

Bio: Arandahk hasn't done a whole lot with herself and so far hasn't tried very hard to meet other people. She did, however, climb a building with her picks to get a better look at her surroundings before arriving at the Academy.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Hopefully I've done this right:

Name: Arandahk

Variation: Stasis Field

Gear: Two enlarged curved ice picks; she hooks them over her shoulders when not in use. Arandahk also has a simple grappling hook, even though she can fly.

Appearance: Arandahk possesses the default colors of a Stasis Field Rahkshi: Blue and black. This is best shown on her back plate, with a vague camo-like pattern. She also wears a grey scarf(that rises quite high around her neck) and a few pouches to keep things in.

Personality: Arandahk has a relative interest in military tactics, but is more focused on placing yourself in a battle rather than actual combat. Arandahk is otherwise somewhat laid-back and doesn't take a whole lot too seriously. She enjoys climbing with her picks.

Bio: Arandahk hasn't done a whole lot with herself and so far hasn't tried very hard to meet other people. She did, however, climb a building with her picks to get a better look at her surroundings before arriving at the Academy.

Yes you are, and she is approved

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Fresh blood. Excellent...

Okay, I am sick and tired of all of you killing Matoran like Stormtroopers. This isn't a village of incompetent buffoons with guns, these are armed and trained Matoran who just lost everything they had to Rahkshi. Do you honestly expect them to idly stand there while you singlehandedly kill dozens at once? No! And yet far too many players treat them as if they are unskilled and pathetic. Just because they're NPCs, you do not get the opportunity to win easily. 

Let's review the initial situation:

IC: Illusive - Matoran Settlement.

I turned away from them and looked out over the ridge, down into the settlement. Roughly two dozen Matoran in total, by the looks of it. Their tents were scattered in a rough semicircle around the entrance to their mine, with a big central campfire set in the middle. Most of the Matoran were in their tents or gathered around the fires, with a handful of guards scattered around the outside, and a pair of snipers up in a small wooden guard tower. 

With heavy cloud overhead and no moon in sight, most of the Matoran held torches or lightstones, making sneaking up on them a tad more difficult, especially given the abundance of weaponry the group had - Zamors, Rhotukas, Midaks, Kanoka, and more.

Well-armed, on alert, and ready for attack. Nato took out the guard tower and explained how he escaped their notice and caused a distraction, but no one else has bothered with even that. Not to mention how they got past the perimeter guards...

IC--Nyarl--Village
...his waving tentacles helping him blend into the dancing shadows. As a frantic Matoran raced toward the fire, those tentacles lashed out, wrapping around his head and throat, cutting off his air. Nyarl waited a few seconds after his victim had stopped struggling, then relaxed his hold. Removing the Kanohi to prevent any possibility of escape, the mutated Rahkshi left his future slave lying in the shadows as he stalked toward his next target.

Nyarl was seen by wary Matoran, and promptly shot and killed. Motion is a sure way to attract notice, even in flickering firelight. Also, you expect the other Matoran to completely miss one of their fellows being strangled to death by tentacles? And aren't these tentacles only two feet long or so? And as I recall, they aren't prehensile. You're abusing these "biological abnormalities" far more than you were allowed when Nyarl's profile was submitted.

Bikraata watched a matoran armed with a light stone rifle and level 4 freeze kanoka strapped to her back rush out before lunging forward and punching her in the back of the head. *Bingo.* He was weighed down by the unconscious body so she had to return to her hiding spot. The slimy Kraata ejected from the faceplate and latched onto the matoran's kanohi Kaukau.

Bikraata was also shot and killed, as he expected to attack a Matoran in plain view and escape notice. Then, he proceeded to pick up the Matoran and throw her into a hiding place, something which gave the Matoran guards plenty of time to kill him.

IC: Leviathan
I land in the shadows, before shrinking to a minuscule size, and slowly creeping up on an encampment of Matoran. With my size, and their focus on others, I might actually have a chance. I sneak up on a Matoran, focused on the odd tentacled one, and shapeshift back to normal, before snapping his neck. He didn't have a chance to turn around or cry out, and instantly I'm back to my minuscule status. Perfect. Another Matoran turns to look at his dead companion, the shock apparent on his face. They then look around warily. Now then, time for some real fun. I run back behind them, before growing back up, placing my hands on his mask. The results were satisfying, and now I have a Matoran to do my bidding... Except I didn't exactly know how to control him. Blast it, that would take time I didn't want to waste.

I think you're really pushing the limits of level two Shapeshifting. Yes, it says they can slither through the smallest crack, but that's for a Kraata. And shapeshifting says nothing about variable mass. There's no way something as big as Leviathan can shapeshift small enough to completely escape notice. He was shot and killed by the Matoran's companion. Also, infecting a Matoran involves contact between their mask and the Rahkshi's Kraata. You can't just put your hands on their face and infect them before he's noticed.

IC (As Bikraata): *We did it!* The female Kraata formed a smile as its head began to feel some strain. The matoran was completely immobile unless directed to move, but Bikraata was struggling to manipulate it. "I'm telling it to move forward, but it's not working!" The male Kraata withdrew into the shell of its suit and snarled. "Patience, brother. The fire serves as a distraction while we get time to manipulate it properly." Said the RC Kraata as she focused on the matoran. "Perhaps if we work together, it will move."

...you expect to be able to play with your Matoran while an attack is going on? No, you're dead again. I don't care about how they're all distracted by a big explosion. That just means they're searching and killing Rahkshi now.

IC--Nyarl--Village
Nyarl activated his sleep power as he lunged. He caught two Matoran at the edge of the crowd, ensnaring them and wrenching their masks off before they could react. Several of the nearby villagers turned and fired, but their panicky shots went hopelessly wide as Nyarl slipped back into the shadows, his unconscious victims in tow.

...No. No! You literally just turned highly trained Matoran into Stormtroopers, the most blatant offense yet! They have literally lost everything to Rahkshi. They've been fighting Rahkshi for months! You think they're going to panic at the sight of one and miss shots of just a few feet? No, Nyarl is dead again

Honestly, none of you know what it takes to battle a well armed and well guarded village! Either play reasonably and take your hits, or die, I really don't care which. But there's only so long that I'll tolerate blatant godmodding with the excuse of "they're just NPCs."

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 6

I want to point this out, addressed to Call and Vlad:

"I will help you too," she said loudly so everybody near could hear her. What have I done? Tesla asked herself.

Also, I have rewriten Tesla's profile to actually fit the way I play her and also wrote something into bio. Can I edit Tesla's registration post?
Original:

Name: Tesla
Variation: Magnetism
Gender: Recognizes herself as neutral, recognized by others as female. She doesn't mind that.
Gear:
- Two katana-like swords. Just not as sharp. Wears them on her back when she isn't using them.
Appearance: Typical magnetism Rahkshi colors. Black head with yellow-orange eyes, black spine and golden feet. Golden hands have black circles of various sizes on their back. She is a little shorter than usual Rahkshi. Thinks that wearing transparent glasses makes her look better and smarter (that means she wear them).
Personality: Intelligent, teachable, likes to increase her skills, helpful, nice, sensitive, but hates romance and love
Bio: She spends much time in library, learning about physics (especially about electromagnetism) to help her understanding her own powers. She likes to help others with things she know and understand and overally is nice person. She always uses metal weapons and tries to help herself with magnetism, making her swords lighter to lift and heavier on impact. Difference is really a small, but she tries to increase these powers.

New version:
Name: Tesla
Variation: Magnetism
Gear:
Two katana-like swords. Just not as sharp. Wears them on her back when she isn't using them.
Appearance: Typical magnetism Rahkshi colors. Black head with yellow-orange eyes, black spine and golden feet. Golden hands have black spirals of various sizes on their back. She is a little shorter than usual Rahkshi. She wears round transparent glasses just for aesthetic reasons.
Personality: Intelligent, teachable, likes learning, helpful, nice, communicative, awkward when tired, not feeling love
Bio: Tesla doesn’t remember much of what was happening before she entered school. She didn’t have a name. She remembered only that she is a Rahkshi sent to a huge school complex. She soon discovered that she have some powers slightly affecting metals. She soon learned that these powers are called magnetism and spent much time learning about it in library. There she discovered a book about powerful Rahkshi of Magnetism, Tesla, who lived thousands of years ago. This Rahkshi was able to use traces of electricity powers. She decided to use his name and studied connection between magnetism and electricity. She soon found, that this connection is unreachable. Tesla now tries to spend less time in library and more time in gym, learning to use her katana.

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic

Well said, Click.

I was planning on posting a similar complaint, but Click just elaborated the problems with what you guys are doing much better than I could possibly have. So I'll just briefly assert instead that I heartily agree with the overall sentiment his above post: you guys are severely underestimating these Matoran, and it should really stop.

EDIT: Don't worry Nik, I didn't miss it. I'll try have a response up soon :)

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

...Wow. What I missed overnight.

And Nato arranged this?

This is about four times easier than the Nyhrah fight, and those Matoran wer in a state of shock from the chaos occurring. This is a group of very noticeable Rahkshi showing up and expecting to pick them off like rabbits. I've been ridiculed several times here for ridiculous actions and powers, but come on.

Hopefully Ultron can bring the hammer down before this gets any worse.

But there's only so long that I'll tolerate blatant godmodding with the excuse of "they're just NPCs."

Here's an idea: Don't tolerate it at all.

"...... Aw, com-"

Blam.

And just like that, he was out like a light.

Good grief, thank you Chumpu.

Edited by Ghidora131

Now, i know these new-age rahks can resist light a little better but, the Illusive post that heads the attack actually says the matoran have "Midak Skyblasters" which is like, one of the best anti-rahkshi tools there is?

so i'm gonna agree these guys should probably not be falling so easily, given how armed to the teeth they seem to be. (plus aren't all the matoran here nynrah ghosts or something? i think?)

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Okay, I'm seriously disappointed by all of this, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Wyrd decides we're not allowed to do stuff like this in future because of the nonsense that's going on now. 

I put a fair bit of effort into planning this out, and explicitly describing how many Matoran there were, and what kind of weaponry they were packing. And that's basically all being disregarded. Wyrd has said in the past that we're only allowed to do stuff like this if we do it responsibly, and that's most definitely not what's going on here. 

Please guys, try to be realistic about it. 

If the Kraata could slither through the smallest cracks, then Leviathan shouldn't be much bigger than your average beetle, small enough to escape instant detection due to their focus being firing on the other more obvious Rahkshi. After the first one is killed, though, I would expect that the other one would not instantly look at the ground to find the Rahkshi that did this. He would look around. As for the same mass, again, I would try and look for a slight shimmer in the air, expecting to find a Rahkshi trying to disguise himself, but not being able to muffle the footsteps he is making. As for the mask... Yeah, I'll go edit that.

I've probably missed something (as usual), so feel free to call me out.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

If the Kraata could slither through the smallest cracks, then Leviathan shouldn't be much bigger than your average beetle, small enough to escape instant detection due to their focus being firing on the other more obvious Rahkshi. After the first one is killed, though, I would expect that the other one would not instantly look at the ground to find the Rahkshi that did this. He would look around. As for the same mass, again, I would try and look for a slight shimmer in the air, expecting to find a Rahkshi trying to disguise himself, but not being able to muffle the footsteps he is making. As for the mask... Yeah, I'll go edit that.

I've probably missed something (as usual), so feel free to call me out.

The way I see it, Shapeshifting is not a power of shrinking. Leviathan has a set amount of matter in his body, and he's able to manipulate the shape of that matter, with greater control as he levels up. A Kraata is able to slip through cracks by basically stretching that matter to become paper thin, and then forcing itself through those cracks. A Rahkshi, on the other hand, would be unable to do this, especially at only level two. I don't mind him changing his form, but that extra mass has to go somewhere, and he is not going to be able to shrink to beetle size.

So....I just decided to draw some of my CR characters on paper...

And I just have Alpha so far.

(I'd like to give credit to Click since I basically copied borrowed elements of his style for his Rahkshi.)

Looks nice. I can definitely see the similarities with Omega, but I really like how you did the limbs and halberd.

All right then, this is me calling you out. Shapeshifting tends to be iffy about losing or gaining mass anyways, but Leviathan is only level 2. Such a massive Rahkshi shrinking to the size of an average beetle in the sliver of an instant you've specified is simply not realistic. And if he did manage to shed so much mass, probably over a long period of time, I'd expect to get that small he'd have to forfeit most of if permanently - and that would leave him little more than Matoran sized when he shifted back. So further editing would probably be nice.

EDIT: Darn, ninja'd. Oh well.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

Okay, I'll take Nyarl dodging those shots as a valid criticism. They were supposed to be caught off guard, but admittedly that can only account for so much.

I'll accept the bit about him slipping into the village, too--I figured that with the village being so underpopulated, the sudden raging fire might have drawn a few guards from their posts, but it would depend on how meticulously trained they were, and I never actually specified.

As for the tentacles, it's true that Nyarl would never be able to strangle a Matoran with his spinal tentacles, but...you're aware that his fingers are tentacles too, right? I specified that those were prehensile in his bio, and they'd pretty much need to be as strong and prehensile as ordinary Rahkshi fingers, or he wouldn't be able to do much of anything. He used them quite a bit in his spar with DeRephic, so there's precedent for actions like this.

I never intended for things to go this well for the whole raid, anyway. Admittedly, you can't really glean that from the posts I have so far, but we're literally in the first few moments of the attack IC. Once the Matoran get a handle on the situation, things are going to get very nasty very fast.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

I just can't imagine these Matoran being caught off guard anymore. They've seen what happens when they let their guard down, and it's not pretty. They were probably ready for a fight the moment the crates blew up. Also, I did read through Nyarl's profile, and I know that his finger tentacles are prehensile, but I also know that they are nowhere near long enough to do something like this, at least at a distance far enough for Nyarl to escape notice:

As a frantic Matoran raced toward the fire, those tentacles lashed out, wrapping around his head and throat, cutting off his air. Nyarl waited a few seconds after his victim had stopped struggling, then relaxed his hold. 

I'm afraid that I didn't read the spar with De-rephic, so if there were things I needed to call out there, I missed them.

Okay, I get what you mean, I'll just go edit the posts to say Bikraata got killed or crippled.

I'm not a GM, and I have no power to tell you to kill or cripple your characters. I don't even want you to kill or cripple them. All I want is to see a little more fairness in handling the Matoran NPCs. If that means that Bikraata was easily overwhelmed and killed, then so be it. Whatever you think is fair in the light of these posts.

That seems like it might be infringing on Density Control, for one. And even if it actually isn't, a gigantic Rahkshi being compressed to the size of a beetle still seems rather implausible even at much higher levels, especially for a mere level 2. (He'd have to be, what, hundreds of times more dense than normal at least? Kind of stretches belief a bit when he's an the verge of condensing himself into a black hole.)