BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Pictures nevertheless. I actually remember from the Mask of Light movie commentary that in the beginning everything on the island of Mata Nui was supposed to be going through an evolution from biological to mechanical... or the other way around, I don't remember which. In this rpg it seems like the island is going towards the technology levels of Metru Nui.

On another note: I'm pretty sure I just figured out the riddle of the vault door.

Disk launchers and Protothermic powder are the norm now?

Awesome.

I think the Living List is a wonderful idea.

Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

So, quick question: I was going to make a Skakdi character however I was wondering if he could have a kanohi. I read somewhere on BS01 that skakdi could have kanohi but, I haven't seen any so I thought I would ask.

Pretty sure it says in the rules that Skakdi cannot use masks, or have one for that matter.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

In canon, Skakdi can wear kanohi, but cannot access their powers, In this game, Skakdi cannot have kanohi because no character can have extra masks beyond what they can use.

What about people like Lohkar?

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

In canon, Skakdi can wear kanohi, but cannot access their powers,

In this game, Skakdi cannot have kanohi because no character can have extra masks beyond what they can use.

In canon, they can access mask powers if they possess the required mental discipline. And isn't the rule "one mask per character"? I don't believe a character has to be able to use a mask in order to own one.

Q2TtLEz.png

In canon, Skakdi can wear kanohi, but cannot access their powers,

In this game, Skakdi cannot have kanohi because no character can have extra masks beyond what they can use.

In canon, they can access mask powers if they possess the required mental discipline. And isn't the rule "one mask per character"? I don't believe a character has to be able to use a mask in order to own one.

No, Skakdi cannot use Kanohi powers. Ever. It was the Barraki who could use masks but chose not to.

And the vision powers of Skakdi are the equivalent for mask powers, so why would they wear a mask even for decor, since it would disrupt the beams?

Actually, some (very rare ones) can. Its very rare though, and would never get approved in this game.

What I'm saying is, Vortixx don't get to bring kanohi to the island, since they can't use them themselves. The only use for a Vortixx's kanohi would be giving it to another character who could, which would be a way around the 'one mask per toa/turaga/lesterin/whatever' rule. The way is shut.

So, by the same logic, a Skakdi having a mask they can't use would also be a way around the rules, and therefore bad.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

No, Skakdi cannot use Kanohi powers. Ever.

Skakdi also have the ability to wear Kanohi, though most lack the mental discipline required to use a Mask of Power.

E: Ninja'd.

The only use for a Vortixx's kanohi would be giving it to another character who could, which would be a way around the 'one mask per toa/turaga/lesterin/whatever' rule.

Not necessarily. Kanohi also look pretty; they can be hung on walls, kept as trophies, etc. Or they can be used as plot elements - for example, said Vortixx could spend time trying to figure out where the kanohi came from or something. And there is no way around the one mask rule. Last year you could have one given to you by staff (such as what happened with Agni), but that exception has been removed this year. If you come upon a second kanohi in any way, you must discard either it or the one you have.

Edited by Baltarc

Q2TtLEz.png

Wow, I'm absolutely sure Greg said at one point that no Skakdi can use mask powers. o_O Where did BS01 get that?

Some (AKA Vezon) can use mask powers. They have to have extremely good concentration. Most wouldn't, because of Skakdi pride, hiding their face, all that stuff. Vezon is insane and barely looks like a Skakdi, so that's his reason.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

I didn't see a lot of this last season, but recently I've noticed a number of people referencing specific quantities of widgets - one widget per ten characters on the radio, ninety-nine widget store, job paid 300 widgets, 350 widgets to take a case, a thousand-widget reward for the Komau, a weapon for 70 widgets... I could go on.

Basically, how much is a widget actually worth in real-world currency? There's no clear standard, which I guess isn't a major problem, but it does get confusing.

Q2TtLEz.png

Personally, I'd suggest abolishing the Widget, or at least seeing its decline. From an OOC perspective, it has no real value, as players practically conjure them up from thin air and their value perception varies wildly from player to player. From an IC perspective, I'd imagine that with differences widening between the Koro people would be more inclined to trade hard goods rather than currency - if war comes, what good is a pile of widgets compared to a pile of raw materials?

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Material as in a Kikanalo? Those are not exactly something you can train in a short enough time for it to fit into the timeline, even with BZPRPG Time.

Edit: Darn Ninja'd.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I didn't see a lot of this last season, but recently I've noticed a number of people referencing specific quantities of widgets - one widget per ten characters on the radio, ninety-nine widget store, job paid 300 widgets, 350 widgets to take a case, a thousand-widget reward for the Komau, a weapon for 70 widgets... I could go on.

Basically, how much is a widget actually worth in real-world currency? There's no clear standard, which I guess isn't a major problem, but it does get confusing.

I would judge by Mnolg 2 by comparing prices in-game to their counterparts IRL. Lightstone = Flashlight, Kohlii ball = soccer ball, etc. then finding the average of those prices per widgets.

But I've never got around to doing that fully, so my personal opinion until I hear something better is 1 widget = $5 and so on.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

You can always melt those widgets down into metal for a cool new sword.

DA MONEY SWORD!

If you compared if our dollar I think it would be worth quite a bit more considering the fact they are made of proterdermis.

But to them, protodermis isn't worth anything, but paper is valuable, because everything is protodermis and paper is rare. So its really not comparable.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Since this is not the MU not everything is made out of protodermis. Probably the only thing that is made out of it would be the people and perhaps a few tools.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

"We don't take Republican Credits out here."I kinda think we should keep the widgets around though. Taking them out of the game just means a ton of more stealing and stuff. It makes sense that it would be less worth, but getting rid of it would cause more problems with gameplay than it would do good. It's a minor thing anyway, not really a big issue.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Since this is not the MU not everything is made out of protodermis. Probably the only thing that is made out of it would be the people and perhaps a few tools.

There was a clear indication in the MNOG that the main resource the Onu-Matoran mine is protodermis.

This brings me to another question I wanted to ask, how, exactly, are one supposed to switch/change Kanohi in this RPG, I just got a customer that's looking to get a new one.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...