IC - Cambion - Boston:Cambion was whistling softly to himself as he entered his mark's apartment. The ginger was still out like a light. "Good god, those pills really knocked him out cold."The mutant continued to whistle as he bustled about the apartment. The TV was muted, but from time to time, he looked up, as anchors and reporters blathered on, discussion interposed with images from Vegas, and what looked like New York.

The mutant's smile was thin, as he pulled on a pair of rubber gloves, testing the temperature of the bathwater. "Comfortably warm." This was the final page of this particular chapter of work. The money he would be paid for infiltrating and retrieving the information would give him much more leeway in picking jobs. "With great power comes great freedom. And what greater power is there than money?" He fiddled about for a second, before examining the short-bladed knife in his hand. The blade gleamed as he glanced at the ginger, who was still slumped in the bathtub, unconscious.It was almost a pity. The ginger had been a decent gaming buddy. Victor Maximoff sighed deeply. His contractor would be calling any moment now. "Time to wrap this last loose end." Victor twirled the knife twice, and began to walk towards the bed. The blade seemed to glow with its own light. Victor Maximoff lifted the ginger's wrist out of the water. There would be no pain, no struggle. Bzzzzzzz Bzzzzzzzzz BzzzzzzzzVictor looked up, impatience written across his face. "**** cell phones. You can never enjoy your own privacy." He fished the cellular device out of his pocket, raising it to his ear, while clasping the knife and his mark's wrist in his other hand. "Cambion speaking, how may I be of service?"

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC: Stranger (New York)

Ares landed softly on a rooftop overlooking the riot. He watched as tear gas lifted up from the street, obscuring almost everything from view. He could see projectiles flashing through the rising smoke and what appeared to be a body slumped on a car with an American flag. Ares stiffened as he searched for anything amiss.

IC: Nicole (Unknown)

“Great,” the President’s daughter said as she ran along with Robin.

IC: Romulus (Hellfire Club)

Romulus has then paused after talking with Malus, “One moment I need to make a call,” he said as he stepped away before he grabbed his iPhone. A couple strokes later and he was calling the person he’d hired to steal the data from SHIELD.

“Hello?” he said over the line once it was picked up. This would be the first time he actually heard the voice of who’d taken the contract.

IC: "You and me, we're going to use my power to get to the basement," Francesca explained to Sarah, "You can borrow them right?"

Wary of what had happened when Chris (she forgot which one) when he'd inadvertently set off her volatile power, she lightly tapped Sarah on the cheek. There was a brief flash as her bizarre brainwaves were transferred over to Sarah for a bit, hopefully with enough juice to give her Francesca's powers.

"Okay?" Francesca asked, "Follow my lead." She stared at the ground, focusing her power through her eyes, turning the floor around her, Sarah and Beast into custard. The others would have to guard this hole as the new wave of robots started up: Their armour tougher, their tactics smarter

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC - Cambion - Boston: "Hello?"The blood drained from Victor's face at the voice. The tone was familiar. Rich and commanding. A voice that made one feel like an omega under the eyes of their Alpha. Animalistic savagery tamed by the intelligence of a predator. Victor swallowed, his throat suddenly very dry, and rose to his feet, striding out of the bathroom and checking the window of his mark's apartment. There was no visible watcher on the street. "There was no way they could have found me." The scarred skin over the left side of his ribcage seemed to throb. "I got rid of their tracer tattoo a long time ago."

"Hello?"

Maximoff realized that in his panic, he had left the other man hanging. "God, please don't let him recognize my voice." He cleared his throat. "Sorry about that. You hired me to acquire a certain amount of information for your organization. The asset has been secured and is in my possession. You already have the details required to transfer the other half of my payment. Do you have a preferred method of receiving the package, sir?" The last word slipped out instinctively.Victor froze. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest, as he waited anxiously for the man to respond. "######." Years of conditioning under the shadow of that omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent presence... they weren't easy to shake.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC: Romulus (Hellfire Club)

Romulus paused as the man began to speak. His voice sounded strangely familiar… as if he’d heard it before.

“Yes, I’d prefer you handed it over to me in person,” Romulus said. “Once I have the database in my hands I will immediately wire the money to your account.” He said; his voice harsh and animalistic.

“You worked fast I must say, I am impressed. Skills like that don’t come without proper training.”

IC Machinex

"Well that was quick," Robert thought as he walked back to his tower. The meeting in Ottawa had only taken a short while and there wasn't anything important to it. Good for him, because that meant that he could get back to work more quickly. Walking into the lobby of the tower, he found it strangely quiet. Curious, he took the elevator up to the testing facility. The elevator stoppe, and the door opened. Robert took one step out...

BANG!!!

NPC Cult of Marduk Warriors

"Like shooting a fish in a barrel," the masked man said, twirling a spade in his hand. He looked down at the limp body of the Canadian inventor lying on the floor. "Let's throw him out the window," a second said. "Nah, wanton killing is fine and all but I've got another plan," the first warrior, who seemed to be the commander, replied. "We hide him int he building, screw with his equipment, and the moment he wakes up, he's surrounded by an angry mob. That alright with you boss?" The warrior said into an earpiece.

IC Asardin

The Babylonian mystic rolled his eyes. Corporal Joe Jackson, or whatever his name as, was like that. "What ever floats your boat," he replied sarcastically.

NPC Warriors

"Great, let's do this!" "Joe" yelled, fist pumping. A third warrior poured some sort of liquid down Roberts throat then took his limp body down the elevator. Meanwhile, the five that were left began browsing through the facility. Joe saw a prototype powered armor suit in the corner. "What a Halo expy," he said, rolling his eyes, but that couldn't contain the delight in his voice.

IC Rage

Gunshots. Angry shouting. You spy a cloud of some sorts rising in the distance. Definitely not natural. You break into a run, looking around, trying to find the source of the disturbance. A crowd has gathered in front of some sort of conference centre. Not good. Occupy Wall Street all over again. You hang back from the action, hiding behind a wall. You slip your mask over your face...

Edited by Constructman

OOC I've been experimenting with second person perspective. I saw that nobody was using it, not just in the RPG, but also in most literature, and decided to try my hand at it. I had originally planned to use it for my second author insertion character but decided to use it to develop Rage instead.IC GamemasterWyatt continued looking at his cell, looking for a weak point.

OOC I've been experimenting with second person perspective. I saw that nobody was using it, not just in the RPG, but also in most literature, and decided to try my hand at it. I had originally planned to use it for my second author insertion character but decided to use it to develop Rage instead.

OOC: Its generally not used because it implies the reader is doing all those things, not the character. It break immersion, and generally doesn't really work anywhere outside of Choose Your Own Adventure books

IC: "So long as we talk after the house is done trying to kill us," Francesca answered rather pointedly

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Wait, did I just get called a Halo expy?!

Seriously, the only similarity to Halo is the appearance, and he isn't even wearing the actual armor from there. I just vaguely used a similar design because it looks cool.

When did a Spartan ever run around shooting flames and swinging a 50-pound sword?

Pk57sNJ.jpg

OOC: No, the warrior was calling the prototype armor in Machinex's facilities that he's planning to steal a Halo expy. There are five Cult of Marduk assassins in CanRaDT planning to steal some tech, including the "Spartan" armor "Joe" is eyeing. That's the Halo expy.

Edited by Constructman

OOC: Also, TNG, I'd like to remind you of two little things. First, even if you had been, don't take IC things personally. Many characters in this game are pricks, and many of them quite snarky. You will be insulted at some point or another. Second, don't do OOC only posts. With the exception of profiles and profile related things, those are mostly reserved for the staff.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Well, uh...we'll figure it out, then," Brooklyn said with a small smile. "Sleepover stuff, I mean. And how you, uh...know about it. Yeah."

Everything ached inside poor Brooklyn's body and heart right now; she'd been on plane after plane after plane after motorcycle ride and was suffering from terminal jet lag. Her little songbird's heart ached with the realization that she had just gone all out with the biggest confession of her life and admitted she was in love with another person - another girl - and hadn't been rejected flat out, but had just skirted the edge between a slow letdown and a denial of any feelings. Her very soul felt stretched at the edges, like a carpet that was pulled on by a kid to cover a juice stain on a hardwood floor; she half felt like collapsing and slowly letting tears leak onto the bed, half felt like sitting down and just withering away into a giant prune in front of her TV for all of time.

Either way, every emotion and thought running through her bruised, emotionally battered psyche read pretty much the same: Feeling things sucks.

"Sounds like fun."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

For any other person, Brooklyn's response would have been normal. Not too upbeat, but far from sad. But for Brooklyn, it was very different. The normally irrepressible girl was quiet, subdued. Her responses were slower, not quite as bright as the should have been. After months spent around her, Rebekah found she could read her with relative ease. And today, her emotional changes were nowhere near as concealed as normal. The stepford smiler, for once, had her feelings bared to see for anyone who cared to look.

Not for the first time Rebekah cursed her own understanding. What she could see so easily in others, was muddled in herself. It was like someone had taken her sense of self-understanding and ripped it away, replacing it with the ability to empathize with others.

The former Weapon was silent, regarding her friend through bright violet eyes. She had no idea what to do. Every memory that might have helped her was lost, every bit of knowledge obscured from her view. She had no safe option. So she decided to do the thing that would be the very hardest thing for her to do.

She decided to talk.

Brooklyn didn't even have time to react as her friend shifted into a dark blur that collided with her, scooping her up and off of her feet, eventually coming to a rest on top of her bed. She was wrapped in a tight hug, one meant to comfort, and in a way, to protect.

"I know, Brook." Rebekah's voice was quiet, and would have been inaudible if it weren't for the proximity to Brooklyn's ear. "I know how much it sucks. I've been there. And God knows I understand how much it sucks. You feel like you've finally put everything on the table, and nothing came of it."

"That's why... That's why I can't figure out what to say, or what to do. Because I've been where you are, and I don't want to put anyone through that. But I'm not sure if I can risk letting it happen to me again, too."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

There was a subtle movement of Brooklyn's long, dark hair against Rebekah's arm as she nodded, trying hard to contain the sudden, burning wetness in her deep brown eyes. The younger Carlisle tried to look down, tuck her head into her chest, avoid the words a little bit, but she heard them anyway, and slowly, she realized that the meaning behind them was genuine. Which in a way, she supposed, made it both better in some aspects and worse in others.

Slowly, though, she nodded again and looked up, taking a deep breath and trying to speak without sounding like she was crying - which, by now, she was slightly.

"Yeah, I get it," she said, taking another deep breath and exhaling audibly. "I get it. I'm just being selfish, I'm sorry...I understand."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle," Rebekah said, slightly louder, but with an odd quiver in her voice. It wasn't one Brooklyn had heard before, not in all the time she'd known her. "You are the single least selfish person I have ever known."

"And I'm not even going to let you try and deny that. I have never once seen you do anything for yourself, when you could do something for someone else. And I've never, ever, seen you give up on someone." The verbal shake was there again, more noticeable this time. "Because there've been so many times you could have, especially with regards to me. So many times you could have, and no one would have blamed you. I wouldn't have."

"You always say that I was your hero. But I shouldn't be. I'm just the one that managed to get away, the myth that people liked to tell. A myth that sits on a broken pedestal. I'm the shadow of the fairy tale you all told, to give yourselves hope. And like every hero, I don't live up to my legend.""You're the one who got out, and kept being normal. You didn't let it get to you, you didn't let it destroy you. You're more than strong enough to be your own hero. You stayed sane, and kept helping. I wish I could have done that.""I'm just the one that hides. And you, are the least selfish person I know." Her voice shook again, but this time the reason was clear. The wet drop that hit the side of Brooklyn's neck made it clear, unthinkable as it was. The stoic was crying.

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Is the protest still going on?

IC: Marauder

Marauder made his way up to the bridge. It looked more spectacular than he ever imagined. Then a shield comes up to him and says,"What can I aid you in sir?" "Oh nothing really. Just came to see how it is here." He walks to the large glass window of the Helicarrier. "What mission do you need me to handle?" He turns around asking the agent.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC:

No words. Brooklyn turned around inside Rebekah's hug and squeezed her back, deliberately leaning the side of her head against her rescuer's cheekbone. From this angle, Brooklyn could feasibly pretend she had never seen Rebekah start to cry, never felt the moist, salty sting of tears in her eyes and on her neck, that they were just hugging for the sake of being together...

"It'll all work out in the end, right?" she repeated weakly to herself.

IC:

It'll all work out in the end, Alaric.

Astral projection; why he hadn't thought of it before, Ric couldn't figure out for the life of him, but it was a good idea nonetheless. Wherever Ashlynn was in the world, whether conscious or unconscious, in any corner of existence, if she was alive, Alaric would find her via telepathy. As he piloted the Blackbird automatically, with the subtle know-how of someone who had been trained to do it all his life, he leaned back in the pilot's chair and closed his eyes, pushing outwards gently and picturing himself in his mind's eye, himself as Ashlynn had last seen him. Then he pictured them, together. He pictured the way he'd played with the puppy he'd bought her as she watched, laughing, green eyes sparkling wildly, pictured them first reuniting at the end of the Weapon-X debacle, pictured every moment they'd shared together since the moment he'd laid eyes on her as a six year old kid...

...and he came up short. There was nothing; not even a spark of color or sound permeated the total black that Alaric's projection was suddenly smothered in, and all at once he had to force himself out of the sudden oblivion of death before it totally drove him out of his mind. His ultramarine eyes flickered back open, and he was suddenly taking deep breaths, almost pants, unnoticed by the other X-Men. He closed his eyes again, leaning back in the chair, eyes already watering up as he stared out past the featureless horizon and back towards Westchester, a home that no longer felt like a home to him. Ashlynn was dead; his own father had killed the girl of his dreams, and for what? So the Phoenix could come back in a couple generations, even angrier?

Pointless. Utterly pointless.

How were things supposed to be alright?

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Gill, you're an idiot," a seated Alexander mumbled, seemingly to himself. Thankfully, though, nobody was paying attention to him. After a moment one of his eyes seemed to change colour, becoming, for a brief moment, some sort of maroon colour.

"How so, O fleshy master?" the virus replied with more than a hint of sarcasm.

"You keep trying to sift through my memories, even though you should know by now that I'm not a computer. It's not going to work the way you think." Alexander rolled his eyes, suppressing the virus, not allowing it to speak through his mouth.

Why don't you just get me out, then?

Interesting thought.

Error turned, looking over at some of the equipment nearby to him, seeing as he wasn't on the bridge. One thing there was a set of armour, sort of, looking like it was based on the Iron Man armour...but far lower in quality, and looking like it was made to do work more than to do battle.

Not far from that there was a computer, and a speaker.

Error smiled, slightly.

Interesting indeed.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: Is the protest still going on?

IC: Marauder

Marauder made his way up to the bridge. It looked more spectacular than he ever imagined. Then a shield comes up to him and says,"What can I aid you in sir?" "Oh nothing really. Just came to see how it is here." He walks to the large glass window of the Helicarrier. "What mission do you need me to handle?" He turns around asking the agent.

IC: Knower

"I'm not the right person to ask," I replied to Marauder. "There seems to be a riot going on in New York city right now. Agent Bolas seems to be down there right now." I then closed my eyes, bowed my head, and triggered my remote viewing powers. Sure enough, I saw Ares chilling on a rooftop, watching the scene. "Agent Strange seems to be down there as well," I added. "If you wanna go, ask Fury or Hill." Opening my eyes, I returned to watching the TVs.

IC: Natalie backed up and looked Brando in the eyes, barely smiling. "Don't be like that. I- I don't know." She kissed him then, softly at first.

IC:

"Well, I mean, it's not like I have some magic trinket like an amulet or a ring that would protect me from the specter of death. That would just be too conveni--"

Natalie cut Brando off with a swift liplock, and the senior marksman was taken off guard for a minute before he lifted Natalie up by the waist and kissed her back with much more skill than his seemingly romance-less behaviors would let on.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Feral (Blackbird)

John sat down suddenly. It seemed Ric had ignored him. He'd taken off and now they were flying through the air, away from Ashlynn. The tips of John's claws protruded from his knuckles, slicing through his skin.

"I can't believe you just left her... I could of found her." he said as he closed his fists. He'd jump off the plane right now; except for the fact it would kill him. At the supersonic speeds the Blackbird was going he'd be torn to shreds by the slipstream. There would be no healing from that.

IC: Harbinger

After meeting up with his surviving mutant assassins Eric had slowly made his way to the edge of the city were a sleek black helicopter was waiting for him and his team.

"We did good work today," Eric said. "We killed a grand number of innocent people, our mistress will be pleased," he said as he climbed into the chopper. "As for the X-Men... we shattered their world. The Phoenix Force was released because of our actions and one of the X-Men is dead. I'll take those results." he grinned.

The chopper quickly lifted into the air. Eric pulled down his face-mask and pressed a cigarette to his pale lips. He lit his cigarette as his head turned towards the skyline of Las Vegas. His crimson glasses reflected flames in the distance, and smoke. It had been a fun night.

"Take me back to New York," Eric said to the pilot. He nodded silently as he began to fly away.

Several hours later.

The chopper drifter over the New York skyline. It slowly descended towards a large skyscraper before it landed down onto the landing-pad. Eric jumped out of the chopper. He then walked down a flight of steps and opened a glass door before walking into his massive apartment. He owned this building. It was mostly empty, though a few of his most trusted assassins lived below in other apartments. Eric on the other hand had the master suite. He nodded to the pilot as he made his way down the hall to the elevator.

Eric stepped inside his apartment before he began pulling off various guns and weapons and setting them down on the counter. He pulled off his mask, glasses and his bandana before tossing them on top of the guns. Eric was quite unsettling this way. With his pale white skin, bald head and the two burning crimson eyes. He walked over to his shelf before grabbing his cellphone. It was time to call one of his masters lieutenants: the one known as Daken. Daken was fairly knew to the order, but already Eric had seen his brutality and the reason why his master decided to keep him around.

Eric dialed Daken's number quickly. He needed to report in.

IC: Malus(?), Jackson

"Well," the tall figure said, "that is one very long story. And no, I am not Malus Munroe. Nor am I Phillip MacMarr. I cannot reveal my identity without drastic consequences, so for now, you may call me Trevor Alan."

A figure with a chest as wide as a Chevy blocked Rage's path once he was in view of the protest.

"Woah," Jackson bellowed, "where you headed in such a hurry?"

OOC: Alan's profile. He'll be replacing both Malus and Demon for now.

Name: Real name unknown, goes by "Trevor Alan"Codename: NoneAge: Unknown, appears to be in his early thirties

Power(S):

Electrokinesis: Trevor has the ability manipulate electricity. He can use this power to both absorb and emit electrical currents, as well as focus them through his body into devastating attacks.

Long-Range Teleportation: able to teleport to any location stored in his short- or long-term memory. In other words, he can either teleport to any location within his field of view (short-term) or any location he remembers from his past (long-term).

X-Gene Manipulation: able to temporarily accelerate the development of the X-Gene in any individual that possesses it. This will, however briefly, enhance the target's powers to a degree that directly depends on the amount of energy Trevor puts into it. He does not, however, possess the ability to imbue normal humans with the X-Gene as Phillip MacMarr did.

Appearance: Trevor stands just over seven feet tall with a fairly above-average musculature for someone of his height and build. He is completely bald and has ruby-colored irises. He typically wears a trench coat over a crimson button-up shirt with dark dress pants, fingerless gloves, and black combat boots.

Weapons: NoneSkills: As his appearance would suggest, Trevor is quite strong. While he is nowhere near the peak for a human being, it still isn't a good idea to let yourself get punched by him.Personality: Trevor is a very serious man. He has his own motives and goals, and he utterly refuses to let anyone know about them. The reasons for this are shrouded in mystery much like his past.Weakness: Has no special powers to defend himself from harm, and his size makes him an easy target. In addition, heart problems left over from Malus's body may cause him to go into cardiac arrest if he isn't careful with his powers.Bio: Not much is known about Trevor's past, other than the fact that at some point, his very being was split into two bodies: those of Phillip MacMarr and Malus Munroe. While Phillip received almost no memories of whatever time he had in Trevor's body, Malus remembered everything; however, due to his insanity, Malus could never fully remember his true origin, instead acting on wills that surfaced randomly. These wills led to at least one confrontation with Phillip in the past, and eventually led the two to merge once again. Now that Trevor Alan has been reborn, he plans to enact whatever mysterious plans of his were interrupted with his separation.

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC: Ashley

It had been several hours since the two pacifists had fallen into slumber, cuddling together on the sofa. Ashley began to stir as a sudden chill awakened her prematurely.

Ashley slowly opened her eyes, hardly able to keep them open as she groggily came to. Still half asleep, Ashley didn't move from where she rested on Dallas, her head still against Dallas' ribs. She was quite content to just stay where she was, safe and secure in Dallas' embrace.

Oh, that's right...I'm with Dallas right now... Her sleepy mind was just remembering where she was and who she was with. As far as she knew she was still in Alistair's house, with her eyes only half opened she slowly confirmed this.

But wait, why was she still here? Didn't she....

It was then she remembered the video, of the X-men, Jeremy...Ashlynn...

No! She shook memories away, she didn't want to think about it anymore. She was afraid that she'd wake Dallas if she started to cry again...

This put another thought into her head, she turned her head to look at Dallas, though slowly so she didn't wake him. He looked so peaceful asleep, like he didn't have a care in the world.

Now that she was getting a nice close up look at his face, really up close, she noticed just how smooth his lips appeared...

She decided it wouldn't hurt to just look at them a little closer...closer...

,,,okay maybe this was a little too close now, she was pretty much breathing down on the kissers, she started to pull back a bit when she lost her balance, her face falling back down toward Dallas'...her lips landed right on his.

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Oh, good.

Ok, no more OOC-only posts.

But seriously, when someone breaks the fourth wall IC as an insult, it's kind of hard not to take it as an OOC insult. No one would realistically call someone else an "expy" in-game.

IC - Burnblade - New York

Burnblade walked deeper into the city. His footsteps were audible, but only to him. Only because he was stepping so slowly that his mind could not ignore the pace of each sound bouncing off the ground where he walked. One does not simply step into a riot zone without caution.

He kept his back to the wall of a building almost continuously, weaving between buildings and trying to find somewhere to see. The gas obscured his view from the ground. He turned up the mic volume on his helmet. "What is the meaning of this?!" he called out, loud as a megaphone.

He took cover behind another building just in case, not that he had stepped into the open.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

OOC: Please, eight random shots is hardly a city full of gunfire. Water hoses and sound cannons, maybe, but gunfire, no(t yet).IC - Cambion - Boston: "In person. I understand." The mutant frowned to himself at the compliment. "You flatter me. I've led a lucky life, that's all."Victor swallowed slightly. "There's a hunting lodge I know south of New York City. It would be a discrete location." Maximoff glanced at the television screen. "Away from protests and SHIELD agents on high alert for suspicious characters.""If that is acceptable, I will send you the coordinates. When do you want to make the exchange?"

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC:

Rebekah was silent, trying to decide how to answer the question. She had no idea if things would turn out alright. And considering the subject, she wasn’t even sure what ending could be classified as “alright”. But it wouldn’t do any good to say that out loud. No, objective answers had no place here. Whatever she said needed to be honest, and it needed to come from the heart rather than the head.

And how do you intend to answer? She asked herself, frowning slightly. You’ve destroyed her worldview. You’ve brought Brooklyn, the one who never cries, to the point of tears. She took a massive risk in speaking her mind, and her hopes were dashed for it.

Sounds familiar? Because you’ve put her in the same place as you were then. It’s a horrendous place, caught between conflicting emotions and a strained friendship. It would have been healthier if you had rejected her outright, and given her time to get over it. But instead you were kind, and you didn’t. But is that the reason? Is that why you chose not to reject her? You never answered one way or another. Perhaps it’s not because you don’t know the answer, but because you don’t want to see it?

There is no pending heartbreak this time. No one here to push you aside, and take the place in their heart that you were hoping to fill. And yet you remain cautious, taking the least possible risk at all times. But that’s causing her pain.

For a time, even her thoughts fell silent. The conclusion she’d reached was not a cautious one, nor was it one she was entirely sure of. Every tendency she’d developed over the last two months screamed at her to ignore it, and continue on as normal. It was, it reasoned, the only way to go on normally.

But normal isn’t an option anymore. And really, why not? Ignoring your heart didn’t exactly work well the last time.

“Brook. Look at me.” The former Weapon said quietly. After a moment, Brooklyn shifted her head to look at her friend, but all she saw was a pair of violet eyes before she kissed her.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "Okay, I realise this opinion might not make me Mister Popular right now, but er..." Alec looked at his own shuffling feet, "Do you think if Ashlynn is dead...it might be for the best? Hear me out here!" he insisted before the outcry could begin, "Jean Grey couldn't hold the Phoenix on any occasion, and Ashlynn is a lot less trained and a lot more emotional. She's already killed Darkfang, what would she have done next?"

IC: With the two mutants working together, a trail was quickly blazed to the sub-basement where the Danger Room's controls were located.

"There they are!" Francesca shouted, before turning to Beast "You get to them sir! We can keep guard here in case it tries anything!"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC Hei"But from what I've heard," Kristy replied, "The Phoenix will just find anoher host, won't it?" "I'm so scared," Kristy thought. Taking out her cell phone, she dialed a number. It probably wouldn't help, but Vincent was the only one of her friends who could understand her situation, even if they wre not too close.IC KnowerMy cell phone ran again. Not looking at the call display, I answered. "Odysseus.""What?"Who the ###### is this? "Ma'am, SHIELD front desk is <insert number here>. In the future, please do not call-""VINCENT! It's Kristy, for goodness sake!"Oh no. How did she get my cell phone number? Oh, that's right; I didn't change it. Speaking of which, I had a lot of long distance-wait, my plan covered for it. Anyways, back on topic. "U-uh, I don't know about you, but I'm at work. Don't bothe-""Couldn't you at least listen to me? I'm in Las Vegas-""Las Vegas? On vacation?""No, I'm with the X-Men and we're flying back to New York on the Blackbird.""... ... ... sorry? That did not compute.""I'm on a supersonic jet full of teenage mutants! There, better?""... yes. But what does any of this have to do with me?""I just wanted to talk to you, okay? What happened to you? You're all ice cubes now! Oh, and the Phoeni-""Yes, I know. You're wasting my time. Goodbye." I hung up.IC Hei"Grah!" Kristy roared in frustration. <He doesn't care at all!> she snapped in Cantonese.

Edited by Constructman

IC:"I think," Alex began, drawing attention to himself for the first time since they had taken off. The teenager's face, no longer held held in the tension of battle, looked weary. It was not twisted in rage or grief, nor did it display any other emotion. It was the face of someone who'd dealt with as much as they cared to. "That it doesn't matter. The Phoenix would have, and still will, come back either way. As it stands, it has been delayed. But at what price?"

IC:"Indeed." Marcus responded, nodding. "Shall we be under way, then?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Rest of my posts later.IC: Natalie was a bit surprised herself, though it was the good kind, like that birthday party your parents threw you in secret when you were having a bad day. After the first yell of SURPRISE everything seemed to go right for once. She wrapped her legs around him tightly, continuing to kiss Brando.Unfortunately, humans, even superhuman SHIELD agents, have to breathe. Reluctantly Natalie stopped kissing him and said the only thing that came to mind."Wow."

Edited by Elvis

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles