Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Bullseye/Nynrah - Dagger Spider Cave

Although he knew that by not killing them, the Dagger Spiders would find a way to retaliate, but by what he and the group did, there would be a chance that they would migrate to another place away from the Matoran.

"...Okay. Let's go back."

IC: Fang - Gym

Ready or not, it was time. He looked directly at Exxan's empty eyes. There was no need to remind him why they were there.

Fang took a deep breath and tried to begin. "I... I want to talk, Exxan. Just... just as you always did. Why don't we... sit for a moment? You look exhausted." He gestured to the benches by the door before walking off towards them. It suddenly occurred to him that Exxan had been standing in the same place Fang had found him after...

He stopped the thought, already feeling the anger bubbling up. He couldn't think about that now. Still, he could almost feel the trail of blood he nearly followed to the benches, since cleaned by the Porters. They had done a good job, almost like it had never happened. At least one thing in the school remained unchanged.

IC: Hoto - Nynrah

"Finally," Hoto put in, but it was lacking in the energy she'd shown through the entire trip. She spun on a heel and began jogging back to the Causeway, much slower than before.

Edited by Click

IC: Exxan - Gym.

Exxan's shoulders slumped, fatigue taking its toll. He picked up his staff and dragged it behind him as he stalked over towards the chairs. He couldn't ignore the irony of the situation. Fang had gone from being the one filled with rage to the one who wanted to talk things through peacefully, whereas Exxan just felt... empty. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Rail - Gym

"Judging by the last ten sparring partners I've had, excluding present company, of course," Rail began to say as he finished restocking his weaponry. "I would be inclined to agree. Ironic, since they're supposed to have more intelligence than the average Rahkshi."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Mar'jik sidestepped and swung his fan axe at Pyre's jaw.

IC: Pyre ducked under the axe but got pounced on by a dagger spider simulation. Pyre killed the simulated spider with his plasma coating and attempted to throw it at Mar'jik.

IC Mar'jik:

Mar'jik swung his axe at the sim. As soon as it hit, the axe seemed to, rather then slowing down, to speed up. Pushing with teh force, Mar'jik slammed it into the ground, before using his other hand to reach behind him.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Fang gratefully collapsed on a bench. He felt just as tired as... well, he couldn't possibly compare himself to Exxan in this state.

There was no need to ask Exxan what happened. He had already heard earlier... in this very room. There was no need to remind him of what had happened. So Fang looked down at the floor, absentmindedly fingering his necklace. Suddenly, it gave him an idea. Exxan had asked earlier, and Fang thought he was ready to hear it now.

He pulled it off and just stared at it for a moment, watching the light reflect off the two fangs. "This... necklace is where I keep my permanent reminders," he began. "You might... recognize the black one. I haven't really had a need to add something to it... until today." He was beginning to feel uncomfortable, and he knew Exxan probably would be too. He tried to rush into the next part before it became too tense. "The red one has a more interesting story. Thinking back on it, it was a bit ridiculous, but I cannot deny it has affected me.

"The fang is... well, was mine. But not this chassis. I was fresh out of the tube then, just dropped out, found my new suit, and I was on my way out when... another Rahkshi ran into me. At first, I just assumed it was accidental. There were a lot of us in that room. Then he hit me again and knocked me over. He... he was jealous of my suit. It was bulky and powerful; his was small and weak. I didn't want to fight. I didn't want to hurt him, but he insisted. I barely had time to get used to controlling my suit, and so my attempts were pathetic. He managed to knock me down and get on top of me. I was helpless as he opened up the back and yanked my Kraata out. Even then, he wasn't finished. He tried to crush me outside of the suit, angry that I dared to get in his way. I couldn't do anything but try to crawl away.

"Apparently, the fight had attracted a lot of attention. We were making a lot of noise at least. A Dodge Rahkshi jumped on my attacker and managed to give me enough time to escape. She was hurt, but the other Rahkshi decided we weren't worth the effort and left to the Academy. I can still hear her calling out for help, calling for me to make sure I was alright. I didn't realize why she was so worried until I crawled up to her and noticed her dim eyes. She... she still managed to help me into my new suit. She introduced herself, but I didn't have a name. Looking around for inspiration, I found... this, apparently broken off in the fight." He just looked down at the red fang, lost in thought, not even noticing the Rahkshi sitting next to him.

IC: Vlad / Nynrah-->Causeway

Vlad deflated at Era's words. Clearly this one was a fighter... He noticed she had no eyes. Was she blind? If so, that would make his new weapon almost useless. He was smart enough to recognize a battle already lost, at least. But he could approach the problem a different way.

"I understand vhat you mean, of course," he said, following the others to the Causeway. "My own Ivan is my most constant companion and friend." He patted the bat on the head.

"But zer Ghosts have been settink traps for zer spiders," he continued. "If ve could convince them to leave, it vould benefit both of us, zer Ghosts, and zer Rahi, no?"

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Era - Beach.

"I don't see what the Ghosts would be doing all the way down here anyway," Era pointed out, "they're reclusive, hardly ever leave their villages." She considered Bullseye's idea. "Spiders are arachnids, not insects. I'm blind and I can see the difference." Some people were honestly just stupid. "We've done enough. Let's leave them be." With that, she turned and started walking back along the beach. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Xara - Gym.

She had to admit, Rail had a very good point. The seemed to be a lot of idiots in this school considering how smart they were all supposed to be. "Speaking of idiots..." she spoke up, "...did you hear about what happened to Omega?" 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Exxan. 

He couldn't find the words. He just sat there, thinking things over. Why was Fang telling him all of this now? Exxan had expected angry words, accusations, bitter hate and resentment. Not... this. Not after what had happened with Omega. Finally, he opened his mouth and forced himself to say something, not daring to meet Fang's eyes as he did so. "I don't expect you to forgive me, or forget what I've done. I just want you to... understand why I had to do it." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Fang looked up from the necklace after a while to see Exxan again. "I... I wanted you to understand first. Why I get in your way. Why I care for the Matoran. Why I do what makes you hate me. What made you..." He trailed off weakly, unable to say the words.

After another moment, he leaned in with an odd grin on his face. "After all... I think I do understand. We are... not as different as you might believe."

With that, Fang slowly stood and looked at the spines he had nearly forgotten were in his hand. "Kat, I think we are done here. There is one more thing we need to do." He began walking out back to the Infirmary, though he paused at the door if Exxan had a reply.

IC: Bullseye/Nynrah ---> Causeway

He became noticeably irritated at the superior attitude that Era was boasting. But he let it slide, for after all she was blind, and it made sense for someone like her to try and prove herself both physically and intellectually amidst the disability.

IC: Punch/Counterpunch/Infirmary

He took control as he went back to Omega's body. He didn't see Fang or the other Rakh, so he stayed by the body...waiting.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Exxan.

"I think..." he said at length, "...maybe you're right." Had Fang guessed what Exxan's final goal was? Maybe, maybe not. It didn't matter. "But it doesn't change anything. Even if we understand each other, everyone else won't." He'd already resigned himself to whatever fate awaited him at the end of this, but he was glad he'd made peace with at least one of his enemies. "As for as everyone here is concerned, I'm the monster, and you... you're everything I'm not." 

IC Vaalku

Quietly sitting in the corner on a small metal chair, Vaalku heard the entire thing. And his arm began to glow.  Karz, Karz, and triple Karz, why now?! He would probably be noticed now that it was glowing brighter than a searchlight, Vaalku slowly rose up, trying to cover his arm behind his back.

IC: Silencer

Silencer continued ironing out a few tweaks in the net gun design. It wasn't perfect; nothing made only on paper ever was.  

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC Vir

Chirox Causeway -> Cauldron Falls

Open to Interaction

Slowly and carefully, Vir stepped and hopped between the Chirox Teeth, making sure to stay perfectly balanced, not risking even the slightest slip. Just a day ago they wouldn't have seen the point in attempting to go to Nyrah alone for the first time. But everything had changed for Vir the moment Exxan had killed Omega. How they felt, they weren't sure.

Scared, because if Omega could die, anyone might?

Sad, because Omega had allowed Vir mercy in their fight, but hadn't been been given any by Exxan?

Confused, because their idea of the school where the strong survived and the weak suffered had been shattered?

All Vir knew was that right now they needed space, something they'd never really had or wanted. Ever since coming to the school, they'd always been with the rest of the student body, either within the Academy's walls or in Phantom-on-the-Water during the assignment there.

The main reason was their terror of flying, which they had managed for the assignment only because of the huge cloud of other Rahkshi flying alongside them. And this, in turn, was the reason they now restricted themself to crossing the Causeway on foot.

Their first steps onto the Nyran soil felt like the first steps they had taken with the legs of a Rahkshi: free, unburdened, and powerful. Invigorated by this sensation, Vir set their sights on the Blacksmith's Bluffs and ran for them. Once there, they climbed up the craggy stone cliff until they stood at the top, beside the waterfall at whose base, Vir had heard, was the Cauldron. Feeling both tired and calmed by the burst of effort, Vir sat and stared down at the Causeway far beneath them, like a very out-of-place gargoyle.

IC Mahrika

Nyrah Beach, Visorak Hunt

"Actually, Bullseye, that's a good idea. Come on, let's see if there's anyone at the academy who can talk to the spiders."

Edited by Akavakaku

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

IC: Era - Beach.

"Still won't work," Era called over her shoulder, "even if the dagger spiders were insects - which they're not - the strongest insect control Rahkshi on campus is only a level 2, far too weak to control a creature that size," she felt pleased with herself. She didn't like having to hurt that spider, but she'd had to show it who was boss. Vlad had crossed the line by killing one of them, but the others would hopefully keep to themselves now. Era just hoped that the other students would actually listen to her, and the remaining spiders would be safe to continue their lives unhindered. 

He almost laughed at that last part. "And what am I? A moralist among the shadows, too busy getting the Karz beat out of me to get anything done. You? You're the perfect student. I've watched you, Exxan; one should always watch his enemies. You do exactly what is expected of you, and everyone envies you for it. That is, until now. I almost wish I could live like that, blissfully ignorant of 'right and wrong.' It would save me a lot of pain.

"As for the others... I will do what I can. They will not understand as I have, but I hope they will learn the cruelest adversary is your own mind. You will not forget, after all."

He stepped outside and snatched up Venom. The anger he had been holding back was screaming at him now. Exxan was in there, weak and defenseless, and he had merely talked. He said he understood, and he would even help! But he pushed it back, though the hilt of Venom was growing warm in his hand. He just walked for a moment, but just before he got to the Infirmary, he tried to offer Kat an explanation. To her, this would surely sound crazy. "I learned something that day: True strength cannot be mimicked. When the time comes to make the hard decision, your strength or weakness is revealed. That day, I pledged I would not be weak again. I fear Exxan has made the same promise."

• Upvote 1

IC: Bullseye/Nynrah ---> Causeway

They were almost at the Causeway.

"Era's right, Mahrika. It won't work. With our display, I'm sure the swarm will find another cave, perhaps farther from the villages, to inhabit instead."

IC: Punch/Counterpunch/Infirmary

He saw Fang and his friend walk in. He handed them the lot of scrap he managed to carry with him.

"Here you go?"

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Exxan - Library.

All of the fight had gone out of him. Fang was right, about everything. Gathering up his weapons, he left the gym and headed home: back to the library. He found the corner - his corner - where it had all began days ago, when he'd defeated Caoutchouc as part of the first assignment, and slumped down in his seat. 

And then he waited, for whatever the universe decided to throw at him next. 

IC: Fang - Infirmary

Fang continued onward and grinned as he waved her into the Infirmary... only to catch Punch's metal. He nearly dropped it in surprise. "Oh... thank you... Punch. I'm sure we'll... find a use for it." He dropped the armload onto an empty bed and walked over to Omega.

He'd had plenty of time to feel anger and understanding, but as Fang looked down at the lifeless body of his friend, grief returned. Palma had done much for him. He looked even better than he had... in life. Every scratch and dent had been repaired in her attempts to save him, and the black and gold shined wonderfully. The purple stripes didn't fare as well, but after... what had happened, it was to be expected. It was hard to believe that now, when his armor was perfect, Omega's life was not there to enjoy it. Fang almost whispered "This won't hurt a bit" as he started welding on the first of the spines. Just as he had said to Hoto when they left that cavern, and he tried to help the only way he could think how. She was tough as he burnt the springs into her joints, but she had still cried out at the pain. But no one came.

He shook his head. He needed to focus to get these right. No use... sending Omega off with crooked spines. Not after all Palma had done.

Exxan sat, brooding. 

"What's that even supposed to mean?" Exxan snapped. 

"I did, yes," Rail said, motioning weakly that Xara should lead the way to the infirmary; he had no intention of upsetting the "princess" again so soon after their battle had concluded. "Tell me; what are your thoughts on the entire situation?"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: As Revenge watched Palma walk by him he thought for a moment that she was deliberately ignoring him. Then she stopped and took a few steps back to stand his bed. The flicker of recognition sparked in her eyes, she'd not realised who he was before.

"I bet you appreciate having no-one come in and grab your throat while you're trying to recuperate."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

"Well, I knew them both well enough to tell that it was going to end this way sooner or later. Exxan seemed the harmless sort. Scrawny, bookworm, serious issues with confidence. Omega, on the other hand, was... headstrong, cocky, overconfident. Stupid, basically." She still remembered her own reaction to what happened next. "And then, the next thing anyone knows, Exxan become one of the first three level three students... ever. It didn't seem to sit well with Omega. He always seemed to have it out for Exxan after that. Jealousy will do that to you. Omega leveled up a while later, and I guess he decided he wanted to find out which one of them was better. With an attitude like that, I say the idiot had it coming." 

In the back of her mind, she wondered why the karz she was telling this guy so much. But it was nice to talk to someone occasionally, and he'd earned her respect. "I don't blame Exxan for what he did; it's what I would have done. I'm still kind of surprised that he did it, though. But it just goes to show what people will do when they've been pushed too far." 

Rail listened quietly as Xara spoke. He didn't personally know either of the two, and her commentary provided more background information on the situation as a whole. He nodded in agreement before speaking two simple words.

"I see."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"I tell you all of that, and you give me a two word response?" scowled Xara, "Thanks. Makes me feel like you really appreciated what I had to say." Her voice was so heavy with sarcasm not even an idiot could have missed it. 

"Would you feel better if I returned the favor and described my thoughts on the situation?" Rail asked, attempting to alleviate the sudden tension between them. "I do apologise; you're actually the first person here that I've had an extended conversation with, and as such, I'm not exactly used to speaking this often."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"That might be a good idea. It's a very one-sided conversation otherwise." 

IC: Glass

One week.

Glass had been out here at the end of classes for one week, trying to catch a ###### shallows cat. He must've loomed like a crazed lunatic, visual receptors wide and twitching, armour torn and staff dulled. No wonder even Palma was tired of patching him up once he came back every day, Shallows Cat-less.

He had heard that Xara wanted an animal companion, and what better animal than the agile cats that stalked the coastline of the school?

Well, there's frenzied Takea mutated Tarakava, crazed Manas, Giant Nui-Kopen-

You're not helping.

You thought up of this bad idea. What on this filthy island possessed you to hunt these... These... demonic creatures?!

I didn't know they were that bad. Now, I... I-

-now you do. Can we go back?

He's right. I'm tired.

You're tired? You are all just figments of my imagination, I'm the one being strained to my limits.

Too bad you can't handle my roguish charm

I barfed a little.

Not in here. It's filthy enough with him in here.

Glass stopped. He heard a soft sound behind him.

He spun around and instinctively lashed out with his powers, sending a bolt of lightning at the Shallows Cat stalking him.

The bolt just missed, but the lithe creature, smooth black fur and all, barely blinked. It just stalked towards him, glowing eyes fixed on Glass's own red visual receptors.

It stopped a feet away from the quivering Rahk, and sat on its haunched. It started licking its paw.

"Oh, no you don't, you monstrous spawn of Karzahni! I-I know that look! You think to draw me in with your oh-so-clever act, then pounce and rip my armour off! I was almost chewed by one of you! Like, Kraata-chewed!"

Hate to stop you here, but cats don't speak-

"Yes, yes they do. They understand us! These filthy, unholy monsters..."

We're kind of filthy unholy monsters too, you know. And you're speaking aloud.

It's my turn to hate to break up the lovely conversation we have here, but this cat... It's just sitting there. They've never done that before. Either they walk off or attack by now.

It's trying to trick us!

Outwardly, Glass said, "Alright, you want to play this game, we'll play this ###### game. I'll sit too. Then we'll see whose the clever one.

It's just you. Or us, actually.

Shh! I'm tricking it!Except that Rahkshi can't really sit cross legged due to their gangly locomotive components, so he just hovered in his flying position.

One hour. Two hours. Three hours. None of Glass's imaginary voices spoke.

Probably asleep.And the cat was still there. It blinked at him and licked its paw again. During these long hours, he noticed that it had noticeably more scars than the other cats he saw, but it was also more graceful. While there was a certain aloofness that the cats gave off held while lounging(read: attracting prey), this cat didn't need to; it was just so self-confident and graceful.

"We just might make an animal companion out of you yet."

The cat didn't answer.

OOC: Formatting screwed. I'll try to save it.

Edited by Tenth Norik
  • Upvote 2

"The way I see it," Rail said as they continued to make their way towards the infirmary. "Makuta create Rahkshi to destroy enemies too numerous to take on by themselves. They're the brains, we're the brawn. We were created with the instinct to kill, and to deny that is folly, for in the end, that is the true purpose of our kind. If Exxan were to have let his foe live to come after him another day, he would've deviated from his original purpose, and would've proved that he was no longer fit to serve. Ponder for a moment on what a Makuta would do to a disobedient Rahkshi. Would they keep them around, scolding them while knowing deep down that the particular Rahkshi in question would likely ignore what they were told again somewhere along the way? Or would they simply end them in favor of replacing them with another that hopefully displayed more competence? Not everyone here may agree with what Exxan did to Omega, but is it a hammer's place to decide which nail it wants to strike first? Is it the place of a sword to decide how to kill an enemy? We may be called the Children of Makuta, but the reality of it is that we're just their tools, their weapons. When Exxan killed Omega, he may have broken a rule or acted unspeakably, but he also proved that he was still a useful implement of destruction, and that he was still fit to act as one on the behalf of the Makuta."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"While you make a good point, I don't think Exxan, from what I've seen of him, is the slightest bit interested in what the Makuta want." Xara retorted, "He kept saying something about how Omega didn't give him a choice: that he had to kill him. That he made Omega an offer, gave him a chance to live, and he refused." She didn't appreciate being called a tool. She wasn't a weapon, either.

She was a warrior: one of the best, and she served no one but herself. "The sword doesn't decide how it strikes, the person controlling it does." Her voice came out in a cold hiss. "And no one is controlling me." 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Silencer - Shoreline. 

Silencer decided it was time to put his finalised net gun to the test. The kinks in the design had been ironed out, and the mechanism operated smoothly. There was only one thing left to do: test it out to make certain he'd fixed everything. . But he didn't want to risk any of the other students seeing his creation just yet, not until he was certain it was ready.

He picked up one of the modified Zamor launchers and covered it in a cloth blanket before heading out to the Causeway and down onto the beach, following the shoreline until he was out of sight of the Causeway. Then he pulled away the blanket and loaded the net, searching for a target. 

OOC: If Glass needs some help catching cats, he could ask really nicely if he could borrow the gun. :P

"Again, I meant no disrespect," Rail continued. "What I was trying to get across was that by killing Omega, Exxan proved to the Makuta, and to us all by extension, that he was worthy enough to keep on living. Omega was going to keep trying to kill him, and if by some small chance he actually succeeded, he most likely would not have stopped with just Exxan. He was given the chance to realise the error of his ways, but in the end, he still needed to be put down, and Exxan did just that. If he had fallen to Omega instead, who knows how many of our siblings would have died by his hands afterwards? Agree with what he did or not, Exxan did all of us a favor today, and he doesn't deserve the Karz he's probably been getting from the other students."

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: