Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC Vir

Vir's Dormitory

Vir shrugged. "I'm not in much of a mood to break things. I'm still a little tired; I'd rather get some rest."

IC Mahrika

Gymnasium

He had no words left for Rain. He knew what he'd done was shameful. Emotion was no excuse for rash behavior. He sulked out of the gym.

OOC: Signing off for now.

Edited by Akavakaku

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

IC: Hoto - Empty Dorm Wing

"Yeah, I guess..." she sighed. It was still hard to leave behind.

"One good thing came out of Dekako, though. Even though I... panicked... I'm glad you two finally saw my mind. I... I haven't been honest with you, but... only because I didn't know how to be. I'm sorry."

IC: Fang - Hallways

Of course, that could work. It would be far easier than building one, and the Gym had to have some kind of plasma pit option for training they could... reuse.

"I think it might work," he said to Exxan. "Not now, though." He glared in the direction of the Gym and the actions inside. He couldn't bear watching them any longer.

IC: Root - Dorms

Root shrugged. If they did not want to join in a heroic venture, 'twould not be forced upon them, unlike so many heroes. This one could go on living their peasant, Melody-look-alike life. Root walked out and smashed down another door.

IC: Rain - Gym

Rain glared at him as he left. She would shout after him if it would do any good.

"How pathetic," she remarked to Squid. "He gets all uppity, and then runs off with his spines between his legs." Rain spat after him.

Oh, he would pay. One day. Nobody dares insult her like that and gets away with it.

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 1

IC: Era - Empty Dorm Wing.

"Stop apologising for everything, please," I asked Hoto, breaking way from her. "You shouldn't have to be sorry for being yourself.... unless you've just killed two of you fellow students, that it...." I turned to Zelnos. "We've been good. Forming Kaitas and other fun stuff like that. How've you been?"

IC: Exxan - Hallway.

"So... what are we going to do in the meantime?" I asked Fang. "Oh.... and since we're going to start being honest with each other, I should probably mention that I... ah.... gave that note to Tridax." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Hoto - Empty Dorm Wing

Hoto sank against a wall. "Yeah..." Those screams still echoed through her mind.

Fang looked down, trying to mask his anger. It would be useless to go out there now, though Tridax had begun to prove himself to be a capable leader.

When he turned his face back up, it was completely impassive once more. "Perhaps it is for the best," he remarked stoically.

He thought for a moment, considering what they could do. "How long has it been since you ate?" He wasn't hungry after that display, but it was something.

IC: Exxan - Hallway.

"Yesterday... I think.... maybe...." I honestly couldn't remember, "the food's not terribly appetising, to be honest." 

IC: Era - Empty Dorm Wing.

"A riot? That's when those two students got killed, I guess...." 

IC: Xara - Gym.

I continued watching Zex's punishment, each torture method more obscene than the next. I'd gone for the simple option: cause him some pain. Nothing permanent, nothing crippling. But I'd seen him have his eyes gouged out.... his arms cut off... his jaw removed...

There was a line between causing someone pain and outright sadism, and some of these students were crossing it. It was too much for me. Without another word, I walked out of the gym. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Dormirahk - Hallway

Dormirahk had grown sick in their stomach from watching the torturing, and decided to get out of the gym, heading into the main building. Suddenly, Dormirahk realized they were growing tired. Oh no, not now. They kept walking, trying desperately to keep themselves awake. They came across Fang, Exxan and Kat. Apparently Exxan and Fang were discussing food. 

Dormirahk decided maybe it was best not to bother them right now. After all, Dormirahk wasn't exactly in tip top shape, what with the drowsiness coming over them and... 

Ooops, Dormirahk fell asleep, collapsing right next to the trio. Dang it.

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: Caoutchouc's fist had barely tapped Tridax when he suddenly found himself frozen, an almost imperceptible field of shimmering light blue strands covering him like a web. The stasis field had robbed him of all motion. 

"You can still hear me in there." Tridax stepped aside, leaving the Rahkshi's punch orphaned in mid-air. "Very slowly, but you can. So, I ask what exactly you think is a mockery of justice here? I am not making these students do anything they do not wish to. They are each inflicting the justice they think is appropriate. Even you, or do you think no-one saw the punches you threw? Two strikes instead of the one I offered. Tsk tsk. Seems the only one making a mockery of this conviction is you. But if you feel that the judgement of your fellow students is unfair..." He gave the suspended fist a gentle shove, then released the stasis field. The sudden changes in momentum and inertia were enough to send Caoutchouc toppling backwards, off the stage and into the midst of the Rahkshi below.

"...feel free to take it up with them."

• Upvote 2

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Illusive - Gym.

I watched on in curiosity. It seemed that Tridax was wary of the impact my notes might have had on the other students. He was being careful not to provoke anyone, or do anything that would paint him in a negative light. Well played....

The headmaster might have won this round, but the battle was just beginning. I'd seen Exxan pass the Call to Arms over to him. I was curious as to how he'd react to a potential gathering of students bent on overthrowing him. And even if Tridax somehow won the battle for the trust of the students, there was still a war to be fought. The Matoran of Phantom-on-the-Water wouldn't be content to sit by and let more of their people be killed. 

For now, I was resigned to standing back and seeing how things played out, but the time would soon come for me to take on a far more active role....

IC - Gym

Had it been two strikes? He had always thought of a right straight > left hook, good'ol one-two as a single attack, not two. That was a philosophical matter for another time...

He staggered to his feet, between the still-ravenous students and Tridax.

"You say this is what we want, our doing, but that's wrong! This is nothing but a mob! I've read enough books to understand that when a bunch of angry or scared or hurt people get together, they can do far more wrong than a single person could or would! Justice is what you get with time and thought, not a group of angry people!"

karzdamnit what am i doing

"Tell me, would any of you have done these things to Zex if you had spoken with him one on one, calm, collected and heard all their could be to be heard?! Without the pushing and shoving of a situation like this? We've been whipped into a frenzy like wild animals!" Bad question Cao, lots of them might've done such terrible things.

And... "As for you, Tridax! You asked us to handle this situation as we would, if we were in your shoes. That's why I punched you! Because If I was doing something so asinine I'd need someone to slug some sense into me, even if I had to do it!"

Edited by Tiragath
  • Upvote 3

...but close to it

IC: Xara - Library.

Eventually I found myself in, of all places, the library. I wandered through the empty shelves for a while, eventually finding a spot reserved for charts and maps, where I slumped down in a chair, tapping my claws on the wooden tabletop.

The place was quiet, empty except for me. Peaceful.

Something caught my eye, a slim, leather-bound volume. An atlas of.... Nyhrah. I picked it up and flicked it open, turning absently through the pages until I came across something interesting. A map of the entire island, and one that specifically showed the exact location of Malebranche. I tore out the page and tucked it away in a small pouch on my belt, before skimming through the rest of the book, as well as the other maps and books on the shelves.

I didn't find any other maps showing where Malebranche was, which meant....

....I had the only copy.

Something I'd heard Exxan and Phogen discussing once surfaced in my mind: knowledge is power. And now that I had the knowledge, I had the power that came with it. Unless more maps turned up that I didn't know about, I was the only student who knew exactly how to get to the city. That information would came in handy to someone at some point, but not today.

I found a book on staff fighting and paged lazily through it, enjoying the relaxing atmosphere. It had been a long day....

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I clamped my mouth shut, doing my best not to laugh.

Now Caoutchouc was talking back to Tridax? Idiot! If he kept this up, he might end up provoking the headmaster into doing something that he'd come to regret. Something I could take full advantage of. 

IC: Glass

Glass hated himself for not having the guts to stand up with Caoutchouc.

IC: Floor

Floor had no such issues.

"He's right. I agree with Headmaster Tridax's assessment of letting us decide our punishment, but is this appropriate? Zex may not have chosen to kill Silencer. And what of other Rahks? Has Exxan been beaten up like this? No. Because he does not serve this, much as Zex does not deserve this.

"If none of you have the guts to do what you think is just, I will."

Floor started melting the crude X shape that Zex was stuck upon.

IC: "Well I'm afraid I'm merely acting on the will of the students. It is they and their posters over the school who requested I take action. And it is they who now seek their justice upon Zex here."

He patted Zex on the shoulder. The one shoulder he had left after Deadeye had got through with him. 

"So if you wish to start dealing out your particular brand of...physical therapy then, well, you're going to have to start with them." He indicated the mass of students that surrounded Caoutchouc. "I'll be interested to see how far you get."

• Upvote 1

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Oh no you don't! I strode forward, pressing Serpent-Fang's blade to Floor's throat. My message was clear: back off.

Let justice be dealt. 

Zex had taken my brother - the only person in the entire karzdamned universe who understood me - and he would pay. 

I said nothing, of course. Merely shook my head, keeping my weapon leveled.

Zex had tried to kill me, and succeeded in killing my brother. He deserved everything he got now. 

IC: Aerahk - Hallways -> Library

Aerahk had only recently arrived at Corpus Rahkshi, and as such was rather inexperienced with how things worked there. After watching some supposed criminal being tortured brutally in the gym, Aerahk decided to head to the Library to get his mind off of it. He found a fiction novel which seemed interesting.

Looking for a seat, Aerahk came across another Rahkshi, paging through a book on staff fighting, and decided to sit on one of the chairs nearby. He said a courteous "Hey" and then started reading his book.

OOC:
That's for Xara, btw.

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: Squid

Squid was happy- it had been a small victory. By intervening only a little, the possible fight degenerated and the Mahrika one walked out angrily.

"Yeah he is a jerk... but I think you might have a short fuse."

Squid went back to his dorm. He sat down on his bed, and grabbed the last big roll of blue cloth. He draped it over his bed to act as a cover. He made his bed neatly and sat down. In the middle of the wall to the left of the door, he saw something. It looked like Rain wasn't finished yet, but it had a shiny black shell and many silver legs. The creature/vehicle was crawling along the ocean floor of his walls, and while it was only halfway done, it was beautiful. He smiled, remembering his trip to the Matoran city.

"Rain's a really nice Rahkshi."

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC: Jayar / Gym-->Jayar's Dorm

Jayar watched a few Rahkshi punish Zex, but when Illusive's turn came he had to leave. Gouging out eyes was just too much, especially since it didn't seem Tridax was replacing them... That just brought a whole slew of unpleasant thoughts mind, especially for a Rahkshi whose girlfriend was blind.

Entering the hallways, Jayar headed for his dorm. He hadn't gotten the chance to sheep since before Malebranche, and he was beginning to feel he needed some.

Sleeping with Zex'screams still on his mind might not work out so well, though. He opened his book of poetry and began to compose a poem, not of Malebranche or Zex, but of Hoto.

Finished, he lay down in his bed and fell into a peaceful sleep.

OOC: Don't worry, he won't be out as long as Vlad :biggrin:

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Green

A clanging sound could be heard by the gym entrance.

That clanging sound was the sound of Green facefaulting and hitting her head on the wall on the way down out of sheer disbelief.

Caoutchouc.

You.

Are.

An.

Honest.

To.

God.

IDIOT!!

IC: Dodge-256

"I just want to chime in that this 'mob' is the general will of the people - oh, he already said it, never mind."

Dodge was eating... Something, while watching. It didn't look like the sludge, but it didn't look any more appetizing.

They would have gone for an apple in this situation, but eh. Whatever.

Let's try to ease off the prominent profanity, even if you're trying to censor it. -B6

Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 2

IC: Sidonas - Beach

Sidonas, relaxing and taking breaths, felt like he had gained some peace.

Except for he didn't. He felt not peace, but something stirring up. And it told him a clear message:

Something had to be done. Justice must be brought.

Quickly, Sidonas picked up his things and ran through the causeway, sprinting towards the Gym.

When he got there, he saw a Rahk who was speaking of justice, of what was right. But he spoke alone, as it seemed.

That would change very soon.

He spoke up. "He is right. This is torture, not justice."

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

IC: Raptor

Raptor's eyes lit up, and he moved closer to Revenge and Rider.

"DUDES!" he whispered.

"Wouldn't it be awesome if we just spontaneously went Kaita? Everyone would see it! It'd be epic!"

IC: Mantis

Mantis was sitting with his head in his hands when he heard one Rahkshi step up against Tridax. He watched him being approached by some others...

Without hesitation, Mantis stood up and walked to where they stood. Now he knew where the true evil was. When he brought Bluepine in, he'd expected a swift death at most. But torture...

He pulled out his Kamas and defiantly glared at Tridax.

"Yes, I suppose you are right," Fang agreed. He opened his mouth to say more, but his attention was caught by a Rahkshi of Sleep stumbling up. He watched blankly as the Rahkshi collapsed near them, then turned back to Exxan as if nothing had happened.

"Any better ideas?" he asked the two.

IC: Rain - Gym

Rain never admitted it to anyone, sometimes not even herself, but there were... a few... very few words and actions she honestly regretted. Not just because she was picking on a Rahk bigger or stronger than her, but because she... *gasp*, felt bad about it.

This was not one of those times. Had Mahrika walked back in here and given her one good reason (as if he hadn't given enough!), she would drive her staff through him. The guy up on the stage... that was nothing. She did that because she could. She didn't care what he did to deserve it. But with Mahrika, it was personal.

So she shrugged off Squid's caution and went off to get something to eat.

IC Vaalku

Vaalku was catching some impressive speed, almost the speed of a full stride. Not easy to do with one arm and leg.

And it was tiring him out.

He gripped the wall and slowly lifted himself to his leg. Panting heavily, he looked around to see where he was.

Refectory entrance.

IC: Fang - Refectory

He needed time to consider his response. As he thought it over, he motioned them to an open table apart from the rest, remaining silent.

As they sat down, he leaned in and kept his voice low. "Leaving? Why now?" he asked.

She had mentioned it, just before Nynrah, but that seemed so long ago. He had thought she had forgotten.

IC Vaalku

Vaalku eased towards the entrance a little more. Probably most students that would see him like this would think he was a zombie. He peeked in.

Fang, Kat and Exxan. Who would probably yell at him, scoff him for being so stupid, and be horrified by his appearance.

Meh, when had it been worse?