Holy Grail

Ektris

If you don't know what a "holy grail" is, it's basically that one item that absolutely makes/would make (if you don't have it already) your collection. It's that one set you've always been after and want more than anything. For me, my holy grail were the Bahrag, Cahdok & Gahdok. I never got them in 2002 and I most definitely wanted them ever since. Well this past summer I managed to snag them in an eBay auction, and though loose and missing just a few pieces everything was in excellent condition - even the instructions. (The pieces I replaced easily enough - which is fortunate since the parts list the guy sent with them indicated a whole lot more pieces were missing, which just wasn't true.) And I must say, I am definitely happy I bought them. They're a fun set and really stand out on the shelf in contrast to all of the later, much darker, large sets. So - what's your holy grail? ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

The Mctoaran. Without a doubt. I used to stare at the advertisements for those adorable little disk tossing villagers for days on end. My parents never wanted to take me to McDonalds though, and I used to beg them endlessly. The one time that my mom finally gave in and tool me, they were all out of the toy I so desired. I remember how disappointed I was. For years afterwards I tried to acquire them, searching online via ebay and such. But they were always out of my price range. A long time passed since then. Almost ten years later, last summer my friend surprised me with a birthday gift of all six matoran. He had found them collecting dust in his attic. I am extremely thankful to this friend. The matoran are my holy grail, and still hold a permanent place of display, despite their taller and more poseable kin.

~ Bandoo ~

I don't recall ever wanting a set in particular very badly back when Bionicle was still sold. Today, though, my holy grail would definitely be the Platinum Kanohi Avohkii from 2003. There's only one in existence, making it the rarest Bionicle item ever created. It makes you wonder, who has it now? It's probably sitting in the attic of whoever won the contest, forgotten...

Edited by Tazakk

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Despite having tons of Bionicle sets and merchandise, about half of my collection is missing. Two sets that I have been trying to get for ages but can't though are Axonn and Brutaka.

For me, BIONICLE was an epic science fantasy saga with a deep and complex lore, and was best when it was exactly that in its later years. I'm not sorry if that offended you.

A promo Skrall Blade that I received from BZPower at BrickFair 2009.Thank you very much BZPower, I love this piece! Here is an image of it in my old Brickshelf gallery (there are a couple other images of it in that folder). skrall-proto.png_0002.jpg

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Very good question; I always considered the Bahrag the crowning jewel of my collection, definitely one of my favorite sets overall. Ultimate Dumerator also falls in that Category; I actually got him a year late, but there was a great deal in TRU, which gave him the helmet, and it was just really perfect to get him.

I hope to get Roodaka, Sidorak, and Keetongu, and enough extras to make Vorporak and their combiner models. But my most wanted single set would have to be the Manas. Price wise, i'd be SO HAPPY if i were given Irnakk. I've literally never seen an Irnakk on sale for less than 200$.

The Bahrag also used to be my holy grail, too. I would still like to get my hands on them, actually.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

The original (2001) Tahu. How I managed to collect every single canister set through 2008 while never getting a hold of the original Bionicle Poster boy is beyond me. Calling it a holy grail is probably appropriate since the chances of getting hold of it now are slim to none. Of the sets that I own, probably Muaka and Kane Ra. Brilliant sets, and probably just as iconic as 2001 Tahu (depending on who you ask).

BZPRPG

The whole 2001 collection.Yes, I have absolutely no 2001 sets. Call me a disgusting pile of kraata trail as you please.

Please enjoy a series of on signals and off signals sent from a far off computer to yours, forming short messages that may disturb and amuse!

It would be hard to choose a "holy grail." The Mata and Takanewva come to mind; but I think, all in all, I would say Kardas. Which, technically speaking, I do not own; but I made him from Vezon & Fenrakk, Axonn, and Brutaka, and love him to pieces (HA! awful pun).

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?