BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

It can be easy to get lost in the flurry of posts in the GD, but the topic is here to let all the player come and talk about what is going on in the BZPRPG. If you don't want to try and read each post than you can use the search bar at the top of the page. Some simple "Le-koro, Entropy Beatles, Gukko Force" searches should point you to the right spot.

As someone who has been playing and watching the game for a while now, I would personally suggest that you avoid skimming the majority of posts in a topic that has a large battle going on. It usually ends up with the player missing something important and ending up confused and lost when people start reacting to it.

• Upvote 2

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Silvan's right. Those two posts I linked earlier were found just by searching "Gukko Force" in the Le-Wahi topic.

They were in the first page of results; it took all of about two minutes for me to find them. (Curse my slow internet!)

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Speaking as the person who plays Kongu and as a result the Gukko Force and Rama-Squad, maybe I can help out here.

My life became extremely busy since starting up the defense against the beetles. That tends to happen when you're a college student and final exams rear their ugly faces, whispering "I am worth most of your grade and I still cost money so if you mess up you mess up your grades and waste all your money."

I diverted my control over the squads to two other players and was under the impression that things were being moved along. I haven't looked at Le in a month. I haven't been reading anything other than what has been sent to me or where I know other people need me. This is not a place I thought I was needed. Sorry it's worked out that way, and I understand your frustrations - which I think are somewhat justified. I'm sorry.

You're right, it should have been dealt with, whether by me or other players who had been given Le-Koro control for the time being. However, it isn't as if this couldn't have been resolved otherwise.

Just advancing everything ahead without waiting for groups at large (or the event at large) isn't conductive to effective play. There is a point when you drop other people and say "alright whateves, we gotta move ahead" but that point usually goes to be a number of months. If you were really waiting, try sending PM's around. Ask in GD what the hold up is or who you should talk to. PM Staff members even. Don't just go on without the rest of the topic. Had I been made aware beforehand that there was no responses on Le's end for anything, I could have done something about it sooner or diverted people in question to those currently running the Force.

Now instead I need to read upwards of 30+ pages just so I know what's going on in order to help resolve the situation, but I don't have time for that because again - I have college courses to not waste my time failing.

So if staff rules this poison legal (which I think they will, although they can feel free to hop in whenever to say otherwise) then we'll go with it. I've asked around a bit and the biggest area of concern is scale. How big is this cloud? Would it actually envelope the entire village? Those questions are the questions staff needs to know the answers to in order to make a ruling.

That being said, it's perfectly fine to make decisions that impact the Force. That's part of player empowerment, so as long as everything is legal, I see no reason to move the cloud away. Just know that there are always repercussions for actions. That's not a threat, just understand the level of power we hold as players and the surrounding characters.

What I do see reason now is to WAIT until proper responses can be made by the proper players. Not to mention staff who need to hop in for their say on the poison scale.

• Upvote 1

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

ChillPillHobbes.gif

Everyone,

Chill. Deep breaths. In, out. In, out. Wall-of-texting a problem like this isn't going to fix it, it's just going to make everyone even more on edge and just make it harder for a solution to be reached when people are actually around to reach it. The root of this problem is sourced in a few places, all of which I will at least attempt to cover. But firstly...

Nato: Chill, dude. I've been having to say this to you way too often. Let's dial back the ease with which we get snippy, okay? Believe me, I understand the temptation sometimes. But we need to have some patience, especially with the new players. 

Banana: I'm going to lead off with something that's a little blunt, but essential to this game. It isn't possible to play this game without making an effort to be aware. There is no moment-by-moment synopsis, and there isn't a way we the staff could possibly maintain such a thing. The closest we ever got was the Mata Nui Weekly, which, as the name implies, still only came out on a weekly basis. I'm sorry that it's not something you want to do, but when playing in a topic wherein a large scale event is going on, you have to pay attention to most of the posts. Most of the game can be operated without paying too much attention to other characters, but the simple fact is that when you do you won't know what's going on.

It's a harsh reality but it is reality. Nor have we failed to make an effort to make things clear. As Silvan notes, the search bar is your friend. A post was made at the start of Volume Three that detailed the start of the Entropy beetle attack, as well as noting that the staff would be making more of an effort to control events directly. As a rule of thumb large scale events are almost always controlled by someone, and should never be moved along without waiting for that someone. At the very least asking the aforementioned someone what they think. 

We work very, very hard to make all of the information available. There's a New Player Topic to give players a detailed intro to the game. We keep descriptions of locations in the topic bar, and whenever we start an event we make a post here. Posts easily located using the search bar. And most of all, we make it almost painfully clear that we are always available to answer questions. The News and Discussion Topics exist in order for questions to be asked. Even if half the talk that goes on in here isn't necessarily immediately pertinent, the fastest way to get a question answer is just to ask here.

If there is one thing that never fails to get under my skin it's the implication (and you didn't just imply, you outright stated it) that the staff don't take the time to do our jobs. Three of us are college students, I'm a high school senior working on preparing for college, and our fourth active staff member has a job. Nevertheless there is never a day that at least two of us are not present. Seldom is there a span of more than a couple of hours between when someone checks in. We have made very real efforts to make all of the information available, and we make ourselves available for questions if by some strange occurrence the information can be neither found nor answered by someone in GD.

I understand that you're new. I've been there. I spent my first few months of the BZPRPG bumbling around with no idea of what I was doing, trying to latch onto important people and ending up involved in my first coherent plot by the good nature of Lazzy alone. The man must have had the patience of a saint. I understand that this game can be big and confusing, and I understand that it can be all too easy to be focused solely on one's own perspective.

But you can't just plow ahead. If there's one lesson you genuinely learn from this debacle it should be to always try and find information relevant to you if you don't already know it. It's out there, you just have to use the tools at your disposal to look.

Now. To actually solve this problem...

As of now, all the events of those who were previously believed to be in Le-Koro are retconned to be outside of Le-Koro, and in a place more suited with continuity. If need be, you can PM Palm or Nuju about where that should be. This is not negotiable.

• Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Banana: I'm going to lead off with something that's a little blunt, but essential to this game. It isn't possible to play this game without making an effort to be aware. There is no moment-by-moment synopsis, and there isn't a way we the staff could possibly maintain such a thing. The closest we ever got was the Mata Nui Weekly, which, as the name implies, still only came out on a weekly basis. I'm sorry that it's not something you want to do, but when playing in a topic wherein a large scale event is going on, you have to pay attention to most of the posts. Most of the game can be operated without paying too much attention to other characters, but the simple fact is that when you do you won't know what's going on.

It's not that I wasn't being aware. I would go into the news topic every so days to see if there was something important I missed. If I hadn't, there would've been no way that I would've known about what's happening in Ko-Koro. It's not that I don't want to have to do any sort of reading or attempt at understanding at what's going on. I spent a ton of time reading all the rules posts to get a hold of this game.

It's a harsh reality but it is reality. Nor have we failed to make an effort to make things clear. As Silvan notes, the search bar is your friend. A post was made at the start of Volume Three that detailed the start of the Entropy beetle attack, as well as noting that the staff would be making more of an effort to control events directly. As a rule of thumb large scale events are almost always controlled by someone, and should never be moved along without waiting for that someone. At the very least asking the aforementioned someone what they think. 

I was just a player, playing the game. How did I know I was suppose to search for anything? I read the news topic pretty consistently. I'd glance at the posts being made in the Le topic. I felt that I was completely being up to speed on the story. How was I at all suppose to know that there was something I was missing? I realize that it's important to know what's going on and reading about stuff would've made things clearer, but the rules themselves imply that this is a game that one can hop right into. Some commitments need to be made, but important posts like that should be someplace where I know they will be, not scattered around who-knows-where. Nothing in the rules ever said that I needed to go into the search bar for those things, so I assumed that if it was important enough, it would be some where I could see it.

If there is one thing that never fails to get under my skin it's the implication (and you didn't just imply, you outright stated it) that the staff don't take the time to do our jobs. Three of us are college students, I'm a high school senior working on preparing for college, and our fourth active staff member has a job. Nevertheless there is never a day that at least two of us are not present. Seldom is there a span of more than a couple of hours between when someone checks in. We have made very real efforts to make all of the information available, and we make ourselves available for questions if by some strange occurrence the information can be neither found nor answered by someone in GD.

I was never trying to be mean or rude. As a junior in a specialized high school, I know what not having time is. Trust me, and I fully understand and respect the staff and don't hold that against them. And I outright said that. I get that, but I still feel like basic information got lost because as a new player, no one told me there were certain things happening, and no one told me that I should be looking out for them. I'm just saying that the movement of the beetles to the koro was not something new, and should've been recognized before. It's been going on for quite a while, and isn't a suddenly new problem. If it can't get taken care of right away, not a problem, but it should still get acknowledged. No other players except for today said anything about it. I get that I need to read other posts to know what's happening, but then so should other people, and if they did it would be very clear, that not just me, but a whole big group of a bunch of other people were fighting in the koro. My posts make it fairly clear of the general area where my characters are located. For Akhulii's, his newer posts specify "Le-Koro".

But you can't just plow ahead. If there's one lesson you genuinely learn from this debacle it should be to always try and find information relevant to you if you don't already know it. It's out there, you just have to use the tools at your disposal to look.

I, was, not, plowing ahead. I don't understand why people think that. I was not the only person who thought the fight could be moved to Le-Koro. In fact, I don't think my group  even knew there was a blockade or whatever either. Why do I have to feel blamed for what happened? I didn't plow ahead when the decision was made, because it wasn't even my idea. Deciding to release the poison on Le-Koro? I didn't plow there either. All the other characters knew it would happen and that it would affect them if they had been playing. It was talked about among the characters, and eventually I saw that it would just keep on being talked about unless I actually did something. And even so, it wasn't a one post thing that would suddenly release the poison, I made it clear that I was going to go ahead and do it before I did. Perhaps the poison should've been taken to consideration by the staff, but I felt it went by the rules completely. Until I made my post with the OOC line in bold stating the situation, none of the other characters outside of our group in Le-Koro ever said anything about us being there and fighting there. This is what's getting me angry, because it doesn't feel right that I have to sit here and have people make page long posts at me for a mistake I didn't make. I was not plowing, and I was playing fair.

Now. To actually solve this problem...

As of now, all the events of those who were previously believed to be in Le-Koro are retconned to be outside of Le-Koro, and in a place more suited with continuity. If need be, you can PM Palm or Nuju about where that should be. This is not negotiable.

Sounds good to me. Listen, I'm sorry to Palm, you and all the other staff if I sound rude, or angry. I do feel a little upset that I'm being told that I'm doing thing's without other player's consent, but I do respect the staff and feel bad that this had to be a thing. I understand the staff have their own lives they have to take care of, and I fully respect that. Sorry. :(

Edited by Banana Gunz
  • Upvote 1

Here's a discussion that'll likely get me some flak, but might it be a good idea to have a seperate news topic, and discussion topic? That way yhe news is less clogged by all the.... cough discussion cough? At the very least, I feel that it would keep the new player doing weird stuff that doesn't make sense due to given events thing less of a problem. goodness knows I've been guilty of that a few times.

Snip

I'm afraid its mostly a case of you being the first one in your group to catch everyone's attention. Most of the time when something like this happens it is because a player decided to go off and start taking liberties with other players' stuff.

There was a post in here roughly a month ago with a link to the post about everything the defenders were doing. Aside from that, my knowledge about what is going with that entire thing is very limited.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Nato: Chill, dude. I've been having to say this to you way too often. Let's dial back the ease with which we get snippy, okay? Believe me, I understand the temptation sometimes. But we need to have some patience, especially with the new players. 

Looking back, I realise I've been acting like a real dick, for which I apologise. I have this awful tendency to get really invested in arguments, to the point where I'm just arguing for the sake of it. Add that to the fact that I haven't been sleeping with and I'm currently living in a house surrounded by people I really freakin' hate...

...let's just say I've got a really short fuse right now. I'm going to do my best to avoid going off the rails. Again, sorry.  :(

Hey guys we need questions for the BZPRPG Podcast hit me with them like you would a whale with a harpoon.

Why did all of the Piraka call off their attack on Onu and return to Kini? 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Here's a discussion that'll likely get me some flak, but might it be a good idea to have a seperate news topic, and discussion topic? That way yhe news is less clogged by all the.... cough discussion cough? At the very least, I feel that it would keep the new player doing weird stuff that doesn't make sense due to given events thing less of a problem. goodness knows I've been guilty of that a few times.

We already have that, except it's not kept up to date very well...  :notsure:

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I suppose something official should be said at this point XD

The Maru players would like to thank everyone who entered the Stannis competition. We got several very strong entries, and it was very difficult to choose a winner, but after much deliberation it was decided that Joseph Cooper (better known to most of us as Kaithas) will be taking up the mantle of Stannis. We think he'll stay true to the Stan that we know and love, while also taking the character in some new directions, and we're excited to see him do so.

A big hand for the man, gents—he's got some big granite shoes to fill!

On a completely unrelated note:

IC: Skorm wheezed as the Skakdi walked away, joined by the four other Piraka. He hadn't trekked for days, fought rahkshi, and had his pelvis smashed for fun. His goal was right here. He wasn't letting it slip out of his fingers. Again.

Skorm coughed and hacked. "N-no! I... can be remade! Y-...you did it before!"

His mask wore a mixed look of fury, pain, and desperation; but also, determination. He would crawl across a dozen islands with his hands if it meant reaching his goal. "I... I will do anything..."

Skorm's all like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM0sTNtWDiI

• Upvote 3

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

For once, I'm actually going to try and listen to the entire podcast. I'll let it play in the background while I work on my lab report. :P

(Oh, by the way: the 'ch' in 'Echelon' is pronounced 'sh'.)

EDIT: Ok, I've now finished the whole thing, and I highly recommend listening to the final 15 minutes (Tyler's PSA onwards). The other 35 minutes are the usual brand of current-events banter that we know and love, but that last segment raises some really good points that I think we'd all benefit from hearing :)

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Upvote 3

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Listening to the podcast, BZPtime kinda broke me when the 'Entropy beetles have been a thing for about a day', when Skorm was there at the genesis, and has trekked through three location topics since then. I'm just going to think that they were breeding for a while.

"Skorm isn't taking a stand anytime soon."

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

I know inventions need staff permission, but what about, let's say, ship designs? I have plans for my Kyoshi character to get some of the Ringti inventors of the clan to work. Do I need to ask staff permission about this? It's nothing that will benefit my character, but might give the clan a slight edge during the upcoming civil war (you know, Kentoku is an archipelago and everything, I would imagine ships will have a big role in the war, at least they should).

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

So yeah. I realize I've been gone with no explanation for a while. Had this slight contest thing to enter.

But ladies and gentlemen, enjoy.

also mmmboi represent 

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Waitwaitwaitwhat?  This is how we get told the contest is over?  Weeks and weeks of no contact whatsoever and then suddenly Stannis post out of nowhere?  :/ What, did everyone just forget to say anything or something until now?

(Also, what's the situation in the Outsiders' arena, again?  Is it still totally wrecked?  Because I could use that.  :P)

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )