BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Just took a look at Ta for the first time in a while.  Internal Kopaka is not at all like I was expecting (although I'm pretty sure that was the point, in order to contrast imminent betrayal!Kopaka and canon!Kopaka).

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Just took a look at Ta for the first time in a while.  Internal Kopaka is not at all like I was expecting (although I'm pretty sure that was the point, in order to contrast imminent betrayal!Kopaka and canon!Kopaka).

important to note that it probably isn't entirely kopaka. worth noting that some of reo's personality is going to imprint on what he thinks the essence stone will do (hence his sudden penchant for dry snark), but yes, the point was to create a definite contrast in heuani and kopaka with the essence stone

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

It's nice to see the Kini Nui topic becoming a little more active again. That place doesn't much activity. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

What are you in a bar fight over there or something? Who uses a Table as a ballistic missile?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Who is currently in front of the gate leading into Ga-Koro?

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I think that Lash, Breathless Leah and a couple of Marines were all still out there. 

Unless I missed a post with them moving?

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Hmmm... The conversations that Verulas could have...

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Lets see... there's the dragon egg business, I think some plot stuff with the Civil War is coming up soon, and then there's a small brawl going on in Sado between some loyalists and Vilda with hired bodyguards. I know there's other stuff, but that's what I can think of right now.

The times, they are a-changing...

Kentoku does not have an equivalent set of Principles. They have their Virtues, and anything else is simply the philosophy of an individual clan or leader. Additionally... I do not know where you got your information regarding Zuto Nui, but it isn't accurate. Zuto Nui is Kentoku's Great Spirit, as Mata Nui is for the eponymous island. They don't have an origin; they're just there. Deities don't necessarily come into being the way a historical figure does. Zataka and Zuto Nui's lore is less fleshed out than that of Mata Nui and Makuta, but they very much operate on the same principles. Many players consider Zataka and Zuto Nui to be a much less comabative relationship, given their peaceful times, and think of them more as opposite but balanced beings.

They don't have origins.

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Kraata would require air, yes. The only question is exactly what actually gets to them, given that they are (largely) sealed inside their armor. That would be something the staff would need to discuss in order to decide upon.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Over in Corpus Rahkshi, our Rahkshi just breathe through the mouthparts of their suits. But then, we've taken some liberties with canon by having our Rahkshi being able to speak as well, so I'm not sure how well that applies here. 

I've been meaning to ask this for a while: what are the actual rules concerning the use of Mindarm or the Kanohi Matatu on PCs? I mean, can you effectively autohit to an extent when telekinetically moving a character (there's no way for them to avoid it), or do you have to ask permission to do it, or can you not do it at all? 

Kathok

I've been meaning to ask this for a while: what are the actual rules concerning the use of Mindarm or the Kanohi Matatu on PCs? I mean, can you effectively autohit to an extent when telekinetically moving a character (there's no way for them to avoid it), or do you have to ask permission to do it, or can you not do it at all? 

Whenever you attack a PC, it's generally best to post the attack and its intended effects, but leave the actual landing of the attack to the other person.

For example:

IC: Nuju activated his Matatu and mentally reached out towards Matau in an attempt to grab the pesky Turaga of Air and toss him into a nearby tree.

As you can see, Nuju's player posts the attack and its intended effect, but doesn't post the actual landing of the attack. Sure, unless Matau has a way to instantly break Nuju's concentration, there's not really any way for him to avoid this attack. But that doesn't mean that Nuju's player can post the attack landing. It's still up to Matau's player to allow the hit, regardless of how unavoidable it is. 

(besides, no attack is truly unavoidable. Someone else can always come up with a strategy you didn't think of!)

• Upvote 1

Okay, time for some quick updates:

Necrocybermancer (a.k.a. Keeper of Kraata) has volunteered to put one of his characters in Zenithex's sights. While I'm not going to divulge the character in question or their location, I will say that he'll most likely end up encountering the "wrath" of Krayzikk, and leave it at that. You guys can probably already imagine how well I think this is going to play out, so wish me luck. :P

More importantly, I've finally decided to let the cat out of the bag concerning Project Legion. Yes, you've read that correctly, and no, your eyes are not deceiving you. *Deep inhale.* Here we go.

Project Legion, as at least one of you already knows (*cough, cough, Nato, cough, cough*), is the code name I've been using when I was casually dropping hints about an organisation I was planning on starting up, aptly named Dravennica's Legion. I was inspired to put this plan into motion after reading about Haarnak's... well, less than successful attack on the Dasaka's sub over in the Ga-Wahi topic when I found myself instantly thinking of how his odds of actually pulling it off (or at least managing to escape from the Marines) would've been a little more stacked in his favor if he had a group of equally psychopathic individuals with him to help watch his back. Insert Dravennica as the most likely of my characters to come up with such a plan, and hopefully a bunch of other characters who want to start some crazy shenanigans, and there you have it; a way to potentially get away with performing dastardly deeds within the walls of the other villages.

Now I should note that Dravennica isn't going to be just handing out free membership cards to anyone who asks after this gets up and running, either; since her whole philosophy is basically "might makes right," those interested in joining will first have to prove themselves by both surviving a trip down to Makuta's Vault and acquiring a vial of Antidermis from Zaktan, provided that Nuju still has him down there. While Foreign Tech and Masks have their uses, she's going to be looking for people who are willing to gain something a little more "permanent" to join her cause, since those powers are a little less likely to be taken away in the event of their capture and could possibly lead to escape attempts themselves. It should also be mentioned that those "crazy shenanigans" stated above may include, but are certainly not limited to, breaking into the village's prisons in order to release the inmates and bolster their numbers, so for those players who wish their characters to join in on the action, the recruiting process won't just be limited to those located inside of Ko-Koro. Currently, however, I'm still looking for a suitable base of operations outside of that particular village (which I might have just found, actually), plus some other conveniences (recently obtained a smith, but still on the lookout for healers, individuals experienced in the technological department, and well, enough "funds" to keep the group active) before officially starting this up, and depending on when the other village's plan to begin their assault, those plans may need to be shelfed for a little bit (that and the fact that the figurehead of the group is currently laying outside the Sanctum waiting for medical attention doesn't exactly help get things moving, either).

So yeah, that's about it; a bunch of psychotic terrorists hopped up on Antidermis. Hope it doesn't disapoint.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Necrocybermancer (a.k.a. Keeper of Kraata) has volunteered to put one of his characters in Zenithex's sights. While I'm not going to divulge the character in question or their location, I will say that he'll most likely end up encountering the "wrath" of Krayzikk, and leave it at that.

wait what

what did i do

fK5oqYf.jpg

Don't really have an evil aligned character to take advantage of the Anitdermis. Maybe Korzan AKA "Black Ice" my Ko-Turaga... If you think he'd have a place in your organization. I could use it as a means of finishing off his Profile and making him playable.

Not a bad Profile there Crimson Jester. Not sure I'd want to anger him when he is off his spice binge.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Necrocybermancer (a.k.a. Keeper of Kraata) has volunteered to put one of his characters in Zenithex's sights. While I'm not going to divulge the character in question or their location, I will say that he'll most likely end up encountering the "wrath" of Krayzikk, and leave it at that.

wait what

what did i do

It's not what you did, it's what you're most likely going to do. You'll find out soon enough.

Snip.

Haarnak's in. Just get him out of prison first. :D

Like I said, I'd still need the manpower before I can even attempt that, so he might be waiting awhile.

Don't really have an evil aligned character to take advantage of the Anitdermis. Maybe Korzan AKA "Black Ice" my Ko-Turaga... If you think he'd have a place in your organization. I could use it as a means of finishing off his Profile and making him playable.

Not a bad Profile there Crimson Jester. Not sure I'd want to anger him when he is off his spice binge.

As long as they pass initiation and can bring something to the group that it can benefit from (be it healing, tech awareness, strategic planning, or even just some extra muscle), they'll be allowed in. Anyone who decides to betray or abandon the group after joining, however, get's added to Dravennica's own private hit list, which already has a few names on it as it is (Verulas being an obvious target, alongside Toa Grimlock's Skulk for taking off and embarrassing her in front of Legacy).

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Well would a Turaga of Ice be counted as muscle? I don't see him as a healer, tech savvy is likely a no, Strategic planning? Perhaps seeing that he wears the Mask of Illusion.

Onua.png

Oh it is not? Bummer. have to think of something else then. Was using it to disguise himself as a Matoran. Guess that Idea is out... lol.

Onua.png

A Turaga could always be played as one of those characters who are just too stubborn to die/retire (examples; Batman from The Dark Knight Returns, Judge Dredd, 60-year-old Punisher, etc.). I personally haven't seen too many of them around (unless I'm not looking in the right places).

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: